April 24, 2014 | 912 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2010 8:32:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is indeed a very interesting, mystic fragrance and it smells exactly how the add looks like: it smells like that bewiched forest, where fairies are hiding, sweet, tempting, makes me wanna dream.... and I really can imagine a fairy wearing this and the bottle is so unique and just pretty :) Though I have to admit that Iīm not very fond of the top note. That star anise/violet/ivy-cocktail is way too overpowering for my nose and thatīs the only reason I took one lippy off. But the middle note and the base are just wowzers! Love that cherry-scent combined with iris and liquorice and the always-noticable vanilla- and almond-base are my very own drug and they make this perfume so soft :D There are also other ingredients like the tonka bean, praline, musk, tobacco etc. but they are mixed very well, as I donīt smell each one of them but they do give this perfume that depth and the extra something (youīll know what I mean after you weared this a couple of hours ;) ).

So overall, if you like powdery sweet nifty scents: Lolita is something you must try out <3 Iīve rarely seen an add that describes the perfume itself so well like thisone.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 6:23:00 PM More reviews by angiekok

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Very feminine,strong,sexy perfume!!!Feels good when i put it on,i will buy it again and again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by Chele05

This is one of the most interesting and unique perfumes I've ever come across. I agree with the reviewer who said it smells as if it has almond and cherries in it. It is a soft, powdery blend of almonds and cherries to my nose. The reason I did not give it a higher rating is because although I pick up that lovely scent, I also get a very synthenic quality from it. Such a shame it didn't quite work for me. However, I do know for a fact that it is beautiful with the right body chemistry: I actually found out this was my favorite aunt's signature scent several years ago. In my mind, I had never smelled this perfume when I tested it out, but it was instantly familiar. Where had I smelled this before...? I then realized it smelled like my beloved aunt, and the more I thought about it, I became quite sure that I had seen that pretty bottle on her dresser. The funny thing is that I never associated the scent with a perfume; I just thought it was her own lovely scent, a mish-mash of the different products she used. Now I know it was Lolita Lempicka.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2010 6:18:00 AM More reviews by Shazzybaby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely one of my fave fragrances, if not my FAVE fragrance. It is also my boyfriend's fave on me, and he always wants me to wear it. The packaging is gorgeous and I love the bottle design... It's like an expensive crystal... Beautiful ... with gold embellishments. The scent is for those who like sweet (like candy) scents. Another reviewer said it smells of licorice and that guys like that, and it's true, a friend of mine noticed the licorice scent. To me, it has a powdery/candy scent. It's slightly bold and flirtatious in its attitude, and you definitely feel like a little temptress when you wear it. I have a specific taste in fragrances, which is usually musky and sweet (like Burberry Brit, Dolce & Gabbana The One, and Deseo by Jennifer Lopez), so if you like that type of scent, you should love this. As always, try a sample on when visiting your fave department store. Ps I just tried it on right now to get a good description of the scent, and it's just now losing it's flavor five years after I bought it! Wow! Talk about long shelf life. Most perfumes only last about a year or more depending. But... This is a signature scent. One that makes me feel like I have the hottest secret on me. Oh... Why am I sharing it? ;}

rated 1 of 5 on 9/1/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by LadyDeviance

This is hands down the most repulsive fragrance I've ever come across. Sad but true. The first time I sampled the fragrance, my body jumped away from the perfume counter involuntarily. That has never happened to me in my entire existence. The fragrance was overwhelmingly sickly sweet and overpowering. I find this odd since I adore L de Lolita Lempicka. But this dreadful fragrance...never again.

Such a shame. The bottle is to die for!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by victorialynne

This is an interesting scent. The first 20-30 minutes I really hated this - it smelled exactly like cough syrup on me. Once it has time to settle, it turns into a violet powdery scent that I really like. The dry down reminds me a little of moonlight path from BBW and swedish fish candy : ) The bottle is beautiful! The sprayer can be a little hard to spray at times though....the SA at Sephora had a hard time making my sample. I will not be purchasing since I dislike the first 30 minutes, but if you can get beyond that, this is truly a beautiful perfume : )
****EDIT*** - okay I am bumping this up a lippie! I just bought the 1.7 ounce bottle of perfume and matching lotion at TJ Max for $24.99 and it is really growing on me! Smells really good...just wish it lasted a little longer on my skin. I get a good 3 hours and that is about it. This is truly a mystical, enchanting fairytale like fragrance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2010 12:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I first smelled this perfume on vacation in the Bahamas. I loved the smell at the time but didn't purchase it and failed to write the name down so I could look for it later. When I finally figured out what it was I bought a bottle online and could not wait until i got it home.

Unfortunately, this was one of the worst perfumes I purchased. It smelled so strong that it gave me an instant headache. What's worse is that I sprayed it on while wearing a coat, so that coat smelled like this perfume for weeks.

I really wanted it to work but it just didn't agree with my body's chemistry. I can still remember the smell and even thinking about it brings back that headache...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 2:09:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew27

I remember the day a former co-worker walked by my desk, trailing Lolita Lempicka in her wake. My nose immediately came to attention and I demanded to know what she was wearing. She gave me the name and begged me not to buy it. We were friends outside of work so I knew it would be difficult to keep my purchase a secret, but I managed to wear this scent for over a year before she finally caught on, wearing it only on dates and spraying before bed and never wearing it anywhere I knew I'd bump into her. She'd discovered it first - it was only fair...

I bought a bottle for my younger sister for Christmas one year after she fell in love with the scent once she'd smelled it on me. I think the nose instantly decides whether or not it loves or hates this fragrance; there's no in-between, no moment of contemplation.

As a couple of previous reviewers have mentioned, this perfume DOES seem as though it could be an object from a Tim Burton movie, and the smell itself is whimsical and mysterious enough to bring to mind associations from several of his films. There is almost a "fog" to this scent that is at once inviting and romantic, yet could easily hint at something darker and mysterious, lying in wait.

It's light and powdery, yet deep and multi-layered. It brings to mind the innocent fantasies of a young girl, though, make no mistake - this perfume will not hint of subtle dreams and naivitee; to wear it is to openly invite the attention of others, and though it seems to tease as much as smile in a come-hither way, it is unmistakably bold in all its intentions, even if the expression is less than direct. With Lolita Lempicka, you'll turn heads and men will come running just to stand by your side and breathe it in. Truly a fairly tale in a bottle.

If you adore the scent of parma violets, as I do, you may find yourself loving this perfume. Bonus: the smell of licorice is known to entice men and this scent is loaded with the sharp smell of it, and softened with the powdery symphony of violet petals so as to disguise the notes you are actually smelling and present them in the form of a beautiful potion that giggles and sings...

If you're a fan of Flowerbomb or Kenzo Amour, do give this a try...

My only gripe is the bottle itself - lovely as it is; it leaks when transported and I believe the scent evaporated a bit as there is no lid (though I may have displayed my first one on my dresser in full sunlight -- which I've since discovered to be a big no-no...)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2010 2:15:00 PM More reviews by bestjessicaever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely, positively adore this perfume. The initial mist is strong with anise and rosewood but the dry down is so heavenly that I eagerly anticipate it's arrival. This fragrance is enchanting. I love to wear this scent on cold, rainy days because it's comforting and lovely. The lasting power stays all day and night. It also lasts on clothes forever - I love putting on a jacket and smelling this from a couple days ago. The almond, vanilla, tonka bean, and cherries (in a non-Jergens way) are the most noticeable in the gorgeous dry down. Definitely recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by Juliasyji

I got this as a present and I initially didnt really care too much for this when I first tried it. BUT it really grew on me. I think i didnt really know what to make of it when I first got it because it's such a unique scent. it's definately something you want to try next time you are at a dept store. This is also one of those scents, if you grow to like it, could easily become a signature scent as it is quite unique