September 2, 2014 | 1091 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and I use this once a week in conjunction with other acne treatments. People say it makes tears in your skin, and that might be true but not for me. If you use a dime size and let the beads do the work instead of scrubbing like a maniac you might see a difference. I know I do. I love this stuff but be careful...it's a scrub. Not meant to be used everyday ! 3x a week at the most !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by savannahxoh

I don't care what anyone says about this being harmful to your skin. If it works, it works. I've been duped into ditching this scrub for Lush's Ocean Salt, and I will forever hold that against Lush. They told me "St. Ives leaves microscopic scarring and cuts on your face." What they did not tell me is that their Ocean Salt Scrub would GIVE MY CONSTANT CLEAR SKIN ACNE LIKE CRAZY. I should have known, there were all sorts of oils, vodka, and lime juice in it. Salt is extremely harsh and drying, too. St. Ives works absolute miracles. Any exfoliant is going to "scratch your face," that's the whole point of exfoliating dead skin cells off, for Christ's sake. You just must be gentle. This scrub will clear your acne, it has kept me clear for years. So cheap, can buy it anywhere, convenient packing that won't gather bacteria, all around great product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent of this scrub, but it's just too harsh to use on my skin. I use a wet washcloth to exfoliate nightly & a leave on 10% aha treatment a few times per week with great results :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been a part of my beauty routine for over 15 years now! The exfoliant is large-grained, and my view is that it's too harsh for daily use. But for me it's great as a weekly exfoliating treatment! A little bit goes a long way. I use light circular motions on my cheeks and forehead in the shower. It polishes my skin and makes it feel smooth. This is a product I will always have on hand for exfoliation! In that regard it is HG for me.

I deducted 2 lippies because it's too harsh to use as a "daily cleanser" and I think people can damage their skin if they use this long-term on a daily basis. I know a lot of people do but they shouldn't. The grains, like I said, are too coarse and using this heavily can tear and damage the skin! Use gently and occasionally for best results!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by amoebaseven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister and I have almost identical skin types. She has been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for more than 10 years now. Her skin is a disaster! The scrub tears your pores open and damages skin!! My sister's face looks cratered and her pores are huge. We both have oily skin, but mine is in much better shape because I stopped using this damaging scrub!

Of course it feels good and smells good in the short term, but beware of long term, irreversible damage!

Find a scrub with smaller beads and less abrasiveness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by apricot292

love the smell! Makes my skin look bright and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meeeh, I got this stuff during a double coupon day at Pharmasave and so I got it for super cheap so I figured I'd try it out. I have really dry, flaky skin and so I like a really tough exfoliator to make my skin nice and smooth, which this does! My only issue with it is that I can never get it off. Like seriously, if you use this, you will be pulling little apricot flavored beads out of your hair like and crevices between your nose all day. Like there is no possible way to get them all off, I've tried. So it was a good-ish product but it's definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by wileenkristanto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the one true product which i swear by for the past 8 years. I love how this scrub feels like a scrub. It's a true exfoliant, and leaves your skin fresh and smooth after a single wash.

This product is creamy, with a lot of beads. These beads seem to be crushed up seeds? I'm not too sure, but rest assure they're not synthetic. Don't seem like it anyways.

I usually use this after a tense soccer practice to get the mud out of my skin, and also after a long day of makeup on.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:00:00 PM More reviews by JaneChemi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i'm on my third tube of this stuff. its's simply amazing. it keeps my skin soft but doesn't irritate my face.i keep it in the shower so i agree with the other reviewer that the water build up is annoying. it obviously hasnt kept me from repurchasing. i usually hate artificial peach smell but this on is actually kind of refreshing. it's not overly sweet and it doesnt linger for too long

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

There are two containers: a squeeze tube and a jar. The tube is better. It fits in the shower and is more sanitary. Now, about the grains. They are rather big but they don't hurt. Yes, you don't want them in your eyes. But the payoff is worth it. Skin is refreshed and clear. I use it once or twice a week. :)