October 1, 2014 | 1599 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2010 3:39:00 PM More reviews by valentis10

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do not like this foundation at all. This is the second MAC foundation I have tried and I think I will stay away from their foundations in future ( although I love their other products). This foundation went really blotchy on me and transfered if I touched my face at all during the day. I have fairly dry skin. I even bought the MAC pressed powder, as I thought it might help it to stay on better... no! At the end of the day my face felt dirty and I was glad to remove it! I have also started to get quite a few spots... not sure if the foundation is to blame, but I wouldn't be surprised! A definite no for me on this one!! Think I'll try Estee Lauder Double Wear or Double Wear Light.... hopefully I'll have more luck with that!!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by ilovealal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found that this foundation was very very difficult to use! first off no pump and I wasnt willing to buy a separate one! Secondly it was just very difficult to blend.
When I first bought it it looked like it was near enough my skin tone - i bought NC37 I knew the NC 35 was too dark for me in the Mineralise foundation of MAC's and NC30 was too light so went for Select foundation instead. However when I got home I realised it makes me appear darker but not in a really bad way kinda like bronzed and I look like ive had a nice tan but the truth is i'dd really just like a foundation that matchs my yellowy skin!! I really thought MAC was my best bet for that problem finding yellow based fdtn.. I have combination skin but i found this made my dry areas of my face show through even after tons of moisturiser and it didnt work well with a primer but thats probly coz it was silica based andd Select fdtn is water based but who knows. I will try macs other foundations maybe one more time but the next thing im gona look into is BOBBY BROWN's fdtn becuase they are yellow u based.
PS I think thi might be really good for oily skin becuase even though it so watery it dries like in a flash
oh it leaves a kind of semi matte finish but not moisturing at all

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Puschel

Perfect colour match, goes on easily and if used with primer lasts for the day. Also, a little goes a long way

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by pixietrixie

This foundation was a total let down for me. It was very watery, and for the price I expected better coverage than I would get with a drugstore brand. It doesn't last and made my face look oily after a couple of hours. Definitely would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by thenimlike

i was using MAC studio fix then when my skin started improving I wanted to switch to a lighter foundation. I bought MAC select spf 15 which of course broke me out really bad. the light coverage is good and it feels natural but unfortunately caused serious acne. if you have sensitive or acne prone skin, i'd stay away from it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

got this in nc30, but I'm pretty sure I'm an nc35, constantly getting flashback face... not pretty. This foundation at first looked great for the first few hours upon wearing, but for some reason it starts to feel like it goes cakey/oily on my face. now i know it is a water based foundation, so it should prevent oiliness to appear... my face is quite dry too.... not really liking this anymore though im attempting to use it up anyways.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited i was when i first bought this. The colour for my NC15 skin was just perfect. For the first week, i thought ot was ok but created a bit of a problem skin situation. You know how that goes. You buy a good foundation and want to believe it's anything but the product. Nope. It broke me out, so it was back to the drawing board for me and my face.
Two lippies for colour, MAC. Get your finger out and give us out NC15 back! New foundation formulas are far too dark!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupByAndrea

I actually love this foundation! I have acne-prone skin and most foundations don't work well with me. This one covers the redness and doesn't break me out. I'm an NW20 and the color matches almost exactly. Its very easy to blend and doesn't cake up on my face. Only downside is the packaging but you can add a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by debj314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this foundation. It worked better for me than the prowear one. I am NW20 and have really dry skin and this goes on really nice and does a a great job with the coverage. It has some matte quality to it as well as some radiance. Not quite HG b/c it does settle into pore but what foundation doesnt. I havent found any yet but still looking. Oh and the color matches me really well. The prolong wear didnt blend well and you could see the difference in my skin color and foundation.
EDIT:While it gave me great coverage and looked natural made my skin feel tight. It went back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by TGRAM7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is terrible for oily skin, even though the MA at MAC told me it is specifically targeted towards oily/combo skin. This foundation made my skin greasy by noon and I looked like an Oompa Loompa by the end of a 8-hr work day! (and yes I have tried a primer underneath) Oh and don't get me started on the acne that would not go away until I stopped using the product. And when I told the MA she just looked at me and said 'I have never heard of that happening to anyone'...sure whatever you say...so I did what any reasonable girl would do. I poured it down the drain and Back-To-MAC'd it! hahahaha