July 29, 2014 | 1920 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Khandigirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Finally found my HG drugstore mascara. I'm on my 4th tube. I used L'oreal Voluminous for years, but then I tried a sample of Benefit's They're Real and became addicted for awhile. I couldn't bring myself to keep paying $23 a tube, especially because mascara should be replaced every 3 months (over $90 a year for mascara?!!). Clump Crusher was on sale at CVS and bought it instead of Voluminous. The Voluminous took awhile to dry and tended to weigh down my lashes if I applied multiple coats. I have long lashes, but they point straight down. CC makes them look thicker and curlier (even when I don't use an eyelash curler!) with minimal clumping and no transfer onto my eyelids. It dries quickly and doesn't flake, but comes off easily with a regular eye makeup remover. The brush is excellent for separating and fanning the lashes out at the outer corner. My main gripe with Cover Girl mascaras is that the darkest/blackest shades still don't look as super inky black to me as many other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 7:59:00 PM More reviews by ShadowDreamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gave this a 3 only because it didn't clump my lashes together. Unfortunately this mascara did not give me volume nor help lengthen. I don't recommend it for asian or shorter lashes and it is a little more pricey than other drug store mascara a I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:27:00 PM More reviews by EllaW

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am always on a (usually futile) search for The Perfect Mascara. I've tried so many, and while most are ok, there is always something left to be desired.
My most recent acquisition had gotten to the point where it needed to be replaced, so off I went to search for something new.

I was originally drawn to this particular mascara because of the pricetag - under $7.00 at my local Wal-Mart. Being as frugal (aka: cheap) as I am this was a big plus for me. One of my biggest pet-peeves with regards to mascaras is clumping, so this products claims of being a "clump-crusher" was intriguing. I decided that if it held up to its claims, I would be very happy, and if it didn't, well, at least I wasn't going to lose a lot of money.

The packaging itself is simple, with a simple cheery bright green tube (which I love!). The brush is plastic with fairly short, stiff bristles and a slight curve.

So when I tried it for the first time today, I have to say that it does what it claims to do. After putting on multiple coats (I like dramatic lashes) there was nary a clump in sight! Amazing! The small brush reaches all of my eyelashes, even those elusive ones at the very corners. Its smaller size keeps the mascara on my lashes, rather than on my lids (which is often a problem for me). The formula itself is light and airy, leaving my lashes longer and darker, but without weighing them down at all or leaving my lashes stiff.

All in all I would definitely recommend this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by trickmaus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is probably my favourite drugstore mascara.

I have been having issues wearing mascara since I moved to a very dry environment, and also wear contacts (contacts dry out, I rub my eyes, mascara smears EVERYWHERE), so I had to wear some higher end brands for a while until I adjusted, but I finally found a drugstore brand I could wear again: this little beauty right here.

Now unlike some other reviewers, I do not get 100% clump free finish from this mascara, despite the name. However, any clumping that I do get is always very small and not too noticeable, so nothing bad. The reason why I actually like this mascara is that it doesn't irritate my eyes/contacts at all, and beyond that, it makes my lashes look INCREDIBLE. Seriously, 2-3 coats of this and it looks like I'm wearing falsies. OH, and it barely ever runs/smudges. Of course, there's a little if I cry or something, but it's nothing bad at all (especially for this gal, who has chronic issues with mascara smudging something fierce!).

If you're in the market for a good drugstore mascara, and have issues with smudging, I'd recommend giving this a shot. You might be surprised :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by kamiller1972

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Oh yeaaahhh....this is an awesome mascara. No clumps, flakes, or smearing. I have pretty long lashes, so I can't attest to how it would work to emphasize shorter lashes. But to MY lashes...WOW. Full, fluffy lashes that last all day. Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by makeupfun21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Loooooove this mascara! You can build so much volume and length without getting any clumps (especially if you apply your mascara in a zig-zag motion and really comb through your eyelashes). The wand can also be kept and used to "comb" through other mascara formulas that tend to get a bit clumpy. I use this mascara when I want a more toned down "false eyelash" look. (I use Maybelline's "The Falsies" when I want a seriously dramatic, evening, "false eyelash" look.) The "Clump Crusher" is so versatile since you can gradually build volume and length and really control the look that you want to achieve - whether more natural or more dramatic- making it perfect for daytime or evening wear. I have already repurchased!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/3/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by knt2009

This mascara is very good If you want separated lashes. But that is really all it is good for. I might wear this on a day where I just feel like wearing a little bit of makeup. It is not buildable and does not give length or volume. It would be a good starter mascara for people just getting into makeup but don't expect anything miraculous about this mascara.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Kaelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

$8.99 USD at Ulta. I'm on my last tube of Lash Stylist so am forced to look for a replacement (why, oh why won't you bring it back, Maybelline??). For my Asian lashes, this added some length and held the curl. But, no volume. Also, the length wasn't that impressive. Good mascara if you want natural-looking, clump free lashes, but it didn't add any drama.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by tia347

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This mascara is pretty good. I would like it better if it gave my lashes a fuller look, but its not clumpy and you can layer to get nice long lashes. Its not my favorite by far, but it does what it says.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1599

this mascara does exactly what it says. It doesn't clump at all. I use this on a daily basis but underneath the Jordana best lash extreme volumizing mascara. The two together are like magic :)