December 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Hair Treatments - Joico - K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tries this after reading various online reviews and finding it on sale at JcPenney. I am not impressed at all. Keracare is much better for thick, course ethnic hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this treatment for 3-4 years now and I love what it does to my hair. I have fine, curly and extreamly dry red hair that I managed to bleach to almost light white blond during my senior year at college. Red pigment is really stubborn, so my hair didn't take it very well to say the least... They were all gummy and brittled easily, i couldn't even put them in a pony tail without breaking my precious strands. My original intention was to grow my curly hair long and blond, but I soon realised that it was impossible to do both. So I chose "long" and started to take care of my hair after returning to my original red color. Joico deep penetrating treatment was the first thing that I really noticed was nourishing my hair. My hairdresser recommended pairing it with some moisturising cure, so I ended up rotating between this one and various cheap moisturising conditioners since I had to justify my splurging on Joico by saving on other hair products. Well, to make the long story short I haven't gotten a hair cut since then and my hair just keep growing long and more manageble than I ever remember them to be. Truly a miracle worker. I wish it would be thicker though since I sometimes spill it in the shower and it can drip from you hair while its on them. I actually use it every time I shower since I feel like my hair get dry and brittle very fast without bringing in some proteind from this treatment. I also use Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner and k-pak shampoo with it now and have a waist-length hair I always dreamed of! Great stuff I will keep repurchasing (btw you can save a lot of money by buying 1 liter bottles online).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was a life saver when I had blue hair. I went from black to blonde in a matter of 1 week. Yeah, my hair wasn't in the best condition. This stuff brought it back to life. There IS only so much it can do, though. I bleached my hair twice with 30 vol. developer to get the blue out of my hair, and that was when my hair turned gummy and started stretching and then just snapping. This stuff has helped a little, but I'm thinking of trying Redken's Extreme Deep Fuel. The scent is also great, smells like bananas. Will repurchase, just because it was great when I deep cleansed. I pair this with Joico's Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.

Update: Still loving this, however, Redken Deep Fuel is MUCH better at bringing damaged hair back to life. I use this, however, every time I wash my hair, with the Intense Hydrator and my hair is slowly but surely coming back to it's healthy state. Still loving the smell, but I can't stand the consistency - it's literally SLIPPING out of my hands as I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have spent the last 12+ years colouring my hair. I made the mistake of begging my mom for highlights when I was 12, to which she complied & from there, I've been colouring my hair non-stop. I have naturally straight hair & am so surprised it hasn't all fallen out of my head. I've done it all...every colour you can think of as well as the harsh transaction from going black to blonde twice. I've stripped my hair twice & have always had to cut so much off because it was just simply dead. I've been trying to grow my hair out for about 2 years now & have had lots of success thanks to this hot piece of hair re-constructor. The dye I'm using now is a demi, which I do believe helps reduce damage, but this product has brought my hair back to life. I still have to manage my split ends & do a routine trim every 3 months, but for the first time in a long time...my hair looks & feels sooo healthy! I love this product. I will continue to use it for as long as I need to :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by hooplehead

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Total HG product that has brought my hair back from the dead more times than I can count. I usually put off buying it because it is so pricey. But my oily, color treated hair has been a real challenge lately-in addition to the usual frizz and dullness, it has been breaking off a lot. I bought some Redken Anti-Snap and their new breakage line-nothing worked. I was really concerned about the amount of hair I was losing, so I bit the bullet and bought some KPak (shop online, there are some good discounts to be had.) All I can say is wow. The breakage issue is gone, my hair is smooth and shiny and actually looking good for the first time since I don't know when. I am definitely going to keep it on hand from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is AMAAAAZING! but you can overdo it.

For reference -- my hair is 2A/B (wavy), normal porosity, fine/medium, plentiful, uncolored, past shoulders with long layers, in good condition, and getting wavier as I age. Grays are just starting to show up -- my new hairdresser says she saw maybe 3. My hair has too much slip (not much texture). I'm the "have trouble keeping a rubberband in that hair" girl.

I'm a product junkie, always looking for products to resist my hair's nature of wanting to droop. It's not that I want big hair; I just don't want my hair laying flat at the root. I'm working myself away from silicones, parabens, sulfates - though this product does have parabens (see ingredients below) and trying to eliminate hairspray entirely from the regimen. I've been sampling any number of sulfate-free products and am pretty well devoted now to DevaCurl.

So, the routine is to wash/co-wash, condition, K-Pak and wait, rinse, use a deep conditioner (Biolage Conditioning Balm) with extra attention on the ends of my hair. I can't tell you what a difference this makes! My hair is still really silky, but it is sooooo well-behaved. It requires minimal styling (drying) and no hairspray. And it stays. It stays wavy, it stays full.

I encourage anyone, regardless of hair type (straight to very curly) to check out www.naturallycurly.com Those folks may or may not have your hair assets or challenges, but they know hair and gave me great insight to how to deal with mine - now that it's changing (?)

A few words to the wise about this wonderful product. First, it's not a conditioner. Second, it's possible to overdo a good thing -- I think I spaced my last use (about 5 weeks ago) 4 days apart, and that left my hair a bit dry. I vowed not to repeat that mistake, put the tube in the back of a cabinet, and forgot about it! I couldn't figure out why I was having to fight again with my hair -- then, doh, remembered this. I think I need to be on an 10-day schedule with this. Bottom line: I'd encourage you to check out naturallycurly to explore your hair type then, if you think reconstruction might help you, try this!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua) , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine , Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum) , Glycol Stearate , PEG-8 Distearate , Sodium Chloride , Ceteth-2 , Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin , Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin , Myristyl Myristate , Citric Acid , Fragrance , Sorbic Acid , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearyl Alcohol , Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil (Safflower) , Yeast Extract , Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice , Keratin Amino Acids , Methylparaben , Propylparaben

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/26/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by IntensityofSin

I am in love with the K-Pak Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor for several years now. It is my life-saver. I have thick black hair with double-process bleached blonde highlights. It brought my fried straw-like hair back to life.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 4:51:00 AM More reviews by heavenlyxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just re-purchased this product, the previous bottle lasted me about 6 months using about 1x a week. Makes my damaged hair so silky i prob dont even need to follow up with a deep-conditioner like with most protein treatments. I find it hard to tell whether protein makes my hair any stronger, it was bleach-fried..but managed to look quite healthy after using this stuff. cost about $27 in Oz.
Look forward to using this product...would recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2011 6:53:00 AM More reviews by ChaarlieKatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

after years of dying, straightning, curling and blow drying my hair combined with not knowing how to look after it properly, my hair was in very bad shape dry, brittle, doll and the ends would snap off all the time. I have been using this along with the shampoo conditioner and hydrator for 2 months now and my hair has improved so much i am so hapy i purchased this! i have read some reviews saying this is really bad but the same people refer to this as a conditioner... THIS IS NOT A CONDITIONER, its a protiene treatment for people who have chemically and heat damaged hair... and it works wounders, nearly finished my first tube and about to purchase some more, this is a product i feel i will never stop using.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:15:00 PM More reviews by justcallmed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Awesome stuff. I've used A LOT of masks in my hair to try and get it just a little healthy feeling. From Aveda, Redken, Alterna, nothing seemed to actually get my hair feeling healthy after the abuse I put it through. Then I tried this. It's light weight enough that you can get it through your whole head of hair, but sinks in deeply and leaves moisture you can feel without a greasy feeling after. My hair is fine but with lots of it and this has never weighed it down and has helped it bounce back to life after bleaching, stripping, dying, cutting, etc...I will always keep this in my rotation.