September 20, 2014 | 929 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful warm brown laced with gold. I love how it brings out my green eyes. I will wear it in the crease with either All That Glitters or Satin Taupe on the lid. Patina is also beautiful with Mulch on the crease.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 2:09:00 AM More reviews by SharonWT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this e/s. It's not exactly what I was looking for but I'm happy with it. I use it as a wash of color all over my crease and lid along with texture in the inner corner. (I'm a smokey eye kinda girl.)
It's not as pigmented as I would've expected but it's good as a wash of bronze plus gold shimmery specks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by dea2407

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
pigmentation: 4
texture: 4
blendable?: 4
colour-fast: 3
versatile?: 4
staying power: 5
TOTAL POINTS: 24 of 30 = good

This is a very special colour for me. A mixture of bronze and brown with gold and (in my opinion) even some olive undertones. And this is what I like so much about it. It looks great with my green eyes. I also like to play with it and I'm often suprised how other colours suddenly look when they are applied over or underneath Mulch.
My con is, that for some looks, the colour is a little too special for me. It's also very shimmery and not everyone will like that. So I wouldn't say it's an every-day colour necessarily. There are lots of other browns and bronzes for that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lovely medium warm brown with golden coppery undertones. Nice addition to my brown collection. I find this highly pigmented and with my fair complexion, I need to use it sparsely to achieve my desired results. I found out the hard way the first few times I used this shadow!! :) I can't see myself hitting the pan anytime soon, but when I do, I will for sure repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/24/2010 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Roxxy6341

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Mulch was one of the first colors I ever bought from mac. Mulch is a pigmented warm brown, with a golden plummy undertone. Mulch is a perfect color for warm toned skin, and can be used all over the eye. I personally use Mulch in the crease, or as an all over color for going out.
I love this shadow and will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Rullo34

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:43:00 AM More reviews by hsmluver525

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow. It's my first MAC eyeshadow, and it is GORGEOUS. I'm dark, so it's a perfect lid color for me. I wear it everyday. It's amazing, and I'm repurchasing as soon as I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by appey01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is quite possibly my favorite MAC eyeshadow and I sadly have A LOT of Mac's shadows along with everything else but - I reach for this pretty much everyday. I use this as an all over lid color - crease color - eye liner. It's such a versatile shadow and really brings out my green eyes. You need to have this in your kit!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:02:00 PM More reviews by jay45

I love MAC eyeshadows and usually stick to more natural earthy tones. This brown shade was a little darker then I wanted but it works well to acheive smoky eyes. I like the little bit of sparkle it has in it, and the ease as to which it goes on. It seems to stay put all day long.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 11:48:00 AM More reviews by nikki5

Mulch is my go-to crease/outer corner color. It is a beautiful deep brown with gold shimmer. It looks great on the eyes and blends like a dream. To me this is warmer shade so for cool toned gals the red undertones in this, you might not like. I apply with a light hand, as I am cool-neutral. My favorite shades to pair this with..Patina on the lid with this in the crease is faboosh!! (pixiwoo did a tutorial on this, great combo). All that Glitters looks good on the lid as well (this also runs warm). Another fav pairing is the new WnW Nutty e/s single, nice balance of cool and warm toned shades.

Since I only use this for crease work, I have had this color for a few years and just about hitting pan. I have, however, discovered a pretty good dupe from WnW, so I am not sure if I will re-purchase. If you look at the WnW Vanity palette, there is a shimmery brown shade that is pretty darn close to Mulch. I tried both, putting one on each eye and could not tell the difference. So I am in a pickle on re-purchasing...$4 for 6 shadows I use vs. $14 for one. I don't want to knock lippies off for that though, because this is a great, flattering shade with many e/s. Def one of the favorite e/s I have tried from MAC.