October 31, 2014 | 1466 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2011 10:20:00 PM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I stopped wearing perfume LONG ago....but after receiving a sample of this with my sephora order, I am in love. I will go and buy the full size bottle. At first I thought maybe I wouldn't spring for the full size because the only thing I don't like about it is the powdery smell in it...but...it really does mesmerize me and I can't resist the smell...I find myself wanting to wear it even if I am staying home...just so I can smell myself....I haven't asked myself out on a date yet but I'm considering it.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by PeeWeeScaresMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a sample vial of this from Sephora, and while I like that it's complex and unique, the scent has way too much licorice in it! To be fair, I am not particularly fond of licorice to begin with, but I did not expect the licorice to be this overwhelming. I suppose this scent might wear better on someone else, but it's no good on me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 1:23:00 PM More reviews by kateST

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

when I received the gift set, I could smell it from the box, and it smelled like a mix between baby powder and donna korran kashmere mist (sp?). BUT:

upon application, on me, it smells like aqualina's pink sugar minus the licorice, very sweet. on the complete dry down it smells like violets and something sugary, it also seems to have a tiny bit of a tangy kick. it definately smells woodsy, sweet and flowery, it's very complex. It does have an element of mistery to it, as some reviewers mentioned- dark forest and fairies, which is a factor that makes me want to reach for this scent.

Unfortunately the lasting power is horrible, lotion+EDP= less than an hour of full enjoyment. It sticks better to my clothing than to my skin.
The bottle is adorable, I absolutely LOVE the fact that it dispenses from an apple stem and does not have a lid/cap.

EDIT: this over BURBERRY (the original) smells phenomenal!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2010 1:29:00 AM More reviews by Sal014

This fragrance smells truly bizarre on me. It starts off with an almost nutty scent on my skin. There's almond in there, and it certainly has an 'edible' quality to it, yet it's not sweet. I thought of comparing it to Angel, but less sweet and with that strange nutty quality. Not bad, initially.

Yet an hour or so after spraying it, I caught a whiff of dirt on my wrist! The smoky, licorice base somehow smells faintly of earth on me. It must be my chemistry but Lolita Lempicka definitely does not work on me!

Cute bottle, shame it didn't work out!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2010 12:51:00 AM More reviews by mg84

The first time that I tested this perfume I was at a pharmacy and I thought that it was a pretty interesting scent. Like some others have described it, I found it to be a sweet and strong fragrance. It reminded me a bit of an almond body butter that I had from The Body Shop (a scent that i really liked). I definitely noticed the top note of anise when i first sprayed it, which I thought was cool. I didn't leave with the idea that I definitely wanted to buy this perfume, but I decided to keep it in the back of my mind. A few weeks later, i found out that this was being sold at another store for a pretty good price, and it came with a lotion as well. I thought i would go for it and take a chance.
I finally tried this out today for a few hours; I applied a bit of it on the back of my neck. At first, it was pretty sweet (i'm not very good at describing fragrances), but then later on as I would catch a whiff of the scent on my skin, i didn't really love the effect
: [. For some reason, it reminded me more of a masculine fragrance. I didn't get this impression when I first tested it out at the pharmacy, but this is what I noticed today on my skin after a while. I am still undecided on what i think about this perfume for now, but I will test it out a few more times for sure. I want to say that I like the bottle a lot, it's really pretty, and seems very thoughtfully made. I will be sure to update if there are any changes.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by SniffingAround

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/7/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Soyonzen

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The notes: ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk. What it smells like on me: Anise, cherry tobacco, and musk. The verdict? Very overtly feminine but too sweet. I mean it, this is very sweet. It gives me a headache, and it's not the violet or the anise. It's the annoying sweet musk that is so loud. This is not Angel. As much as I hate Angel, I think Angel is better crafted than this. They are both sickenly sweet, but the patchouli in Angel makes it more wearable. Be careful not to over-apply. Half a spritz is plenty.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:41:00 AM More reviews by artsyesme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love almost everything about Lolita Lempicka. My favourite thing is that it is so distinguishable if i smell someone else wearing lolita lempicka i can tell straight away, this is great cause i find alot of perfumes smell very similar currently.
It has such a bold and spicy smell to it, and the bottle is just BEE UTEEEE i FUL. It looks so pretty on my make up table.
I usually find it really expensive and have to use it sparingly, I was paying up to $90 a bottle but i found a chemist that sells 100 mls for $60 so that solved that issue.
I also love how it feels thick and oily so you don't to use as much, and it's smell has the longest life out of any of my perfumes.
The reason I only gave i knocked off one lippy is for two really minor things, i always accidently spray it away from my bottle because of the oh so cute but a little impractical gold stem (nozzle) but that could be my unco-ness, and the second reason is if i spray it when my boyfriend or cat is around it causes them both to sneeze. lol

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is indeed a very interesting, mystic fragrance and it smells exactly how the add looks like: it smells like that bewiched forest, where fairies are hiding, sweet, tempting, makes me wanna dream.... and I really can imagine a fairy wearing this and the bottle is so unique and just pretty :) Though I have to admit that Iīm not very fond of the top note. That star anise/violet/ivy-cocktail is way too overpowering for my nose and thatīs the only reason I took one lippy off. But the middle note and the base are just wowzers! Love that cherry-scent combined with iris and liquorice and the always-noticable vanilla- and almond-base are my very own drug and they make this perfume so soft :D There are also other ingredients like the tonka bean, praline, musk, tobacco etc. but they are mixed very well, as I donīt smell each one of them but they do give this perfume that depth and the extra something (youīll know what I mean after you weared this a couple of hours ;) ).

So overall, if you like powdery sweet nifty scents: Lolita is something you must try out <3 Iīve rarely seen an add that describes the perfume itself so well like thisone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by angiekok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very feminine,strong,sexy perfume!!!Feels good when i put it on,i will buy it again and again.