Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer

Water, Talc, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polyglyceryl-3 Distearate, Beeswax, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Protein, Dimethicone Copolyol, Magnesium Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, PPG-3 Myristyl Ether, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Xanthan Gum, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Tetrasodium EDTA, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Fragrance. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Click "continued" for photos.

This undereye concealer seems to brighten more than it conceals. It's nowhere near opaque, I'd say it has ~ 60% transparency and ~ 40% coverage. So I wouldn't recommend it for those with severe circles. However its brightening effect would be ideal for those with just light circles (.....it's dark circles vs. light circles apparently), because in my experience non-severe circles + high coverage = cakey & obvious & ends up emphasizing the undereye area more than the circles did in the first place.

It's in liquid form with very thin consistency (compared to say, Lancome Effacernes). Despite that, it feels creamy and is easily spreadable. It has a matte finish yet still adds a luminescent 'glow', where your skin looks brighter without being too 'reflective' (hence keeping the finish matte)

Does not cake at all, and lasts for around 6, 7 hours before your circles kinda peek out again, of course that also depends on how oily you are, and whether you use a primer.

In conclusion, it's great for those with non-severe circles, who just want to add a little "lifting" glow to the undereye area, but would be close to useless for serious circles, in that case, try Lancome Effacernes or MUFE Full Cover (both are more opaque and thicker).

The following photos feature the shade "1" (I'm NW15ish)

continued >>

on 4/29/2009 11:38:00 PM

This concealer is pretty good I must say. It blends pretty well and covers dark circles pretty well.

Compared to Lancome's Effacernes, this concealer is a bit more sheer so I think Lancome's Effacernes does a better job at the concealing part. Lancome's can be a little bit drying sometimes, but if you warm it up with the fingers it shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand this Make Up For Ever concealer goes on really smooth, the texture is a bit more runny.

In the end I like Lancome's concealer more. Firstly because it provides a better coverage and secondly because the new version has SPF 12 in it! The color section of MUFE is wider though, Lancome only has 3 colors or so.

on 4/29/2009 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Agree with most of the reviews here: Good value, seeing how little is needed and how long it lasts. Easy to layer. Smooth coverage without caking and folding under eyes. Compatible with other makeup brands, very creamy.

on 4/20/2009 4:47:00 PM

One of the better concealers, doesn't dry out, easy to apply, and need very little product

on 4/20/2009 2:32:00 PM

I am NC30 in MAC. I have used MAC concealers (both in liquid and in the little pot) and Cinema Secrets. I use this for my undereyes dark circle.

I bought number 2 in Sephora store the other day and I am using it for 3 days already and I LOVE it. It melts into my undereyes area. You need just a little bit to cover and it does not settle into creases (which I had the problem with Cinema Secrets). It is long lasting and a lovely product.

In Canada, I paid around CAD$27.

on 4/14/2009 11:53:00 PM

I don't use concealers coz none of them ever worked for me. They seemed very obvious and didn't blend well or just looked awful. So I had phobia over concealers. I saw the MUFE counter one Friday and decided to drop by and check out their latest foundations. The SA was very helpful. She picked out #3 for my MAC NC20 complexion. I also use #30 Porcelain in MUFE's Mat Velvet. This concealer melted into my skin so velvety smooth without a crease. So little is needed to cover my undereye bags. I don't have dark circles. The SA told me not to use this for blemishes cause the ingredients may cause me to breakout. So I use this faithfully under my eyes. I also use it on my lids when I needed to wear eyeshadow. This is by far the best concealer I've used that I will definitely repurchase. Expensive but good quality. Another winner from MUFE!

I think this product is just ok. By itself it doesn't give me much coverage. I use this for my under eye circles. I use it with the Make Up For Ever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette just for the extra coverage. The most annoying thing about it though is that it leaks out a lot. I have been using it for like 2 weeks now and it still leaks. I don't even hold it facing down because it gushes out with me holding it right side up and without squeezing the bottle. I expected a lot more from such an expensive product.

on 3/24/2009 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Just got a sample of this, and I will be returning the BB corrector and concealer kit tomorrow! This worked soooo much better, and it is less than half the price of the BB. Loved it!

on 3/18/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

What can I say that hasnt already been said about this? Its amazingggg for undereyes!! Covers so well and doesnt get all cakey! Smoothes everything out and looks so nice. A teeny tiny bit goes a long way to this tube is gonna last me years! A must have for undereyes.

on 3/16/2009 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I actually just bought this on a whim at Sephora. I was looking for a more peachy colored concealer for dark circles that didn't highlight any fine lines (I'm only 18 so I don't have a lot but still). I liked Laura Mercier's Secret Camouflage until I discovered this stuff. It's SO moisturizing and it really does "lift" a little. It never looks chalky or cakey but covers nicely. Would repurchase but it lasts forever.

Top Rated Make Up For Ever Products