September 22, 2014 | 1282 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2007 7:16:00 PM More reviews by janicepetals

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i've been using this product for about 2 years now. Its one of few products I've kept using rather than just a once off trial. I was surprised that it rates so mediocrely on MUA.

This product contains heaps of multi-vitamins and is recommended by "Dont go to the cosmetic counter without me" (book).

It does contain some rose water which is an irritant but only in very small amounts and does not break me out.

The first time i used it my skin glowed the next day. This has become my test for 'keeper-products'. I think its worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2007 9:38:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I tried the sample first. It worked like a dream. So i went ahead and get the 100ml (30ml - S$110, 100ml - S$228). I also gets a GWP sample (25ml) during one promotion.This is the 1st most expensive skincare i ever bought in all my 30 years.

I put the whole bottle in the fridge cos it will spolit easily in Singapore climate. I just refill my deluxe sample bottle.

I forget why i stopped using this gem (Thanks goddness i put this in the fridge). I just used this back yesterday. My acne marks is less angry, seems to calm down alot alot. Now am trying hard to finish my 100ml bottle as the expiry date is Jun 08. HRG does not help in reducing acne or pimples, but good for red marks.

If only this is not that expensive. I will buy and buy again. cos 100ml bottle can last for 9 - 12 months.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by jumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I have found this product to be fairly average. It's quite soothing but otherwise no glow, no evening of skin texture, barely moisturises. Most of my skin is fairly oily so I thought I might be able to get away with using it on its own but it leaves my skin quite tacky and makeup doesn't go over it properly, so I definitely have to wear a moisturiser over the top.
It's quite nice as an eyecream because it seems to cool and soothe. Another use for it I've found is if I have caked on too much makeup/powder I'll lightly pat some over my makeup to look more dewy.

Overall a resounding 'meh'

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 3:39:00 PM More reviews by anatomie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is a miracle worker! It is quite expensive, but definitely good value for money as Jurlique is so concentrated that you only need to use a tiny squirt each time. The full size is the better value by far & i wouldn't consider buying the smaller size for this reason. My sister and I share a full size bottle and it lasts between 6-9 months! It is also safe to use on the eye area and makes an excellent eye cream. Like everything else from Jurlique, the gel smells divine & is organic, not tested on animals etc. The only downside is that it feels slightly sticky for a few seconds when you first press it on but it dries very quickly. It is not moisturising enough to use alone I find, but is the best serum treatment for under a moisturiser. Also this product needs to "patted" on the face, not "rubbed"! I can't recommend this gel enough - it seriously does change your skin & make it glow. Most dramatic change i noticed was in skin texture & an even balance of hydration throughout the day (i.e. no oily/dry patches)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2007 6:20:00 PM More reviews by assenav

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using it for 3 years, it's really good. Very light and easy to absorb, smells great too. My skin is calmed and renewed. However you need to be patient to see the actually result.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/29/2007 12:17:00 AM More reviews by lil_katapillar

Made my break out like crazy. For the first 2 weeks all was well, then i broke out in pimples all over my forehead and nose. I looked like a pizza. I will never use this product again. Over priced, and did nothing for me except made me look ridiculous.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2007 5:04:00 AM More reviews by kristymiyake

I didnt like this product at all. I used it while my mother-in-law was staying over at our house and she had purchased it and let me tried it. I heard it was the most popular product in the line but when I used it the smell!! ARGH it made my eyes watery, even my mother-in-law complained that the smell didn't seem organic, it was so strong!! I felt like alcohol was splashed into my eyes. The product didn't give me breakout and i think it was nice eventually after my eyes gained sight again, but still the experience of putting it on was just putting me off. Another thing was that coz the bottle was glass, sometimes i found it difficult to hold when my hands are a bit oily from using other products or whatever, it feels like it can slip out of my hands any moment...so beware...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2007 4:23:00 AM More reviews by cup_cakes

Very soothing. I use this in the evening in place of any night creams and wake up to skin that is calm and soothed. i've had some skin sensitivity lately and this takes care of it perfectly. Feel that pores have tightened and skin tone brightened. As it is oil-free, I apply this even over areas with acne.

Also, I like the smell and find it very pleasurable to use.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2007 7:17:00 AM More reviews by tluic

i bought this because a friend raved about it, and i'm a Jurlique fan... i was probably wrong because she has dry skin, but i have combination oily skin. this gel did nothing to me after i finished the whole bottle, did really tighten up nothing great indeed. however i believe the ingredients will help my skin, so i still use it when i get samples or free gift-size bottle of it, i won't buy it again though. Note to you girls who hate the smell, i think they got rid of that strong scent, the gift size i got few months ago has a very light, natural scent, so you may want to give it a try again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2007 7:55:00 PM More reviews by eleonoraditoledo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I am now on my second bottle and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Herbal Recovery Gel! Yes, it is sticky and weird, but it has completely weaned me off of wearing foundation! It evened out my skin tone and cleared up whiteheads that I had gotten from another brand. So now, instead of covering up my skin, I am showing it off. I am 44. As recommended by my SA, it is the only moisturizer I wear at night.