December 20, 2014 | 821 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lizever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really don't like this. I was using an Avon intensive hand cream on my leg b/c of a nasty flare up of eczema. It was working, but I thought I'd try this since it got great reviews and was readily accessible at the store. After using this day and night my skin actually got worse, back to wear it had been. If it had worked I wouldn't have minded how thick and difficult it was to spread. It disappears onto your skin making it hard to spread evenly, and yet it doesn't absorb. It's hard to explain. It's also very greasy, too greasy for your face or eyes. It sort of sits on your skin instead of absorbing in. When I found myself scratching my leg later I actually got fingernails full of stuff if you know what I mean. I may use up the rest of the tub on my kids, but I definitely won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I finally gave up the ghost and accepted the fact that living in an old apartment with steam heat and working both inside and outside (in frigid conditions!) with small kids has been doing my sensitive, dry, eczema-prone skin no favors this winter. This (well, actually the CVS dupe of it, $4 cheaper, same ingredients) came to the rescue. I remember using this - or rather, having my grandmother slap it on me - when I was really young, and I disliked the greasiness then and so have avoided it for years. I'm glad I finally got over myself because thanks to this Creme I'm now no longer scratching myself until I'm bloody. It's actually not super greasy, at least in the way that their calming creme is: it doesn't leave a film. It is, however, super heavy and occlusive, and is so thick that it can be hard to rub in unless you soften it a bit first in your hands or stick it in a bowl of warm water. At least you improve your circulation as your rub it in! I've come to really love this now, after a few weeks of use. If you have eczema and Aveeno or Curel or regular Eucerin isn't working for you anymore, try this. It's heavy, but it works, and it forms a nice cushiony barrier between your skin and itchers. Would repurchase, but this tub should last through the worst of the winter and I doubt I'll need it in summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2007 4:57:00 PM More reviews by moonshadow7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a lifesaver. In the dead of winter when my regular lotion just isn't enough to prevent me from getting dry, itchy, rough skin, I turn to this and within a few days my skin is back to normal. I agree with other reviewers who say that this product is really greasy and it feels kind of unpleasant on your skin. However, I've used lotions that are much greasier and far less effective, and this product really works, which is what really counts, right? I don't like the tub packaging, but it's too thick to put in a tube so I guess they had no choice. If you like this, check out Aquaphor too, it's also a lifesaver.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2007 9:36:00 PM More reviews by tania_nia

I have a circulatory problem called Raynaud's disease which means that my internal thermostat is off causing my hands and feet to get extremely cold and stay that way. The flucuation in temps causes my whole body to be really dry, sensitive, and irritated. I bought the Equate version of this at Walmart for 4 dollars and I'm loving it so far. My feet stay moisturized and it seems to have boosted the moisture level in my skin. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's hard to spread and feels greasy but it's more of a healing greasy rather than a lay on top of skin type greasy. I will try the baby oil method like a previous reviewer said to see if that helps.

My mom and brother have diabetes and my mom loves it. I will have to try it for under the eyes before bed. That sounds like a good idea! The product reminds me of Crisco but that's all good. I might repurchase if I don't find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2007 6:11:00 PM More reviews by glindetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a staple for me. Non-reactive. Thick. Moisturizing. The best hand cream and it's dirt cheap. I have tubs of this everywhere (home, work, handbag).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 5:57:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love this stuff. I don't use it on my face but I do use it on my legs, arms and hands. I'm a DDD and we get ashy, especially in the winter. This keeps the dry ashy look at bay. I don't notice the greasy feel that others describe. Just very moisturizing and emollient. Super cheap and long lasting. My DH and 3 kids use it and it still takes months to use a container. A staple in my home. Oh, Walmart has an equate dupe that is great. Either is a winner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 3:11:00 PM More reviews by famous12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this product Sunday, as in almost a week ago. Within 3 days, an extremely dry,thick,rough patch had gone completely from the palm of my hand. My hand was smooth and soft after 4 months of suffering with this situation. I discovered this product by reading MUA reviews before i purchase anything new. I want to give back by sharing my experience with Eucerin. I would highly recommend this for any dry skin crisis. It really does work wonders.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My dermatologists always recommend Eucerin, especially since I used to have eczema. It's supposed to be one of the best. However, I hate how Eucerin feels on my skin. Even though it's supposed to be effective, it feels so greasy that I'd actually prefer not to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2007 10:56:00 PM More reviews by snugglebunnyjm

This stuff is AMAZING! I'm a pale WASPy/Irish girl with the lightest, most sensitive skin you can possibly imagine, and I think I've foudn my HG! I've had slight laugh lines since I was a teenager, and while my mother swears that nobody else would ever notice them, *I* don't like them. She recommended I try some of her Eucerin, and it's great. My eyes look so much better after two days! I bought a big tub of this for $8. I rub a little on my eyelids and underneath my eyes before I apply my makeup and before I go to bed. The consistency is viscous, so if you put it on in the morning, you'll need to wait awhile before applying shadow and liner.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 10:10:00 PM More reviews by RainWhenIDie

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this stuff! Heals everything and keeps my skin baby soft.