L'Oreal Exfotonic

4.4

Glycerin, Water, Polyethylene, PEG 20 Methyl Glucose, Sequistearate, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Fragrance, Triethanolamine, Saccharum Officinarum Extract (sugar cane), Benzophenone-4, Citrus Medica Limonum Peel Extract (Lemon), Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract (Apple), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Blue 1, Yellow 5, CI 42090, CI 19140 (FIL B6544/2), 20AMEA.

on 9/25/2004 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this scrub! It is fairly pricy for drugstore, but the quality is superb. Just as good as some high ends, if not better. It is a fairly coarse scrub, but on my sensitive skin, it was just right. I love the scent, something I will be able to use again and again and not get sick of (unlike my food scent cravings)...

The scrub is a thickish consistency and is easy to use. My skin actually did feel hydrated afterward.. to the extent that I didn't need shave foam to shave my legs afterward!! Top marks, L'oreal, this is going to be one of my HGs!!

on 9/11/2004 9:14:00 PM

Very surprised by the high marks given to this overpriced scrub. Exfotonic scrubs indeed, but I would get the same results taking a brillo pad to my skin. I enjoy the grittiness of sugar and salt scrubs, but the particles in these scrubs feel much kinder to the skin, unlike the fiberglass shards that seem to comprise Exfotonic. The packaging is also horrible for the shower (and one must apply this scrub to wet skin as it threatens to rip off your epidermis altogether when applied to dry skin), and I'm not wild about the smell of the green goo. Overall I'm hugely disappointed in this product.

on 8/9/2004 8:04:00 AM

Although this is a good scrub, there are a couple of factors that will probably stop me from purchasing again... mainly the smell: to me it is very strong and very synthetic, and not nice at all. The colour also is a lurid green, a bit unnecessary. Finally, I find I needed to use quite a lot of product and so went through the jar a little too quickly. Apart from that, however, it does the job effectively: my skin did feel polished afterwards. This is a fairly rough scrub with scratchy particles, and I cannot imagine anyone wanting to use it on their face! As a body scrub it's good but I don't know if I want to put up with that smell. The search continues...

on 8/4/2004 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Purchased this tonight after major lemming for months. Now, I believe in spending top dollar for my skin and body care but I just could not bring myself to pay that price for a L'oreal scrub. Tonight they were $3 at CVS, so I purchased all of them. I came home and made a b-line for the shower. I slathered all over (especially my elbows) and it felt really nice. I like this consistency as it is more gel than oil. I tend to have a major problem with salt and sugar scrubs - it is called greasy tub = accident. It was smooth and moisturizing. The pleasant green color and light aroma adds to the scrubbing pleasure. It rinses off completely and easily and the skin looks and feels immediately better.

on 8/3/2004 10:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love this scrub! Yet another product I turned my sister onto. Even my brother has used it. I am the resident beauty products guinea pig. It is moderately expensive, but it does last me a long time. I have tried others less expensive and more expensive, so the price to me now it a nonfactor, unless it is on sale somewhere! Sometimes I do not like the tub in comes in, since I close it up while using it and therefore have to take it off again, but it gives me a better chance to customize how much product I want to use. I like the scent. But that is a matter of preference. I am the kind of person who likes scents in bath products.

on 7/21/2004 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a serious scrub. It really will leave your skin feeling freshly polished, all over. It's great for upper arms, feet, etc.

The main drawback is the packaging. The plastic container is very cheaply made (I have seen more than one of them cracked open in the drugstore), and the stuff is so messy that you will eventually end up with scrubby goop in the threads of the jar lid, making it difficult to screw shut properly. The goopiness factor also means it's best to use in the shower; it's very hard to wash completely off your face just standing over the sink.

UPDATE: It looks like they re-released this product in a tube instead of a jar, so I will probably try the new fomulation and update this review.

on 7/10/2004 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Yes it works VERY well as a scrub, yes it's a pretty aqua colour and yes it's affordable....BUT I absolutely can NOT stand the smell! I'm not normally one that finds scents in products offending. I can't describe it, smells quite chemical to me, but the scent is so nauseating I can't ever buy it again, despite all it's good points.

on 7/9/2004 5:11:00 AM

Not bad! One of the cheapest scrubs I have tried and I am a huge scrub fanatic! The smell is fresh and it doesn't feel too harsh on the skin. Leaves skin soft, but doesn't feel very rich.

on 7/8/2004 3:44:00 PM

This is the best scrub I've ever used - nothing else comes close. It really works and doesn't leave you and your bathtub all slimy like oilier scrubs. I get through it quite fast and it is pricy but the quality is amazing - it really does make your skin smoother and softer, without leaving any nasty oily film. Amazing for pre-self tanning. And the smell is heavenly.

on 6/23/2004 6:02:00 AM

I like this scrub very much. It smells divine, colour is lovely and the exfoliation you get is good too (added bonus AHA's). The downside is packaging: tub get filled with water under the shower, esp. when you're in hurry, and in my opinion it's is overpriced for a high street brand like L'oreal. St Ives is much cheaper and equally great.