April 17, 2014 | 878 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchase a new mascara every few wks or so trying to find "the one"...Well I may have found it in this bright green bottle of joy! I put it on expecting it to be like Lash Blast Volume, alright but kinda dry. Lash Blast Volume for me is great at the roots but does not seem to carry the volume to the tips nor color. Nope, not the Clump Crusher. It went on smoothly and sooo black and evenly distributed (I purchased Very Black non waterproof (no 800)). I only used 2 coats per eye and my lashes instantly have volume, separation and lift. I have a natural curl to my lashes, but still use a curler for the most part (as a few stubborn lashes seem to want to stick straight out) yet do not feel I need my curler with the CC. I also feel that it is a good deal to get that much product for only $7.90 at my local Target. I will most likely re-purchase and will now use this as my daily mascara. The test for me will be when a month from now passes if it is still good. My Lash Blast Volume and my Physcian's Formula both dry up on me after about 4 wks. For now, this is a great mascara and I will suggest it to my friends. I usually love Maybelline and L'Oreal but am now giving Cover Girl a chance and enjoying the more natural look I seem to obtain from their mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't know about ya'll but I like my mascara to make my lashes as black as my soul, and as long as the list of people I hate, and this product does both of those things.

hehe c:

BUT REALLY PEOPLE THIS MASCARA IS PHENOMENAL.

It separates my lashes, lengthens them, and gives some volume, but to add a bit more, I add a second coat of lashblast fusion, and my lashes look marvelous.

Doing this 1-2 punch combo, with the clump crusher and fusion, it gives some extra oomph. I have naturally long, black lashes, and if I want to go for a falsies look, I just add some translucent powder in between coats, and I'm constantly being asked if I'm wearing fake lashes.

By itself it's a great mascara, but the right combination of this mascara and another, will leave you lookin' like a beauty queen ;D

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by oneirology

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i absolutely love this mascara! the brush may seem a bit stiff and if you usually start with the wand really close to your eye it may hurt a little, but to be honest, this mascara really lives up to its name. if you get it in the darkest shade it's actually really black compared to other mascaras :) good job covergirl

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

After thinking about buying this product I finally did, I have always been a fan of the Maybelline Colossal Volume Express and thought that it would be like that. Personally I like and dislike the brush to this mascara. I hate the curvy wand but I like that the brush wasn't big (main reason why I wanted to try it).
When I first used it, my lashes clumped together and during the day it flaked like crazy. Also, my eyes became itchy and irritated every time I used this. My eyes are not very sensitive at all and have never been irritated by any mascara at all. I stopped using it for a few days and had no problems with one of my other mascaras. Then when I decided to try it again it flaked and my eyes itched. It was terrible.
Halfway through the day I had to wipe the flakes off from under my eyes and tops of my cheek bones and I don't wear mascara on my bottom lashes at all. This mascara has only unclumped my lashes once out of the 30 or so times using it. And has flaked almost every time.
Maybe it was just the one I got but I definitely don't want to go out and buy another one just to have the same thing happen again. I'm usually pleased with Cover Girls products, but this one just did not work for me at all. I won't be getting this one again and I'm going to stick with my Cover Girl Lash Blast Length, which is one of my favorites.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by abbykhobbs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The name clump crusher is kind of embarrassing. People never asked what mascara I used because it didn't do anything for me so luckily I didn't have to tell anyone it was "clump crusher". I was a HUGE fan of the lash blast fusion(the purple one) when I was younger and thought a curved wand would be cool but I guess not,It made my lashes feel dry and brittle. I guess if you're going for a natural look this might be good for you but I was not impressed

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by niccisrichards

Goes on smoothly without clumping, it's never caused my sensitive eyes to react and the brush/bottle is really nicely designed. You also can't beat the amazing price! It's really the best value mascara that I've ever used.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/4/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by cocoadolly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's an okay mascara. It flakes on me though and I don't like that. Won't be buying this again

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 4:18:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This right here is one of my holy grail products, iv repurchased it many times, it seperates my eye lashes so nicely i rarly have anything that sticks together. This product truley is a clump crusher. Great price only a few bucks, beats any high end mascara in my opinion, id recommend anyone who loves separated lashes to try it out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by Piggie8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really don't get what the hype about this is. I've never really liked curved brushes too much, but I thought I would give this a shot anyway, and I really hated it in the fact that it doesn't do anything to put product on. I'll give it the fact that this formula has no clumps, but all in all, I found that to me, this product was Lash Blast with a curved brush. The formula wasn't clumpy or flaking for me, but it didn't bring any outstanding volume or length to my lashes. If someone wanted something super natural, this would be good as of the way the formula behaves, but I honestly don't get all the hype of the Lash Blast line. Another reason why I'm always extremely disappointed in the CoverGirl line.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2013 11:01:00 PM More reviews by katec29

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Fantastic mascara. There isn't a ton of mascara on the wand so the issue of clumping is virtually nonexistent. If you apply it correctly you can get a fantastic natural looking result. Never had problems with flaking. It needs a touch up maybe late mid-day, but otherwise it looks great. Don't waist your money on super expensive mascaras, even if they might be just a little tiny bit better. I know that whenever I buy a new mascara hoping it will be super fantastic I always regret it and realize the Clump Crusher is just as good and half the price.