Bath and Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel Body Lotion

4.3

on 11/5/2008 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love the smell, I think it's deliciously sweet.

The lasting power is actually great, I can smell it on my skin hours after application (I put it on at around 11am, and now its 3pm).

The formula to me is not watery like some people describe it, I think it's fairly wholesome for a lotion from BBW. I think it moisturizes better than their signature collection lotions. I have slightly dry skin, and I think it works well to keep it moisturized.

The issue I have is that I do experience some stickiness for about 10 minutes after application (hence the 4 stars), but eventually it absorbs completely and is nice and smooth on my skin.

To me the price was reasonable, only because I had that coupon to buy 10 dollars worth, get something free for up to 13 dollars. Would I spend the full 11 dollars? No way.

Oh, I also would normally buy the cream version, but I'm trying to be economical here and the lotion comes with way more than the cream for the same price!

this is soooooo delicious!!!!!!!! it smells christmasy and its perfect for winter because it's really moisturizing. LOVE IT!

The scent of this is straight up vanilla cake batter!! That being said, its a lovely, yummy, feel good smell that is perfect for the holiday season. However, the lotion is not very moisturizing and feels rather cheap and watery. But, I buy it for the scent and not the quality of the lotion. The scent when you first apply it is moderately strong but it fades quickly, leaving a very subtle vanilla scent on your skin. I bought this in a set of 3 mini lotions for $10.

on 10/5/2008 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite BBW scent ever! I have to stock up in October when it comes out and try to buy enough to last a whole year! My husband loves it too and uses it as a hair "gel" because he doesn't like hair products that are too sticky, flaky, etc. plus he loves the smell! I also use it on my 7 yr. old's face and hair...does he smell yummy! BTW, the body wash and spray does NOT smell the same...only the lotion and creme have that "yummy" smell!

on 9/30/2008 11:54:00 PM

This is the best scent they make. It's an amazing vanilla-caramel scent. It's not so sweet that it makes you sick, it's a very light scent that lingers the entire day. The lotion seems to linger longer than the spray. This lotion though not only smells good, it leaves my hands super soft too!

on 9/17/2008 4:50:00 PM

This is one of my alltime favorite scents from BBW. You smell so YUMMY wearing this. I love scents that smell like fresh baked goodies. I can't wait to stock up again at Christmas time. The semi-annual sale is also a great time to stock up on your favorite fragrances.

on 9/14/2008 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i was digging through a pile of old toiletries when i found this! i can't believe i still have it! it smells sooo good- like fresh baked sugary sugar cookies. i've been called a scrooge and such, but this is the only christmas-y holiday thing i ever do- walk around smelling like a cookie. i love it. what i don't love, however, is people sniffing me when i have it on. though it *is* kind of funny, in a way.

on 9/9/2008 10:39:00 PM

this is my favorite Bath and body works scent. The smell is so sweet and cookie-like, and it lasts all day. It really puts me in the XMAS spirit, all year long. I hope they bring it back again this year! I always get compliments when I wear it!

on 7/23/2008 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This scent is so intoxicating, I really grew out of vanilla scents after high school, but caramel-y ones like this I just want to sniff all day!

I live in Canada, so we don't have a BBW (not until Fall 08!) and I always stock up on Vanilla Bean when I get to one, I still have a bit of lotion left over from last year's haul.. but it's not really a summer scent so that's why i still have some. The lotion itself is the same as all BBW's lotions/creams, good moisture, i like to keep a tube in my purse, but the smell of this- Oh my god! I love it! And I always get compliments on it when I wear it.

The only downside to BBW coming to Toronto is that I know everyone is going to smell like this now.

on 7/18/2008 4:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

really didn't know what all the hype was about with Vanilla Bean Noel until I smelled the body lotion at the June 2006 Bath and Body Works Semi-Annual Sale. I was in LOVE!

I had previously smelled the body splash during the Holiday season at Bath and Body Works and did not find it appealing at all. I was reminded of BBW Fresh Vanilla and (discontinued) Toasted Hazelnut, both of which I highly despise. However, when I picked up the lotion during the sale, I wanted to see if I enjoyed it at all, and I really really did!

The scent consists of a warm, inviting vanilla scent surrounded by creamy caramel. It almosts reminds me of a warm Caramel Vanilla Latte from Starbucks (minus the coffee!), and it draws you closer with each smell!

I cannot use Bath and Body Works Body Cream because of the mineral oil content, so I was fortunate enough to find a bottle of the Body Lotion. It gives me the right amount of moisture during the day and I do not find it greasy at all. At night, I do apply a little more generously, because I know I'm not going out in the Arizona heat, and I let it soak in before climbing into my sheets.

I hope Bath and Body Works will bring this scent out again during the Holiday season and I would definitely buy this again!

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products