The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I love this! It feels super luxurious on your skin, but it's definitely to use it in winter when your skin tends to be drier in the cold..And of course the smell is delicious, and reminds of a sunny beach holiday :)

on 4/7/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love it. I wash my hands a lot during the day and this helps keep them soft and not sore in between. The smell is great but not over powering. I wish you didnt have to dip your fingers in to get it out, I hate when it gets under my finger nails. But really moisturizing and not greasy at all.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I recently bought this at my local Sephora. I was originally going to buy the one in Mango but I thought that Coconut smelled better. I love this product so much! Every time I apply this on my hands and arms, it smells like I'm on the beach in Florida. Sadly, I don't live by a beach but I love going to Florida:)

on 3/20/2011 2:59:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love the smell of this butter! It's a very subtle, creamy coconut. I love it for summer and every time i wear it, someone says "You smell like coconut, i like it." I prefer not to use it on my legs however, because it doesn't sink in very well and leaves an icky sticky feeling, and when you wear pants it feels disgusting. So i'll use it at night and it has tons of time so absorb. I only took off a lippie because it can feel very sticky, which i don't like. It's more of a bed-time moisturizer. Also, i have cats and with such a sticky product on my skin ... well, it's just not pleasant. Good moisture for my dry skin though!

on 3/14/2011 6:00:00 PM

TBS Body Butters run for $20 a jar and it lasts me forever! It's a thick consistency because it's for drier skin. But for me, I bought it just becuz I love the smell and it is the only body butter/lotion I use!

on 1/30/2011 2:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this body butter in a small size in a christmas gift set, and I've been using it every night on my hands before I go to sleep. While they do feel moisturized after use, it wears off. It's doing nothing for my dry cuticles despiste rubbing the body butter around them every night. I do like the thick, creamy consistency of this; however both myself and my boyfriend think that this product smells more like cream cheese than coconut......

on 1/29/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've usually been a fan of TBS products, but it seems like the body butters doesn't do anything for me in the long run. I've got dry to very dry skin, in the winter time my skin is like fish skin.
This body butter smells OK, maybe a little to synthetic, but it's too greasy. It takes a while before it gets absorbed, so it feel sticky on the skin for a while. The smell also lingers and sets in the clothes. The skin does how ever feels kind of moist for a while, but you have to reapply kind of often to keep it moist. I think that this body butter may be better for skins that lacks fat and not moist, but that's just my conclusion.

I just found the large size jar for 50% off, so naturally I bought two. I love the scent in the summer. It's very moisturizing and is great for very dry feet, legs, elbows, hands.

on 1/18/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Although the scent did smell synthetic, that isn't what bothered me so much. What bothered me was the way it felt on my skin. My skin has been dryer than normal so I wanted to try this in place of my normal moisturizer. It felt SO disgusting on my skin. . . sticky. . . like I had been sweating. I try to find the best in things (hence the 2 lippies for the semi-okay smell) but I really don't see how people enjoy this product. Yuck!

on 1/4/2011 5:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Nice scent, not too strong and it gives you a.... Tropical feeling... I guess. But whatevs, it feels good and moisturizes well. However too pricey for only 200ml. I will not use this precious butter everyday, maybe every once or twice in a week when my body's on the mood to be pampered.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products