December 22, 2014 | 1184 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte - Wedge

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2010 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Kathy123

Okay, this is officially my HG for blending in my dark shadows. Dark shadows look good on me but there was always a whitish gap between my brow and my dark shadow. This totally blends in every thing and my eyes look great now with ANY eye shadow. I use soft ochre which could look too white on my NC 35 skin tone but this pops my eyes and shadow beautifully.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Chester99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this eye shadow no for almost a year. Although I didn't know what to do with it in the beginning I have now come to love it. It's the perfect blending and crease color for neutral looks! I think I have never worn it as a lid color since it's too dark and non-shimmery as a daytime color but too shallow as a nighttime color. But in the crease it's perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is my HG subtle crease colour. I love using this with pretty much everything, especially Naked Lunch, Naked pigment, Arena, Dazzlelight, Stila Oasis, etc etc etc. It just is so versatile and goes with so much. The texture is very soft and blendable and has just the right amount of pigment. This was given to me by my sister (it's one of her HG's too!) but when I run out I will purchase another one. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by EternalMAC

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this eyeshadow. I'm an NC20 and I can use it as a contour for my face as well as an eyeshadow. The picture does not do it justice the color is very pigmented IRL almost a teddy bear brown. It blends easily and applies smoothly one of MACs better mattes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by Lilcrystalline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the colour I go through the most, because I use it on a near daily basis. I'm extremely fair(Ranging between NC 10 - 15) and this works wonderfully as a fairly subtle crease colour. Often I'll sweep Phloof or Vanilla across my lid, and work this into the crease as a simple contoured day look. It also works wonderfully for blending out darker more dramatic looks!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 12:41:00 PM More reviews by 4arakim

I bought Wedge because I was looking for an easy, all over color for my lids. The MUA suggested this color over Cork and Soba so I took her advice and bought it. I love how simple this color is on me. I can sweep it on my lids with my finger when I'm in a rush and I'm good to go. It's the perfect neutral brown for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sourie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good color for neutral looks. It shows up very subtly on my eyelids, and I use it as either an all over lid color or to blend harsh lines. One pan should last me a couple years. For reference, I'm NC30-35.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 6:24:00 PM More reviews by poohbearwhitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wedge is a great neutral for light contouring. To be honest, when I first tried it I was not that impressed as it didn't give a whole lot of color on my NW15 skin. That was until I got out in natural light. It's a VERY subtle but beautiful crease contour. Great to use with Twinks or Brown Down. I'm a big fan now!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2010 6:32:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

To be honest, I'm on the fence about whether or not I would repurchase, simply because I've got other, almost identical shades, but that's the only reason.

When I first got Wedge, I was rather disappointed. I'd seen people on YouTube using it and raving about it to the point where it sounded like I "had" to have it. So I was expecting "great things" and "great things" isn't exactly what it delivers. But then I started to realize its strength as a "blending out" colour (a concept that was very new to me til about 2 years ago) and now, I do quite like it for that and also as a very subtle contour for the crease on days when I want a very natural look. So it is VERY good for that - for creating a very slight, natural looking shadow in the crease and also as a lid colour that is very laid back and natural looking. However, I've found that for my colouring, Omega is a somewhat better choice.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 3:54:00 AM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Well I was disappointed in this one. I love matte eyeshadows from Mac but so far the only ones I've owned have been the Matte squared. This was the first Matte shadow that I received in a swap and I'm highly disappointed with it. The texture and color payoff is awful! It is very chalky. I don't know if I got a bad shadow or that is just how the first Matte formulas are made, but it was not nice to work with. The color itself is a plain, neutral brown that would be great for an everyday shadow if not for the terrible chalky texture. I quickly swapped this one away.