November 25, 2014 | 1755 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - Super Matte Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent powder if you have oily to very oily skin. It's better than MAC Blot Loose and has more shades to work with. For the price though, I think MAC offers a lot more product than this. The only problem I had with was that my skin is dehydrated and flaky, with an oily Tzone and this powder made me look sooo dry and sucked the crap out of the oils on my face. I guess it's a good thing if that's what you need, but it wasn't exactly the look I was going for. Will not repurchase only because this is not suitable for my skin type.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2007 2:41:00 PM More reviews by DDmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this, I really did but:
Cons:
1) It is way over priced
2) I was oily after 30 minutes in below 50 degree wheather
3) Broke me out
4) Little product big price tag
5) Revlon does a better job setting makeup for 1/3 of the price

Pros:
None for me

Waste of money and time

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2007 7:14:00 PM More reviews by jenlee36

just an okay loose powder. did not do as good of a job setting my foundation as i would like; my t-zone is visibly oily again after 2 hours. looks nice for the first 2 hours though!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2007 8:59:00 PM More reviews by pandarov

I think this is my HG loose powder! For reference I am a NC30-35 in MAC. The lady at Sephora recommended this to me. I have this in #14 Sand because I need a teeny bit more coverage. It's great at setting foundation and keeps my T-zone in check. This does not feel heavy at all and does not break me out. It is a tad pricey, but it lasts forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2007 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Jox3347

I bought this after reading the reviews on MUA. I've tried MANY loose powders over the years---LM, Becca, Stila, BE mineral veil and they all have only held back my T-zone oiliness for 2-3 hours. Philosophy's blotting papers helped for a short time while I was out, but still the oiliness reappeared. I am medium tone skin w/ yellow undertones. I bought the translucent and it works beautifully! It sets my makeup and only if I'm going out in the evening will I need to reapply. If you've been searching for a powder to curb oiliness, give this one a try--you need very little to be effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2007 7:35:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

MY HG powder! I love this powder and I have tried alot of different ones over the years trying to find something that helps with my oily skin. This powder is similar to LM loose powder but its ability to prevent oily skin and keep a matte look is unbelievable! I am using 12 which is a light yellow powder over my LM oil free foundation, now I only have to blot once or twice a day compared to every 2-3 hours. The price is high for the amount you get but I would repurchase due to its excellent quality.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2007 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Charma22

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my HG loose powder. What I love about this is that it really makes my face matte after I apply my foundation. I've tried a lot of loose powders and this one keeps me matte the best. It's a great setting powder. I use #14, which is the most yellow color they carry. It's very finely milled and soft. I use my Sephora powder brush (the giant one that they carry) to apply this. Because of this powder, I hardly have to retouch my makeup. I also love that this is photo friendly. I think that the price of $24 is pretty reasonable compared to other brands carried at Sephora. I have already repurchased this twice, and unless another brand comes out with something better, I will buy this again and again. For reference, I am a LM Oil Free Sandy Beige, Dior 301, Mac NC 30. This powder is perfect for those who have extremely oily skin, I know that a loose powder to control oil is hard to find. Right now my skin is bordering dry/combination because of the current weather change, and this powder is still exquisite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 5:53:00 PM More reviews by ccope4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this in sand as I needed a powder with at least a little bit of color.
I don't find this to be anything extreme in controlling oilies... I have found that my forehead and T-zone become oily during the day just the same. This product also tends to settle into the pores of my nose.. and it's not cheap! I would expect more from something I paid almost $30 for a Sephora. I don't know if I will re-purchase...maybe...it is a great powder in the aspect of being finely milled and blends in well. eh, I d k..still on the search for my HG.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2007 12:07:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this with Face and Body foundation! Helps to keep away shine and set my foundation. I only wish they would come out with a compact.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2007 12:41:00 AM More reviews by Absolutely

I have this in 14 Sand but I think it *might* be a little bit dark but still very nice. It keeps my super oily skin matte for hours (I still have to blot after 4 hours or so). It leaves a nice even finish and in my opinion, it looks better than MAC's medium blot powder pressed (my old HG).
I thoguht initially it comes in 10g jars because of the testing pot but it comes in a 28g pot (I bought it at the Bay in Vancouver Canada). Came to 32 dollars before taxes CAD. The only thing I dislike is that it is in loose form so it gets really messy. I apply with a powder brush.

edit: I returned it, 14 is too dark for me. If my new powder from Shiseido doesn't work out I'll go back to this and try #10.

EDIT #2: I bought number 10 Translucent White and it is perfect for me. It is finely milled so when you apply it with a powder brush, it melts into your skin. The result: matte, natural skin. I have incredibly oily skin so oil starts to break through after 3-4 hours but even then I do not look shiny or greasy. Just when i look upclose to my nose I see a bit of oil coming through. I just need to blot or blot and retouch with powder. I put some of the powder in my Shu Uemura mini loose powder container so I can travel with it. It can still be messy though.

As for the comparison between MAC blot pressed and MUFE Super Matte loose powder, I think their oil absorbing qualities are very similar. However I prefer MUFE because I can put lots on without even the hint of caking. In addition, the 28g for 32 Canadian beats 12g of MAC for 27 CAD. (Loose powder is almost always at a better value than pressed though). MAC's pressed powder is handy when you are on the go.
I suggest oily skinned ladies to try out both.

EDIT #3: I take back what I said about this being comparable to MAC. This mattifies better and looks way more natural because of the powder's fine texture. I wish it came in pressed form. The Translucent White (#10) mattifies better than #14 Sand. I read that Laura Mercier's loose powders are like also. The translucent keeps oily skin matte longer than the tinted powders.

Ingredients:
Talc, Silica, Nylon-12, Serica Powder (Silk Powder), Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Dehydroacetic Acid.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No