Lancome Cils Booster XL

Aqua/Water/Eau, Oryza Sativa Cera/Rice Bran Wax, Cera Carnauba/Carnauba Wax/Cire De Carnauba, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D'abeille, Stearic Acid, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax/Cire De Candelilla, Triethanolamine, Palmitic Acid, Acacia Senegal/Acacia Senegal Gum, Panthenol, Sodium Polymethacrylate, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Propylparaben, PEG/PPG-17/18 Dimethicone, Methylparaben, Simethicone, Rayon, Polyquaternium-10, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polycaprolactone.

on 7/22/2011 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a white, slightly thick primer that comes in a slender, narrow round tube. The brush is a synthetic fiber "teddy bear" brush, large, and generally easy to work with. The way I use this product is to apply it to my lashes, wait about 20-30 seconds, then go ahead and apply my mascara while it is still slightly tacky. It has caused no irritation to my eyes, and is easily removed with standard eye makeup remover.

The real miracle is that this primer, when used under ANY mascara (and I do mean ANY...even the cheapest drugstore brand), will make that mascara bullet proof for 12 + hours for me. I don't even get that kind of wear with water proof mascara.

If I use this primer, my mascara will not run even after a crazy, sweaty, run-my-butt-off 12 hour shift at work (I'm a nurse). I will not have smears, flakes, or smudges of any kind. No raccoon eyes.

The true testament to the value of this product, however, has been demonstrated this week when we have had temperatures consistently in the 100 degree fahrenheit range this week, and my mascara STILL has not run or smudged. Even with constant wiping of sweat (I have kids who do not understand the concept of not playing outside when the sun is hot enough to bake your brain) off my face and eyes, my mascara miraculously remained intact. The air has been soupy with humidity, too. I am simply amazed.

I love, love, LOVE this stuff. Worth every penny. Run to your nearest Lancome counter and pony up the cash for this little gem. You won't be disappointed.

on 7/8/2011 5:50:00 PM

Oh. My. God.
What a BEAUTIFUL primer.
After reading so many good reviews on MUA, I had to stop by my local Lancome counter to buy it. The ladies were kinda scary but I hustled out of there with my Cils Booster. Here's the overview.

PACKAGING: It comes in a mediocre white and black tube. The wand is triangular and if you look closely, you can see the white fibers on the end of the wand.
FORMULA: Not too dry and not too thick. Goes on smoothly without clumps. The formula is white but dries to a milky clear color. It doesn't affect the color of the mascara used over it.
RESULTS UNDER MASCARA: Holy crap. My mom thought I was wearing falsies with just the Cils Booster and some Maybelline Colossal. Gives gorgeous length and supreme volume. Not only that, but it leaves my eyelashes soft, not brittle like some primers do.
VERDICT: My HG primer. It is a little pricey, but it works wonders and it's good for your lashes too. Since I only wear it for special occasions, my little tube is going to last me a long time. I will repurchase when necessary.

on 6/2/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm on my 2nd tube of this! Absolutly love it. I love my eyelashes to look like a spiders landed on my eyes (wrong i know) but only for a night out. Now using this, at first its just like any other primer. But use another layer and your eyelashes look 5 times thicker! It really makes my eyelashes stand out especially those wispy little ones at the corners of the eye and on the bottom. Definatly reccomend if you like your eyes to look extreme :)

on 6/1/2011 11:06:00 AM

After Shiseido changed the formulation of their popular mascara base, which has been my favorite for years, I went in search for something that would be similar to their original. What I want most from my mascara base is the ability hold my curl, which I painstakingly do every morning for my stick straight Asian lashes - that to me is far more important than length or volume. So based on reviews, I bought this. I wish I'd kept the box.

It certainly helps to lengthen, but the thin, nearly watery, white formula flattens my lashes right out. Its saving grace, however, is that it dries fairly quickly - at least faster than the Shiseido - and is not sticky, so I can curl my lashes again before applying my mascara. I really don't like to curl my lashes after I've applied product, though, so I'm really just clutching at something in order to be able to keep using this stuff.

All in all, I'm not a fan, and I'll go back to Shiseido, even though the quality of the new formula is subpar to the original.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This definitely makes my mascara last longer, I used it on one eye and not the other... The side with this under my mascara definitely looked better for much longer.
I used it under my favourite Chanel Inimitable Waterproof and it definitely boosts the look of the lashes as well.

on 4/26/2011 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

this is a good product. I will probably purchase again because I think it does make my lashes look fuller, especially when I pair it with Lancome Definicils. But there are probalby cheaper clones on the market.

on 4/25/2011 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

What a letdown. After reading all the rave reviews on MUA I thought I'd found the perfect complement to my Hypnose mascara. I'm usually happy to splurge on quality products but this is a real RIP OFF! One coat of this completely flattened my curled lashes. In terms of volumising and lengthening, it was only so-so. Isn't a primer supposed to enhance the appearance of your lashes? This managed to achieve the complete opposite at a hefty $50 SGD. AWFUL.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I had to buy this after hearing the amazing reviews. I bought this off eBay, it was still quite exy. If you are looking for something that makes your lashes smooooooooth then give this a go. I stopped using this because it defeated the purpose of my mascara - I use mascara to create a defined, dramatic look (thickness and length are important). When I applied Cils Booster, it made my lashes smooth but that was about it. It definitely did not allow my mascara to lengthen or volumize my lashes.

- smoothes lashes

- doesn't allow for mascara to lengthen or add volume
- price

on 3/25/2011 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

If this wasn't so expensive, I would definitely keep it around! I have a tube right now and I love it. It makes any mascara look great on top of it. I like to use it for nights out because it really adds length and volume to the lashes. You just apply like regular mascara, goes on white, and after letting it dry for a few seconds, put whatever mascara you like on top. This makes even cheap mascaras like Great Lash look good. Highly recommend this for any mascara junkies out there!

on 3/23/2011 11:21:00 PM

My boyfriend bought me this booster knowing I love Lancome and was looking for something to boost my eyelashes. At first I was amazed, I loved how glamorous it made them look. Added length and volume like it promises to do. HOWEVER, I was told it was supposed to prevent my eyelashes from falling out and it did the opposite. I know quite a few people who actually had their lashes break off with this product as well. I'm really disappointed because of how great it looks on, but I also heard that it just isn't made for some people and others don't really have the same problem. So I guess it's just trial and error. Good luck!