NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick brightens up anyone's face and works on any skin tone. Even when I'm wearing minimal makeup, I put this on and can layer it as much as I want and it won't look like I'm wearing too much. It doesn't dry out your lips or feather, and I wear it over a lip balm for a slightly glossier finish. It's the perfect combination between shiny and matte, and looks polished and gives you a great pout!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this shade. A lot of times I feel a little too conscious of lipstick, but Dolce Vita is very natural looking and pretty. Even passes the rearview mirror test.

Love it!! It's actually the colour of my lips, only a shade darker. Bought this along with the blush. Great for daytime wear.

Having loved NARS's Orgasm blush, I was excited to try one of their lipsticks. The shade looked beautiful in the tube, but oh how I wished I would have tried it on before purchasing. The color was so sheer and barely pigmented, that it looked like I didn't have anything on my lips at all! I'm a faithful user of their blushes, but I'm going to stay away from their lipsticks from now on.

This lipstick is a sheer-ish nude dark rose. I think it is marginally buildable, but it is totally that "my lips but better" look, if it shows up for you at all. It shows up for me just fine, and it really reminds me of the MAC Slimshine lipsticks, which I kind of hated. However, this lipstick is nice for when you need a muted lip or just want something simple. I also want to add that my particular lipstick is not waxy or crayon-like. It is actually very smooth and wet. I guess I got a good batch! Overall, I like using this on those nude-lip days, but I don't think I'll repurchase. Not only is this dupe-able, but I'm also not a huge fan of sheer, nude lipsticks.

This is another staple in my beauty bag! The color is a gorgeous dusty rose with a hint of nude undertones.
It works really well on my lips because it's a more pigmented and rosier shade than my own lips. I believe that if I had darker lips or very light colored lips, this may not show up as well.

I'm lucky enough to be able to wear this perfect shade of everyday rose. This is a staple!

FYI: NARS Chihuahua lipgloss looks AMAZING over this lipstick!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

it's hard for me to find a lipstick that i like. i've tried mac's lustre lipsticks and they still seem to enhance the dryness of my lips and they're too opaque for me. the nars dolce vita is very sheer and gives just enough color for me. my lips but better. great for everyday wear. it's moisturizing and i sort of like the scent, even though it's kind of weird and spicy smelling. the packaging is nice and sleek, just as all of their other products. it seems to be a lot smaller too. the price is pretty expensive for the amount you get. but i would still repurchase bc it takes me forever to finish up an entire lip product.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I might as well have simply applied clear balm. This matches my lips so closely that it missed out on the "but better" part. The texture is nice, but it's quite pricy and I have seen many other similar/better MLBB lipsticks out there at much better values. There's nothing special about this one.

After reading all the reviews of this product I couldn't help going to the NARS counter and trying it out. I've got an uneven lip tone, and I usually compensate for this with a bold matte red color - but I needed something for everyday. Now it is a sheer color that really needs some building, but wow. It gave me a really sexy color that I didn't think would ever suit my yellow skin tone. It really is universal! It isn't too pink, and it's incredibly moisturizing compared to all the mattes I've been wearing for the past few years. Will definitely buy this over and over again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this color. So pretty and light weight on my lips and it gives a super light pink glow and received many compliments whenever I put it on. However, my biggest gripe is the $$$

Recommended for Medium Skin