MAC Select SPF 15 Foundation

3.1

Active Ingredient:Octyl Methoxycinnamate Water (Aqua Purificata) Purified, Dimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polydecene, Glyceryl Dilaurate, Tea-Isostearate, Tea-Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Kaolin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Pantethine, Xanthan Gum, Cellulose Gum, Steareth-21, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Steareth-2, Perfluoropolymethylisopropyl Ether, Stearyl Alcohol, BHT, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben may contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens

on 11/23/2010 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very mixed reviews on here, but I really like it! I've been wearing it for about a week now, I got it in a swap and it seems to be working well. I hardly ever break out unless I try a new product, and it's very minimal. I started to get a zit from this...but it went away quickly. My skin just has to ajust. I have normal to dry skin, I sometimes see a few flakes with this, but I just put on a drop of moisterizer before and I'm good. I can see how this may not work for those with oily skin. It has light to medium coverage, and that is what I was after. I would buy again if I were to run out.

on 11/12/2010 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I like this foundation. It has decent coverage and a nice finish. I don't have sensitive or oily skin and I'm not prone to breakouts so there's nothing to comment about that. I like how there is an SPF and my odd scent sense I find it smells like gingerbread before it is baked-odd I know, but you'll get used to it :D

on 11/12/2010 3:39:00 PM

I do not like this foundation at all. This is the second MAC foundation I have tried and I think I will stay away from their foundations in future ( although I love their other products). This foundation went really blotchy on me and transfered if I touched my face at all during the day. I have fairly dry skin. I even bought the MAC pressed powder, as I thought it might help it to stay on better... no! At the end of the day my face felt dirty and I was glad to remove it! I have also started to get quite a few spots... not sure if the foundation is to blame, but I wouldn't be surprised! A definite no for me on this one!! Think I'll try Estee Lauder Double Wear or Double Wear Light.... hopefully I'll have more luck with that!!

on 11/12/2010 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I found that this foundation was very very difficult to use! first off no pump and I wasnt willing to buy a separate one! Secondly it was just very difficult to blend.
When I first bought it it looked like it was near enough my skin tone - i bought NC37 I knew the NC 35 was too dark for me in the Mineralise foundation of MAC's and NC30 was too light so went for Select foundation instead. However when I got home I realised it makes me appear darker but not in a really bad way kinda like bronzed and I look like ive had a nice tan but the truth is i'dd really just like a foundation that matchs my yellowy skin!! I really thought MAC was my best bet for that problem finding yellow based fdtn.. I have combination skin but i found this made my dry areas of my face show through even after tons of moisturiser and it didnt work well with a primer but thats probly coz it was silica based andd Select fdtn is water based but who knows. I will try macs other foundations maybe one more time but the next thing im gona look into is BOBBY BROWN's fdtn becuase they are yellow u based.
PS I think thi might be really good for oily skin becuase even though it so watery it dries like in a flash
oh it leaves a kind of semi matte finish but not moisturing at all

on 11/11/2010 10:36:00 AM

Perfect colour match, goes on easily and if used with primer lasts for the day. Also, a little goes a long way

on 11/8/2010 10:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This foundation was a total let down for me. It was very watery, and for the price I expected better coverage than I would get with a drugstore brand. It doesn't last and made my face look oily after a couple of hours. Definitely would not buy again.

on 11/2/2010 7:45:00 PM

i was using MAC studio fix then when my skin started improving I wanted to switch to a lighter foundation. I bought MAC select spf 15 which of course broke me out really bad. the light coverage is good and it feels natural but unfortunately caused serious acne. if you have sensitive or acne prone skin, i'd stay away from it!

on 10/19/2010 7:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

got this in nc30, but I'm pretty sure I'm an nc35, constantly getting flashback face... not pretty. This foundation at first looked great for the first few hours upon wearing, but for some reason it starts to feel like it goes cakey/oily on my face. now i know it is a water based foundation, so it should prevent oiliness to appear... my face is quite dry too.... not really liking this anymore though im attempting to use it up anyways.

on 10/17/2010 11:39:00 AM

I was so excited i was when i first bought this. The colour for my NC15 skin was just perfect. For the first week, i thought ot was ok but created a bit of a problem skin situation. You know how that goes. You buy a good foundation and want to believe it's anything but the product. Nope. It broke me out, so it was back to the drawing board for me and my face.
Two lippies for colour, MAC. Get your finger out and give us out NC15 back! New foundation formulas are far too dark!

I actually love this foundation! I have acne-prone skin and most foundations don't work well with me. This one covers the redness and doesn't break me out. I'm an NW20 and the color matches almost exactly. Its very easy to blend and doesn't cake up on my face. Only downside is the packaging but you can add a pump.