Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

3.9

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caranuba Wax, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Iron Oxides May Contain: Ultramarine, Titanium Dioxide

on 7/19/2014 11:12:00 PM

Nice formula, application is super easy, actually doesn't clump! Is definitely water "resistant" - when I get "emotional," this does run a bit. But it's still one of my favorites. Coats lashes beautifully, brush is very easy to use and control. Will definitely buy again.

An okay mascara. The formula is really great-very lengthening and volumizing. I feel that the wand really hinders application with it though. The curvature of it makes it difficult to get to the root and to get those little outer lashes. I will probably finish the tube, but not repurchase. Not terrible, not great.

on 7/12/2014 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara really curled my lashes and looked like false eyelashes because if how they weren't clumpy. It didn't flake on me but the packaging is bulky like most covergirl mascaras. The brush is rubber and quite versatile, it lifted and separated my short lashes perfectly.

on 7/8/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:

- Doesn't clump. At all. Believe me, I've tried.
- Long lasting
- Doesn't smear
- Holds curl beautifully

Cons:

- Like all Cover Girl mascaras...the wand is rather unwieldy.

Would I Buy Again?

- Heck to the yeah

PROS: Definitely doesn't clump. Good for a natural look. Wish I could have given 3.5.

CONS: Too natural for me. With a name, like clump crusher, I'm going to assume this is going to give me volume without clumps. It would be a given that a natural mascara won't clump. At least, that's why I felt a little let down by it. It also dried out very quickly, so after about a week, I was left with a very dry formula that crumbled onto my face throughout the day.

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on with less smudging/transfer/flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too. I know there are a lot who like to use this wand as a comb/separator for other mascaras. Before applyiong, roll this over a paper towel or the back of your hand or whatever to get excess off. This one does much better when applied in many light coats. You'll have to experiment with the perfect number, before it gets to much, for you.

ALTERNATES: The Rocket Volum Express by Maybelline and L'Oreal's new Manga mascara are better for volume and length that are much more noticable. I also like Miliani's Runway Lashes (and just cover it with Clarins Double Fix to make it "more" waterproofed.)

on 7/4/2014 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love all of the lashblast mascaras but this one is definitely my favourite. It gives you a very noticeable look to your lashes and obviously keeps them clump free. It gives a more natural look but you can build up the layers to make them more dramatic. It lasts all day and doesnt crumble off, if that makes any sense. I will for sure be re-purchasing after I run out!

on 6/29/2014 12:11:00 AM

I love this mascara. Delivers a very natural look, with no clumps. The brush is great, but you do need to build it up for a fuller look. The only downside to it is that it is not lengthening.

on 6/28/2014 6:16:00 PM

THE HOLY GRAIL OF ALL MASCARAS!!! Love this mascara to death!!! Wear it very often and holds up extremely well
PROS
holds your curl and elongates your lashes
I was extremely surprised when the product was on my lashes, it's extremely light and almost feels like you're not even wearing mascara
very easy to apply
love the wand, thin with a slight curve (omg that sounded so wrong XD)
sweatproof, I go outside and sweat like crazy and this mascara doesn't budge!!

CONS
NONE!!! :)

love it BUY IT NOW!!!!

on 6/26/2014 7:56:00 PM

This mascara is my HG mascara it add length and volume without looking fake. It adds a really nice natural look. If you go for more a voluminous, false lash, thicker effect you won't like this mascara as much, but if you go for more of a natural, subtle look you will fall in love with this mascara. Great inexpensive product from the drugstore, absolutely recommend this mascara!

on 6/26/2014 4:34:00 PM

Life is too short for mediocre mascara and this is one. It does nothing great and is a bare basics kind of product. It doesn't lengthen or volumize much, just gives your lashes a more polished and "done" look which is pretty damn boring. I want longer, fuller, flutterier lashes and this puts me to sleep. It smudges, too. Bah! The only thing I like about this is the brush which I can use to brush out clumps in other mascaras. Ok, so yeah, it doesn't clump but I'd rather have a little clumping and more oomph to my eyes that this snoozefest that takes the curl right out of my lashes.

Edited July 15, 2014:
I've had this tube for several weeks now and here's what I've discovered:

1) It gets better with age. The formula is wet so it actually performs better after it's been sitting around and drying out for at least a month. It doesn't weigh my lashes down as much as when it was fresh and if I apply multiple coats before it completely dries I'm able to get slightly fatter lashes without droop.

2) Don't wiggle the brush as you pull it through your lashes, just sweep it straight through from base to tip. Wiggling encourages droop probably because it deposits more formula onto the individual hairs, thus weighing them down. This mascara doesn't clump anyway so applying straight won't mean you'll have to brush it through like with other clumpier mascaras.

I'm a bit happier with Clump Crusher after these two revelations but it still doesn't impress me as a fab product. I'm not changing my ratings nor recommending anyone run out to buy it. It's merely ok and I won't be repurchasing.

Popular Mascaras