April 17, 2014 | 1133 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good color for neutral looks. It shows up very subtly on my eyelids, and I use it as either an all over lid color or to blend harsh lines. One pan should last me a couple years. For reference, I'm NC30-35.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by poohbearwhitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wedge is a great neutral for light contouring. To be honest, when I first tried it I was not that impressed as it didn't give a whole lot of color on my NW15 skin. That was until I got out in natural light. It's a VERY subtle but beautiful crease contour. Great to use with Twinks or Brown Down. I'm a big fan now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I'm on the fence about whether or not I would repurchase, simply because I've got other, almost identical shades, but that's the only reason.

When I first got Wedge, I was rather disappointed. I'd seen people on YouTube using it and raving about it to the point where it sounded like I "had" to have it. So I was expecting "great things" and "great things" isn't exactly what it delivers. But then I started to realize its strength as a "blending out" colour (a concept that was very new to me til about 2 years ago) and now, I do quite like it for that and also as a very subtle contour for the crease on days when I want a very natural look. So it is VERY good for that - for creating a very slight, natural looking shadow in the crease and also as a lid colour that is very laid back and natural looking. However, I've found that for my colouring, Omega is a somewhat better choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I was disappointed in this one. I love matte eyeshadows from Mac but so far the only ones I've owned have been the Matte squared. This was the first Matte shadow that I received in a swap and I'm highly disappointed with it. The texture and color payoff is awful! It is very chalky. I don't know if I got a bad shadow or that is just how the first Matte formulas are made, but it was not nice to work with. The color itself is a plain, neutral brown that would be great for an everyday shadow if not for the terrible chalky texture. I quickly swapped this one away.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by arcybarrios

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mainly use it for contouring and I love the effect it gives on my face. I have also used it as an eyeshadow for the natural looking days and looks lovely. A must have in my make-up kit!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by rosa38

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first used this color when I received it as a gift from a family member about twenty years ago, and have used it ever since. It remains my go-to crease color for my neutral eye looks. A staple for every eye shadow collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2010 1:38:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love using this in the crease for a pin-up look or my everyday neutral eye. I also really like soft brown but that's more orange. A lot of people say wedge or cork will do the thrick, i prefer wedge anytime! just a very pretty matte neutral brown! also works as a browcolour for me

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by laqueron1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I do have a dark eye lid (MAC NC42/43). I usually use MAC's Groundwork Paint Pot for it and if I want to keep my lid color for the day and just use black eyeliner on the lash lines, I seal in groundwork with Wedge eyeshadow. Makes a great "I'm not thinking about how I look so quit staring at me" look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 10:13:00 AM More reviews by harrup

Not sure whether this product came from a bad production batch - same as with MAC's "Cork" - or what....but this shadow is utterly horrid. For a MAC shadow anyhow. Extremely poor pigment level, relatively loosely pressed ( meaning there is fallout galore when tapping/swirling a brush in it).

As to the colour: it's beyond boring and dull. I'm all for "my eyes but better" subtlety, but this is just a superfluous, drab colour. It doesn't show up at all - except as a layer of powder - and I'm reasonably fair.

And if that wasn't enough - unlike MAC's usual velvety smooth shadows, this shadow really isn't like that. Not exactly gritty in feel, but it feels MUCH harsher than most of my other MAC eye products. It drags on the delicate eye skin, regardless of what brush I use.

I'm struggling to imagine who would need this colour and for what purpose. Unless they simply wanted to powder their eyelids with a light tan powder. In which case there are MUCH cheaper and MUCH better options than this item.

URGH. Be sure to test before you buy....and keep the receipt!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2010 5:15:00 PM More reviews by laurakeen

Where would I be without this eyeshadow?! This was one of the first mac eyeshadows I got (I got four to fill a small palette). The advisor recommended this to me as a good 'blending out' colour. I was a little disappointed to begin with as it was the first time I had ventured into mac and had expected to come out with 'wow' colours. However, I only realised how great this shadow is when I started to use it to blend the crease into the highlight-it is the perfect transition colour. I highly recommend this, it won't rock your world but it is indispensible!