April 17, 2014 | 1823 users online

Liquid - MAC - Select SPF 15 Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2010 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Puschel

Perfect colour match, goes on easily and if used with primer lasts for the day. Also, a little goes a long way

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:38:00 AM More reviews by pixietrixie

This foundation was a total let down for me. It was very watery, and for the price I expected better coverage than I would get with a drugstore brand. It doesn't last and made my face look oily after a couple of hours. Definitely would not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/2/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by thenimlike

i was using MAC studio fix then when my skin started improving I wanted to switch to a lighter foundation. I bought MAC select spf 15 which of course broke me out really bad. the light coverage is good and it feels natural but unfortunately caused serious acne. if you have sensitive or acne prone skin, i'd stay away from it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2010 7:55:00 AM More reviews by annielu1810

got this in nc30, but I'm pretty sure I'm an nc35, constantly getting flashback face... not pretty. This foundation at first looked great for the first few hours upon wearing, but for some reason it starts to feel like it goes cakey/oily on my face. now i know it is a water based foundation, so it should prevent oiliness to appear... my face is quite dry too.... not really liking this anymore though im attempting to use it up anyways.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by DazyDoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was so excited i was when i first bought this. The colour for my NC15 skin was just perfect. For the first week, i thought ot was ok but created a bit of a problem skin situation. You know how that goes. You buy a good foundation and want to believe it's anything but the product. Nope. It broke me out, so it was back to the drawing board for me and my face.
Two lippies for colour, MAC. Get your finger out and give us out NC15 back! New foundation formulas are far too dark!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by MakeupByAndrea

I actually love this foundation! I have acne-prone skin and most foundations don't work well with me. This one covers the redness and doesn't break me out. I'm an NW20 and the color matches almost exactly. Its very easy to blend and doesn't cake up on my face. Only downside is the packaging but you can add a pump.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 12:05:00 AM More reviews by debj314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I actually like this foundation. It worked better for me than the prowear one. I am NW20 and have really dry skin and this goes on really nice and does a a great job with the coverage. It has some matte quality to it as well as some radiance. Not quite HG b/c it does settle into pore but what foundation doesnt. I havent found any yet but still looking. Oh and the color matches me really well. The prolong wear didnt blend well and you could see the difference in my skin color and foundation.
EDIT:While it gave me great coverage and looked natural made my skin feel tight. It went back to the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/27/2010 2:29:00 PM More reviews by TGRAM7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is terrible for oily skin, even though the MA at MAC told me it is specifically targeted towards oily/combo skin. This foundation made my skin greasy by noon and I looked like an Oompa Loompa by the end of a 8-hr work day! (and yes I have tried a primer underneath) Oh and don't get me started on the acne that would not go away until I stopped using the product. And when I told the MA she just looked at me and said 'I have never heard of that happening to anyone'...sure whatever you say...so I did what any reasonable girl would do. I poured it down the drain and Back-To-MAC'd it! hahahaha

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 7:46:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have this in NC30, which isn't an exact match for my skin because I received it in a gift basket as part of a door prize. I have really good skin and I don't usually wear any product on it (except a light powder bronzer), but this is very nice for under my eyes and if I have a red spot here or there. Because the color doesn't match my tanned skin, I don't use it all over, not that I need to anyways.

I do really like it though, and I find that it gives good undereye coverage that is both natural looking and non-drying. Aka it doesn't look like I have coverup caked on under my eyes. The formula doesn't cake in the creases around my eyes, and it lasts until I take it off at night with makeup remover. I find that I can make it either dewy or matte in appearance, by applying it with either a wet or dry latex sponge wedge. It also goes on nicely if I apply eye cream first, and then apply this over top. Since it's a very yellow toned foundation, it combats my purple undereye circles nicely when needed.

Overall, a nice product, and I like that it has SPF15 because I use it around my eyes. However, if I was using it allover my face, I would probably avoid a product that contains any SPF because I tan (and also the issue of the classic white face in flash photography). This product gives great coverage (I've used it many times to spot cover a zit or red spot) and it does a great job at hiding any dark circles under my eyes. You can layer it too for better coverage, or wear only a little bit for sheer coverage. I like that you can layer it, because some days when I haven't slept well and have extra dark circles, I can just add a little more product and it takes care of it for me. I like that, because I don't have to spend extra money or time on a seperate under eye concealor product, I can just use this and be done in a matter of seconds. I probably won't repurchase any time soon just because I use so little that I've had a full bottle of this for almost a year now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by Phanatical28

I generally like this foundation. I have very clear skin without almost any redness, so I love sheer, lightweight foundations. This is definitely it! It covered what I needed but still looked natural, never cake-faced. I'm NC20 and it matched 110% perfectly. It also lasted me a long time because I never had to use more than half a pump, so I would say it was definitely worth the price. I got a bit oily later in the day, but I used some blot powder & it looked fresh and perfect again.

That said, it doesn't come with a pump, so if you want to avoid messy spills or wasting product, you have to buy one (but if I recall correctly, they're pretty cheap). Also, I dislike the glass bottle. It's pretty, but I travel a lot and always got nervous it will break, so I had to wrap it in a Ziploc bag inside socks and underwear. Another issue with me is the addition of SPF. My moisturizer already has it, and when you take pictures with a flash, the SPF makes the light reflect & your face look a ton lighter than the rest of you, even though it really isn't. This has definitely ruined otherwise great photos, because it made me look like a clown.

I will repurchase this in the future, especially for use at work and other casual events. I own a TEMPTU system which I love dearly, and does not make my face too light in photos, so I will alternate between the two. Overall, a good buy!