Kevyn Aucoin The Sensual Skin Enhancer

4.1

Mineral oil, polybutene, diethylhexl succinnate, polyethylene, quaternium, dextrin palmitate, honey, simmondsia chinesis (jojoba) seed oil, tocopherol, beeswax, butylene glycol, cholestebedrol, lecithin, talc, triethyhexanoin, methylparaben, fragrance. May contain: iron oxides, mica, titanium dioxide.

on 1/16/2010 6:38:00 PM

I always end up going back using this product. love it.

on 1/7/2010 8:26:00 PM

Dermablend in a designer dress (i love me some dermablend)

This stuff hangs in there when nothing else will and without discernable degradation.

that KA is gone is just wrong

on 12/29/2009 12:21:00 AM

Very pigmented and creamy. SX05 matches fair Asian skin well. As a concealer: good but settle into fine lines under the eyes. As a foundation: need to mix it with a moisturizer. There is no way someone can wear this alone, unless they need really, really super full coverage (like stage makeup). It will probably take a lifetime to finish this tiny pot.

on 11/8/2009 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love the coverage and versatility of this but its too emollient for me. I am super oily.

on 11/4/2009 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

So this is really expensive, but after hearing such good things about it, I bought it during the Sephora FF sale. The good news is that the SX-02 is an exact match for my skin (I'm slightly lighter than an NW15). The bad news is that this is extremely pigmented. That seems to be what everyone liked about it, but to me, it looked masklike. And even though I used a tiny, tiny amount because a little really does go a long way- it still looked like a mask. Also, it emphasized any hint of dry skin. Maybe not such a good pick for the winter. It didn't cover any acne marks very well, either; it just blurred them.
However- as an undereye concealer, this is the best one I have ever found. It is AMAZING. Probably nothing will ever completely cover my dark circles, but this comes really close. I would never buy it again because it will probably last forever.

on 11/2/2009 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

this is the best concealer out there. i am a concealer junkie and i was always looking for the next best concealer until i came across this 6 months ago. I have no need to even try another concealer. this is an amazing product. it gives flawless coverage and all you need is a small dab and it blends will but i use it with a foundation brush becaue it is thick but the good thing is it does not crease. the only other concealer that i was this please with is clea pu but this is better and cheaper.

on 11/1/2009 8:20:00 PM

Initially, when I saw the amount I felt sick. "I spent $45.00 on how much product?" And then, I tried it. The amount I used the first time literally covered my entire face and then some; oooooops. Next time, I used pin point amounts around the eyes, redness to cheeks and visible pores. After a few days of practice, this became one of my favorite products. I have found that I can blend it easily with my fingertips or a concealer brush. In addition, for use as a foundation I found that a plain old tap H20 mix works for me. I place a few pin point amounts on my face and run my hands under water; blend until flawless. Lotions/moisturizers work too yet my skin tends to be on the oily side. I purchased SX #02; I typically wear neutral Ivory colors; I have strong pink undertones and attempt to diminish this. In MAC, I use NC 20 or 25. I have just ordered # 5 as it appears to be more neutral vs. pink. I can honestly say, 1 pot will probably last @ least a year. I will buy this as long as it is available:)

on 10/29/2009 7:25:00 AM

This is one of my HG's (along with MUFE F&B). This product is so versatile and so creamy and I can't stress enough how great it is.

As a concealer:

Great of under-eye circles
HG for red marks
Really good for the nose and mouth area

As a foundation:

First things first, you can use this by itself, however it is very dense and might look cakey if you are not well moisturized. I take the back of a blank CD and take about a grain and a half of rice worth of this foundation. I then mix it with Bobbi Brown Oil-Control Lotion (which isn't great for oil-control but is good for making a foundation more sheer). I would say it is a 4:1 lotion to foundation ratio. I have applied with my fingers, a wedge, a foundation brush, and a beauty blender, and each time it looks great. It looks just like skin with a natural matte to it and just a hint of youthful dewiness.

Colors:

I use SX05 which is a beigy-yellow tone which matches with my skin just about dead-on. (NC 25-30/ Bobbi in beige for reference) I know from experience that SX04 is very very yelllow, and that SX07 is appropriate for most light skin tones.

Wearing/Staying:

Stays all day long, rarely do I have to touch-up. Still looks natural after six hours.

All in all: get this now!

on 10/19/2009 6:20:00 PM

This really does enhance my skin. Gives a very good coverage as a foundation as it evens out my skintone and disguises blemishes. I also use this more in line of concealer sometimes and concentrate on my dark circles and around my nose and etc.

I found this product hard to work with at first, it felt cakey and tended to accentuate my pores, I think I was using wrong application and also using too much product. Additionally not being used to having to use a primer I didn't really see how essential primer was.

I bought this with the primer but it was quite expensive and a tiny quantity, so now i'm using Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch and it works just as well IMO.

I do one section of my face at a time to make sure that the primer is still a bit slippery and hasn't settled completely. This works better for me YMMV. I apply a tiny amount either with my fingers or a brush, work that into all the areas that it needs to go and then finish by using a brush (or damp sponge) to buff this in. In this way it really does look natural (but so much better!)

on 10/19/2009 5:19:00 PM

This is fabulous. With a damp sponge I can use this by itself and it gives full coverage while looking like skin. A tiny amount goes very far as this is highly pigmented and blends like a dream. Before actually experiencing it I couldn't have imagined how unique this product really is.
I tried mixing it with my moisturizer and was amazed at how little was needed to create a tinted moisturizer (of course you could add more to make a higher coverage product). The SA also suggested adding it to my regular foundation to up the coverage but I have yet to try that.
So far I am really loving this on its own, full strength. It takes a little more time/effort to blend but the results are SO worth it.
When I asked my boyfriend what he thought he said it literally didn't look like I had makeup on my skin. It isn't a "natural" look, however, meaning that your skin doesn't really show through. It doesn't look cakey or mask-like either so for those who avoid fuller coverage products for this reason needn't worry. It's like having beautiful smooth satiny airbrushed skin from a magazine. I'm serious.
The blendability and creamy texture of this make it ideal to use on the undereye area and I have been able to forego my other concealer products when I use this. I have normal/combo skin (oily t-zone) w/ some fine lines under my eyes and around my mouth. I use a primer before any foundation to fill in any larger pores and lines.
I imagine the versatility of this product makes it suitable for all skin types as dryer ladies can mix this w/moisturizer.
This is not a matte finish but it isn't dewey either. I would call it satin with a tendency towards dewey if you are oily. I set it with my Smashbox Halo powder for a matter finish.
I haven't had to use it cover any blemishes yet but I will update when my inevitable TOTM pimples require attention. With such intense pigmentation I can't imagine it not covering just about anything...
This product is packaged as a small jar and is less than you would get with standard foundations but I see it taking forever for me to finish this one jar. It's like a highly concentrated foundation and were you to mix it with moisturizer or another foundation you'd likely get twice as much usage from it than a standard-sized foundation.
I am around NC 15, MUFE HD 117, Bobbi Brown Porcelain and got this in SX03 which is a dead on match.
I'll be sure to update as I use this more. I've been using it for a week so far and am in love.
Edit (April 2012): I recently discovered sx02 is perfect for my undereye circles (lighter & more pink) while sx03 is still a good color match for all over use. Sometimes i feel the 03 leans a little too yellow so because I fear looking sallow I add a dab of the 02. Still adore this- especially for heavy coverage or to add to moisturizer when I want a "treatment" + coverage. First pot is still going strong and I scored my 2nd alternative color at 20% off at Dermstore (there was a code) so watch for one of those-maybe get on their mailing list? Not affiliated w/Dermstore btw.

Top Rated Kevyn Aucoin Products