Bourjois Coup de Theatre 2 in 1 False Lash Illusion

3.2

on 7/6/2005 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First time I had tried this brand before and I always get suckered in to those nicely photoshopped images of perfectly long lashes. This unfortunately didn't impress much, I have tried different brands before which use a primer and although I like the idea of the double ended wand this mascara didn't perform upto par very well.

on 6/19/2005 9:14:00 PM

I bought this on a recommendation from a friend long before revlon and l'oreal started offering their own versions. i think it's great... adds a significant amount of length to lashes but the mascara is not very thick so if you're looking for volume, this is probably not the answer. i use it with black liquid liner for a dramatic effect.

on 5/17/2005 11:29:00 PM

I love this mascara. My lashes are so much longer now. Would repurchase.

on 5/17/2005 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The "False Lash Illusion" didn't appear for me...but then again, I'm a little crazy. It was hard to get the white fibers to stick to my lashes, and I couldn't manage to get all the white covered in color... It's an okay mascara, but I don't have the patience for such frustrations anymore.

on 5/6/2005 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this mascara. I use A LOT of the primer... I watch as the little fibers attach to the end of my lashes and make them longer & longer.
The actual mascara itself does little to thicken or lengthen.. that's the primer's job.. and that's why I use a lot of it. The mascara is pretty much just for definition and colour.
I can see why someone who needs thickening as well as length might not like this. I, however, have quite thick lashes, so it works just fine for me. continued >>

on 4/28/2005 5:49:00 PM

I first bought this mascara in black about 3,4 years ago when it first came out. I really loved it then, thought it lengthened my lashes so much. So a few months ago I repurchased it in brown as I threw the old one out a while ago, still living in its happy memories. To my horror, I tried it on, and it did not lengthen my lashes, and also weighed them down, making my lashes lose its curl. Now I really don't know what this product is good for...

on 4/27/2005 4:16:00 AM

this mascara sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it is awful!!it is the worst mascara which I used so far,I am ready to dump it!

on 4/18/2005 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First, the good things about this mascar: it doesn't clump or irritate my very sensitive, contact-wearing eyes. Unfortunately those things are overshadowed by the fact that it flakes slightly and didn't really do much lengthening, if any. My lashes looked a bit more defined and darker, but not any longer. My search for a great lengthening mascara continues!

meh...i think im going to return this mascara...its really not that great..it doesnt do anything for thickening or volume (not that it is supposed to but sometimes a lengthening mascara does both depending on how good it is)...and the lengthening quality is pretty mediocre...oh, and it fails my ultra black test horribly..its more greyish then black...a definite no no for me...i think im going to try their pump up the volume mascara or maybe volume glamour....if i dont like the next one i purchase, i give up on this brand.

on 4/7/2005 10:26:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product and have been using it for about a year. It makes my lashes super long and doesnt cause clumps. I just wish it had more thickening power... As a side note I have fairly long and natuarlly curly lashes, my friend who has really thin and straight lashes hated this mascara, so maybe it is only good on people who already have some length or thickness.

Popular Mascaras