August 30, 2014 | 1573 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful muted dusty rose that applies sheer but is very buildable. When built up this gives me a nice, sophisticated red lip. I have problems with reds looking good with my lips and skintone but this is just the perfect understated red for me! The formula is very creamy and moisturizing which is the problem I get with MOST drugstore brands. Yes, this color is very sheer but thats what makes it universally flattering! You can control the intensity. I sometimes hate thick pigmented drugstore lipsticks because gunk onto my lips. This is sheer enough that I can get a hint of color or IF i want intensity I can build it up and it wont look thickly gooped on. It's very creamy & comfortable on my lips for hours.

Are there dupes for this color? YES. but can a drugstore brand really beat the texture, creaminess, and moisture of nars formulation? No.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

I love pink lips. IMO, they are way sexier than the traditional red lip the world raves about. So this is the perfect pink for me. Subtle, no frost or sparkles and best of all, no pearl overtones. Just a great matt shade that goes perfect with virtually any color. Also can be amped up with a gloss - my personal fave is MAC's Ample Pink. I love this and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jenna88chu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only lipstick I now own. MLBB, moisturizing, just wish it wasn't so pricey! I can go through it pretty quickly

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by vonns84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this lipstick. It's a teenie bit darker, but overall a MLBB. moisturizing and decently lasting.

the price is a bit of a deterrent so i won't be going on nars lipstick hauls anytime soon. HA

overall this shade would really work with just about everyone

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by artemis513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went searching at MAC for a MLBB rosy lipstick and after buying a couple that were close but not exactly it, I rediscovered this Nars Dolce Vita lippie in my stash at home and went "This is what I wanted--duh" lmao...Great every day lipstick. Sheer coverage, but just enough for my naturally pale lips and brown lip line. I have a med-dark skin tone (C7 in MAC), so having basically no natural lip color makes me look dead. This lipstick makes me look human, lol. Neutral rose color. I think it would be a good shade for most skin tones, and probably better for those who don't have a lot of pigmentation in their lips. I am also a huge fan of Nars in general because the quality is always great. This lipstick is no exception, and considering the $25 price tag, it better be lol. Will repurchase this product whenever I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 9:19:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

This lipstick doesn't show all that much on me but on an everyday basis, that's what I want - a colour that is very close to my lips with a little bit of shine but not like the gloss type of shine. That being said, if you have medium-dark skin like me (NC40) and you are looking for colour payoff, then this lipstick is not for you. A similar shade with much more colour payoff for us would be MAC Creme in Your Coffee, which I also love. Dolce Vita is supermoisturizing and feels great on my lips. Although it is expensive at 30 CDN dollars, I will definitely buy again when I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/4/2010 8:21:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this lipstick. Makes my lips look blushed and healthy. Staying power is alright. The formula doesn't dry out my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Ruksy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've heard so many beauty gurus rave about this lipstick... and now I know why. As it's been said so many times, Dolce Vita is such an universal lipstick. I really couldn't imagine anyone being disappointed with this product. I just love love love love this MLBB lippy.

Color: Reddish coral but very sheer as it is a sheer lipstick. I think the color really depends on a person's natural lip color. Mine's naturally reddish coral, so it really enhances my natural lip color. It could be worn casually when applied once, but would totally work as a night-out/workplace lipstick when applied several times.

Formula: Super, and I mean SUPER, moisturizing. It glides on my lips so smoothly without creasing in my lips. However, the staying power isn't too great. But it won't leave your skin chapped or dirty even when it fades.

Packagings: The usual rubber case. I personally don't like how it gets super dirty after a while... but it really doesn't bother me since the product's so great.

Price: It's okay-ish. Not too expensive for a high-end lipstick I think.

Anyone who's looking for a casual red/coral lipstick should deffs try this beautiful Dolce Vita lipstick. You won't regret it:D

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2010 2:14:00 AM More reviews by nakeeyark

NARS dolce vita is a lipstick that has reached cult status, and i can see why: it is a lovely, sheer rose that is neutral enough to be paired with any eyeshadow look. the reason why i can't give it any higher than a two, however, is because dolce vita is EXACTLY the color of my lips; i apply it and it looks like i've slapped on some non-shiny gloss. it makes no sense to pay $24 USD for something that doesn't really do anything for me. for those with relatively pigmented lips, i highly recommend you give it a try before you purchase. dolce vita warrants two lippies because the staying power is solid, and the formula is nice. i so so so want to love this, but my money is better spent on lipsticks and glosses that will actually show up on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jcl925

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to Dolce Vita in a NARS pallette I purchased on a whim. I immediately purchased Dolce Vita when I ran out and it's my go to shade when I don't want to wear a lot of makeup or when I don't want to play up my lips. This neutral pink is just a shade darker than the color of my liips and it adds a little more oomph. It is on the sheer side so I don't expect it to last as long as a matte lipstick. I still love it though. I suppose if you want it to last longer, purchasing the lipstick pencil version would be an option. As much as I love this color, I'm not a big fan of the scent. Fortunately I don't smell it after application.