November 22, 2014 | 1814 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchase this in the fall/winter along with the Mango butter. I have very dry skin in the cooler months and I love The Body Shop butters (for dry skin) to keep me moisturized and smooth. I love the scent of this product, it smells like coconut but also slightly tropical... it reminds me of the scent of the Hawaiian Tropic tanning oils. Loveee it. I always get a thousand compliments on how I "smell delicious", sometimes from complete strangers, so that's always nice! The texture is a bit thicker than the other butters, but works amazingly well.... it keeps all the scaley/dry bits at bay and makes my entire body super soft. I feel hydrated after using it. I especially love this before I go outside, because it almost acts as a barrier between the cold and my skin. I use this all over, including on my face... just don't do that if you're acne prone or something, might not be a good idea... But for me, it's an amazing winter night cream and locks all the moisture into my face. I always stock up when these go on sale for 3 for $30... I will definately repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

This butter is very moisturising but I find the smell really overpowering. I normally adore coconut aromas but this butter has very sharp notes when on my body. Maybe the chemistry of my body doesn't work well with it just like it happens with perfumes...I went to sleep with it on and felt quite sick from the smell.

I do love the feeling of it on the skin. It is fairly thick and makes my skin very smooth. I recommend it to those who are not bothered by the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by organized

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did buy this, twice.

The scent is heavenly, and until I found Soap and Glory's Righteous Butter, it was the best consistency hand cream I'd found that would work well in a "sample jar" in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iīm using this as a "handcream" and itīs always in my purse as soon as the autum begins. Itīs really moisturizing and the scent.. oh my gosh the scent... if you love coconut you will want to eat this hehehe I prefer using this during the autum and winter as it makes me feel warm (thinking about the beach, sun, pina coladas...). My sister gave this to me last year as a birthday present (dunno.. lots of people give me beauty kits for birthday.. seems to be known that I like cosmetics, so you will read lots of my reviews beginning with "my *enter name or a relative* gave me this for birthday") with a coconut shower gel and theres still lots of product left so this lasts very long (the shower gel was empty really fast hehehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I love how this smells! I love smells with coconut though. It doesn't sink in too well, but it does moisturize. I find it a bit greasy too. But because of the smell, I love it anyway!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always been a fan of the TBS body butters and this one is no exception. I like the nice coconut scent and it is very moisturizing. The texture is just perfect and it sinks into the skin quite fast. A little goes a long way so it's not that expensive when you think about it.
I will definitely repurchase but I'm also interested in trying more of the scents. I don't love the coconut scent though, I think I will find other scents that are equally as good or maybe even nicer than the coconut one. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a big fan of the Body Shop body butters but when I found better products with better ingredients I kind of gave up on the Body Shop. The other day I was lured into one of the stores due to a big sale they were having and one of my purchases was the coconut body butter. Now I remember why I quit the Body Shop. First of all this body butter, in fact all of the body butters, smells fantastic in the container and when I first apply them to my skin. I love the smell of real coconut but the coconut smell in this butter becomes fake and cheap smelling after it's on for a few minutes. I use organic unrefined coconut oil in a lot of my homemade hair and skin treatments so I'm well aware of what coconut is supposed to smell like and believe me, this butter does not smell like genuine coconut. It has a plastic synthetic smell to it. It also makes me itch which pure coconut does not. I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 9:39:00 AM More reviews by stellayork

This smells so good! If you are a big fan of coconut scents, you will love this product. I apply the body butter after I have a shower at night and when I wake up the next day I can still smell the coconut scent on my skin. The body butter absorbs quite well but it does leave a little bit of oil residual (which is the coconut oil) on your skin. If you have extreme dry to normal skin I think this body butter will work best for you. The price is a bit expensive compare to other body butters but I think it's definitely worth it, as it smells divine!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2010 11:29:00 PM More reviews by dehmorais

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG! I love this product!!The smell, the thickness of it, the way it moistures my skin so great!! Itīs smells like pure coconut, but not too sweat or strong!I I can only use in the winter because itīs too thick for summer, itīs the most mosturizing cream/butter/lotion I have ever tried. For me, The body Shop butters (and Premier dead sead butter) are the best in the world, and this is definetly my favorite scent so far. I will repurchase it over and over... I also will buy it in the small size just to carry around with me in my bag =) Highly recomend this product, even though itīs expensive, but it will last you forever since the consistency is very thick and you donīt need too much. Itīs perfect!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:41:00 PM More reviews by anya_tay

Loved this at first but like the Strawberry Body Butter the scent is too cloying and I will not repurchase. Very moisturizing! If you have dry skin and can handle the strong scent this is a great product for you.