April 19, 2014 | 1734 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by crystalkyw

I was shock to see so much of bad review, coz i think it works pretty decent on me for so long.
i've used it for almost half a year and i can definitely see the differences before and after. It brighten up my face and eliminates my blemishes.
However, the alcohol formula does sting my face a little bit but i think its totally acceptable! Alcohol helps to reduce bacteria, tighten pore and also gently exfoliates our skin, so why not?
however, people who have sensitive skin or allergic to alcohol might want to get a sample before buying the full size.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2011 1:59:00 PM More reviews by muffkins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm about halfway through my bottle. I use this after I remove my makeup and wash my face, I always moisturize right after. This is more of a toner than a lotion.

I love how absolutely clean this makes me feel. I do a little tip onto a cotton round and gently sweep it on my face. Don't rub too much. I am always amazed at the makeup and gunk this pulls off of my skin even after washing up. It just makes me feel very refreshed.

I do however, find this formula a bit harsh. I do not have especially sensitive skin, it is dry combination not really prone to breakouts, but there is definitely an alcohol aspect to this product. I always moisturize as soon as my face has dried when I use this, otherwise I find it too drying for me and that makes my skin act oily.

I love the packaging with the oversize cap, I think it just looks so classic and it's utilitarian enough to pack for overnight trips.

I like this. I will repurchase the clarifying toner from Clinique, but I will probably get the more mild formula.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2011 2:08:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

This didn't work for me. It burned my skin and made it dry and flaky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to like this... until I learned that alcohol is not the best way to treat your skin. Also, it is rather drying.... no wonder why I was getting breakouts all the time. My skin was super dry, and dryness triggers oil production in the glands that eventually leads to more pimples. So nowadays I prefer to use an alcohol-free toner and I stay away from harsh products like this.
One more thing: this toner used to contain acetone in the past... so it was like applying nail polish remover all over the face :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2011 5:50:00 PM More reviews by MegElizabeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as part of the 3 step system- the wash and moisturiser- I like. This stuff, on the other hand :) At the time I was having crazy break outs, mainly on my chin area- so not an area that really gets oily for me. So when I used this it made my skin dry, and I think it was a bit too strong because my skin reaction was continued break outs... it either exaserbated it or did nothing for the break outs I already had.
The good things about this- it allowed my moisturiser to sink in amazingly, but I am guessing this is because it stripped my skin. And it feels refreshing. I would recommend for really oily skin, it would most definately remove oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/4/2011 8:16:00 PM More reviews by JavariaK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first bought this when I was 17, in the hope that my skin would become clearer as I was suffering from mild break-outs. BAD IDEA!!! I wanted to religiously use this system, in the end I took it back for a complete refund after testing it out thoroughly. The reason was that it caused my skin to erupt in some sort of sensitivity I didn’t even know existed... I relentlessly used every cream, masque, lotion etc., that the skin ‘consultant’ (extreme caution on the use of that word, they’re just marketing reps) would recommend.

In the end I completely stopped using this toner and the entire 3 step programme and I can honestly say my skin has suffered yet recovered very gradually and never broken out in such a way with any other product.

If you have SEVERVE oily skin this may work for.

Sensitive skin people AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by DarlingLoverFace

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

twelve bucks for a good size full sized bottle. It exfoliates and tones like nothing else ive ever used, im down to the last few applications in the bottle, and am in a slight panic to go get more. I plan to get it from sephora if they carry it since then i will add points to my beauty bank ;)
Before this, i was using witch hazel from walgreens, and it was more mild than i needed.
My skin is oily and i have medium to large pores on nose and cheeks near nose that clog easily. this stuff on a cotton ball sometimes takes place of a full face washing if i am in a rush in the morning, or need a quick mid day refresher.
Just a month and a half and i can already see a huge difference in the appearance of pores and i extract WAY less frequently.
check it out, you can also return if it dont work out for ya!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by cherylnk

I have been using this toner for years. Probably for around 6 years and haven't found anything else I like as much. You put a little bit on a cotton round and wipe it all over your face. In the process it removes all of the dirt or whatever that you could of left behind after you cleansed your face. I even had it catch some makeup that my clarasonic brush didn't catch! It tingled on your face after and makes your skin feel really clean. Just apply your favorite moisturizer after and your skin will be good to go. I started off using the clinique three step system and slowly dropped the cleanser and the moisturizer (which I don't have any major complaints about I just found other things I prefer) and haven't found anything to replace this. I havent actually looked for another toner but have tried quite a few and nothing compares. I will continue to purchase this product over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2011 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kirstenarrieta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this toner. I had been used the Clinique 3-step system for about two years and then switched to a Neutragena product. Not really sure why, but I did. But I have found my way back to these lovely products and DO NOT regret it at all! I had dealt with moderate acne problems, and after the medication I was put on my skin became sensitive to some cleansers and toners. I have had no problems with this product and love the way it makes my face feel!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by VictoriaNicolee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use it like this: dump some on a cotton ball, do half my face - flip the cotton ball over, do the other half. And on longer days, it's incredible how much dirt this actually takes off. And as I've said, I love the tingly feeling - it makes me feel clean and refreshed - this is my favorite item out of my nightly skin care regime!