MAC Matte - Wedge

4.5

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl SStearoyl Stearate, Isotearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Gycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titamium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499) Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramearines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI19140)]

on 10/25/2010 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my all-time favorite crease color. When I first walked into Mac looking for a neutral, matte crease color for a bit of "invisible" definition, the MU artist suggested Soft Brown, which I then found to be too warm for me, in the sense that its peachy/orangey tones made my eyes look so tired. Wedge, however, doesn't do that - it's the same medium beige color as Soft Brown, only way cooler, which means it does define, it does stay soft and neutral, but without that sickly orange tinge to it. If anyone else who's pale has had the same issues with orange-oriented eyeshadows, I think you'll find this one to be fail-proof.

on 10/15/2010 8:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this shadow as it is so versatile! I use this as a all over lid colour, for blending and as a base for other colours. It is a very neutral, non offensive colour for a office look or when you dont want a heavy makeup look. I pair this with Embark, Espresso and any other chocolate brown that is available.

on 10/4/2010 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Okay, this is officially my HG for blending in my dark shadows. Dark shadows look good on me but there was always a whitish gap between my brow and my dark shadow. This totally blends in every thing and my eyes look great now with ANY eye shadow. I use soft ochre which could look too white on my NC 35 skin tone but this pops my eyes and shadow beautifully.

on 10/3/2010 1:17:00 PM

I've had this eye shadow no for almost a year. Although I didn't know what to do with it in the beginning I have now come to love it. It's the perfect blending and crease color for neutral looks! I think I have never worn it as a lid color since it's too dark and non-shimmery as a daytime color but too shallow as a nighttime color. But in the crease it's perfect!

on 10/2/2010 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This is my HG subtle crease colour. I love using this with pretty much everything, especially Naked Lunch, Naked pigment, Arena, Dazzlelight, Stila Oasis, etc etc etc. It just is so versatile and goes with so much. The texture is very soft and blendable and has just the right amount of pigment. This was given to me by my sister (it's one of her HG's too!) but when I run out I will purchase another one. Love this!

on 10/1/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this eyeshadow. I'm an NC20 and I can use it as a contour for my face as well as an eyeshadow. The picture does not do it justice the color is very pigmented IRL almost a teddy bear brown. It blends easily and applies smoothly one of MACs better mattes.

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is the colour I go through the most, because I use it on a near daily basis. I'm extremely fair(Ranging between NC 10 - 15) and this works wonderfully as a fairly subtle crease colour. Often I'll sweep Phloof or Vanilla across my lid, and work this into the crease as a simple contoured day look. It also works wonderfully for blending out darker more dramatic looks!

on 9/1/2010 12:41:00 PM

I bought Wedge because I was looking for an easy, all over color for my lids. The MUA suggested this color over Cork and Soba so I took her advice and bought it. I love how simple this color is on me. I can sweep it on my lids with my finger when I'm in a rush and I'm good to go. It's the perfect neutral brown for me!

on 8/26/2010 2:08:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Good color for neutral looks. It shows up very subtly on my eyelids, and I use it as either an all over lid color or to blend harsh lines. One pan should last me a couple years. For reference, I'm NC30-35.

Wedge is a great neutral for light contouring. To be honest, when I first tried it I was not that impressed as it didn't give a whole lot of color on my NW15 skin. That was until I got out in natural light. It's a VERY subtle but beautiful crease contour. Great to use with Twinks or Brown Down. I'm a big fan now!

Video Reviews & Tutorials