October 21, 2014 | 1995 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by jawa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

HALLELUJAH!!!! I have struggled for years with extremely dry, chapped and peeling skin on my lips and nose in the winter. Also the skin on my cuticles and fingers would get so dry they would crack and bleed. Most moisturizers did nothing, or just made it worse, especially on my face. Ditto with lip balms, moisturizing oils, ointments. NOTHING worked, until I picked up a tube of Aquaphor on a whim. Immediately the dry chapped skin felt better, and then within a few days it was gone completely. I now use this as my daily lip treatment before I apply makeup, and at night I apply it before I go to bed to my nose and lips, and on my hands and elbows. Amazing stuff - if you're struggling with chapped, irritated skin, give this a try. A little goes a long way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 4:08:00 AM More reviews by NativeNewyorker

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

After trying every product on the market for dry, severely cracked and chapped lips, a friend told me to get Aquaphor. I will be eternally grateful to her for telling me about this amazing product.

I take allergy and asthma medication that can be very dehydrating, so dealing with dried out lips is an ongoing battle. I already have dry skin, so this product is a godsend! I slather it on my lips every single night. I also use it on my cuticles and heels of my feet. I use Eucerin body lotion all over, but Aquaphor helps in extra dry spots. My lips have never felt this good! It's really like a miracle.

I buy the litte tubes, the ones that are similar to Chapstick or other brands. At Target, they sell them two to a box. I have one at home on my night table and one that stays in my purse at all times.

My lips are softer, smoother and moisturized now. I just cannot say enough about Aquaphor and how well it has worked for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by bumblevy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a miracle product. Last winter, my lips were so dried to the point where the skin around my mouth started getting red. No matter now much vaseline I used or any special lip ointments, it would not go away. So I was recommended to try this out. I was so happy after using it for 3 days that the red skin went away and my lips were soft again. Now I use it every night before going to bed. It is definitely a miracle product for my skin, lips, ect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't think I'm brave enough to put something that has the first ingredient listed as mineral oil but this stuff works WONDERS on a fresh tattoo!

I put this on morning and night after gently cleansing the freshly inked area in a thin layer. Unlike vaseline, which only sit on the surface, Aquaphor sinks into the skin which prevents scabbing and scarring.

It also makes it heal SO much faster!

Wonderful post-tattoo product and also great for dry heels!(thank you ballet shoes >_<)
I wouldnt put this anywhere near my tempermental skin, if a product has any kind of non-natural oil in it, it flips out. But for now, a great healing agent!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by MellowJello20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh my goodness! Let me first say that I cannot remember a time in my life that my lips have been smooth. I have always had some sort of chapping going on, and I don't even live in a dry or cold area...

I have been a Burt's Bees user for about 5 years now. I thought it was helping my severely chapped lips, but it really wasn't... apparently.

I picked up a large tube of aquaphor in my local Target because my best friend suggested I try it. She said her cousin-in-law, a doctor, recommended it to her as a multi-use product. She said to use it on your skin, cuticles, under eyes, lips, etc. So I thought, "what the heck, I'll give it a try".

I. AM. IN. LOVE.

After just a couple of days, my once dry lips were as smooth as butter. No cracks, no flakes... just smooth, beautiful pink skin.

I use it primarily on my lips and cuticles. It has worked wonders. I'm a veterinary technician, so I am constantly washing my hands with harsh anti-bacterial soaps. Aquaphor has made my hands soft and dry.

Do yourself a favor and get a tube. They make a tub version, a large tube version, and some lippy tube versions, but I'm pretty sure they are all the same product. I thought I'd get more use out of the large tube version, so that's what I have.

I will never go without this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by WhimisicalFairyxx

I had an allergic reaction to EOS Lip Balm (Too bad! I loved that stuff) my lips turned BLACK and constantly felt chapped, like I had a dry film on milk on them. Went to the doctor and she recommended aquaphor.

BEST PRODUCT EVER.

No longer do I have chapped lips, perfect for winter and one tube lasts me quite a while. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by starlamelissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This looks like plain vaseline but it isnt. I have personally seen it cure awful diaper rashes in 24 hours, and heal cracked lips overnight. I buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 2:50:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

My friend recommended this (though I'm sure I've used some in the past) actually for my face, which I was super skeptical about. But many creams give me a reaction and I was starting to feel dry from tea tree oil and cold weather, so I picked it up. I got the small jar because it's more for your money but not as massive and expensive as the huge one (and I didn't know if I'd end up liking it and needing that much). So I put it on my dry areas and woah. I can not believe this doesn't clog me. I also put it on my lips and hands and it really works. And it moisturizes and goes in way better than comparable products like the Neutrogena Norwegian formula. I also religiously use Vaseline cocoa butter formula as a lip balm and this is even better :O I stick to the vaseline on my eyes at night though and this on my lips at night. I also use Blitex DCT during the day/in my purse but I sometimes fill a small container with vaseline/aquaphor, which if I do again it would be this over the vaseline.

I still use this, going strong, but not really on my face. Just lips :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Sasha77885

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Use aquaphor for dry chapped lips, works great

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I too have seen the light! Just had an old tattoo touched up and a new one applied. My artist recommended aquaphor to use during the healing process. Wonderful stuff, both tats have healed up in only about a week's time. The ointment is nice and soothing on tender, abused, needle pricked skin. :)

Since I bought the big tub I thought I'd put it to other uses. So I've tried it as an undereye balm and lip balm at night, hands and cuticles, and also on gross dry heels. It feels a little greasy at first but sinks in and leaves skin ultra moisturized. And I swear it leaves my lips feeling better than Jack Black or other balms I've tried! Just don't try to use it under makeup. One day I thought I'd try it under my eyes in place of my other creams, big mistake! My concealer was sliding around everywhere.