Lolita Lempicka Lolita Lempicka

3.8

on 3/18/2011 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

One of my absolute favorite fragrances is Lolita Lempicka in the purple bottle. It's so mysterious. I was so intrigued by the unusual fragrance; licorice, anise, herbs,lilac and cherries. It dries down to a slight powerdery fragrance but the licorice is noticeable. It's so unusual and my husband loves it. It lasts all day, moreso than Minuit or Forbidden flower and unlike my other fragrances I spray five or six sprays because I love the smell. It's slightly powdery, with a hint of sweetness and herbal. It's strange in a wonderful way and ladies always ask me what I am wearing and compliment the fragrance. It is unlike anything I've experienced.

on 3/6/2011 5:52:00 PM

I've worn this perfume off and on for many years now. Everytime I wear it it brings back so many great memories.. a blast from the past! Great scent.

on 1/23/2011 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This perfume was released in 1997 i got it as a present in the same year,have been wearing this perfume since then. i try different fragrances but keeps coming back to my signature perfume which is lolita lempicka. i love it so much that i always have one bottle on my dressing table and the other one in my handbag.its a floral, sweet but not so overpowering feminine perfume some of its notes are ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk.

on 1/20/2011 3:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I wasn't so sure about this one at first, as it's far sweeter than what I usually wear, but now I find it irresistible. I used up my sample from Sephora and couldn't quit smelling myself. I ended up purchasing the full size the next week.

At first spritz it's sweet and powdery, but also oddly sharp likely because of the licorice. The dry down is amazing - on me it's smells like violet, vanilla and something a little woodsy or musky.

This is a very feminine and girly scent, but it's also mysterious and has an edge to it. I could see people loving or hating it. I can't live without it! As others have noted, the bottle is gorgeous.

on 1/18/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I stopped wearing perfume LONG ago....but after receiving a sample of this with my sephora order, I am in love. I will go and buy the full size bottle. At first I thought maybe I wouldn't spring for the full size because the only thing I don't like about it is the powdery smell in it...but...it really does mesmerize me and I can't resist the smell...I find myself wanting to wear it even if I am staying home...just so I can smell myself....I haven't asked myself out on a date yet but I'm considering it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a sample vial of this from Sephora, and while I like that it's complex and unique, the scent has way too much licorice in it! To be fair, I am not particularly fond of licorice to begin with, but I did not expect the licorice to be this overwhelming. I suppose this scent might wear better on someone else, but it's no good on me.

on 12/31/2010 1:23:00 PM

when I received the gift set, I could smell it from the box, and it smelled like a mix between baby powder and donna korran kashmere mist (sp?). BUT:

upon application, on me, it smells like aqualina's pink sugar minus the licorice, very sweet. on the complete dry down it smells like violets and something sugary, it also seems to have a tiny bit of a tangy kick. it definately smells woodsy, sweet and flowery, it's very complex. It does have an element of mistery to it, as some reviewers mentioned- dark forest and fairies, which is a factor that makes me want to reach for this scent.

Unfortunately the lasting power is horrible, lotion+EDP= less than an hour of full enjoyment. It sticks better to my clothing than to my skin.
The bottle is adorable, I absolutely LOVE the fact that it dispenses from an apple stem and does not have a lid/cap.

EDIT: this over BURBERRY (the original) smells phenomenal!

on 12/30/2010 1:29:00 AM

This fragrance smells truly bizarre on me. It starts off with an almost nutty scent on my skin. There's almond in there, and it certainly has an 'edible' quality to it, yet it's not sweet. I thought of comparing it to Angel, but less sweet and with that strange nutty quality. Not bad, initially.

Yet an hour or so after spraying it, I caught a whiff of dirt on my wrist! The smoky, licorice base somehow smells faintly of earth on me. It must be my chemistry but Lolita Lempicka definitely does not work on me!

Cute bottle, shame it didn't work out!

on 11/17/2010 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first time that I tested this perfume I was at a pharmacy and I thought that it was a pretty interesting scent. Like some others have described it, I found it to be a sweet and strong fragrance. It reminded me a bit of an almond body butter that I had from The Body Shop (a scent that i really liked). I definitely noticed the top note of anise when i first sprayed it, which I thought was cool. I didn't leave with the idea that I definitely wanted to buy this perfume, but I decided to keep it in the back of my mind. A few weeks later, i found out that this was being sold at another store for a pretty good price, and it came with a lotion as well. I thought i would go for it and take a chance.
I finally tried this out today for a few hours; I applied a bit of it on the back of my neck. At first, it was pretty sweet (i'm not very good at describing fragrances), but then later on as I would catch a whiff of the scent on my skin, i didn't really love the effect
: [. For some reason, it reminded me more of a masculine fragrance. I didn't get this impression when I first tested it out at the pharmacy, but this is what I noticed today on my skin after a while. I am still undecided on what i think about this perfume for now, but I will test it out a few more times for sure. I want to say that I like the bottle a lot, it's really pretty, and seems very thoughtfully made. I will be sure to update if there are any changes.

Lovely bottle, silly stem spritzer, delightful scent. I'm a fan of the whole Lolita Lempicka line--there's not one I've tried that I didn't like, though on the whole, Fleur Coral and Au Masculin are my faves. This original LL is lovely--sweet, but not too sweet, with enough anise/violet/vetiver to keep it interesting and lift the sugary notes up a bit. Spray it with a light hand--both because the stem makes it hard to give a heavy spritz, but also because this one has real staying power so you don't need a lot.

Popular Fragrances