Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

on 10/2/2008 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

i got this in transparency 4 plus to use as a bronzer. there is SO much makeup in the container. i dont wear foundation so it comes off pretty easily on me. it was worth the money though. the only reason i wont buy it again is because i dont know if i will ever use it all! hated the brush though. its way too small.

on 9/25/2008 1:41:00 PM

I have been trying this in the invisible blend shade. This was a freebie in a GWP but I will buy the full size when it runs out. This may replace my HG Merle Norman Luxiva flawless effect loose powder in translucent, this seems to be much finer milled and absorbs oil better in my T zone. Coverage is nice and light and breathable.

on 9/18/2008 5:34:00 PM

Great stuff that everyone should have in their arsenal. It is great at setting my foundation and smoothing out anything that was not already covered. A nice and light powder that never looks powdery.

on 8/21/2008 2:43:00 PM

I got this in number20 invisible blend, it is not transparent as what they claimed it supposed to be, it just adds a little color to my skin, other than that, it is pretty good

on 8/3/2008 4:54:00 PM

It's just eh. I think this product is finely milled and keeps oil at bay, however it makes an awful mess. I mean even if you're super careful when dipping your brush in, I feel like this gets on my clothes, my towels, and all over my vanity. I still have a ton left and I'll use it when I run out of my NEW HG (MUFE HD powder, which I'll review seperately) and I'm not crazy about the little brush it comes with. It's just too small if you're doing your whole face. Just eh, nothing overly special about this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I simply adore this powder! I apply a very light coating on top of my foundation to set the makeup, and it works very well. It helps to conceal flaws in addition to setting the foundation, and it can be worn alone or over the foundation. With this powder, a little goes a long way and it really does seem to shrink the pores while illuminating the skin. This powder really helps to create the flawless finish that we all strive for. I've been using this powder for over a year and I swear by it! Every woman really does need this stuff, it's just that great!

on 6/25/2008 8:55:00 AM

Although I love Clinique, I've got to take a pass on this powder. But, it's not for lack of trying. I originally bought this in Transparancy 3 and I guess it was OK. It's a finely milled powder that applies smoothly (but not with that silly brush that comes with the product) and doesn't look chalky on your skin. But, this colour did give me a bit of colour that worked with some foundations and not with others. And, the oil control didn't seem that great. So, I was really excited to try to new Invisible Blend. I figured a "no colour" colour would solve the problem I found with Transparancy 3. But, the Invisible Blend tends to make me look a little, shall I say, "deathy." I suppose I could custom blend the two powders together, but it's not worth it IMO because this is just an average powder. I have two fairly full containers left and will not repurchase.

on 6/20/2008 3:16:00 PM

I used this powder in transparency neutral for probably 10 years, usually just under my eyes to keep my eye makeup from migrating. It is sheer, light and never cakes on my dryish, sensitive skin. When I want to use it on my whole face, it's great, too. But I really hate loose powder, so I have switched to Laura Mercier pressed powder which has a lovely, light texture, is not messy, and travels well.

on 6/20/2008 6:17:00 AM

I don't use the brush that came with this but a big soft powder brush instead. The powder itself is finely milled and really gives skin a flawless look, no shimmer or radiance effects but rather a matte but very natural look. Doesn't sink in to pores or look cakey. It's also fairly good at keeping shine to a minimum on my combo skin although I need to reapply midday. I would buy this again because of the good results but I had to take a lippie off because of the bad packaging. I can't exactly put my finger on exactly what it is but you can't dust powder into the lid because the holes in the can are way too big and you'll end up with tons of powder all over your bathroom. Ehm, well, you'll end up with tons of powder all over your bathroom no matter how you do it. Feels like a waste.

on 6/10/2008 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think Clinique Blended Face Powder in #08 Transparency Neutral was the first MU item I ever purchased. A nice loose powder that doesn't upset my dry, sensitive skin and a good match for my neutral- to cool toned NW10-15 complexion. This powder gives quite a matte finish whereas I prefer a slightly more glowy, satin finish so I often reach for my Clinique Derma-White Brightening Loose Powder or my Chanel Poudre Douce #Rosee but still this no-frills loose powder will always be a staple for me! Update: La Mer Loose Powder in #Translucent blows every other loose powder out of the water; I'll stick with that one from now on. *Pic in My Profile*
Ingredients: talc, zinc stearate, magnesium carbonate, kaolin, squalane, isopropyl myristate, trisodium edta, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben. May contain: titanium dioxide (CI 77891), mica, iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), bismuth oxychloride (CI 77163), ultramarines (CI 77007), manganese violet (CI 77742), carmine (CI 75470), ferric ferrocyanide (CI 77510).