July 24, 2014 | 1603 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

for a girl who is on a budget, def pick this up to clarify the gunk on ur hair! smells good and only a whole buck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For 79 cents this is an awesome value. I use a lot of hair products in my hair and this gets it all out just as well as Pantene clarifying does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

this was a pleasant surprise! ive tried many clarifying shampoos and they typically leave my hair residue-free but frazzled and dry.

i picked this up because it was 77 cents. cant beat the price! as i was rinsing it out my hair did feel rather stripped and tangled, so i applied conditioner to the ends and let it air-dry overnight. i figured the results would be equal to other clarifying shampoos in the past. clean, though slightly straw-like.

i couldnt believe it when i woke up today to shiny, bouncy hair--and ive never been able to use bouncy as an adjective to describe my hair before! it feels clean and light, and smells great. thanks to the recession, im finding more and more cheap-o products like this that do the job of higher priced equivalents just as well! ok jk about the recession part. but really, give this a shot!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2009 8:48:00 PM More reviews by glitterspritz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is cheap and smells great. However, I have sensitive skin and Psoriasis and after about 3 washes my head feels all itchy. Even my hands dry out!

I recommend this to other people, with less sensitive skin...and I will use it once a week or so until it's gone, but I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2009 1:58:00 PM More reviews by jolson428

Great shampoo for only $1--seriously, you can't beat that! Since its a clarifying shampoo I only use it once a week and it leaves my hair soft, bouncy, and shiny. I also bought the conditioner which is just as good and only $1 too, I will purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by KEF3189

I love this shampoo! My hair lately has been looking very dull and flat and seems to get greasy towards the end of the day so today on my way home I stopped at CVS to get a clarifying shampoo. I've tried Neutrogena and hated it and have tried many other brands that I didn't like and I didn't have much money on me so I grabbed this and thought that at the price, if I didn't like it I wouldn't be too upset.

Wow, as I was washing my hair I expected it to feel dried out and get tangled up, which is what I'm used to from clarifying shampoos and it didn't at all, it felt so soft that I was tempted to not use a conditioner (I did though, just to be safe) so I got out of the shower, combed through my hair with a wide tooth comb with no snags!!! I skipped my volumizing mousse and took a nap, when I woke up my hair was so bouncy and full of volume and shiny and healthy looking! I can't believe a 99 cent shampoo can work such wonders! Not to mention that I'll only use it probably once a week so the bottle will last me a good amount of time!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I hated this at first, but once I got rid of the other shampoos in my shower that were causing insane buildup and started washing my scalp differently (gently massaging my roots as opposed to furiously scrubbing away), I found this to work quite well. And the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate doesn't dry me out either. But granted, I only use this after every five to seven shampoos, depending on what my regular shampoo is. I don't use it every day, so I can't tell you what that would do to your hair. Overall though, it does do its job at removing buildup. Love the scent too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 8:44:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was using Pantene's clarifying shampoo but it totally dried out my hair & made it too squeaky. VO5 is great! It lathers well, smells great & my hair is soft & shiny plus it gets all the product off my hair gently! Cheap & it is great! I use this then use my Kerastse Sain Batin 3 after then condition. My hair looks & smells amazing! I will use this every other week. :)

UPDATE: I find this drying & I only use it every few weeks I need to find a better alternative! :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2008 10:28:00 PM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This does smell really good, its really cheap, it does lather really well and it will truly clarify hair. However, I cannot recommend it because it and ALL the Vo5 shampoos contain sodium lauryl sulfate which is very drying to the hair. Once a week or so as a clarifier probably won't dry your hair out to bad but White Rain Extra Body or Regular shampoo works just as good for the same price but without the drying ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by polemonium

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

What a terrific shampoo! My hair is chin length, fine, thin, and lightened a little. It is oily at the roots and dry on the ends. It's baby hair. Then there's the city water, so high in calcium that you could drink it as a supplement.

This mildly scented shampoo cleans my hair without stripping, rinses well, and leaves my delicate locks easy to comb through without the need for any other product. i use it every day, and find it quite gentle for a clarifier. So far, no scalp irritation so far (in contrast to the otherwise good clarifying shampoo by Neutrogena).

It's an extraordinarily fine product.