September 20, 2014 | 1641 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

By far the best hand cream I've used! I've tried all different supermarket hand creams; nivea, dove, vaseline, palmers - all of which didn't work as well for me. I'd been on the hunt for a good hand cream, one that isn't greasy, absorbs instantly and moisturises my dry hands in winter. Makeup Alley brought me to neutrogena and I'm glad it did!
I did have really dry, cracked and sore fingertips and after afew days of using this, my fingers were back to normal! You only need a tiny amount and it absorbs instantly but you do have to rub it in well to distribute it. What I love most about this is that it gives your hands grip! Because I'm constanlty looking and flicking through sheets of paper, the worst thing is not having any grip/moisture in your hands, but this does the trick VERY well and it lasts and lasts!
The only down side: the screw lid, I'd prefer a flip-top lid, just so its easier

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

I love this stuff! I was having really dry hands this past winter and this saved them from being raw and red. I used it on dry spots on my face as well, and it definitely helped without giving me a zit.

It was hard to find again, so I bought some other Vaseline hand cream, which doesn't work that well at all. Definitely worth getting while it's in stock. I don't know if they were having problems getting it in or what, but I couldn't find it anywhere for a while. Might just be because I live in a smaller city in Canada.

Definitely buy this, and do what the tube says and use just a dab. A big blob will definitely make you greasy. Remember you can always add more, but it's hard to take it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used to use this quite often in the winter. It's more of a hand cream to use at night, due to the greasiness of it. It does moisturize very well, and the smell is nice.

However, once I discovered Moisture Therapy Intensive hand cream from Avon, I quit buying this. The Moisture Therapy comes in a bigger tube for less money. And Avon often has the Moisture Therapy tubes on sale 3 for $5. The Avon works as well and is extremely similar to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by cancorso

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Great product! Have been using it for about 8 years now!
lancome absolute mains is awesome too!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by Operadelain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have extremely dry hands and I live in the desert so I constantly have to put some sort of lotion on my hands. This is one of my favorite hand creams. It is thick and takes a short amount of time to fully sink in but it makes my hands feel soft and moisturized. A small amount is really all that is needed,...if too much is put on it is difficult to rub in all the way. I also like that it stays around on my hands for a good amount of time. Not that I can feel a layer of it on my skin but rather that I don't feel the need to reapply it often because it has disappeared. It doesn't feel greasy or slippery. I use the fragrance free version and always have a tube of this in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by AYS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is fantastic. I started using it years and years ago when I worked in a hotel as a chamber maid. My hands get dry and uncomfortable after being washed to often or immersed in water and other hand creams relieve this for about 15 minutes after using and sometimes leave an unpleasant residue. However just a tiny dab of this and my hands feel completely back to normal. I've been using it for so long that I forget how great this product. Remember that you don't need to use as much as normal hand cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by bebexlove

I decided to give this product a try after all the rave reviews on here.. oi.. not good.. I usually put on my lotion after I wash my hands and pat them dry (but not completely dry, just a little bit of water left on my skin) and then I put on my hand lotion so it 'soaks' in better (for me anyways). This lotion had left my hands sticky and pretty tacky and gross.. Ugh.. I will be sticking to my current HG (Eucerin Calming Creme).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I live in a cold climate in the wintertime and have used this off and on for years. I remember my mom using it when she lived in the midwest, as well. A little dab will moisturize your hands--too much will leave them greasy as heck. It's good to apply at bedtime and you wake to lovely, soft hands. This also comes in an unscented version. This dense creme also works well on dry elbows, knees, heels or wherever your skin needs some extra pampering.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 7:53:00 AM More reviews by vrouwen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OMG, this is the BEST product ever. I first got it from my aunt, technically she gave it to my mom then my mom gave to me. First time I used it I felt my hand so smooth and did not give the sticky feeling to it. I read on the packaging it can also be used on lips, or any place with dry skin. I use it everyday on my lips and since then I never used any lip balm anymore...

I know Neutrogena also have the lip balm cream product however we don't have it in my country. I checked it on ebay or online, and it's more expensive than this hand cream. I swear by this product, as I always bring it with me while I am traveling from Korea, Hongkong, Indonesia, Canada...

I also notice from ebay they have this little tube for like 60cents and I am planning to buy it soon to give it to my friends. I love this product 10/10

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 10:35:00 PM More reviews by SignedJuliet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff! The cracks and rough spots on my hands from my job instantly go away after using this. Very satisfied.