Make Up For Ever Super Matte Loose Powder

4.1

talc, silica, nylon-12, silk powder, propylparaben, butylparaben, methylparaben, dehydroacetic acid. May contain: iron oxides, mica, red 27 lake, titanium dioxide, yellow 10 lake, red 7 lake, red 21 lake, yellow 6 lake, ultramarines, blue 1 lake, yellow 5 lake, red 6, manganese violet, chromium oxide greens, chromium hydroxide green, synthetic fluorphlogopite, silica, calcium sodium borosilicate, tin oxide.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

IMO, this is better than blot (which i have regrettably used for a long time)......i use #14 for my current winter C3 skin...it matched perfectly...yellow enuff and great coverage....i have combo skin that gets oily and oxidizes most of my foundation by the end of the day...though the outcome of my makeup looks better than blot by the end of the day, it still cant beat my Kryolan anti shine for oil control.

on 1/18/2008 12:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is an excellent powder if you have oily to very oily skin. It's better than MAC Blot Loose and has more shades to work with. For the price though, I think MAC offers a lot more product than this. The only problem I had with was that my skin is dehydrated and flaky, with an oily Tzone and this powder made me look sooo dry and sucked the crap out of the oils on my face. I guess it's a good thing if that's what you need, but it wasn't exactly the look I was going for. Will not repurchase only because this is not suitable for my skin type.

on 12/14/2007 2:41:00 PM

I wanted to like this, I really did but:
Cons:
1) It is way over priced
2) I was oily after 30 minutes in below 50 degree wheather
3) Broke me out
4) Little product big price tag
5) Revlon does a better job setting makeup for 1/3 of the price

Pros:
None for me

Waste of money and time

on 12/11/2007 7:14:00 PM

just an okay loose powder. did not do as good of a job setting my foundation as i would like; my t-zone is visibly oily again after 2 hours. looks nice for the first 2 hours though!

on 12/6/2007 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think this is my HG loose powder! For reference I am a NC30-35 in MAC. The lady at Sephora recommended this to me. I have this in #14 Sand because I need a teeny bit more coverage. It's great at setting foundation and keeps my T-zone in check. This does not feel heavy at all and does not break me out. It is a tad pricey, but it lasts forever!

on 11/19/2007 12:03:00 PM

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA. I've tried MANY loose powders over the years---LM, Becca, Stila, BE mineral veil and they all have only held back my T-zone oiliness for 2-3 hours. Philosophy's blotting papers helped for a short time while I was out, but still the oiliness reappeared. I am medium tone skin w/ yellow undertones. I bought the translucent and it works beautifully! It sets my makeup and only if I'm going out in the evening will I need to reapply. If you've been searching for a powder to curb oiliness, give this one a try--you need very little to be effective.

on 11/5/2007 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

MY HG powder! I love this powder and I have tried alot of different ones over the years trying to find something that helps with my oily skin. This powder is similar to LM loose powder but its ability to prevent oily skin and keep a matte look is unbelievable! I am using 12 which is a light yellow powder over my LM oil free foundation, now I only have to blot once or twice a day compared to every 2-3 hours. The price is high for the amount you get but I would repurchase due to its excellent quality.

on 10/24/2007 12:04:00 AM

This is my HG loose powder. What I love about this is that it really makes my face matte after I apply my foundation. I've tried a lot of loose powders and this one keeps me matte the best. It's a great setting powder. I use #14, which is the most yellow color they carry. It's very finely milled and soft. I use my Sephora powder brush (the giant one that they carry) to apply this. Because of this powder, I hardly have to retouch my makeup. I also love that this is photo friendly. I think that the price of $24 is pretty reasonable compared to other brands carried at Sephora. I have already repurchased this twice, and unless another brand comes out with something better, I will buy this again and again. For reference, I am a LM Oil Free Sandy Beige, Dior 301, Mac NC 30. This powder is perfect for those who have extremely oily skin, I know that a loose powder to control oil is hard to find. Right now my skin is bordering dry/combination because of the current weather change, and this powder is still exquisite.

on 10/16/2007 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I got this in sand as I needed a powder with at least a little bit of color.
I don't find this to be anything extreme in controlling oilies... I have found that my forehead and T-zone become oily during the day just the same. This product also tends to settle into the pores of my nose.. and it's not cheap! I would expect more from something I paid almost $30 for a Sephora. I don't know if I will re-purchase...maybe...it is a great powder in the aspect of being finely milled and blends in well. eh, I d k..still on the search for my HG.

on 10/11/2007 12:07:00 PM

Love this with Face and Body foundation! Helps to keep away shine and set my foundation. I only wish they would come out with a compact.

Recommended for Normal Skin