St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 6/22/2014 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I never had acne growing up, only the occasional pimple around that time of the month. I went through two years of college with clear skin but then last year around finals time, I wasn't taking care of my skin. I would wake up, splash some water on my face without doing my usual face ritual and sometimes slap makeup on my face. I had long days of drinking soda to keep me awake to study for exams, working long hours, eating at ungodly hours of the night, and then had the nerve to go to bed without washing my face :/ (poor skin). Soda is death for my skin and usually if I drink it I can break out within hours (former Coca-Cola addict) but I can drink a bottle of water to clear it up. But what I did to my skin was TRAGIC!! My skin was horrible, I had milia bumps all over my face as well as active pimples and they wouldn't go away. For the first time in my life I was embarrassed to go outside without makeup and then trying to cover it up only made it worse. So I bought the St. Ives apricot scrub and started to use it and I didn't see anything happening. So I went online and looked at how people got rid of their acne without having to get prescriptions and such. I read about how dermatologists give prescriptions with Retinol (Vitamin A) and how it's good to clear up acne. I looked up over the counter Retinol products that weren't expensive and I came down to two. 1) ROC retinol correxion deep wrinkle serum with retinol. It worked but very slowly. It's a wrinkle cream so there are a lot of other ingredients in it. I used it for about 1 month but it was really slow in recovering my skin. So I tried the Nuance Salma Hayek overnight time-release retinol capsules and let me tell you, I've found the truth! it's a bit pricey for jar but it definitely works. All reviews on this product have been positive and I will be the next person to vouch for it. In just two uses, my skin has cleared up so much. So let me just tell you how I cleanse my skin and what I did to clear it up.
1) If I have an oily face or some left over makeup I use Olay foaming face wash
2) I use the St.Ives apricot scrub to get rid of those blackheads and just give my face a good scrub
3) pat dry my face and then use a cotton ball and some Witch Hazel to tone my skin.
4) I use the Nuance Salma Hayek overnight time-release retinol capsules at night and go to sleep.
5) In the morning I use my scrub, Witch Hazel, and my Clinique dramatically different moisturizing gel for everyday use.

Just a few suggestions:

Water is definitely my best friend now. Before, I could drink a two liter Coke by myself in a half hour. (I know -__- it was that bad) Try to replace your sugary drinks (even cranberry juice can break you out) with fruit infused water (cucumber and lemon are my favorite) or green tea and peppermint tea.

Staying consistent with your routine is your best bet. I've used witch hazel before I had acne and it just kept my skin from breaking out so I knew I could trust it to help out my skin. Give your routine at least one month before moving onto different products.

I can't stress enough to stop touching your face. I know sometimes we forget and we may have a little itch, but just try to prevent yourself from slathering oils and dirt from your finger tips all over your face.

Don't pop or pick at your pimples!!! They just leave dark marks (acne scars) but the Nuance is helping to clear that up.

Everyone has different skin, so what may work for me may not work for you, but I hope this helps someone.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions about what you do, feel free to respond.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

silly me thought it was okay to use this morning AND night.. every night and i ended up damaging my skin really bad. this is fine when your skin needs a quick exfoliation but nothing more than once a week. my problem with this product is my fault but it's just so harsh imo

on 6/18/2014 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have been using this product for many years now and it never fails. During the winter months, I find it to be a bit harsh on the skin, so take only a little come winter. It smells really good, so no worries about that. Every time I have gotten a blemish, I would rub this on the blemish and it would disappear slightly each time. I have tried other scrubs, but this one takes the cake. You can't beat the price either. If you leave it in the shower, the cap might have water in it, so if you're packing it in your suitcase, put it in a Ziploc first.

on 6/14/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have used every drugstore and department store face wash, scrub, mask, you name it. I have acne-prone skin and A LOT of acne scars. I picked this up after a friend recommended it, I rarely exfoliated in the past thinking that it wouldn't help much and would just irritate my skin.

Every since I used this in conjunction with Cerave moisturizer, my skin has cleared up dramatically. I do have my few pimples but nowhere near the disaster I had before. And the exfoliating has helped smooth out my skin and acne scars. The exfoliation sloughs off dead skin and washes the oil right off of your face but doesn't leave your skin dry.

I've bought like 10 of these so far because both my fiance and I use it. I even use it on my chest and neck where I break out in the summer or when I work out.

I recommend you acne-prone skinned women to give it a try, it's cheap at Walmart!

on 6/10/2014 5:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

i dont use this all the time. when i accidentally fall asleep with my make up on, half groggy and asleep, i will use this stuff to scrub off everything and slather on moisturizer.
its nice in the way that it can just get rid of everything on your face in one step. not fantastic, but thats what i use it for.

on 5/23/2014 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I've been using this exfoliating scrub for almost ten years and it always makes my skin smooth without drying it out. I use this 2-3 times a week, and the other days I use Dove beauty bar. I've also used the gentle version of this scrub, which works just as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

amazing!

on 5/20/2014 5:58:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a 42 year old man and I've been using this product since my teenage years. I remember when it in came in a tub with a screw off lid. This product does a good job at cleaning my face of dirt and dead skin. I only use it 3-4 times a week on the days that I shave my face and it works great to prep my face for shaving. I use a daily cleanser after I use the scrub but I could probably just use this. It feels very invigorating to scrub my face with this product. My skin definitely looks clean and feels softer after I use St. Ives. It is very inexpensive and can always be found on sale somewhere. I usually pay about $2.50 per tube which lasts about 3-4 weeks. You only need to use a small quarter size circle of the product for your whole face and neck. Several companies have made knock-offs of this product and I have used a few when the store was out of St. Ives. I couldn't find much difference between the products, but I am a loyal St. Ives consumer.

on 5/14/2014 7:00:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

To be honest, I think this leaves a nasty slick on the skin after use. I much prefer my clairisonic or philosophy micro delivery for exfoliation. The price is great, but the product is just ok. Love the smell though

on 5/13/2014 5:44:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I've tried several scrub exfoliants all of which have been much more expensive than this one, however, none of the scrubs I have tried match St Ives. I use the original formula and it's great for my combination skin, it's slightly moisturising yet not greasy afterwards and doesn't irritate my skin like some do. It does an amazing job at removing dead skin cells and fake tan and for £1.49 I can't recommend this product more!