BeneFit Cosmetics Dandelion

4.1

Ingredients: talc, mica, calcium aluminum borosicicate, polyethylene, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), magnesium myristate, pentaerythrityl tetraethylhexanoate, C9-15 fluoroalcohol phosphates, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, bis-diglyceryl polyacryladipate-2, squalane, carmine (CI 75470), lecithin, iron oxides (CI 77491), methylparaben, tocopheryl acetate, fragrance (parfum), glycine soja (soybean) oil, tocopherol, iron oxides (CI 77492), BHT, retinyl palmitate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, limonene, alumina, isobutylparaben, propylparaben, linalool, hexyl cinnamal, benzyl salicylate, citral butylphenyl methylpropional, citronellol, eugenol.

on 6/27/2013 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My first Benefit blush was Coralista and, having tried that first (and loved it!), then trying the Dandelion, I'll admit I wasn't as thrilled as I thought I'd be. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful shade and it does look good on my skin. It's matte and has a slight shimmer which is very pretty and English rose-y.

The issue I have is that I have to apply quite a bit for the blush to be noticeable. When applying Coralista, I barely had to apply any product and I was happy and good to go. Dandelion, however, doesn't make that much of a statement for me and I apply a lot more than I usually would just to be able to notice it. This is fine, but at almost £25, I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'm fair skinned with dark hair and I think the Coralista suited my skin tone more. Dandelion is very natural and pretty, just maybe not for me. I think I would buy again, but not if Coralista is in stock too :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Benefit's Dandelion Box-o-Powder is a "sheer ballerina pink face powder to take your complexion from dull to radiant with buildable color and just a hint of shimmer. Sweep it on the cheeks as a soft blush or dust it all over face as brightening finishing powder." I love Benefit's Box-o-Powders, I think most bloggers and beauty lovers do. I received a 3 g (.1 oz) sample of the Dandelion Box-o-Powder in Benefit's Dandelion Wishes set, which I received as a free gift from Ulta. The full size of this Box-o-Powder contains 7g (.28 oz) and retails for $28. Benefit offers a selection of 9 Box-o-Powders. Benefit does not test on animals. This blusher was made in America. Benefit products can be purchased through the brand's website, Benefit counters and boutiques, Sephora, and Ulta.
Benefit's Dandelion Box-o-Powder comes in a green cardboard box with a flip top lid. The Benefit logo, product name, and a pinky, puffy dandelion. A natural hair bruh is included with each Box-o-Powder. My little sample comes in a small plastic clamshell container with the same general design on the front. A short description and full ingredient list can be found on the back. Benefit's Box-o-Powders are known for their excellent textures. My past experience with these blushes lead me to believe that the texture is highly variable. The Dandelion Box-o-Powder is a very soft, silky powdery that's solidly pressed and kicks up very little residual powder. It's very easy to pick Dandelion up on a brush. This powder blush applies with ease and is very to blend. Honestly, I have a very hard time figuring out how to use Benefit's Dandelion. Is it a blush? Is it a powder? Is it a highlighter? All of the above? I don't really understand the concept of this powder, I guess it's up to the user and their skin tone. For review purposes, I chose to use Dandelion as a blush and a highlighter. Really, I don't like it as either. This powder is too subtle to be used as a blush, yet too pink toned to be a highlighter. On my very fair skin, Dandelion provides very little color but a subtle sheen. The subtly of this product makes it very difficult for me to judge it's longevity.
Benefit's Dandelion is very pretty in the pan, it's a very light pink with subtle gold microshimmer. Don't be too concerned about the shimmer, it shows up on the skin as a sheen, not as a glittery finish. In a heavy swatch, Dandelion shows up as a light peachy pink, a very pretty color that would appear as a soft, natural flush on fair skins. However, once Dandelion is blended out, the pink hue is barely visible. I don't know who Dandelion would would show up on. I'm very hair and like many pale people, I have rosy cheeks, and their natural pinkness trumps any color Dandelion deposits. Skin tones more than a few shades darker than mine likely won't be suited by such a light sheer powder. For me, Benefit's Dandelion isn't a blush, face powder, or a highlighter. The shade just doesn't suit any of those purposes. I do, however, like to use Dandelion on the eyes, its great for blending
I'm still so mixed up about Benefit's Dandelion powder. The packaging is precious and in the pan it looks promising. The texture of this powder is lovely and very high quality. Pigmentation is light, but I'm pretty sure that's intentional. The lgiht pink shade doesn't suit my skin as a blush or highlighter and I really can't imagine using it as an all over face powder. I do like it on the eyes though. I'll continue to use and and experiment with Benefit's Dandelion Box-o-Powder, but I don't recommend this puzzling product.

Pro Tip: A similar but more potent color can be created by mixing the Bella Bamba and Sugarbomb Box-o-Powders.

on 6/25/2013 3:07:00 PM

oh my lord. if youre looking for this perfect soft pink. youre looking at it. its sooo omg amazing. its matte with a hint of shimmer. just a little shimmer. and its very settle for any seasons! the packging is adorableee! and the scent just smells like a blush i guess. haha but i would def repurchase omg.

on 6/18/2013 1:54:00 PM

I really like this blush. Yes, I called it a blush. I am pale and this gives me a natural pink-y glow. I like to layer it with Nars Orgasm Illuminator. This won't show up on dark skin very well. It's good if you want to use blush but don't want to look all glittery/peachy/pinky. (i'm looking at you, Nars Orgasm).

on 6/14/2013 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product is good for young (as in childlike) white and very light yellow skins.it is not good for orange brown or skin with brown spots or skins with more than one colour on them.

I recommend the benefit high beam product instead of this which I have also reviewed as it has a Pearl like texture And nicer finish as powders tend to sit on the skin and when you look close it is obvious that someone is wearing powder because the particles arnt fine enough texture to blend into the skin.

on 6/11/2013 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this blush! Very natural looking and very build able! It's not over the top pigmented so its very easy to work with! And it is matte! Which is also nice! When I first purchased it I didn't think it was going to do much because it looked so light in the box but now it is one of my favorite blushes of all time! I love all the Benefit Box Blushes and Powders! They are quite nice! Highly recommend! :)

on 6/11/2013 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Basically everyone in the world loves this blush and I do too.
Dandelion was my first blush, and years later it is still has a place in my collection.
It's a lovely color (pale pink with slight shimmer) and is slightly brightening. Very flattering on my skin tone, which is saying something because I have green undertones.
Packaging is adorbs, comes with one of my favorite blush brushes.
You cannot go wrong with this.

I love this blusher, it is a beautiful colour and the packaging is so cute! I had been wanting to try it out for ages and was very happy when my friend gave my it in the Feelin' Dandy set for Christmas. The only problem I have with it is that I think a lot of people will be driven away by the price of it as there are a lot of other blushers similar to it in drugstores. However if you are on the look out for a cute, pink, high-end blusher, dandelion is perfect!

on 5/29/2013 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have always loved benefit and only just recently purchased dandelion. The product is pinky mauve with a tiny amount of shimmer - although these arnt the colours i tend to go for i am completely IN LOVE. The product has great staying power and like all benefit powder pots, i can imagine it lasts a looonnnggg time. The brush, suprisingly, works very well. Another benefit WIN.

on 5/27/2013 6:20:00 AM

I adore this blush, and although it comes in a little expensive at about £25, it's worth it. You could pay less for a cheap blush, but this lasted through more than a year of everyday wear so is probably better value than other blushes. The colour is a lovely light-medium pink and quite sheer, and even though I have reddish acne-prone skin it looked lovely and didn't bring out the redness in my face. It also goes on nice and matte over face powder and foundation. Love it! My favourite benefit product.

Popular Blush Products