September 2, 2014 | 1947 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Cils Booster XL

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2011 8:44:00 PM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee this stuff! I have whimpy short lashes & this really pumps up the volume on my lashes to help my mascara. I use with Black Carat mascara. LOVE!!!! I've tried Dior,Sephora,MAC,CG,Maybelline etc.... Always go back to this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Pretty good product depending on technique. If I lightly brush my eyelashes once, then put mascara on immediately, it does not clump and adds length. I do each eye separately. If not, too much product can be distributed and clumps or it dries and mascara doesn't go as well on top. Despite the finicky details, I have noticed a difference in my eyelashes- they seem to have grown thicker and longer. I haven't seen it advertized as a treatment, but it seems to make a difference. When I finish this, I will likely try Dior's version and compare.UPDATE: I tried Dior's and appreciate this one more. It looks more natural, doesn't ball at the tips or flake and seems to make more of a difference improving the actual lash. I like the fibre brush vs. Dior's plastic nubs, which never work for me. Its hard to justify the price for any primer, but at least my eyelashes seem healthier. I'd repurchase if I had Shoppers points or gift certificates.UPDATE: upgrading to a 5. Now that I've used it for a while and its a bit dryer, its so easy to work with and adds a lot of volume and length without clumps. My lashes underneath look significantly better and healthier. Love this! UPDATE: I've been using this for more than a year now and have seen a noticeable difference in the thickness and length of lashes underneath mascara. I used to have sparse, short ones and now they're actually decent. I'm not sure what's in this product, but it works! It's an excellent primer that allows better wear but easier removal, better look with mascara and improves lash health and growth. Before, I had a hard time justifying, but will happily keep purchasing now that I've seen such results!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by raenamercedi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

While this product did add SLIGHT length to my lashes, it caused major clumping issues. It dries white, and it was hard to ensure that this was completely covered by my mascara. This product also seemed to "weigh down" my lashes, causing holding a curl to be nearly impossible. I could not get this product to work for me, and it eventually went into the garbage in a fit of frustration.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Meh - for me, this performs no better than the drug store primers I have tried over the years (L'Oreal, Maybelline, etc). There is NO way I"d pay the going price (approx $22) for this. Yes, it makes whatever mascara I happen to be using have even more oomph as far as length and volume, but so do the drug store ones I have tried. Also, too much product comes out of the tube each time which is annoying and makes it so that I have to be extra careful to avoid clumps (or wipe off brush w/ tissue = wasting product). All in all, not impressed. If I could, my rating would actually be 2.5.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by thompsof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love, love love this product! Got it as a sample from Sephora and was immediately hooked. Recently bought the full size. Thickens and lengthens like you wouldn't believe and goes well under all of the mascara I've tried. It will separate the lashes well, but it can clump if you use too much product; so wipe off a bit before applying. Also, you want to apply the mascara not too long after you apply this otherwise your lashes will look hard and flake. It's quite expensive but is well worth every penny; it 'll take any mascara that you have to the next level! . I will definitely be repurchasing and would recommend this to everyone!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by iawia

I bought this product because a friend of mine had such great success with it. I have very short eyelashes, absolutely no curl. I was really hopeful when I bought it, especially since the sales girl also raved about it.. I see a tiny bit of difference, but that is immediately after I have used it.. I probably won't purchase it again. It is just an extra step to do when it really doesn't make a huge difference in my eyelash length or thickness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2010 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I was looking for something to replace my Shiseido mascara base and hoped this would do the trick. It did not. It's not bad, just not as impressive as my old Shiseido base or my new Dior lash plumper. I'd recommend checking out Dior's in particular to anyone not quite satisfied with this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 9:58:00 AM More reviews by agibeault

I LOOOOOOOOVE Lancome mascaras....................but the price tag is just too ridiculous. I use mascara and primer every day, and replace every 3 months, so its just not realistic for me to spend $30 bucks a tube on an ongoing basis. That being said, this primer has it all...great formula, great brush, makes any mascara look like falsies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by mcalcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, it's good, but I'm still looking for a mascara primer that gives me more volume. I first used it when I received as a GWP and it was really good. Made my lashes look amazing even with crappy mascara as Maybelline's Great Lash (that's the definition of a good mascara primer!). Now I bought the full-sized product and I'm a little disappointed. While it does enhance your lashes, it isn't the almost-miracle product that I tried. I think I'll keep looking for a mascara base and probably won't buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 3:07:00 PM More reviews by reporter1911

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love. Makes any mascara that much better. A little pricey, but worth it. I use it every time I wear mascara. Highly, highly recommended.