Maybelline Shine Free Pressed Powder

3.6

Talc, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Kaolin, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Silica Silylate, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491), Ultramarines (CI 77007)

Yes, I would buy this again. I have used this powder as a base for eyeshadow over foundation or primer to even out skin tone.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

MY HG pressed powder. LOVE IT. It keeps me oil free for a few hours each time I dust it on and NO breakouts or clogged pores. LOVE this stuff!!
UPDATE: I still like this, but I must say, it has taken a back seat to MAC Blot powder.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This stuff is good. Its a drugstore product that does what it says it will. It gets rid of shine and i think its a great setting powder. The only problem i have with this is its so fragile and one corner cracked. Now if i put it in a make up bag powder gets everywhere. I might buy it again but i think im going to try Napoleon. But if that dosen't work ill be sure to get another one of these.

My usually shiny face looks pretty good for an hour or two after using this product. But I need to reapply it during the day when the shininess comes back. Don't use the cheap powder puff that comes with it though, it's crap. Instead use a fluffy blush brush. And buy a shade that is one or two shades darker than your skin tone or you're going to look pale.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ah, good old Shine Free. I remember when this came out years ago, I was probably in 7th or 8th grade. It came in a lavendar blush-size package, way smaller than the one today. It has been an on and off staple in my makeup bag over the years. It is a pretty decent powder, one of the few drug store yellow based powders that doesn't change color. It does control oil really well, but it is not as finely milled as other powders out there so if you don't apply it carefully it will look chalky. But if done right, it gives a good finish, requires minimal touch ups, and doesn't change color. The packaging isn't that great, but for what you pay for the product, you really can't complaint. Great buy on a budget or in a pinch, would recommend it. L'Oreal makes some great powders and I've been using those, however this is a good standby if you're in a pinch!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

For the price this pressed powder is a GREAT find!! I have tried many powders in d/s and dept stores and this pressed powder is as good or better than most. Honestly most powders make my already oily skin oilier but this one DOES NOT!!! I bought it on a whim and I glad I did. For $5 you can't go wrong and it's a rather large size too!

I wanted to give a different powder a try. I've been using cover girl trublend for the longest time and since this stuff costs less and you get a little more i decided to give it a try. Today was the first day using it and I hated it. It didn't cover very well, went on really chalky, and made dry spots on my face even worse. I think I'll go back to TruBlend pressed powder.

This is decent for the price. As with all powders, it looks better when applied with a brush, rather than the sponge applicator it comes with, and this is the downfall of the cheaper powders. My HG is Revlon Age defying which comes with it's own brush making touch ups during the day a breeze.

If I was organized enough to have a good quality brush always in my purse or in a desk drawer at work, I might use Maybelline in summer, but only on it's own, not over foundation. I found that when worn over foundation, it was difficult to reapply during the day if I got oily or sweaty. Then it tended to cake and mix with the foundation, making it impossible to blot and reapply without going grotty.

None the less, this is a good product for someone with oily skin who wants to get rid of the shine without needing to cover up too many blemishes with foundation.

this product "claims" to control oil, but it fails miserably. initially when I first tried it on, it gave a great sheer finish, not cakey or powdery at all. but it does nothing to control oil, i actually think it made my face more oily, what a waste of money. don't even waste your money on this crap

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of the few products out there light enough for my PPP skin and not too pink! Get it if you have PPP skin and a yellow undertone. You'll like it :)