August 27, 2014 | 974 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - 60 Seconds Nail Polish

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 3/12/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by ainabarad

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have a few of these polishes. They dry pretty fast, but they seem to chip even faster. Some colors (like "Rapid Ruby") are VERY stain happy (meaning they stain your nails when you remove them with nail polish remover). I bought these because I needed nail polish that would dry fast and didn't know about Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Top Coat at the time. I will not be repurchasing. I know these are only like $2.50 each so I'm not complaining about the price, but (as a busy mom who has only been doing my nails once a week and hoping it'll last a week) I'd personally rather spend twice as much for a polish that will last longer without chipping and preferably won't leave stains when removed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in "hard edged", and honestly the only reason I purchased it was because Target had all the Rimmel colors on sale for $0.84. Under the horrible lighting in the store it looked like a shimmery dark brown, which didn't do much for me, but for so cheap I could chuck it if I ended up not liking it. Once outside in the sun it turned a really lovely grape/cabernet color, and I was really happy I bought it; inside the lightening in my house it looks almost black. Since I just started using Orly's "nail defense" product I'm changing my polish every few days for the next week to apply a fresh layer of the Orly so I did not put any top coat on and so far I haven't noticed any chipping from this polish (but obviously once I can wear it longer I will). Application was very easy and though I was dubious after the first layer came off so shear, the second layer made it perfect. It did not dry in 60 seconds, but it did dry quickly. Overall I'm very happy with the color and the product, and would certainly buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2010 11:00:00 AM More reviews by Yddib

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this nail polish in a bright red for the Christmas season! I think the 60 seconds refers to the length of time it lasts before chipping!! It does take longer than a minute to dry.

The pro to this product are that it is cheap and it's fine if you just want to match an outfit. It is not a nail polish you can wear every day because it chips so easily. It was particularly noticable with the red colour.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/24/2010 6:35:00 AM More reviews by wishiwasflawless

LOL nice try Rimmel. Doesn't dry in 60 seconds.
The colour I have it in is 615 Night Before.
It's basically a knock off of OPI Russian Navy, just a touch more purple.
Goes on gloppy. "Pro Cision" brush my ass.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2009 11:56:00 AM More reviews by ShareenaDean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color are brilliant and it shines ...though its only last for one day =) it chips fast too even though I use top and base nail polish =( drying is not 1 minute...at least 3 minutes...or more... anyhow it was cheap... I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2009 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xxrhinestonexx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used rimmel 60 second nail color in pulsating and it's a beautiful color and it doesn't take that long to dry but don't be fooled by what it says on the package. It claims to take only a minute to dry but it actually takes about 3 minutes.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by chickadee88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Starting with the bad but not horrible, the polish chips, probably a little easier then others and it does take at least two coats but it dries so fast that it's not really a big deal and overall just a great buy. It's not expensive, comes in cute colors, dries fast what more do you want from a nail polish?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2009 8:31:00 PM More reviews by colourfulapple

It takes two coats for the pigment to show up nicely on my nails. Overall, it gives a smooth finish although occasionally there is air bubbles. But the air bubbles are not obvious. It chips rather easily compared to other brands but considering the price, it's reasonable.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by nadmer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Ok, first the good then the bad... the good is that this does really dry in 60 seconds, and in the colour I chose (a sort of dark berry) I only needed one coat. The BAD is that if you wear this on your toe-nails then wear shoes is that it will rub off on the inside of your shoes (even if the polish is totally dry) and if days later when you have taken off your nail polish and have natural nails and go to wear those same shoes, the polish will come back to haunt you and leave your nails covered in hideous (in my case berry-coloured) stains... It also chips really fast, though at this prce you can't complain. This is good for when you delibarately want your nail polish to come off easily (e.g. if you have a party but don't want laquered nails the next day), as a quick fix...

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2009 11:34:00 PM More reviews by xspookykittyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great nail polish! I'm into wearing all sorts of funky colors, from vampy to bright. I own the colors #615 Night Before (an iridescent purple...the name reminds me of that Beatles song, heh), #340 Torrid (an iridescent/metallic burnt red/mahogany), #830 Camouflage (a pearlescent green), and #819 Green With Envy (actually a bright, pearly turqouoise...not really green at all). These polishes are inexpensive and last pretty long considering they are quick drying. All quick drying nail polishes tend to chip faster than the "regular" kind. I start with a base coat and use two coats of this color, then finish off with a top coat.