April 24, 2014 | 1485 users online

Conditioner - Dove - Intense Moisture Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2005 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hmurphy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good. I use this with the Dove Beautifully Clean shampoo on my straight, thick, slightly coarse hair. I blowdry every day, but I don't color my hair or use styling products, so it's in fairly good condition. It gets really dry and static-y in winter, though, so I need a heavier conditioner. The conditioner covers pretty well (you don't seem to need that much), but it does take a while to rinse out. It doesn't seem to increase my blowdrying time, and it gives me soft hair without a coated feeling or dullness. I hope using it with the shampoo for normal/oily hair will keep the buildup at bay. The scent is fairly strong but it dissipates after I dry my hair. It was around $3 at the grocery store and comes in a sturdy bottle that's easy to operate. All in all, a good, inexpensive winter conditioner.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2005 11:53:00 PM More reviews by pramy

this is the best conditioner i have ever used...it works so well on my straight black hair. everyone noticed the difference: hair is shinier, softer and less fizzy! i love the smell too!!!!
*edit* looking back now i dunno why it works well on my hair because now it does nothing.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2005 10:44:00 PM More reviews by alissa103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While I loved the way my hair felt and smelled after I used this, it made me break out in hives all over my face/neck/back when I got out of the shower. I couldn't figure out why I reacted until I used it the next day and the same thing happened. This (and the shampoo) were the "new" things I was using, so I have to chalk it up to that. Bummer. I've been happy with dove products NOT irritating my skin until now. VERY DISAPPOINTING.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2005 4:45:00 PM More reviews by kookykabooky

Great scent, leaves my hair soft and shiny. I have fine wavy/curly hair and it does not get weighed down using this conditioner. Definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2005 9:18:00 PM More reviews by XxPinaColadaxX

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my HG conditioner :-D I love the way this smells. I wouldn't call it "Intense" but it's certainly the most moisturizing conditioner I have ever used. My hair really does feel like it's weightless, and I have really thick hair. It leaves my hair shiney, soft and smelling good. :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/3/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by ilovekyle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

*Edit* I have found out that this conditioner has a very high silicone content, which isn't an issue for my hair, but I would rather use hair care products with low silicone contents. Also, the scent of the Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner was too strong and overwhelming for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2005 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Frost_Raven

Usually, I could skip the whole hair drama; but with corkscrew curls prone to frizziness, I have no choice. I buy this in giant discount bottles from Costco, and since I have short hair and a slightly compulsive behavior; it still lasts me for more than four months. The only problem was that the packaging (for the bulk bottle, with a push top) broke, and so the nozzle becomes very messy and caked. Wonderful conditioner; I dye my hair with a semi perminant dye and it helps keep the after-bleached hair soft and nice.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2004 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Sugar31707

This product is heaven sent. It is like an intense conditioner that you can use daily. It is thick and instantly softens and detangles my hair. I leave it on for 3 minutes and then rinse. My hair is soft and shiny after I blow dry it then. And it smells great. I only gave it a 4 though because I think this is what caused my back to have small breakouts. I wash after I condition, but the conditioner still breaks me out. I think my back has gotten used to it though because I dont have the breakouts any more. This conditioner is wonderful though either way.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2004 9:14:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like Dove Intense Moisture Conditioner as an everyday conditioner, and it's the best drugstore cond. I've ever had. Because of its silicones, it really smoothes out hair and makes it shiny and manageable. I have very thick hair which needs serious detangling and this works. The shampoo, though, can be skipped-- I used to use it a lot and it really built up and made my head itchy. I have mid-back length hair and am growing it out, so this is a good everyday smoothing treatment, and I can afford to use lots of it. I would recommend using a deep conditioner twice a week though, and also a clarifying shampoo to rid your hair of the silicones.

(From Paula Begoun: "Silicone is an outstanding hair-care ingredient and the unsung hero of the hair-care world. Not only does silicone add reflection and sheen, it also imparts an unbelievably sensual, silky feel. The only trick with these types of products is to not get carried away thinking more is better—too much can build up to a greasy mess that looks more wet and sticky than shiny.") I also love the scent-- the clean scent of Dove soap, just a bit sweeter.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2004 12:16:00 PM More reviews by samurai123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well my hair is curly, dry, and frizz-prone..so I guess this stuff wasn't strong enough for me. I mean, yeah, it has a nice smell and it "moisturizes", but not enough. My hair is still frizzy after conditioning, which I don't get with Aussie 3 minute miracle. This may work if you don't need as intense moisturizing. It's really not that "intense" compared to other products.