July 30, 2014 | 1572 users online

Masks - Queen Helene - Mint Julep Masque

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by encee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

My skin's quite oily with hormonal acne on cheeks & forehead. Bought this due to rave reviews on MUA. It was selling rather cheap with 33% extra product. It's thick consistency makes it a little hard to squeeze out from the tube. The goop spreads easily on entire face, and dries up in ard 15mins, but without that finely cracked up effect that leaves traces of speckles everywhere. Quite a pleasure to use, around 5 rinses to clear this stuff off...without any tight, dry effect on skin. Also use it as a spot-on acne treatment that effectively tames those cystic types. This cld be a replacement to my Origins charcoal mask, similar effects at half the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by Retrohousewife

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a great way to pamper yourself. It smells great, feels refreshing, and dries up acne without over-drying your skin. You can see a noticeable difference in your pore size immediately after using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by dauncey07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well! Shame on me for just starting to use this stuff now. This masque is incredible! Now, that being said, it definitely isn't a miracle worker on pimples (but who honestly thinks something is going to clear a zit up over night!?) I do dab it on for over night treatment on a pimple, to help it clear up ... but it does take a few days. After using it for a mask my skin is super soft with a lot less oil and visible pores. I actually look forward to using this once a week!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:51:00 AM More reviews by WormEatsBird

Been using this for years, drys up my pimples, soaks up excess oil and smooths out my skin, it has a nice minty scent (which I love) and makes my face tingly on occasion. And it's cruelty free!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by jam09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

YES YES YES. Rediscovered love and I'm soooo happy! I had been having so much trouble with my acne-prone skin that I just didn't know what to do anymore. I cleansed, I moisturized, spot-treated, ate well and I would still get pimples every few days. I am using a skin lightener/chemical exfoliant by Paula's Choice to reduce hyperpigmentation but thought that maybe my skin would benefit from an occasional mask. I peered into my drawers from when I stowed this away years ago and was happy to see it still have a good amount left. Same consistency and everything, didn't go bad at all. I have extremely sensitive combo and acne-prone skin. I use this mask once a week for a nice deep clean. I've been using it for about a month now (so about 4 times) and every time I notice any little pimples come to the surface immediately and the mask helps them heal quicker than usual. With every use, I get less and less acne and now I only have two small ones (that are disappearing after only 2 days). My skin type reacts horribly to salicylic acid and well to benzoyl peroxide and sulfur (which this mask has). I credit the sulfur with the acne-combatting action and besides that, it just feels good! I look forward to my "mask day" every week because I can really feel it working and getting deep down into my pores. And at only $4 for a big bottle? It's a complete WIN-WIN and I totally recommend it!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by sweetsparkless

It cleaned my skin well and didn't leave it too dry. It made my acne worse. it smelled great and is cheap, but it really didn't too much for me. I heard it was great but I guess only for certain skin types. The scrub was great though!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/16/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

After reading all of these good MUA reviews and hearing an amazing amount of youtube hype, I finally gave in and bought this (cheap) mask, hoping to God it would work for my sensitive to dry skin. No. Wrong. Bad choice. I have very good skin, and have only had a few pimples in my life, and even then, the bumps were mainly caused by stress. After applying this mask ONCE, my skin flared up and broke out the worst I have experienced. My blackheads even became more noticeable. DO NOT BUY.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by loveohnine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gave it a shot since it was only $3. Did not do anything for my face. Applied it directly to a whitehead and saw no change after I washed it off. I get much quicker results with a sulfur mask. Will not be repurchasing again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Sweden121

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like this mask. It does work for me to clear up white head blemishes and help make pores less visable. My only problem with it is that it takes forever to wash off and it is nearly impossible to wash it off in the bathroom sink without making a mess.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by supergirlieque

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Always come back to this stuff when I need a relaxing mask. It works well and it makes my skin look and feel soft and bright. I find that it's best used right after I get out of the shower when my skin is clean and my pores are ready to be purified. I alternate this mask with a scrubbing mask whenever I have the time and when my tube runs out, I always buy another. I do try to go for this brand but a couple of times I've had to settle for the store brand and there's no difference.