April 18, 2014 | 1561 users online

Powder - Cover Girl - Simply Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lizzy666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was using studio fix, which broke me out, but I kept using it because I was in denial. Anyway, I was getting really tired of having to redo my makeup in the afternoon and I noticed it was the studio fix powder, it just did gross things on my face. So I remember using this when I was younger over my foundation, and went out to buy it. The lightest, 505, is still a little dark, but so was the lightest studio fix. What I like is that it hasn't broken me out, hasn't changed colors, and hasn't settled anywhere. I'm shiny, but I touch up and it didn't look all cakey after that.
Overall I like it better than studio fix (at 7.49, pretty good!), I just wish they had lighter shades.
But most importantly, unlike studio fix, this does not cause cystic acne on my face...I'm looking normal again since using it. Also, it has better coverage than shiseido powdery foundation. It also sets my liquid foundation much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 2:37:00 AM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this compact since...high school? Which was about 8 years ago. Yep, really. This is my HG easily...I always buy it over and over. I have very tempermental skin and it goes from flaky to oily so easily its ridiculous. That and its acne prone, so this stuff is perfect because it does NOT cause break outs or any con at all for that matter. And yes you *must* thoroughly cleanse the sponge..or replace..continuously to keep the make up fresh. I dont know what I would do if CG discontinued this stuff

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been hunting for the perfect powder foundation for almost a year now. When I say perfect, I mean color matches my fair skin without making me look washed out, it can offer good coverage, doesn't look cakey, and doesn't fade or oxidize drastically through the day. I thought I found that in Maybelline PureStay, but I soon realized the color was too pink to be flattering. I've tried Simply Powder multiple times, and each time I haven't been fully happy. The compact it comes in is probably the best part. It's very sturdy, so I know if I drop it, it'll be ok. It also comes with a nice, thick sponge and big mirror to make on the go applications simply. Now, onto the powder itself. Cover Girl has a terrible habit of over-stating undertones, especially pink. It took me a while to realize it, but after seeing my face in natural sunlight, the color was too dark (510, classic ivory), and too pink. Ugh. So, I kept using it anyway, trying to make myself like it. The coverage is just like CG classic liquid foundations. It can even out redness and cover very minor imperfections, but it doesn't have the ability to hide dark marks. You can build the coverage without it looking cakey or thick, but I feel like I have to reapply this a few times during my makeup routine because it disappears or something. Then, I'm constantly putting more on through out the day to keep it looking decent. Overall, this is ok if you can find the right color, and not need too much coverage. For me? I wouldn't buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by beautifulasian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The packaging is not so sturdy but the content itself is quite good quality. I used shade "classic ivory" and it perfectly suit my skin tone. This product may be a bit too dry for dry or normal skin but I used this only when I had quite oily skin back then. (2002~) This also lasts long and gives you very sheer coverage. I liked it alot so did my friends. This is not very cakey yet kinda gives you flawless look without heavy make-up look. I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2008 9:32:00 PM More reviews by kurrywoo12

Putting the package together was difficult lol literally took me about 20 minutes haha but that okay. This actually has really good coverage. I was always skeptical about powder foundations because I like full coverage but powders never deliver. But out of boredom, I tried this product and its really good. I have freckles and redness, and this totally covered them all. It really does "cover like a liquid" like they say (I was shocked) I didnt quite get the perfect color, I'll go with buff beige next time as creamy natural was ever so slighty pinkish, but still wearable. Make sure you moisturize before because like all powders, it can emphazise flakes. But seriously, this is a really good product. And the sponge it comes with actually works! haha But really, Im very very impressed with the coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by jerseygirlLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

not a BAD product, but not for me. i find looser powders work better for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2008 11:58:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If I had written this review 5 years ago, I probably would have given this product a higher rating. It works wonderfully if your skin is oily. However, now that I'm older and have more dryness in my skin, this product doesn't work as well for me. (I like to use powder foundation in the summer because it's lighter.)
One warning--you need to let any moisturizer dry completely before using this product, to otherwise you will get very noticeable streaks on your face! (Trust me, it's happened to me more than once.)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2008 11:12:00 AM More reviews by janis13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hey ya'll...love this stuff. As with all powders, you must, if you have drier skin, moisturize! I would compare this to the MAC stuff I have purchased. The packaging is not all that difficult really (one shot deal...pull toward you and up, snap into place). Classic Beige is perfect for me. Does not yellow or turn orange, fade or cake if reapplied later in the day.

I have had comments that my skin looks great, what have I done? Covers well, highly buildable, easy and quick to use with either a brush or sponge. Looks natural and flawless, just like it says. Praying they do not discontinue it. NO BREAKOUTS, and if you are my age, you know the quest is real. I think the hunt is over.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2008 6:50:00 PM More reviews by coladas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for a week now and I am loving the way it looks and how it adjusts to my skin.
My face looks creamy not powdery and I have oily skin and this isn't sliding off or lifting off my face.
It makes me look sort of glowy. I am torn between this and Fresh complexion oil control makeup (powder foundation). But Fresh complexion makes me look dry, unatural compare to this.
I use it over my regular foundation, pat it on once, blend with a brush and I am done for the day, maybe later afternoon I have to pat up oil production but it's not that serious and it is mostly the T- Zone. I am glad I gave this a try. Classic ivory seemed not too light and not too dark. Glad I made the right guess on the color. Oh and the color hasn't changed or oxidized on me either!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 2:18:00 PM More reviews by Savvy890

this is good and natural
has a light coverage
feels lightweight

cons:
has parabens (harsh chemical synthetic preservative)

out of all the covergirl products , this one is my favorite though
you can't beat the price either! $4.50/ compact
(clinique is $18.50/compact)
i give it a 4. i would buy again if i didn't have my organic makeup.!