Chanel Coco Mademoiselle

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Powder, that was my first thought. And then tonka beans or maybe opoponax. The scent is absolutely divine. It seems you can never go wrong with a Chanel. Hell, I was raised on them. But I had other ideas as a teen. I became an independent. A hippie. I believed in free will, free-thinking and free spirits. Which is probably why I am such a firm believer in addressing all levels of perfumes. I've met women from so many places who, in their lives, can only dream of owning a bottle of Chanel. Those of us who do, should greatly appreciate what we have before us. But always understand there are perfumes greater than this and perfumes lesser than this house, also. It is only a commodity in the wide world of fragrances. It is only a name, and should never be judged solely by that.
Sweet florals knock on the door to say hello and ask to visit, sweet patchouli barges in and stays, all the while powdering her nose, drinking her Chai tea. Where are these ladies? In a dusty cabin in the early Spring. A cabin that has yet to cleaned from last Summer's visitors. It's a bit dank in the cabin, the windows haven't been opened for months. It's musty. It's a place they all enjoy and have pleasant memories of and every season brings a different flavor to the structure. Sometimes pleasant, sometimes not, but it's always a roof over their heads. So they keep coming back. These are my images of Coco Mademoiselle.
And yes, Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle will do that to people. Draw you back for visits time and time again. That's what Chanel is about once you reside with these perfumes. You find yourself re-visiting them season-by-season. They're as classic and staid as a log cabin in the woods. They simply belong there. But one doesn't spend all season in that cabin. Just as one shouldn't spend all their time with only one perfume.
Multifariousness is what makes one unique and opens ones eyes to the world. Diversity allows you to see and appreciate minute differences. I haven't met a Chanel I don't appreciate for its variances, but I've also learned to appreciate a less costly perfume made with well intentions because of it.
Top Notes: Orange, Mandarin Orange, Orange Blossom, Bergamot.
Middle Notes: Mimose, Turkish Rose, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang.
Base Notes: Tonka Bean, Patchouli, Opoponax, Vanilla, Vetiver, White Musk.

on 10/24/2013 5:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG and signature scent, I've worn it for more than 6 years (since I was 20) and will always have it on hand. At first it seems slightly sharp and very strong, but it soon develops into this amazing soft, warm, rich and classy scent that just feels so comforting and simply RIGHT to wear. Especially in colder weather I cannot get enough of Coco Mademoiselle and I love the great staying power - it makes me so happy to smell it during the day on my skin, clothes and hair. People compliment me when I'm wearing it, and my boyfriend loves it. Plus the bottle is very beautiful. My mom wears it too, and it suits her just as well, so it's definitely not just for "mademoiselles". A true timeless classic in my book.

on 10/18/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Such a classy and sophisticated scent! I always say this perfume, or Chloe by Chloe will be the scent I wear for my wedding. I love the lasting power of this. I wore this for New Years eve of last year and put on 3 spritz at 8pm. I could still smell it after dancing and sweating all night long, and waking up with this scent on me still! There is nothing to not like about this

on 10/14/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is just a perfect fragrance! I wore it when it was just out, and I absolutely loved wearing it. The only reason I stopped wearing it was because a lot of people wear it. And with a lot I mean almost every female living in this country. And I hate to be snobby but also a lot of women who wear it while being dressed like they just rolled out of bed on the schoolrun. So, no, will not rebuy.

on 10/11/2013 7:41:00 AM

sexy and feminine. if you apply too much, it's overpowering. price is steep, but you don't need a lot anyway. overall it's a good one. i sometimes wanna try and i do use other perfumes, but always go back to this one. guys love it too.

on 9/9/2013 3:06:00 PM

Beautiful scent, more of a night time or a winter time scent. Don't spray it, mist it over your upper body and walk out the door with an attitude. For more honest reviews, 'like' Face Up To It on Facebook, Twitter @YoCalliss, yocalliss.wordpress.com. Thanks :)

on 8/31/2013 8:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Firs of all I love this perfume, this perfume really lasts all day, when I use it I usually spray four times and people can smell it all the time. I am a college student and one time as I was walking to class a few male students were walking behind a few steps from me and they kept saying that girl smells so good, and it really does! It is true this perfume is really popular yet the smell is amazing is not too strong like Opium or too light like Daisy from Marc Jacobs, you just gotta try this perfume is awesome!

on 8/26/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This perfume smells so elegant, classy and romantic! I love rose scents and I can definitely smell it in this. I bought the smallest bottle which was 75 bucks but it lasts a long time and its worth it. I love putting this on during a sexy night in with my bf wearing lingerie makes me feel sexy

on 8/18/2013 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I have had only samples, but really love this scent! The edp is too strong for me, so I prefer the edt. I will be purchasing a bottle soon to add to the collection :)

on 8/12/2013 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got it as a gift from my cousin. I hated the smell and I thought it's too strong for my taste. I was teenager back then. But everybody liked how I smell whenever I wore it. I started to wear it so that people would compliment me. After the bottle which really last so long ran out I stopped using it. After 7 years I bought it again to give it an another chance because I missed how people compliment how nice I smell.

Popular Fragrances