Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.4

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

on 3/16/2008 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! This winter was quite harsh on my eczema skin, and I was tired to using anti-itch creams. The itching went away, but my skin was still dry. I bought the 16 oz. jar and gave it a try. My eczema went away, and my legs and arms are very soft. I also tried this on my acne/oily face. I avoided lotions on my face b/c of the immediate breakouts to lotions. But again, this winter also freaked havoc on my face. I tried a little bit at night, and I woke up with soft and glowing skin. I have kept using it for the past three months, and my skin has improved--less oily and more glowly. Highly recommended.

on 1/24/2008 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A nice heavy cream for severely dry areas or really itchy winter skin. I hate the packaging in the tub - I do understand this is such a thick product there is no way it could easily be dispensed from a tube or a pump, so I understand the need for a jar - but it gets stuck under my nails because you have to dig to scoop it out. Great for sensitive skin and I love that it is fragrance free.

on 1/7/2008 7:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I get super-dry feet and hands in the winter. It gets to the point that I get cracked skin, which is extremely painful. I bought this stuff as I have tried everything else in the drugstore, and this one was my last resort. So far I am quite happy with this product. It's best to put on AFTER you soak in the tub, and your skin is still soft. It absorbs better and holds moisture longer. I wish it had a scent, contained something tingly like mint or tea tree, and it came in a squirt bottle, but what can you do? This is my new HG heavy-duty lotion.

on 12/29/2007 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I actually really don't like this. I was using an Avon intensive hand cream on my leg b/c of a nasty flare up of eczema. It was working, but I thought I'd try this since it got great reviews and was readily accessible at the store. After using this day and night my skin actually got worse, back to wear it had been. If it had worked I wouldn't have minded how thick and difficult it was to spread. It disappears onto your skin making it hard to spread evenly, and yet it doesn't absorb. It's hard to explain. It's also very greasy, too greasy for your face or eyes. It sort of sits on your skin instead of absorbing in. When I found myself scratching my leg later I actually got fingernails full of stuff if you know what I mean. I may use up the rest of the tub on my kids, but I definitely won't buy this again.

on 12/24/2007 1:50:00 PM

I finally gave up the ghost and accepted the fact that living in an old apartment with steam heat and working both inside and outside (in frigid conditions!) with small kids has been doing my sensitive, dry, eczema-prone skin no favors this winter. This (well, actually the CVS dupe of it, $4 cheaper, same ingredients) came to the rescue. I remember using this - or rather, having my grandmother slap it on me - when I was really young, and I disliked the greasiness then and so have avoided it for years. I'm glad I finally got over myself because thanks to this Creme I'm now no longer scratching myself until I'm bloody. It's actually not super greasy, at least in the way that their calming creme is: it doesn't leave a film. It is, however, super heavy and occlusive, and is so thick that it can be hard to rub in unless you soften it a bit first in your hands or stick it in a bowl of warm water. At least you improve your circulation as your rub it in! I've come to really love this now, after a few weeks of use. If you have eczema and Aveeno or Curel or regular Eucerin isn't working for you anymore, try this. It's heavy, but it works, and it forms a nice cushiony barrier between your skin and itchers. Would repurchase, but this tub should last through the worst of the winter and I doubt I'll need it in summer.

on 12/17/2007 4:57:00 PM

This product is a lifesaver. In the dead of winter when my regular lotion just isn't enough to prevent me from getting dry, itchy, rough skin, I turn to this and within a few days my skin is back to normal. I agree with other reviewers who say that this product is really greasy and it feels kind of unpleasant on your skin. However, I've used lotions that are much greasier and far less effective, and this product really works, which is what really counts, right? I don't like the tub packaging, but it's too thick to put in a tube so I guess they had no choice. If you like this, check out Aquaphor too, it's also a lifesaver.

on 12/13/2007 9:36:00 PM

I have a circulatory problem called Raynaud's disease which means that my internal thermostat is off causing my hands and feet to get extremely cold and stay that way. The flucuation in temps causes my whole body to be really dry, sensitive, and irritated. I bought the Equate version of this at Walmart for 4 dollars and I'm loving it so far. My feet stay moisturized and it seems to have boosted the moisture level in my skin. The only thing I don't like about it is that it's hard to spread and feels greasy but it's more of a healing greasy rather than a lay on top of skin type greasy. I will try the baby oil method like a previous reviewer said to see if that helps.

My mom and brother have diabetes and my mom loves it. I will have to try it for under the eyes before bed. That sounds like a good idea! The product reminds me of Crisco but that's all good. I might repurchase if I don't find something better.

on 11/26/2007 6:11:00 PM

This is a staple for me. Non-reactive. Thick. Moisturizing. The best hand cream and it's dirt cheap. I have tubs of this everywhere (home, work, handbag).

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love this stuff. I don't use it on my face but I do use it on my legs, arms and hands. I'm a DDD and we get ashy, especially in the winter. This keeps the dry ashy look at bay. I don't notice the greasy feel that others describe. Just very moisturizing and emollient. Super cheap and long lasting. My DH and 3 kids use it and it still takes months to use a container. A staple in my home. Oh, Walmart has an equate dupe that is great. Either is a winner.

on 11/17/2007 3:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I started using this product Sunday, as in almost a week ago. Within 3 days, an extremely dry,thick,rough patch had gone completely from the palm of my hand. My hand was smooth and soft after 4 months of suffering with this situation. I discovered this product by reading MUA reviews before i purchase anything new. I want to give back by sharing my experience with Eucerin. I would highly recommend this for any dry skin crisis. It really does work wonders.