MAC Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

4.6

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Ok so i always used eyeshadows to fill in my eyebrows, but wanted to try something different so i got Mac eyebrow pencil in spiked, and i have to say i am in love, Its the perfect color for my dark eyebrows, one negative thing about this pencil is that you can't twist it back down, but i have tried the maybeline define a brow and you can't twist those pencils down either. I will def be repurchasing this eyebrow pencil in spiked again.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Maybelline Line Stylist in Espresso is an exact dupe and 1/3 the price. Same color, texture and packaging. It even wears longer. As an eyeliner it's awful but for the brows it's king. If you're on a budget this little pencil is the way to go :)

i use this everyday. my eyebrows have always been light and all i really need is a little bit, but it looks great on. and this is the only eyebrow pencil i have found that lasts all day. so i dont think it is overrated at all. you can find a shade close to spiked, but nothing will last as long as this does and it doesnt smudge either. i love this stuff!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

IMO: I think spiked is a bit overated! Don't get me wrong, it is a great dark brown/black with NO hint of red in it for brow pencil, but there are many dupes out there that are almost the exact same and way cheaper than this. After years of only using powder (more natural brows) brow fillers I wanted to try something different and decided to get this. I found that my brows almost look unatural to the point of them looking as if they've been painted on (which I hate!) and it comes off a little too dark for my liking. I've also noticed that you don't a lot of product out of this and it runs out quickly. With that being said, I only use this on occasion and not for everyday use. However, I did find a brow pencil that comes very close to spiked that isn't too over powering nor is it as black in color. It is.....Wet n Wild Kohl Brow - Eyeliner pencil in Dark Brown. I stumbled across this gem from my eldest daughter!!! It really is a nice natural looking dark brown (could possibly have a hint of reddish) without any black to it, which btw I prefer. Oh and it only costs $.99. So all in all, it looks like I may have found a fav. and -- it's not spiked!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my HG brow pencil... I tweezed and bleached my brows to basically nothing in high school, and now I have a tiny little line of hairs to work with. MAC's Spiked crayon looks great on my skin color. The shade of brown is dark but not harsh -- my hair is black/brown and this pencil doesn't make me look like i sit down with a sharpie and draw my brows on. The only issue I have with it (if any) is that there isn't any kind of sharpener included in the pencil. I know that it's a wind-up, and it's very thin as it is, but sometimes I really just need a superfine point to get into difficult areas.

Overall, this is a great brow filler. It's a creamy medium, warm brown color with a super fine twist up tip. It's easy to use but it's also easy to put too much on. If you fill in too heavily, the color is much to dark (on me). The packaging is great because it will qualify for a B2M when it's empty and you don't need a sharpener. The only downside is that apparently it will not twist back DOWN so if you twist it up too high, you're in trouble. That shouldn't happen though because it clicks up and you know how much you're twisting out there. I'll definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is my HG brow pencil. My brows are sparse (from shaving as a young Goth - don't do it kids!) and also grow in a weird downwards way - hard to describe but what it means is that if a pencil is too soft, it smudges on the hairs and looks messy, but if too hard it means the line is too visible and looks harsh. This is neither. It's precise enough to make a very defined arch, but soft enough so you can smudge it as much as you need to without the whole thing fading. This is unique in my experience and I've had many complements on my brows since I discovered this product - something that has *never* happened before.

Spiked (described as 'bottle brunette') is a good deep brown, and was the perfect colour to match my chocolate-brown coloured hair (level 4). I'm hearbroken that it no longer works with my newly reddish-blonde hair, but will be trying other shades to see what works and will definitely re-purchase.

I like the packaging, and the color is perfect for my dark brown hair. I honestly don't use this very much because the application is a little too precise and defined for me. I prefer a powder because i looks more natural. I absolutely must use a spoolie to blend this out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

My HG eyebrow pencil! The texture is great - looks very natural on, rather than thick and waxy like some pencils. The self-sharpening point is very convenient, and means you always get a perfect line. I really like the colour, which is a dark brown that doesn't have red tones like some browns. Excellent lasting power. Will definitely keep repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Finally an eyebrow pencil without warm undertones! The description for this colour is "bottle brunette" and once I used it I could see why. I die my hair to be around a 4-5C and up until now other eyebrow pencils have left my eyebrows looking mismatched. Spiked is completely free of any warm tones and instead is a nice neutral medium brown. I will buy this again and again. The only complaint I have is regarding the packaging. Since there is no way to see how much product is actually left, I'm always worried I will run out!

Popular Brows Products