September 30, 2014 | 1962 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2010 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ilikeshim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I looked at a few reviews first before purchasing this product at my drugstore. I was a little 50/50 about it since people mentioned that the coverage is very light. It is very light but it hydrates my dry skin pretty well. I liked how it did that. If the coverage was slightly better i would like it more. Overall its not a bad product, might be a little smelly to a sensitive nose though

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this, esp when I realized that they had such light colors. BUT when I apply this it seems to accentuate every imperfection (dryness, fine lines - and I'm only 24 so I don't have many lines). I'll probably keep trying to make this work but I am disappointed
Update: Just realized why this looks so icky on me. It has shimmer in it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 2:34:00 PM More reviews by oumsker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I got one in 755 (soft honey) because I'm a fair skin Asian. This shade has a bit of yellow undertone and it really blends in with my natural color. I have a sensitive skin which can get oily and dry at the same time...but this product has served me well. It has medium coverage...but the finish is not cakey at all. It feels light and great. I'm very happy with this product and I got it at CVS when it was only $5!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Chocolatedippedstrawberri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a good sheer foundation. It's better than average, but not HG material. Would be perfect if it gave more coverage. I can only use this on days when my skin is clear. It evens out skintone, but does not cover any red marks. This is more like a tinted moisturizer. It's good though,and very moisturizing, which I like. I would repurchase because it's so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2009 11:05:00 AM More reviews by volshorn08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin gets a little drier in the winter and it's starting to get cold here. I bought this based on the reviews and with a coupon, I got this free. Light to medium buildable coverage. Very smooth and easy to apply.

Since everyone is comparing this to Laura Mercier TM, which I own and use quite a bit, here's my comparison: This gives more coverage and covers redness and dry spots better than LM. It holds more moisture to my skin and doesn't turn as oily as quickly. Somehow I had the exact opposite experience than the review below me...hmmm...

Near perfect color for me is 755. I am medium toned with very yellow/golden undertones. I love the small tube this is in way better than using a pump. I have not experienced any leaking, including on trips across the country in plane or car. Still the same amount as any other foundation on the market, and so easy to get out! I usually wear fdtn for about 14 or so hours and it lasts with a blot and powder touch up. No shininess with that method, but I don't think it will last in the humid summers here. I feel this is a winter only product for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I bought this hoping it would be a cheaper alternative to Laura Mercier Tinited Moisturizer but it was not even close. I find the coverage to be extremely sheer definitely less coverage than Laura Mercier and that after it dries like five minutes after applying, the dry spots in my skin started to all show up I think because it has a lot of water in it so it makes my skin look super dry and no coverage, which really sucks. I find that LM will show some dry spots but as it wears on it goes away but with the CG my dryness just looks bad.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by astrid101359

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation a lot. It is advertised as a medium to full coverage intensity but on me it is very sheer. I wear shade "Ivory" and I think it is a good dupe for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in Porcelain ... not just in colour but in coverage. The packaging could be better and the tube does tend to leak into the cap if I don't store it upside down (it's meant to stand on it's cover) but that is not a big deal considering the price for what I find to be a quality product. PPP/Cool-toned, NW15. Will repurchase but I see this lasting a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2009 10:09:00 PM More reviews by kcornach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

BOTTOM LINE: Have been using this product for last 7 years to cover acne and acne scars. Changed to diff. make up today and realized (finally!) that not all liquid make ups are created equal!
PROS:
- Cheap (around $5) and widely available (drugstores, etc.)
- Water-based formula. Really doesn't clog pores. Doesn't accentuate flaky skin. Non-irritating.
CONS:
- If used as a concealer or for acne/acne scars this product's coverage is too light. You can dab it and layer it but ultimately it only covers about 80% of the blemish you are trying to conceal.
- In photos this product makes you look like you have white spots on face IF used as concealer, dotted over blemishes/scars. The white dots are the make up reflecting back due to the flash. (Even if you get a darker shade, it still is visible in photos.) Switched to Make Up Forever's HD Concealer and took photo- so far, no white areas visible in photo I took after coming home from store! YAY!! P.S.- It's titanium dioxide that causes this unfortunate phenomenon. It is found in all major concealers and foundations (trust me, I've done hands-on research reading labels in an entire Sephora!) but I guess some products contain more or less than others. Obviously, Cover Girl contains more than the Make Up Forever brand.
- Somewhat thin consistency, causing it to rub off at even a gentle touch. I've gone 7 years fearing someone will touch my face and rub it off or that it will rub off if I lean face on hand, etc. Make Up Forever HD Concealer has more "stick," which is apparent immediately. Feel more confident this one won't budge as much. Very relieving to feel like I can finally relax a little and not stress over such a thing most people take for granted!
CG Smoothers will be good if you don't have much to cover. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2009 11:43:00 PM More reviews by lindam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Am only on my 2nd day of use but so far so good. I purchased after reading the reviews.

I am in my 50s and have had terrible skin since menopause. Just felt that any foundation I put on made it look worse. This has been a pleasant surprise. It doesnt cover everything but does seem to even out my general skin tone and make it a bit glowy. I purchased 730 classic beige and am not sure if it isn't a little too light. I am going to see how it goes and update.

I never thought a ds foundation would feel this good.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2009 4:33:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

UPDATE!!!!!
I bought this at Wal Mart a couple of weeks ago because I loved it so much in the past. Well, it has not failed me! Yes, the coverage is VERY sheer...but I find that when I mix it with my Studio Sculpt Foundation I don't have to use HALF as much as I normally do and it makes it WAYYYY easier to blend! It is a gel...so it's super hard to blend with a brush but when I add this to it, it becomes a dream! I'm an NC20 in Studio Sculpt and Buff Beige is the perrrrrfect match for me! I am paler because it's the winter time and this totally neutralizes my Studio Sculpt making it a tad bit closer to my skin color, and it looks so flawless and pretty. Omg. I love it. I'm so pleased! By itself it offers hardly and coverage though it's semi-buildable, but mixed with MAC it is PERFECTION. I am so glad that I found this...I can now extend the life of my studio sculpt and look more natural!

I wore this two years ago on my boyfriend's 18th birthday. I don't remember what shade it was I'm an NC20 for reference (fair skinned with yellow undertones) and it matched my skin PERFECTLY. It wasn't even mine, it was his aunt's. I just used it because I didn't have anything else. I got so many compliments, someone asked me if I was wearing Bare Minerals because they couldn't even see a line/or tell I was wearing make up.