November 27, 2014 | 1419 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Blackest Black

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/19/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by marciap81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I know this mascara has been on the market for years (possibly decades) but I hate this mascara. It's terrible. It's clumpy and I don't see why this is one of their most popular mascaras. I don't get it but it's awful and I will never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2011 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

I like this product and it's become my regular mascara. It gets the job done and it doesn't break the bank either.

Doesn't clump too easily. Bit of a nightmare to take off at the end of the day though.

However, like I said, it does a good job at volumising my lashes. Lengthening and curling...not so much. So I definately recommend using an eyelash curler beforehand. Cute packaging too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by noname101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Underrated.

here is what I like about this:

1) the color is really black, which is good for
2) tightlining. this is the only mascara brush I have tried that does SUCH a great job tight lining that I love owning it.

Try another more separating mascara after a small coat. Its a great product for that reason.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:08:00 PM More reviews by AMakeupAddict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

There are both pros and cons to this mascara, however, I have to say that the cons outweigh the pros. The only things I liked about this mascara were that the brush allowed me to coat all of my lashes and that the color was very, very black. Unfortunately, if multiple coats are applied in attempt to darken and add volume to the lashes, this mascara clumps them very badly. Also, it does not hold a curl. I will highly recommend Maybelline's Great Lash Waterproof formula in Very Black as an alternative because it had all of this one's pros as well as no clumping and held a curl all day long. That one is truly fantastic and gives you the perfect amount of volume and length. In the case of the Great Lash Blackest Black, I'd have to give it a thumbs down! I would not buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2011 8:30:00 AM More reviews by anya27

I really love this mascara! I have just reacently bought it, hadnt tried it for years, but its fab! I havnt tried a mascara yet that makes my lashes as long as this one does and its definately becos of the little brush. If I am putting it on say my right eye lashes, I look to my left and turn into the mirror and this really works! My eyelashes get well coated with no clumping and for some reason look really long? I also curl my lashes before hand. I have been using L'Oreals Millionize mascara which is great but clumps if u dont wipe off the brush which I dont get when they say it has a wiper in the bottle?

Anyway, for the money, this is a great mascara, I havent had any problems with raccoon eyes or wotever either, its perfect with eyeshadows and eyeliner etc.

The bottle is really retro looking too, its cute!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by xoxoROLOxoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. The little brush allows me to get even the shortest of lashes. It is indeed blackest black and is perfect with a black liner cat eyed look. But the only problem I have with this mascara is that after a while it builds up at the top of the bottle making the wand hard to get out and when it does all the product is gone off the brush... If Maybelline fixed that it would be perfect

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by cocosea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am so bittersweet about this mascara. I do have the waterproof formula so maybe that's the reason but here are my main points:
PROS:
Excellent coverage, I can get all my lashes with 2 coats.
The color is indeed BLACKEST BLACK!
The price is VERY affordable, and often comes in a 2 pack at my WalMart
CONS:
This mascara gives me raccoon eyes after about 2 hours wear.
Doesn't give my lashes a thick volume.

Hope this helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2011 7:19:00 PM More reviews by decemberbaby03

The only mascara I use. I've tried other brands but this is the one I always come back to. I have short, sparse lashes so the small brush is perfect. A lot of the brushes out there now have ridiculously oversized brushes that just make a huge mess. I've never had problems with flaking or tarantula-eyes. Distributes just enough mascara to my lashes. I'll never stray away from this classic again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:10:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW, this really sucks. I tried this yesterday because I got it as a gift. The brush is awful and so small, gives no volume, nothing. Awful, it just dyed my eyelashes black, that's all it did. The biggest problem for me is that SMUDGES like no other mascara I've ever tried. I would never buy this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Rea24

Guys, I absolutely love this mascara, especially because its got this small cute brush that covers every corner of my eye. My lashes are tiny and not much, but this mascara really makes them look full and long. I love this product. just fabulous!