April 21, 2014 | 877 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2010 9:05:00 AM More reviews by pupster

This is my favorite BB by TBS. Love the tropical coconut scent. Richly moisturizing, this is recommended for dry skin. I only use it on my arms and legs and feet, it feels wonderfully soft and seems to deepen and maintain a tan. In the winter, the scent reminds me of summer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 9:02:00 AM More reviews by lauren5millar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i love coconut...but this does not smell like coconut!!if anything it smells like a plastecine/ playdoh type smell!so i wouldnt buy again at all!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 1:05:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I am not a fan of body butter in general, which is why the lower rating on this one. I do use it on my heels and if I have a really dry patch but mostly I think it is too thick and doesn't absorb well enough for me to use it most of the time. I would repurchase because this is nice to have around if I do have a need for a thicker cream and I like the scent of this one over the other Body Shop butters. Although I find this too thick it's thinner and absorbs better than some cheaper brands I have tried and it smells less fake to me than other brands, so I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This smells gorrrgeoous and does a good job of mositurising! It is difficult to get the product out onto your fingers because you have to rub it a bit as it's not like a runny lotion but it is a really good product, bit expensive though so I bought the smaller pot for 4!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2010 8:41:00 PM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I've been buying this since I've been in middle school (I'm 24 years old now) It's great for anyone with dry skin like me. I usually put this on after a shower or on my elbows if they feel dry. I think that it absorbs quite well. It has a really nice coconut scent that I've never tired of. It's really a classic for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kf1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first used this product about six years ago, and I've never looked back !

The coconut scent it leaves on your skin is absolutely gorgeous, and though it can be a little greasy, it's fine for my dry skin.
It comes in robust packaging and lasts for ages - as the title suggests, the consistency is like that of butter - and so its easy to ration once you get towards the end. However, this wont be for quite some time.

Really lovely product, recommend to anyone !

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I love the sweet coconut smell of this product! It's a pretty strong smell that lasts long, so everyone comments on the coconut smell after I've used this. It's a good moisturizer for dry skin, not the best as it can be a bit greasy, but it works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by JulesGrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like TBS body butters as a general rule but find a lot of the scents to be a bit overpowering. Not so with this one. The scent is a sweet, gentle coconut, with hints of caramel that layers easily with other scents since it is not overpowering. Unlike bodylotions, it comes packaged in a tub which I really like since I get every single drop out of it. Going on, it is a bit thick and greasy if you apply to dry skin. I solve it by misting my skin before application which means I can use less product, it sinks in faster and my skin feels more hydrated. I do wish it did not contain silicones, because if it did not, it would have been close to my perfect body moisturiser since it is easy to decide how heavy you want it to be. I also love this for my hands.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by kara86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the smell of this but find it too greasy for me. I also am not a fan of the jar - it is very awkward getting the lid on and off with greasy hands. I love coconut but I think there are better products out there for me. I like the coconut products in the victorias secret line better (sold at La Senza in Canada).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 8:09:00 AM More reviews by sarahcurll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The scent of this product is so off putting and I love coconut scented products. It was fairly moisturizing however a little too sticky for my hands.