July 28, 2014 | 1993 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by sharreb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to give it a 0 because whatever ingredient that was in there - i reacted badly. This is the first time it got so bad.
The lady said its anti inflammatory hence the smell and makes eyes stink when in close proximity- i should have took it as a warning to stay away from it. But since my face responded well with the cleanser i gave it a try. Worst decision of my life and thank goodness i quit trying by the 3rd day- even then the reaction was horrid.
It gave me:
1. dry patches - some are even red
2. flaky skin all over my face and my neck
3. my skin feels like sand paper and worse on my necks - bumps and itches
Note that i follow the sales girl's instruction to the T; how to wet it on the cotton, putting with upward motion and she asked me to use on my neck.
The first day i thought my skin needs to time to adjust to the new product but with the itching i couldnt take it- then i google with the keywords and found many people like me are sensitive to some of the harsh ingredients they put in here. Some ppl tried to keep faith with the product and stayed with it for 3 weeks ended with eczema. Im lucky i quit early; switch bak to my old products (but continue with their soap) plus daily night sleep in mask. I have to reiterate the flakiness was so embarassing. It took me 2 weeks to reverse the damage- some people had it worst.
Although i've read other users were ok with the product.
Bottom line- get a sample bottle if you really want to try. And if you get a reaction, throw the bottle away and look for a better product elsewhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I used this number Clarifying lotion as it was given to me by a friend who had no use for it. I like the way it made my skin feel, but whilst using this one I was prone to breakouts. Im back using number 3 now, as my skin is very much on the oilier side!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh man...i can feel and smell the alcohol in this product. I tried using this for a few days and noticed it took my radiance away. I will stick to Proactiv's toner lotion, its more gentle without the scent or the feel of alcohol.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by crystalkyw

I was shock to see so much of bad review, coz i think it works pretty decent on me for so long.
i've used it for almost half a year and i can definitely see the differences before and after. It brighten up my face and eliminates my blemishes.
However, the alcohol formula does sting my face a little bit but i think its totally acceptable! Alcohol helps to reduce bacteria, tighten pore and also gently exfoliates our skin, so why not?
however, people who have sensitive skin or allergic to alcohol might want to get a sample before buying the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by muffkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm about halfway through my bottle. I use this after I remove my makeup and wash my face, I always moisturize right after. This is more of a toner than a lotion.

I love how absolutely clean this makes me feel. I do a little tip onto a cotton round and gently sweep it on my face. Don't rub too much. I am always amazed at the makeup and gunk this pulls off of my skin even after washing up. It just makes me feel very refreshed.

I do however, find this formula a bit harsh. I do not have especially sensitive skin, it is dry combination not really prone to breakouts, but there is definitely an alcohol aspect to this product. I always moisturize as soon as my face has dried when I use this, otherwise I find it too drying for me and that makes my skin act oily.

I love the packaging with the oversize cap, I think it just looks so classic and it's utilitarian enough to pack for overnight trips.

I like this. I will repurchase the clarifying toner from Clinique, but I will probably get the more mild formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

This didn't work for me. It burned my skin and made it dry and flaky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to like this... until I learned that alcohol is not the best way to treat your skin. Also, it is rather drying.... no wonder why I was getting breakouts all the time. My skin was super dry, and dryness triggers oil production in the glands that eventually leads to more pimples. So nowadays I prefer to use an alcohol-free toner and I stay away from harsh products like this.
One more thing: this toner used to contain acetone in the past... so it was like applying nail polish remover all over the face :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as part of the 3 step system- the wash and moisturiser- I like. This stuff, on the other hand :) At the time I was having crazy break outs, mainly on my chin area- so not an area that really gets oily for me. So when I used this it made my skin dry, and I think it was a bit too strong because my skin reaction was continued break outs... it either exaserbated it or did nothing for the break outs I already had.
The good things about this- it allowed my moisturiser to sink in amazingly, but I am guessing this is because it stripped my skin. And it feels refreshing. I would recommend for really oily skin, it would most definately remove oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first bought this when I was 17, in the hope that my skin would become clearer as I was suffering from mild break-outs. BAD IDEA!!! I wanted to religiously use this system, in the end I took it back for a complete refund after testing it out thoroughly. The reason was that it caused my skin to erupt in some sort of sensitivity I didn’t even know existed... I relentlessly used every cream, masque, lotion etc., that the skin ‘consultant’ (extreme caution on the use of that word, they’re just marketing reps) would recommend.

In the end I completely stopped using this toner and the entire 3 step programme and I can honestly say my skin has suffered yet recovered very gradually and never broken out in such a way with any other product.

If you have SEVERVE oily skin this may work for.

Sensitive skin people AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

twelve bucks for a good size full sized bottle. It exfoliates and tones like nothing else ive ever used, im down to the last few applications in the bottle, and am in a slight panic to go get more. I plan to get it from sephora if they carry it since then i will add points to my beauty bank ;)
Before this, i was using witch hazel from walgreens, and it was more mild than i needed.
My skin is oily and i have medium to large pores on nose and cheeks near nose that clog easily. this stuff on a cotton ball sometimes takes place of a full face washing if i am in a rush in the morning, or need a quick mid day refresher.
Just a month and a half and i can already see a huge difference in the appearance of pores and i extract WAY less frequently.
check it out, you can also return if it dont work out for ya!