September 1, 2014 | 1923 users online

Brows - MAC - Eyebrows Crayon in Spiked

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 10:57:00 PM More reviews by nattyngeorge

I can't believe I haven't written a review for this yet! This is my absolute HG (Holy Grail) of brow pencils! I am a NC40 skin tone with dark brown hair for reference. I don't think i've ever come across another brow pencil with a perfect color match like this. It is a deep brown with no orange or golden tones. I find that a lot of times, dark brown brow pencils have an orangy tint to them and don't end up matching my brows. This is perfect. Also, the consistency is amazing. I think maybe because its a crayon? I hate when I purchase a brow pencil and it ends up being too smooth or creamy in texture and then I end up with thick, dark, really harsh brows. This applies with the perfect darkness that is not overpowing. I love this pencil!!!! My only complaint is that it runs out sooo fast :( I don't even get a full month use out of this.. and its like $16!? I started only using this on days where I want to look my best so It won't run out as fast.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by Miss_awesome

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

about 6 months ago I had an eyebrow revelation. I decided they were too thin, so I went through loads of different brands of eyebrow pencils and powders, and its just my luck that as soon as I stop wanting them thin, THEY STOP GROWNG. so as I figured I was gonna have to stick with the pencil, I decided to go to my beloved mac. I chose this colour because although I'm a natural brunette, I dye my hair anyway, so 'bottle brunette' is perfect for me. I also completely understand what mac mean wth this shade description; dyed brunette is much ashier, which is why I LOVE this shade. no orangey tones! it lasts quite well throughout the day aswell, but as loads of other people had said, THERE ISNT ENOUGH OF IT! I adore the mechanical design of it as well, I must have about 50 pencil sharpeners but I can never find one when a pencil needs sharpening!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of my makeup items i cant do without and i use to use stud but this color is the best in terms of looking more natural and making my face look more softer since stud was more of a black brown. Besides the fact that i buy this pencil pretty much every 3 wks and the price, i will not use anything else. I still have a lancome, chanel and ysl pencil not really touched bc i much prefer this one. Highly recommend and the fact that i don't need to sharpen it makes it a repurchase in my book.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by sambibabe

For me, this is an okay product. It tends to ball up in one area and sometimes, it goes on too dark, looking totally unnatural. I always have to use brow powder or shadow on top to make it look more natural.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2009 3:29:00 AM More reviews by XP0S3D

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took a risk and bought this product a few days ago and I am GLAD I did! I stood away from this product for the longest time because I always thought it'd create harash lines on my brows (I tend to be heavy handed no matter what).

Anyways, back to the product.. Spiked to me is a nice color that meshes well with my recently dyed jet black hair. It's not TOO warm brown, but rather a nice mix of brown and black.The make-up artist told me to go upwards and use little short strokes. I use this product the most to accentuate the arch of my brows and fill in any sparse areas. Once I finish filling my brows with this, I use a spool (spelling?) to blend everything together. I either finish with MAC's Brow Gel in Show Off or a clear mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 6:06:00 AM More reviews by stardustt

Bought this when my eyebrows got screwed up by eyebrow waxing, and left a hole in my brow so it looked like it broke off ): This saved me from embarrassment until it grew back out, and though i havent really used this since then, i must say that this product is pretty good, looks natural and lasts all day, great to have if you have sparse eyebrows or need to fill in a gap, or shading in to make it look more defined! (: The downside is that you have to be careful not to twist it out too much because you cant twist it back, and the lead might break off if you're too hard with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by besobeso

So I finally caved and ordered my first ever batch of MAC products. For some reason I've always had this thing against them. Well all I can say is that I wish I would have ordered this product a long time ago. This might be the best makeup investment I've ever made. After struggling with brow powders, stencils, pencils I've finally found the HG brow product.

First of all, the color is perfect for us dark haired girls. Every other "brunette" brow product I've used has ended up being too noticeable. Either they were too red/chestnut or too brown. This is an ash brown so even people with very dark brows can get away with using it. My brows are very dark brown, almost black.

Application is easy. You just apply very light strokes to fill in sparse areas. You can also use it to finish the tail on your brow. The end result is a very precise, natural looking brow.

The pencil itself is very very thin. It seems like you have to be careful not to break the tip off of the pencil because it doesn't look like you can move the product back down if you churn too much out. Soo...one lippie off for that. The price is also a little outrageous considering the product is small and let's face it...it's an eyebrow pencil but I think it is worth every penny and I will be re purchasing when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 12:47:00 PM More reviews by dawnerin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My fav item to use to fill in brows by far. My eyebrows are sparse so I like to fill them in to give them shape. I have dark brown hair, but still have to use a light hand to make it look natural. Too much and it could look Joan Crawford. If you use light feathery strokes and go over with an eyebrow brush to blend looks very natural and color is perfect. Much better than powder for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 6:05:00 PM More reviews by HealthBeautified

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best textured eyebrow pencil I have ever used, goes on like a dream and looks natural giving the perfect brow, need me some more of this stuff

LOVE ITT!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2009 6:16:00 AM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this but I don't love it. Maybe that's because it's very expensive here, especially for the amount in the tube. It's ridiculous. The effect is nice though. Looks really natural on my brows, not obvious at all which I really dislike in brow products. I still prefer Sephora brow palette to this one but still I would buy this again..probably on ebay for cheap though.