Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a good hand cream with light texture that soaks into the skin easily and leaves it soft and hydrated especially now in the winter. Sadly, I am allergic to this product. I get tiny blisters on my hands each time I use it. I haven't experienced this with any other hand creams. This product is good, but I have other hand creams that to the job and don't leave me with blisters.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

a great basic hand cream. no bells and whistles or pretty packaging, just moisture and some soothing relief to those with chronically dry hands and cuticles such as myself. it's not too slippery/greasy, which i appreciate (doesn't get fingerprints all over everything), and fast absorbing, so it's great to use on the go. i buy it from time to time when i run out of whatever other cream i've been suckered into buying - the price is good, the tube contains quite a bit of cream, and while it doesn't have any nail treatment or fancy ingredients built in, it moisturizes and soothes my ragged cuticles. don't use too much or it may feel a bit dirty on your hands, just a dab'll do ya.

bonus: you can use this to soothe your nose when you've blown it too much and it's all raw and burning; i've also used it on chapped lips (it tastes yucky but it will protect them until you can get your hands on some lip balm), very sparingly, and on my boyfriend's dry skin with great success. continued >>

It's a very thick hand cream so if you have a dry, cracking hands, this could help. Mind you, it's very thick though, so a little bit goes a long way. If you put too much, your hands will look white. haha
I just took off one lippy because it's boring. I like to have hand creams that smell nice and look pretty since i'll be carrying it around with me all the time.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Been using this since I was a little kid...my mom used the unscented stuff on us for chapped lips and super dry skin in winter (we go down to -50C where I live!!) and this stuff is MAGICAL!!!!!!! When my lips are super chapped, literally *nothing else works* to bring them back to smooth and awesome. Non greasy and it is the glycerin in this that works magic!! Recommend to anyone!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

That's actually a nice cream for the night use. I normally put an enormous amount onto my hands and put my moisturizing gloves. It works really well, my hands are smooth and soft in the morning. The only con is: there's nothing unique about this product, there are a lot of alternatives for better price

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Dry skin + frequent hand-washing + indoor heat = painful, dry, cracked, and often bleeding hands. This is one of the few hand creams I've tried that actually helps with it. It does feel a bit greasy at first but it soaks in quickly and really heals and protects my hands. They feel so soft when I use this regularly. I have even used it on my face when I get dry patches there. I will definitely repurchase and highly recommend.

NOTE: Get the fragrance-free version. I made the mistake of buying the fragranced kind and it stings when my hands are cracked--the fragrance-free formula does not.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

If you're looking for something to cure your dry ellbows, dry knees, cracked lips, etc. this stuff is AMAZING! I stumbled upon this when I was trying to find a moisturiser/cream specifically for my hands. When I got home and opened it up I was disappointed to find that this was actually thick in substance.

I read the back of the tube and it said it was for elbows, hands, lips, etc. etc.

So I figured that this was designed for those REALLY dry areas. I put it on my weenuses (elbow skin) and I was amazed. My elbow skin had never been smoother. I decided to put this on my lips and although it mightn't taste too nice my LIPS ARE LIKE HEAVEN!!!!

I used to LOVE this product. They changed it last year and now I can't stand it.

First, they added a scent. It is not just overpowering, it is offensive. If you like to wear perfume, the scent of this hand cream will over power it.

Secondly, they have made it greasier. It was always a challenge to work in to your hands, but that was what made it work. However, it was creamier and the white residue would absorb in to your skin after a few minutes, leaving even my sandpaper, cracked, winter chapped hands soft again. Now, I'm left with a greasy coating that doesn't absorb.

Sometimes, new isn't better!

Works really, really well. Its very thick though so I only use it at night but this is a truly good hand cream. Reasonably priced too.

EDIT: I have been researching a lot about parabens recently and I am disappointed to see that Neutrogena contains a lot of them. Hopefully this will change, until then I am using Moogoo. I am also avoiding sulfates and this unfortunately has sodium sulfate in it too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this hand cream for 6 years now. My mom purchased this hand cream for me in the dead of winter when my hands were so dry that I had cuts and scabs on my knuckles from washing my hands too often (I was scared of getting the flu). This was a miracle worker and continues to be my go-to hand cream. I love the thickness of it- I apply a dap to both hands before I go to sleep and it works wonders. My hands get really, really dry and this cream helps to prevent dryness. I can feel the difference the next day when I fall asleep without applying this. I will continue to purchase this over and over again. I wish they packaged the product in a bigger bottle though so I wouldn't have to re-purchase as often.