Revlon Lash Fantasy Mascara

3.1

on 2/26/2008 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this along with several other drug store brands to see if I could even come close to a mascara that could rival my Lancome Definicils and Flextencils. Frankly, I am sick of spending well over $20 every 3 months for mascara when I'd rather spend it on other beauty products. I have tried several other brands of high end mascaras and was pretty disappointed. Anyway- I bought this because I really wanted to try the primer. I am partial to Lancome's Cils Booster and I still really love it. Revlon's Lash Fantasy is surprisingly decent for me. The primer itself seemed cheap and a very wierd consistency the first two uses, but after that it worked great. Then for the actual mascara: well, let's just say I actually like it MORE than Definicils. It doesn't clump on me at all.....I have found that if I don't use any primer at all and try to apply more than two layers, then yes- it will clump and look cheap. But with a light application of Cils Booster primer, this mascara looks great. It does not do a lot for volume, but I don't prefer the thick lashes look anyway. I want length and separation without clumping and definition, all of which this mascara provides. It also doesn't flake on me or smudge. So overall, I am pretty darn happy with this. Now my only test is to see how long it lasts before it gets dry. If it lasts at least a month for me before I replace it, I am perfectly happy to do so, because I will still spend less than what I normally do and have a fresh tube every 4 weeks. So far, this is a great find for me. Next time though, I will look for the mascara only and not their built-in primer, not a huge fan of that portion of this product.

on 2/17/2008 11:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like this product for the PRIMER ONLY. It was the first primer I used and it worked well for what I was looking for. I wanted a primer that would not allow my mascaras to run, smudge, flake, or 'bleed' under my eyes as I don't like to wear waterproof products for easier removal. And I wanted something that made my lashes look more defined (I have average lashes in length and thickness). The primer worked very well and was still easy to remove with my DHC Deep Cleansing Oil make up remover. I didn't rate it with more lippies because I don't like the mascara and I don't like that Revlon sells this as a dual product only. I would definitely buy their primer if they packaged it separately.

on 2/5/2008 12:01:00 AM

I got a black duo at Walgreens only 1.59,and it really work well for me ,the primer can hold the lashs for a better curl and the balck mascara add more length and volume.I do like the natural soft feelig of the lashs, my other mascaras made my lashs messy over the lid.
The only problem is it a little dry,but it really worth the money I paid.

on 2/3/2008 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this in the water-proof version. I like the primer but not the mascara. The mascara was really clumpy. I just wish revlon would sell a mascara primer.
Update 6/28/08: It was the primer that clumped my lashes. I only used the mascara since it thickened my lashes. But then it started to flake. I threw it in the trash.

on 1/27/2008 1:33:00 PM

CRAP in a tube..I should have known better, but no, I waisted the 9.99 only to get it home and realize that not only does the primer not coat the lashes, but even if it did the mascara formula was dry and gave absolutely no lengthening or thickness. Back to lash injection I go

on 1/6/2008 4:48:00 PM

I love this mascara. I was drawn to the elegance of the packaging. Other mascara/primer duos are huge but this one is sleek and compact. It works very well. There were no clumps when I applied - the first of any mascara I have tried. It holds the curl well. It's not "5 times the lashes" but let's face it, there's no way to add more lashes with a mascara.

on 12/20/2007 2:47:00 PM

hhahahahah. What a waste of money that was. It just made my lashes super clumpy and dry and I kept getting my face all dirty from it. Never going there again.

on 12/1/2007 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had high hopes for this mascara, because it was rated in a magazine as the year's best mascara. I was really disappointed. The brush is widely spaced and therefore does not separate lashes, but insted forces then together, looking really clumpy. Definetely not a fan.

on 11/24/2007 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I found the primer to be clumpy and goopy and hard to cover with the mascara. The mascara formula ended up dry and flaky on my lashes and overall, I ended up with a spidery effect. I've gotten much better results from other mascaras sans primer.

on 11/16/2007 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Revlon Lash Fantasy is a mascara/primer duo. It came about when primers were burgeoning and really hit the mark.

There are two ways you can apply, for different effect (with either method, the primer will produce thicker lashes). One is to layer on the primer and immediately follow with mascara. This combines the two formulas (as the primer is still wet) and ends up making longer, straighter lashes, you can kind of "shape," as though you were using lash-mousse.

The other is to apply the primer and let it dry (this takes about 2 minutes), and then apply mascara. The difference is that after the primer dries, it curls your lashes up a bit.

Revlon Lash Fantasy is effective and versatile. It does the trick of both shaping and thickening lashes and is a product that totally enhances my own makeup routine.