Cover Girl CG Smoothers All Day Hydrating Makeup

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Talc, Sodium Chloride, Dimethicone Copolyol, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth 7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

on 5/19/2010 11:29:00 PM

I keep coming back to this one! I have tried an insane amount of foundations. I am pickey...I like sheer to buildable coverage, I want it matte but not too matte, I hate having to blend etc etc. Add to that, I am super pale (almost NW 15 but paler), and practically EVERYTHING oxidizes on me very quickly (Laura Mercia and Pur Minerals being the only other ones I have found that don;t thus far). This foundation meets all my requirements. I always stray thinking I have found something new and awesome, but I always end up returning it and using my cover girl. I took off one lippie because it does have a tendency to fade. Esp. around my nose. But still...can't be the price and the quality is excellent.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I recently purchased the older version of this (well, the older packaging rather) for about $1.00- I thought I had nothing to lose, and the color I chose seemed spot on. After purchasing this, I decided to check reviews to see how other where using this, and saw that many found it sheer. I'm not sure if its the new formula, but mine has really decent coverage- not the heaviest, not the lightest. This is a great foundation for those laid back days, or you can even mix this with another foundation lightly for a more decreased coverage (sometimes I squeeze a tiny bit if this into my Revlon Colorstay or MAC studiofix to tone down the heaviness of those two) .....I'm so happy I stumbled upon this, and wil go back to pick more up. When it comes to foundations, Cover Girl has never seemed to have the proper color (most seem to pull pink, even slightly grey) but the color I chose (Classic Ivory) is perfect for my NC20-25 skintone with slight yellow undertones- its just lovely :)

on 4/23/2010 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

it doesn't stay too long on me and it broke me out :(

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: easy application tip, nice shade
Cons: broke me out, does not control oil, no staying power

I switched from the CG clean makeup to this due to the EWG rating. Waste of my $5, I do no usually break out but this foundation made me breakout in my tzone.

on 3/24/2010 4:44:00 PM

I bought this foundation yesterday & have so far found that I really like it. I do have fairly oily skin. It is true, that it has very sheer coverage, but for a 13 year old girl with only a few blemishes I am quite pleased. I bought it for about 11 dollars at Shopper's Drug Mart in Buff Beige. I'd say it matches my skin tone very nicely. There were only 2 parts of this product that I didn't find amazing. The shade gives me sort of a blue look? It's not noticeable to anyone but myself, but it it very, very sheer. The other thing was that I wish it came in a slightly larger tube, but for the price I'd say it is a very good product to try out.

I have oily skin. I have used this product for more than 6 months now. Since I bought this product, I'm likely to finish using this foundation before purchasing a new one. I'm just starting to discover about foundation. This product doesn't give you much coverage and is a really cheap quality. I'm not a fan of cover girl makeup..of course the one exception is the covergirl mascara. I will not be re-purchasing this product.

on 2/3/2010 11:08:00 PM

I looked at a few reviews first before purchasing this product at my drugstore. I was a little 50/50 about it since people mentioned that the coverage is very light. It is very light but it hydrates my dry skin pretty well. I liked how it did that. If the coverage was slightly better i would like it more. Overall its not a bad product, might be a little smelly to a sensitive nose though

on 1/18/2010 10:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I had high hopes for this, esp when I realized that they had such light colors. BUT when I apply this it seems to accentuate every imperfection (dryness, fine lines - and I'm only 24 so I don't have many lines). I'll probably keep trying to make this work but I am disappointed
Update: Just realized why this looks so icky on me. It has shimmer in it.

on 1/9/2010 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got one in 755 (soft honey) because I'm a fair skin Asian. This shade has a bit of yellow undertone and it really blends in with my natural color. I have a sensitive skin which can get oily and dry at the same time...but this product has served me well. It has medium coverage...but the finish is not cakey at all. It feels light and great. I'm very happy with this product and I got it at CVS when it was only $5!

This is a good sheer foundation. It's better than average, but not HG material. Would be perfect if it gave more coverage. I can only use this on days when my skin is clear. It evens out skintone, but does not cover any red marks. This is more like a tinted moisturizer. It's good though,and very moisturizing, which I like. I would repurchase because it's so cheap.