MAC Velvet - Mulch

4.5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Its not an eyeshadow i reach for everyday, i find you have to apply it heavily in order for it to show up. I don't think i would buy this one again.

on 7/6/2010 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

If you asked me to name my favorite MAC eyeshadows, I probably wouldn't think of this, and yet I use it all the time. It's just a workhorse dark brown shimmery shadow. It goes with so many looks. It's not too red, not too gold, not too chunky (like Tempting, which is another favorite, but a little harder to work with). I've hit pan on this and will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Beautiful warm brown laced with gold. I love how it brings out my green eyes. I will wear it in the crease with either All That Glitters or Satin Taupe on the lid. Patina is also beautiful with Mulch on the crease.

on 7/2/2010 2:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this e/s. It's not exactly what I was looking for but I'm happy with it. I use it as a wash of color all over my crease and lid along with texture in the inner corner. (I'm a smokey eye kinda girl.)
It's not as pigmented as I would've expected but it's good as a wash of bronze plus gold shimmery specks.

on 7/1/2010 9:38:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
pigmentation: 4
texture: 4
blendable?: 4
colour-fast: 3
versatile?: 4
staying power: 5
TOTAL POINTS: 24 of 30 = good

This is a very special colour for me. A mixture of bronze and brown with gold and (in my opinion) even some olive undertones. And this is what I like so much about it. It looks great with my green eyes. I also like to play with it and I'm often suprised how other colours suddenly look when they are applied over or underneath Mulch.
My con is, that for some looks, the colour is a little too special for me. It's also very shimmery and not everyone will like that. So I wouldn't say it's an every-day colour necessarily. There are lots of other browns and bronzes for that.

on 6/25/2010 2:23:00 AM

Lovely medium warm brown with golden coppery undertones. Nice addition to my brown collection. I find this highly pigmented and with my fair complexion, I need to use it sparsely to achieve my desired results. I found out the hard way the first few times I used this shadow!! :) I can't see myself hitting the pan anytime soon, but when I do, I will for sure repurchase.

on 6/24/2010 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mulch was one of the first colors I ever bought from mac. Mulch is a pigmented warm brown, with a golden plummy undertone. Mulch is a perfect color for warm toned skin, and can be used all over the eye. I personally use Mulch in the crease, or as an all over color for going out.
I love this shadow and will continue to repurchase.

on 6/20/2010 11:05:00 AM

on 6/20/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This is my absolute favorite eyeshadow. It's my first MAC eyeshadow, and it is GORGEOUS. I'm dark, so it's a perfect lid color for me. I wear it everyday. It's amazing, and I'm repurchasing as soon as I run out.

on 6/17/2010 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is quite possibly my favorite MAC eyeshadow and I sadly have A LOT of Mac's shadows along with everything else but - I reach for this pretty much everyday. I use this as an all over lid color - crease color - eye liner. It's such a versatile shadow and really brings out my green eyes. You need to have this in your kit!

Top Rated MAC Products