April 17, 2014 | 1288 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Vanilla Bean Noel Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by bartamy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought because I fell into the hype... I know that up til this year, this was a hard-to-come-by item after the holidays, so I grabbed a bottle when it was on sale. I have 90% left, and it's going nowhere fast. It smells like those old puffy scented stickers I got in elementary school. It is plasticky (like someone else mentioned), cheaply sweet and foodie, and not a very good moisturizer. However, my 8 yr old son loves it and so I rub him down once in a while so he can enjoy the scent. Between you and me, if you want the smell of cake, I think you should go bake one. And then rub a good lotion into your skin. But don't try to mix baking with your body; it just isn't meant to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 3:51:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I never paid attention to this because I thought it was just another boring vanilla scent. Some girl at work brought it in and I used it and fell in love! IT SMELLS LIKE CAKE! I cannot wait until next holiday season so I can pick some up!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 6:39:00 AM More reviews by JanC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love Vanilla Bean Noel! The scent is strong at first but quickly calms down to a very soothing vanilla with a hint of caramel smell. I love that the lotion is thicker and very creamy. Wish they sold this lotion all year long!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 3:40:00 PM More reviews by Ello

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first came across this at B&BW I thought it was the most horrible smelling stuff in the Universe! But I got a coupon in the mail for a free bottle of it and I was going to get the stuff and give it away as a Christmas gift to a friend who loves vanilla. I tried some of it (Shes a close friend who wouldnt mind :) ) and I fell in LOVE! At first it smelled like vanilla cake batter, which I thought was a tad bit strong but then I after awhile it faded to this most perfect vanilla scent! I love the warm vanilla sugar from B&BW and I find myself reaching for this stuff more often. needless to say I didnt give this lotion away! I find that since B&BW has so many scents going on within the store, it is really hard to tell what scents you really like until you get out of the store and try them on at home. I would have never bought the Vanilla Bean Noel if I had not tried it on at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by GRUDGRIME

I love this scent. I find it to have much more of a vanilla scent the the classic vanilla. I wish they sold it year round!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2007 10:50:00 PM More reviews by tracy1031

GROSS. too sweet fake smelling. for a real delicious vanilla scent, Body shop vanilla lotion all the way

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by krazykhaled

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

From all the raves, I was really hoping to like this because I usually love vanilla scented lotions. It ended up smelling very plasticky, with a faint vanilla smell. The plastic smell was way too owerpowering and did not die down (2 hrs later) and I had to wash my hands thoroughly to get it off. Not buying.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by honeyangel77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just plain smells like plastic and glue with a touch of vanilla on the skin... smells amazing in the bottle though. Too bad it doesnt transfer well to human beings... The lotion isnt too incredibly moisturizing either. Hrmf.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/27/2007 11:12:00 AM More reviews by cheriesiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite scents. Always one of the first to sell out during the holiday season. As always, the body cream works better than the lotion. That's why I took a lippie off. However, the lotion is still really good...just not heavy-duty. There is also a difference in the smell in the body cream v. the lotion: to each her own! Stay away from the soap/antibacterial gel: the alcohol/extra ingredients change the scent. As the previous poster said, don't mix the BBW scents...it changes them all.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2007 10:16:00 AM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The first time I tried this I used it after I showered with Simply Divine Cherry Pie. When I applied this lotion it smelled terrible!!! But I tried it again a few hours later and it was much nicer. Very subtle vanilla scent. I wish the scent was a bit stronger though.