April 23, 2014 | 883 users online

Blush - MAC - Harmony

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

This is a matte, warm beige blush. It almost gets the job done: Contours the cheeks and attempts to create that slightly sculpted effect. The only issue is, I can't seem to use it anywhere else but the cheeks, while still looking normal and not some orange-striped freak. Contour colors are supposed to be shadow-like, meaning they ought to mimic the natural shadow cast by the existing contours of the face, and that natural shadow is rarely warm, orangey or rosy; normally it's more ashy and dull. Now, I realize something even remotely greyish could never look right on any skin tone, but if only Harmony were to be just a tad taupier or slightly more muted, I think it would make a much more successful contour color. But being as it is, I think it works better as a bronzer rather than a contour powder. It's a beautiful summer blush, but I wouldn't repurchase for sculpting. "Sculpt" is the one to do that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased after watching some videos on contouring on youtube and reading the reviews on MUA. Many people seemed to recommend this blush as an ideal contouring powder and I love it for that purpose! Perfect matte shade for my fair complexion as it's neither too dark or light, plus not overly pink in undertones. Very pigmented and finely milled which makes it easily to blend and buff into my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 3:41:00 PM More reviews by cserannie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Harmony. I use it as a contour with the blush Dame, also from MAC. I have several blushes but these two seems to be my favorites because they are matte! Nars has lots of shimmer that sometimes I like, sometimes it makes me scream. Now I am more of a girl with glittery eye shadows but subtle blushes. I am a NW 20 and Harmony matches me perfectly, it's not to dark, not too red, just a simple brown that gives me a sculpted look. Definitely my favorite!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:36:00 PM More reviews by 0o0shopaholic0o0

My most used blush.. I use it for contouring everyday!
would definitely re-purchase it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 8:11:00 PM More reviews by linhyyx

A very good contouring blusher. Works on my medium beige skin tone pretty well. I think I am an NC25, actually don't quite me on that because I've never bought a foundation from them, only a concealer. Anyways this really helps to define my cheeks without being muddy. The MA applied it on me at the counter but she did not know how to apply it on. It looked like she was trying to draw a circle on my cheekbones. She applied too much on and didn't blend it out properly. Sometimes I seriously don't know what is wrong with these MAC MAs. Perhaps not experienced enough to be working on different people. Oh well, just go and grab this coz you won't regret it :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:40:00 AM More reviews by mica8999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

NC 30, Warm/yellow tones. Was recommended to me by one of the MA at MAC when I asked for a contour colour. I was using Sincere, but it wasn't dark enough for me. Well, I have to be kind of lighthanded and thouroughly blend it in when I use it for contouring purposes, if not I can see it right there smack on my face (of course it is on my face, haven't gotten around to try to do some contouring work with a blush on my arms yet so as to have an illusion of nice, firm, toned arms). But as a blush, it gives a sharp, defined, contoured look, especially when I use a slanted blush brush and just sweep up straight across the cheekbones. A nice, natural, polished and sculpted look, no additional sculpting colour required. I do use a highligher though (MAC Trace Gold or Dior shimmer powder) since it is a matte finish and I'm 41 (so can't really depend on my natural youthful glow). This one I classify it as one of my neutrals. It does look somewhat boring and muddy and uninspiring in the pan though, but give it a try all the same.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

Love the blush as a contouring powder, perfect!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by princess101

I recently re-discovered this blush and have been using it as a contour during the summer months when I'm tan. It goes on smoothly and blends seamlessly into my skin. It is never streaky and lasts all day. I generally use Emote during the winter/early spring months, when my skin is much lighter, but found that with a tan, Emote is very ashy looking. Harmony is much warmer, and has the same effect that I'm looking for when contouring. Paired with Personal Style beauty powder blush (LE), it creates the perfect, natural-looking sculpted cheek for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2010 11:37:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a superb blush. The color, a beige/tan with a touch of pink, just the faintest touch, is wonderful and an excellent contouring blush for me. I use this as a contour and then I put a touch of Stark Naked Beauty Powder on the apples and I feel very sophisticated and polished!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2010 8:47:00 PM More reviews by M1KEY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

On the search for the PERFECT contour shade for my NW25-30 skin tone !! I first began with wedge eye shadow however that came off too grey and i felt like i had to pack on the color to get even the slightest pay off. i wanted something that was gonna SCULPT my face to the NINES !! This does it and i love it !! took me a little getting use to in terms of how much product to use and how to apply it ! but after a couple days of playing around my face FIERCE and model like haha !! just LOVE ! price? MEHHHH Mac blushes are overpriced in general in my opinion.

Apparently an exact dupe of this product is the L'oreal true match super bendable powder make up in "Cocoa". I have read that it IS THE SAME THING. not too sure since i've never looked! if anyone tries that give me a shout would love to know if it's a DUPE !

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No