Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub

3.9

Water, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Polyethylene, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycol Distearate, Stearic acid, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylates, Crosspolymer, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Salicylic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Agar, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide, Red 30 Lake, Fragrance

on 6/3/2008 10:06:00 PM

No matter what I buy, I keep coming back to this. It's the only thing that actually helps prevent my skin from breaking out. I've tried St Ives, Simple, L'Oreal, Nivea, J&J, Garnier and a whole lot more that I've forgotten, but whenever I start breaking out from these, I always run back to Neutrogena. Nothing else seems to clean my skin as much as this - it does dry out my skin a bit and I think this is the salicylic acid, but I've found a moisturiser that counteracts that. If i feel it's being too rough, I'll just use it an night time, and use the Clinique facial soap in the morning. I had a friend who had acne, and her dermatologist suggested she use Neutrogena and her skin cleared right up. No matter what I do, I think I'll always keep a bottle of this by my sink.
EDIT: YES! definitely my HG daily cleanser/scrub thingy. if i wake up and my skin's looking a little dull or if a spot has appeared, i'll wash my face with this, and the redness will be reduced instantly and my face will look clearer. i'm a sucker for new products, so i keep buying new stuff, but i dont think i could ever let go of this beauty.

on 5/26/2008 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am very happy with this cleanser. For one, I have rosacea and my face is easily irritated by usually every product so it is very hard for me to find one that won't irritate my skin. This makes my face feel so smooth and I think has actually helped skin tone a little bit. I bought another product recently since this one is running out... and I'm returning it and going back to this one because none have worked as good for me than the Neutrogena gentle cleanser

on 5/16/2008 2:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is a good gentle scub. It has a nice creamy formula with small exfoliating beads that certainly do the job without scratching/tearing the skin. I could see an improvement in my skin tone and smoothness after use.
BUT one lippy off for the toxic chemical effect - whenever I washed this off the fumes somehow ended up down my nose leaving me with a temporarily sore throat and disgusting taste. Not a pleasant experience and not a good sign about the potential impact on my health! Disappointing, as I would repurchase if it wasnt for that.

on 5/9/2008 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this product randomly and i took it for granted! it worked so well, made my face fresh and just really nice, but then i never get "attached" to any products some always looking for something better, and i bought another neutrogena gentle scrub for anti-stress or something and is not nearly as good as this one. i miss it now, but i am waiting till i am done with the anti-stress one.

on 5/2/2008 4:34:00 AM

This product is like an old friend of mine. I've been using it for many years and i just love it so much. I have dry skin, but i used it as my 2nd cleanser at night or after exercise. It leaves my skin feeling fresh, soft and smooth. It cleanses without over drying my skin. I like the light citrus smell too.

I will continue using it and would recommend it to my friends.

This was a great scrub and it cleared my skin up almost right away-however it does have a strong citrus scent that reminds me of like dishsoap.

on 4/5/2008 5:56:00 AM

I have this habit of being too lazy to properly clean my face with a cleanser becuase i don't wear that much make up. BAD MISTAKE. I started getting all these tiny bumps which i presume are from clogged pores. You can't see them, unless in the sun, but I can certainly feel them when i touch my face, especially around my forehead, it's disgusting.

So...I started using this scrub and after the very first wash my face felt SO CLEAN and best of all it doesn't dry up your skin. Been using it for two weeks now and it hasn't miracously made all these bumps dissapear but it sure had eliminated them and you can tell and feel the difference!

on 4/1/2008 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My HG scrub. I have 4 different scrubs in rotation right now (this one, Clinique 7 day scrub, Almay skin brightening scrub, some Avon scrub) and this is the only one I use regularly - the others just as not as good, even the Clinique which cost twice as much. I use this in the shower once or twice a week and it keeps my face free of little bumps and whiteheads and pre-pimples. Seems pretty gentle but works.

on 3/27/2008 7:45:00 PM

I buy this over and over because I like how it removes my flakes but wouldn´t dare to use it outside the shower because the beads are so hard to rinse off in the sink.
The salicylic acid is a nice touch, funny how the "BHA" seems fancier.
I like the citrus scent, it´s a nice wake-me up.
However, I use Aveeno Brightening Daily Scrub when I wash my face am/pm (although the beads are very small, they do not irritate my acne prone skin).

Great scrub! It's gentle and ideal for everyday use. I like the small exfoliating beads, leaves my skin feeling smoother. I recommend this, it's cheap and works well. Does exactly what it says on the packaging. But i won't be buying again due to my acne.