NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

on 10/24/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I might as well have simply applied clear balm. This matches my lips so closely that it missed out on the "but better" part. The texture is nice, but it's quite pricy and I have seen many other similar/better MLBB lipsticks out there at much better values. There's nothing special about this one.

on 10/13/2010 3:12:00 AM

After reading all the reviews of this product I couldn't help going to the NARS counter and trying it out. I've got an uneven lip tone, and I usually compensate for this with a bold matte red color - but I needed something for everyday. Now it is a sheer color that really needs some building, but wow. It gave me a really sexy color that I didn't think would ever suit my yellow skin tone. It really is universal! It isn't too pink, and it's incredibly moisturizing compared to all the mattes I've been wearing for the past few years. Will definitely buy this over and over again!

on 10/8/2010 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this color. So pretty and light weight on my lips and it gives a super light pink glow and received many compliments whenever I put it on. However, my biggest gripe is the $$$

on 10/7/2010 8:20:00 PM

This is about the same color as my lips so when I apply it it doesn't really look like I've got lipstick on. It evens out the color of my lips nicely, which is why I bought it. But the effect doesn't seem to last long...maybe only an hour or so for me. I, perhaps, should have expected that because the lipstick is so sheer.

Overall, a nice color that would look great on my skintones, but very limited staying power.

on 10/7/2010 11:16:00 AM

Beautiful muted dusty rose that applies sheer but is very buildable. When built up this gives me a nice, sophisticated red lip. I have problems with reds looking good with my lips and skintone but this is just the perfect understated red for me! The formula is very creamy and moisturizing which is the problem I get with MOST drugstore brands. Yes, this color is very sheer but thats what makes it universally flattering! You can control the intensity. I sometimes hate thick pigmented drugstore lipsticks because gunk onto my lips. This is sheer enough that I can get a hint of color or IF i want intensity I can build it up and it wont look thickly gooped on. It's very creamy & comfortable on my lips for hours.

Are there dupes for this color? YES. but can a drugstore brand really beat the texture, creaminess, and moisture of nars formulation? No.

on 10/5/2010 4:43:00 PM

I love pink lips. IMO, they are way sexier than the traditional red lip the world raves about. So this is the perfect pink for me. Subtle, no frost or sparkles and best of all, no pearl overtones. Just a great matt shade that goes perfect with virtually any color. Also can be amped up with a gloss - my personal fave is MAC's Ample Pink. I love this and will definitely buy again.

on 9/15/2010 12:25:00 AM

The only lipstick I now own. MLBB, moisturizing, just wish it wasn't so pricey! I can go through it pretty quickly

on 9/14/2010 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

LOVE this lipstick. It's a teenie bit darker, but overall a MLBB. moisturizing and decently lasting.

the price is a bit of a deterrent so i won't be going on nars lipstick hauls anytime soon. HA

overall this shade would really work with just about everyone

on 9/14/2010 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I went searching at MAC for a MLBB rosy lipstick and after buying a couple that were close but not exactly it, I rediscovered this Nars Dolce Vita lippie in my stash at home and went "This is what I wanted--duh" lmao...Great every day lipstick. Sheer coverage, but just enough for my naturally pale lips and brown lip line. I have a med-dark skin tone (C7 in MAC), so having basically no natural lip color makes me look dead. This lipstick makes me look human, lol. Neutral rose color. I think it would be a good shade for most skin tones, and probably better for those who don't have a lot of pigmentation in their lips. I am also a huge fan of Nars in general because the quality is always great. This lipstick is no exception, and considering the $25 price tag, it better be lol. Will repurchase this product whenever I run out.

on 9/5/2010 9:19:00 AM

This lipstick doesn't show all that much on me but on an everyday basis, that's what I want - a colour that is very close to my lips with a little bit of shine but not like the gloss type of shine. That being said, if you have medium-dark skin like me (NC40) and you are looking for colour payoff, then this lipstick is not for you. A similar shade with much more colour payoff for us would be MAC Creme in Your Coffee, which I also love. Dolce Vita is supermoisturizing and feels great on my lips. Although it is expensive at 30 CDN dollars, I will definitely buy again when I run out.

Popular Lipsticks