July 24, 2014 | 1014 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a big fan of the Body Shop body butters but when I found better products with better ingredients I kind of gave up on the Body Shop. The other day I was lured into one of the stores due to a big sale they were having and one of my purchases was the coconut body butter. Now I remember why I quit the Body Shop. First of all this body butter, in fact all of the body butters, smells fantastic in the container and when I first apply them to my skin. I love the smell of real coconut but the coconut smell in this butter becomes fake and cheap smelling after it's on for a few minutes. I use organic unrefined coconut oil in a lot of my homemade hair and skin treatments so I'm well aware of what coconut is supposed to smell like and believe me, this butter does not smell like genuine coconut. It has a plastic synthetic smell to it. It also makes me itch which pure coconut does not. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by stellayork

This smells so good! If you are a big fan of coconut scents, you will love this product. I apply the body butter after I have a shower at night and when I wake up the next day I can still smell the coconut scent on my skin. The body butter absorbs quite well but it does leave a little bit of oil residual (which is the coconut oil) on your skin. If you have extreme dry to normal skin I think this body butter will work best for you. The price is a bit expensive compare to other body butters but I think it's definitely worth it, as it smells divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! I love this product!!The smell, the thickness of it, the way it moistures my skin so great!! Itīs smells like pure coconut, but not too sweat or strong!I I can only use in the winter because itīs too thick for summer, itīs the most mosturizing cream/butter/lotion I have ever tried. For me, The body Shop butters (and Premier dead sead butter) are the best in the world, and this is definetly my favorite scent so far. I will repurchase it over and over... I also will buy it in the small size just to carry around with me in my bag =) Highly recomend this product, even though itīs expensive, but it will last you forever since the consistency is very thick and you donīt need too much. Itīs perfect!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by anya_tay

Loved this at first but like the Strawberry Body Butter the scent is too cloying and I will not repurchase. Very moisturizing! If you have dry skin and can handle the strong scent this is a great product for you.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by pupster

This is my favorite BB by TBS. Love the tropical coconut scent. Richly moisturizing, this is recommended for dry skin. I only use it on my arms and legs and feet, it feels wonderfully soft and seems to deepen and maintain a tan. In the winter, the scent reminds me of summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love coconut...but this does not smell like coconut!!if anything it smells like a plastecine/ playdoh type smell!so i wouldnt buy again at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of body butter in general, which is why the lower rating on this one. I do use it on my heels and if I have a really dry patch but mostly I think it is too thick and doesn't absorb well enough for me to use it most of the time. I would repurchase because this is nice to have around if I do have a need for a thicker cream and I like the scent of this one over the other Body Shop butters. Although I find this too thick it's thinner and absorbs better than some cheaper brands I have tried and it smells less fake to me than other brands, so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells gorrrgeoous and does a good job of mositurising! It is difficult to get the product out onto your fingers because you have to rub it a bit as it's not like a runny lotion but it is a really good product, bit expensive though so I bought the smaller pot for Ģ4!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this since I've been in middle school (I'm 24 years old now) It's great for anyone with dry skin like me. I usually put this on after a shower or on my elbows if they feel dry. I think that it absorbs quite well. It has a really nice coconut scent that I've never tired of. It's really a classic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this product about six years ago, and I've never looked back !

The coconut scent it leaves on your skin is absolutely gorgeous, and though it can be a little greasy, it's fine for my dry skin.
It comes in robust packaging and lasts for ages - as the title suggests, the consistency is like that of butter - and so its easy to ration once you get towards the end. However, this wont be for quite some time.

Really lovely product, recommend to anyone !