September 1, 2014 | 1974 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Can't believe that avene doesn't show the whole ingredients list on the net! After I'd purchased this, and started using it I realized that this does NOT contain only "pure water".

This contains 10,6 mg/l of Silica, among many other minerals and ingredients. Silica is very, very drying to me, at least at my skin.... There are a lot of powders and skincare products I hardly can use cause of the content of silica. Yes, it surely gives you that "adstringent" feeling, as "shrinking" pores and drying out oils, BUT if you have acne prone skin as an adult you usually also have sensitive skin... It's not only oily and thick....my skin is really, really reactive and sensitive...and thin.

This toner made my face dry, not moisturized... And when you read the content, you understand... Minerals can of course also be drying!!

Stay out of this if you have sensitive, acne prone skin....

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by FakeLashes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have dry and eczema sensitive skin and this spray really soothes my skin when it feels tight after taking my make-up off. It calmes my skin down and it's also great to use after you put on your make-up to make the skin more moist.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:20:00 PM More reviews by MissBronx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yes!!! a can of water spray.. but it works wonder on my skin. Refreshing and set the foundation well. So what I do after clean my face, spray with avene thermal water, wipe my face with clean towel or tissue, apply mouisture, and foundation.. olalala you are ready to go!! Or sometimes if im lazy to wash my face I just spray the thermal water and powder. This is magical spray :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 4:26:00 PM More reviews by stls

I like Avene's Thermal Water and would repurchase but it's not a ''must have'' for me.
I have combo acne prone skin and I use it when I want a soothing and refreshing mist. Works well but I don't need it, really.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 8:00:00 AM More reviews by Afrocutie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Yes, it is water in a can. No not fairy pee that will give u luminous gorgeous skin in less than 2 mins.
I live in London, the water here is v. hard with lots of chemicals. I am between homes right now so getting a tap & shower filter is out for now. So after cleansing I use this to tone, I just spray my face and let it dry on its own. That tight drawn feeling from washing is taken away. I do feel that it has contributed to clearing my adult acne and the inflammation that came with it. But that is just my experience.
I have used LRP and Evian, Vichy but Avene seems to provide a little something more to my skin.
I would say if you live in a soft water area u prob don't need this beyond having the spray in ur handbag to cool down on hot days. But in harsh water areas it can make a small difference to your skin.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by kailingggg

Gotten the Thermal Water at an atrium sale and Omg.. I LOVE IT.. I spray it on immediately after I've washed my face to retain the moisture in my skin. After my skin absorbed it, it felt really smooth, soft and hydrated. Like I've just gotten a facial which is super amazing. I have oily dehydrated skin, so this spray is just the thing for me! It keeps your face hydrated without adding on all the weight and stickiness of creams and gels which can oil up your face. Highly recommended it to people with dry and sensitive skin. You need to try it out. Plus, it is not that pricey at all. Given the effects it have, the price is really not that bad

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by RedLipsCatEyes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for setting makeup although as for the other claims I'm not thoroughly convinced. My skin leans towards dry and this doesn't hydrate my skin. I would recommend this for more oily skin that experiences shine throughout the day. As far as evening skin tone, Antioxidant Hydramist from Dermalogica works much better for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Logan696

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in a set (full size+travel size). I held back for a while buying this because its priced at 22 dollars in Canada. When i saw this set for 12.99 plus travel size i had to get it!. I only purchased this stuff for setting my makeup and getting rid of redness of my face. I cant say to much about those purposes, however i do suffer from eczema on my face. I have tried many things to make it go away, but nothing has helped. This does! my eczema is almost gone!. I have yet to try this for after shaving but i hope it does something.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by melllm

I think this is my favorite thermal water. This is really good for sensitive skin. I like to use this as a refresher or when my skin is irritated. It's nice to use after exfoliating too or after moisturizing. I don't however particularly like this for setting my makeup though.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 10:20:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. I use this after cleansing and my face is just happier. Any redness in my face seems to disappear almost instantly after I mist on Avene Thermal Water. The mist is very fine and is unscented. I have repurchased and I recommend.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No