July 28, 2014 | 1454 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 5:34:00 PM More reviews by briii

i usuallly dont like revlons foundaions but this foundation reminds me alot of mac studio tech foundaiton, which is my everyday foundation. I have never had any problem with mac studio tech causing me to break out, but i know alot of people have. I think that if you love the studio tech foundation but its causing your sking to go crazy, then you should try this one from revlon. its so creamy and blendable. it has really nice coverage, and it lasts long if you set it with a good setting powder. other wise you'll be reapplying it throughout the day. i love this foundation. it has good coverage while still looking natural :) good job revlon!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Elle000

Have not found better for my skin out of all the department store products! I hate the "I'm wearing foundation look" yet I have slight discoloration and this covers perfectly. With my combination skin it is not too dry and not oily at all. I have pale skin in the winter but in the summer I turn golden and the tender peach 02 color works perfectly year round. This is my sole foundation besides the revolon colorstay blemish concealer wand for when I get the occasional breakout. Being in the compact with the mirror makes it really easy for people who are in a hurry...blends in really fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ILuvyorkies

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVEEE THIS PRODUCT! I have been using this for about 4 years. It is one of the only foundations that doesn't breakout my skin <3 It has really good coverage (very minor acne blemishes/scars) and also looks natural. I agree that it doesn't last to long, but I've found that the trick is to put this on first and then dust your face with a light coat of mineral powder (not to much or it looks cakey and make sure your face is moistuized). When I do this I actually get complimented on my skin and it lasts throughout the whole day!!!! HG shoutout!! I can't go anwhere w/out this product <3 I'm in love!!! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 10:49:00 AM More reviews by gloss15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this product is the only drugstore compact foundation that, i think, is closest to department store quality.I'm wearing drugstore over department store because i'm rather low- maintenance. the packaging isn't bulky, but the compact is large enough and the sponge lasts a really long time, and is easy to refill. At one time i was considering l'oreals true match compact foundation, but i didn't like the packaging. revlon's packaging is sleek and classic. color selection is okay...most stores carry all shades 01 (ivory beige) to 12 (caramel) and then 16 (which i think is cool beige). I was in CVS and i knew caramel would be too dark once it settled into my skin after application, so i made the mistake of choosing natural tan, which wasn't exactly too light, but i didn't really match my skin. So i went to a store with a wider selection of shades and i found 11 rich tan, which matches exactly.

the finish is powdery, but not a heavy powdery, but a light texture. I actually like this makeup better than color stay liquid because it doesn't settle into my pores as much. I did only start wearing this in the winter, so i'm not sure how the texture will be in humidity.

overall, this is a good foundation. i would recommend this to oily/combination skin. although drier skins could wear it too with a moisturizer underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2010 1:25:00 PM More reviews by CharlaR

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think this is a good foundation for older skin, especially if dry. Does not settle
into lines and wrinkles. Wears off if your day is very long.

My favorite way to use this is as a creme blush. I dot a small amount about
one or two shades darker than my foundation, along my cheekbones. Love
the dewy look and provides extra coverage so I can keep my foundation
light.

I would buy again, for the blush effect alone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/4/2010 12:49:00 PM More reviews by kiwigurly89

I really wanted to like this!! I used to use covergirl aquasmooth and i like it except that it turned me orange so I thought id give this a try. I absolutly hate it!! It goes on greasy and never dries! It also acentuates my dry spots. I do like the packageing...but i think this is overpriced!! I will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/28/2010 1:03:00 PM More reviews by telly744

If you have sensitive skin, stay away. This makes me break-out after a couple of hours of wear. The coverage is good for the price, though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 6:05:00 AM More reviews by shuzo

I had forgotten about this product after reading reviews a while back and wanting to try it. The only issue I found was the very limited choice of colours in Boots, they had about 3 colours so I couldn't try it. I then continued to use my mineral foundation but really wanted to change as I was sick of the powdery look I felt I always had. Once again in Boots, I tried the lightest colour they had (03 sand beige) and thought it was a pretty good match for my pale-golden asian skin. I like the creamy consistency of this foundation - it goes on very well with a brush as I don't use the sponge provided unless for top-ups throughout the day. The coverage is just enough to cover my uneven skintone and blemishes (using a bit more with a concealer brush). Overall I really like this product as I think it gives me a nice dewy look without looking too made up. I haven't found it's borken me out (any more than usual) and I will continue to purchase for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by nmquinnn

I absolutely LOVE this BUT it breaks me out. If your skin can handle it, it's wonderful.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2010 7:55:00 PM More reviews by daisycakes21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

so i bought this a while back thinking i might start using a new foundation and one being creme where i cud carry it with me and reapply if nything while i was at school or elsewhere. it was ok at first, i really liked it. but the color was just off. i got it in the shade honey beige which turns out is way darker than my skin tone. i also found it a bit too creamy for me and made me shiny looking, which i did not want. after a while i found it made me break out. overall i did not like it and thought it was a waste of money in the end.