September 22, 2014 | 1225 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2005 7:40:00 PM More reviews by glitch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They definitely reformulated this from the first time I tried it (around 4 years ago). The old formula was a lot thicker and had bigger shimmer chunks in it. That was a no no on my face so I swapped it.

Ive been looking in desperation for a highlighter lately, and I came up upon these reviews. I thought I would give it another shot hoping that I could try this again by mixing it with lotion or something instead, since this product worked so well for everyone else..

THen I bought it and I found the product is A LOT thinner than before. No need to even mix with anything to create a subtle glow on my face.
    I hate the pump just because it pumps out such a large amount each time. I only use the highlighter for cheekbones and my eyebrow arch. A lot gets wasted each time unfortunately.
    The staying power is mediocre. WIth or without powdering myself. If there was this in stick form so I could touch up that would be awesome.
    Applying this to other parts of the face tend to make you look very greasy. You have to choose certain areas.
    but the worst part is.. it made me BREAK OUT. I have never ever broken out from any cosmetic before in my life, but this somehow did it. I had little bumps on my cheeks and near my brows the second day I used this stuff. Too bad.
    The scent is very sweet. ALMOST overbearing, but I can stand it.

All in all, there are too many flaws for me to buy this again (Not to mention this product was very expensive for a drugstore prodcut (20.00CND).

I will continue to look for a highlighter (most likely in POWDER form this time..)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2005 11:48:00 AM More reviews by chump1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have this in natural light and it gives me a glowy but not too overdone with shimmer look.. i mix this with my tinted moisturizer and it works great! it makes ur face looks healthy and also you can use this on your collarbone or shoulders too.. great stufff

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2005 3:51:00 PM More reviews by commercesd

This is great stuff, and the natural glow shimmer is just as good as MAC's pearl color base - that is used by a lot of makeup artists (the candle-lit color is a dead-ringer for the MAC pearl). Another similar product is L'Oreal's Glam Tint in Aura. Save yourself some money and get the Revlon Skinlights or L'Oreal Glam Tint! Stila has created a new illuminator that is $32 - and it is very similar to this product. Lorac also has on, in a combo concealor which is good for travel. The Skinlights line has been discontinued, which is a shame. Perhaps if we write to Revlon, they will bring it back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2005 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Chickeys

I have this in Bare Light (I'm LLL, Px Real Cream) and I only use it when I'm going out at night or need to look more spruced-up than usual. I blend it with my HG foundation (Prescriptives Virtual Skin) and my skin looks glowing, healthy and downright radiant. It's perfect for wearing to a club, the light-reflective particles really do their job there! It doesn't break me out, blends fabulously with my foundation and with a little dusting of my HG powder (Jane Oil-Free Pressed), looks flawless all night. A definite keeper for me...but I'm going through it so slowly that I doubt I'd need to buy again! EDIT 5/21/07: I threw my tube away because I'm pretty sure it was expired. And I wasn't reaching for it much anymore, because I prefer a powder highlighter (i.e. BB Rose Shimmerbrick). I think the Skinlights line has been discontinued as well. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2005 11:02:00 PM More reviews by macaroniart1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never finished this product. It would be better suited for your arms or legs. There are many better highlighters out there. this one also gives your face that ghost glow in photos, even when its mixed with foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by jiney17

I have this in "Bare Light", which is that odd peach-colored, faux-flesh color that cosmetics manufacturers think is actually the color of a significant population of the world, but I digress. It'd probably work for most LLLs and MMMs since this is an illuminating lotion and not a foundation (I am a LLL-MMM/AAB by the way). There are also tiny gold sparkles in this that are only visible up-close. A squirt of this mixed with your foundation (be warned: it will lighten the shade somewhat) or daily moisturizer will help subtly spruce up your complexion. The oily should perhaps stay away (or go with the powder version) as this gives a dewy look that may look greasy on some. Personally, I only use it on my cheeks and around my eyes and avoid the T-zone area altogether (I have combination skin). Makes me look bright and healthy, somehow. Feels a little greasy upon first application but doesn't make me oilier than usual. Does not rub off and the color doesn't do strange things after a few hours.

I do despise the packaging (an unholy combination of squeeze tube and pump that is just so unwieldy and messy) with all my soul, but I can deal with it. There's also a fairly strong fragrance that is not entirely unpleasant, but eerily familiar. I've been going slightly batty trying to figure out what it is--I'll update when I figure that out. It's not cheap at almost 12 USD, but you do get scads of product. Overall, this is a rather nice product and I would repurchase.

ETA: I am loving this more and more. I mixed a small drop of this with my regular tinted moisturizer (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer) this morning and voila--instant radiance (blemishes don't disappear, but--distracted by your gorgeous glow--no one will even be looking at them). I put a bit more of this (unmixed) more liberally around eyes and on cheeks for added luminosity. I then blended very small dabs onto cheekbones, chin, just above the brows and below my eyes. Anyone looking at me today wouldn't guess that I've had zero sleep due to a rambunctious new kitten and early-morning construction! continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2005 12:51:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I wish there was a "maybe" category in "would you buy this again". I have this in Natural Light and use just a tad all over my face mixed with foundation. What I don't like is that a little pump pumps out more than enough than I need for my face, so I end up wasting some. I'm not so sure that I would notice the difference if I didn't use it. I have tried using it alone, but there's noticeable sparkles when doing that (on me anyway). So, I think it's pretty harmless, but not sure whether I'll buy again. And since I use so little of it on a daily basis, it seems like this tube will last forever. About $10 at the drugstore. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2005 8:12:00 PM More reviews by shOrtieex34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! I bought this after seeing a friend at school use it & I love it! I definitly reccommend this to anybody.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2005 8:34:00 PM More reviews by aimless07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

love this! i mix it in with my foundation and it gives a natural looking glow without looking overly glittery. i have it in the natural light shade that blends great with my fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2005 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Lauren1983

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this stuff!!! It makes me look tan and glowy :) I mix it with foundation when i'm paler, but when I've got some sun I just wear alone with a bit of bronzing powder. Works great! Can get a little shiny sometimes, but powder helps. I hope they never discontinue this stuff.