April 18, 2014 | 1795 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by cookiecasey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin, especially since I am taking accutane. I only need a pea sized amount to exfoliate my entire face and it works so well. It gets rid of my dry flakes without irritating my skin. It also leaves my skin feeling like a baby's butt! I would definitely reccommend this to accutane users and those with dry or sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:07:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaColorCoatedLife

I have sensitive, fair, combination skin with a little redness in the cheeks. For many, many years I have been using St. Ives products because they do not irritate my skin or make it feel dry (I really hate when products leave my skin feeling tight or dry after washing my face). My three Fresh products are: Fresh Skin Apricot Cleanser, Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub, Fresh Skin and Total Indulgence Indulge Coconut Milk & Orchid Extract Body Lotion. I only use the body lotion on my hands and body touch-ups. I use a thicker moisturizing body lotion to relieve the dry skin that cannot be taken care of by any of St. Ives' products. I have a large tub of the exfoliated scrub and use it on my entire body 2-4 times a month. I don't use it on my face because I find that scrubs to be too irritating on my face's sensitive skin. The daily cleanser has microbeads anyway so I feel like I can skip the harsh exfoliating. I am giving this product a rating of 4 out of 5 only because they do not have a facial moisturizing product with SPF which is why I don't use their Fresh Skin Collagen Esastin Facial Moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by hellokatie1618

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am in love with the smell, but even when I use the sensitive version and use the lightest massaging motion possible, it still irritates my sensitive skin and makes me break out. I do not recommend for eczema sufferers.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by nikki2212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

There is not much too say for this product except that I have tried most variations of the St.Ives Apricot scrub but have found them all to be the same in their effect - too harsh on the skin!

Unless you have very hardy skin that suffers neither dryness or sensitivity then you will find this leaves your face red and raw. It is better to use plastic, smooth beads mixed into your cleanser than jagged shell pieces, and even better (and cheaper!) is to use light circular motions with a face cloth if you desire a mechanical exfoliant. This scrub did not help reduce my blackheads or even out my skin tone or anything, there are no pro's for me to be plain.

I tried to use up this scrub on my body but it still irritated.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 7:01:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I have used this (original) scrub for years. I keep a tube in the shower and use it about once or twice a week. It's so economical. Walmart carries it for under $5.00. I read an article about "exfoliation" and how it's the secret to keeping your skin youthful and line-free.

I did try the age-defying version of the exfoliating scrub by St. Ives but it's just not the same and I found it hard to rinse off. The original is the gem!

I believe the secret to any skincare is to be gentle. Don't scrub too hard. Just use light pressure and let the product do the work for you. Anything too harsh and you will damage the top layer of skin.

It does not cause any strange reaction for me and leaves my skin smooth and glowing. I've been trying to scale back my skin care and make it simpler. This is another staple product!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 1:48:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

This scrub is alright. It doesn't particularly do anything. You could exfoliate with a brush it would do the same job. The smell isn't particularly nice, the product itself isn't something special, its more of a pointless pamper product, but unless its necessary I wouldn't waste money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by misscoutureland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The scrub itself is ok, it makes your skin feels nice and smooth, however i feel the beads in this are way to harsh, as people have said below this could definitely cause tears in the skin. Also the ingredients are not that great, alcohol etc.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 6:34:00 PM More reviews by Complectus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this scrub for over two years and thought it was great, it makes your face feel clean and smooth but there are some very bad things about it. The beads in this scrub cause microscopic tears on your skin, which is certainly not good..
You should only use scrubs with plastic beads on your face and only use this on rougher skin on your body.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by MiddleCyclone

I can't rave enough about this scrub.

Why I love it:

- it's perfect for body and face
- it preps legs amazingly for shaving and leaves my legs silky smooth
- it preps underarms amazingly for shaving and prevents the little shaving bumps
- it makes my facial skin less oily
- it has made all my acne scars disappear
- I find it works one thousand times better than a super expensive spa microdermabrasion treatment and the super expensive Demalogica Microfoliant
- it's cheap and easy to find
- one jar of it lasts for awhile
- it is perfect for sensitive skin
- doesn't irritate or cause redness

I absolutely love it! This is a staple in my skin care routine.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by glam1012

I don't know what you ladies are talking about because this is amazing. Every St Ives product I've tried it is just AWESOME. This scrub is to scrub away dead skin cells.. they have scrubs for sensitive skin as well which I adore. They are also very cheap - only 3-4 dollars!