October 1, 2014 | 1371 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iīm using this as a "handcream" and itīs always in my purse as soon as the autum begins. Itīs really moisturizing and the scent.. oh my gosh the scent... if you love coconut you will want to eat this hehehe I prefer using this during the autum and winter as it makes me feel warm (thinking about the beach, sun, pina coladas...). My sister gave this to me last year as a birthday present (dunno.. lots of people give me beauty kits for birthday.. seems to be known that I like cosmetics, so you will read lots of my reviews beginning with "my *enter name or a relative* gave me this for birthday") with a coconut shower gel and theres still lots of product left so this lasts very long (the shower gel was empty really fast hehehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I love how this smells! I love smells with coconut though. It doesn't sink in too well, but it does moisturize. I find it a bit greasy too. But because of the smell, I love it anyway!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always been a fan of the TBS body butters and this one is no exception. I like the nice coconut scent and it is very moisturizing. The texture is just perfect and it sinks into the skin quite fast. A little goes a long way so it's not that expensive when you think about it.
I will definitely repurchase but I'm also interested in trying more of the scents. I don't love the coconut scent though, I think I will find other scents that are equally as good or maybe even nicer than the coconut one. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a big fan of the Body Shop body butters but when I found better products with better ingredients I kind of gave up on the Body Shop. The other day I was lured into one of the stores due to a big sale they were having and one of my purchases was the coconut body butter. Now I remember why I quit the Body Shop. First of all this body butter, in fact all of the body butters, smells fantastic in the container and when I first apply them to my skin. I love the smell of real coconut but the coconut smell in this butter becomes fake and cheap smelling after it's on for a few minutes. I use organic unrefined coconut oil in a lot of my homemade hair and skin treatments so I'm well aware of what coconut is supposed to smell like and believe me, this butter does not smell like genuine coconut. It has a plastic synthetic smell to it. It also makes me itch which pure coconut does not. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by stellayork

This smells so good! If you are a big fan of coconut scents, you will love this product. I apply the body butter after I have a shower at night and when I wake up the next day I can still smell the coconut scent on my skin. The body butter absorbs quite well but it does leave a little bit of oil residual (which is the coconut oil) on your skin. If you have extreme dry to normal skin I think this body butter will work best for you. The price is a bit expensive compare to other body butters but I think it's definitely worth it, as it smells divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! I love this product!!The smell, the thickness of it, the way it moistures my skin so great!! Itīs smells like pure coconut, but not too sweat or strong!I I can only use in the winter because itīs too thick for summer, itīs the most mosturizing cream/butter/lotion I have ever tried. For me, The body Shop butters (and Premier dead sead butter) are the best in the world, and this is definetly my favorite scent so far. I will repurchase it over and over... I also will buy it in the small size just to carry around with me in my bag =) Highly recomend this product, even though itīs expensive, but it will last you forever since the consistency is very thick and you donīt need too much. Itīs perfect!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by anya_tay

Loved this at first but like the Strawberry Body Butter the scent is too cloying and I will not repurchase. Very moisturizing! If you have dry skin and can handle the strong scent this is a great product for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by pupster

This is my favorite BB by TBS. Love the tropical coconut scent. Richly moisturizing, this is recommended for dry skin. I only use it on my arms and legs and feet, it feels wonderfully soft and seems to deepen and maintain a tan. In the winter, the scent reminds me of summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love coconut...but this does not smell like coconut!!if anything it smells like a plastecine/ playdoh type smell!so i wouldnt buy again at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of body butter in general, which is why the lower rating on this one. I do use it on my heels and if I have a really dry patch but mostly I think it is too thick and doesn't absorb well enough for me to use it most of the time. I would repurchase because this is nice to have around if I do have a need for a thicker cream and I like the scent of this one over the other Body Shop butters. Although I find this too thick it's thinner and absorbs better than some cheaper brands I have tried and it smells less fake to me than other brands, so I would repurchase.