July 25, 2014 | 1175 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favourite drugstore mascara.

I have been having issues wearing mascara since I moved to a very dry environment, and also wear contacts (contacts dry out, I rub my eyes, mascara smears EVERYWHERE), so I had to wear some higher end brands for a while until I adjusted, but I finally found a drugstore brand I could wear again: this little beauty right here.

Now unlike some other reviewers, I do not get 100% clump free finish from this mascara, despite the name. However, any clumping that I do get is always very small and not too noticeable, so nothing bad. The reason why I actually like this mascara is that it doesn't irritate my eyes/contacts at all, and beyond that, it makes my lashes look INCREDIBLE. Seriously, 2-3 coats of this and it looks like I'm wearing falsies. OH, and it barely ever runs/smudges. Of course, there's a little if I cry or something, but it's nothing bad at all (especially for this gal, who has chronic issues with mascara smudging something fierce!).

If you're in the market for a good drugstore mascara, and have issues with smudging, I'd recommend giving this a shot. You might be surprised :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh yeaaahhh....this is an awesome mascara. No clumps, flakes, or smearing. I have pretty long lashes, so I can't attest to how it would work to emphasize shorter lashes. But to MY lashes...WOW. Full, fluffy lashes that last all day. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loooooove this mascara! You can build so much volume and length without getting any clumps (especially if you apply your mascara in a zig-zag motion and really comb through your eyelashes). The wand can also be kept and used to "comb" through other mascara formulas that tend to get a bit clumpy. I use this mascara when I want a more toned down "false eyelash" look. (I use Maybelline's "The Falsies" when I want a seriously dramatic, evening, "false eyelash" look.) The "Clump Crusher" is so versatile since you can gradually build volume and length and really control the look that you want to achieve - whether more natural or more dramatic- making it perfect for daytime or evening wear. I have already repurchased!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by knt2009

This mascara is very good If you want separated lashes. But that is really all it is good for. I might wear this on a day where I just feel like wearing a little bit of makeup. It is not buildable and does not give length or volume. It would be a good starter mascara for people just getting into makeup but don't expect anything miraculous about this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$8.99 USD at Ulta. I'm on my last tube of Lash Stylist so am forced to look for a replacement (why, oh why won't you bring it back, Maybelline??). For my Asian lashes, this added some length and held the curl. But, no volume. Also, the length wasn't that impressive. Good mascara if you want natural-looking, clump free lashes, but it didn't add any drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good. I would like it better if it gave my lashes a fuller look, but its not clumpy and you can layer to get nice long lashes. Its not my favorite by far, but it does what it says.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1599

this mascara does exactly what it says. It doesn't clump at all. I use this on a daily basis but underneath the Jordana best lash extreme volumizing mascara. The two together are like magic :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by DinaBear1999

My HG Mascara. I love this stuff. Doesn't clump at all. Makes my lashes long and thick. Love L'Oreal voluminous too but this is my HG

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by aubrila

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does what it says it does- it doesn't clump at all, which is pretty nice. It isn't my favorite mascara, though. It doesn't do anything too special for my lashes, though (aside from the great job it does at not clumping). Overall, it is a decent mascara. Not my favorite, but there aren't much complaints for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by JulieTaboulli

I'm going to get straight to the point. This mascara really doesn't clump. I was skeptical because I've never actually seen that before, but holy hell, it really doesn't clump. Super impressive.

It also doesn't flake or smudge as badly as others I've used (although still a little, I don't know if I'll ever find one that doesn't). As other reviewers said, it does appear a little greyer in base color. Next time, I will buy Very Black and hope for some change. The only other reason I gave it 4 lippies is because I wish it gave me a little more volume. Is that possible with no clumps? I don't know.. wishlist item.

Bottom line: No clumps, honestly. A great every day mascara with moderate to long lasting/wear, but not "night on the town" mascara It's great and I'll definitely keep using this as my go to until I find a miracle mascara, if I ever do.