April 20, 2014 | 1917 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2013 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Gorgeous123

I adore this whipped foundation! previously I was using Mac studio fix fluid which I also love but in my personal opinion Revlon whipped foundation is way cheaper and you can get better results! the Revlon whipped gives you medium/full coverage, super flawless/airbrush effect, and its also very hydrating so this would be amazing for people with dry skin. I have too give this two thumbs up, and I would recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by lilysdoll

Overall I can see why some people love this foundation. Its just not the right consistency for my skin. I had trouble with the shade as well. Got mine at Ulta. I hated to return it. But it would not be something I could use. I have been using more of the cream in pan type foundations. I mostly just spot cover. So maybe that's why this didn't work for me. Nice product though. Worth a try. Color range could be better. Packaging was good. Price decent. Revlon really has a lot of nice quality products.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by brisc

I came across this foundation by pure luck and I am sooo glad I did. My skin is sensitive-acne prone and oily on my t-zone. I had been trying other expensive and heavy foundations that wouldn't do half the job of what this one is doing. It covers blemishes very well! And as for the color, I can't believe I was able to find one that matched my yellow undertone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:58:00 AM More reviews by Karinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've always been a fan of Revlon foundations, I love the Colorstay whipped because I have acne scars all over my cheeks but this covers them up quite well. True Beige matches my skin tone perfectly (I'm a NW40) and I was surprised how natural it looked and how well it blended when I first applied it to my face, (I find it easiest to just use my fingers) my friends even complemented me saying that my skin looked so much clearer! I do like the 'whipped' mousse like texture and the semi-matte finish that isn't too heavy. I've just purchased my second jar and haven't had any problems with break outs, clogged pores etc.
I do agree with the other reviewers here that the packaging isn't very good, it's contained in a heavy jar and not much product is supplied, as well as it's inconvenience for travel.
Overall I do believe it is a great foundation, I prefer this over the regular Colorstay.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/4/2013 7:30:00 AM More reviews by susanoz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is like putting fleshtoned Crisco on my face. NEVER sets even with powder or setting spray, and as such, transfers onto everything. This has to be the worst foundation I've ever purchased.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by Charmin1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation. Previously, I wore Mac Face and Body until I ran out. I liked face and body because of how natural it looked on the skin but it was a little too dewey for me and made me shiney as the day progressed. I still wore it through the summer because it was pricey but regardless of the temperature or how I set it, I always saw shine coming through. Anyway, in came Revlon Colorstay Whipped. I thought I would try this because of the creme consistency. I have 30+ skin that is getting to be a little on the dry side. The regular revlon colorstay was not creamy enough but this one rocked my world. As many have noted the packaging sucks. But I think if Revlon changed the packaging they may have to change the consisteny and that scares me. The last thing I need on this foundation is a reformulation. I bought it in caramel and through the glass it looks a little muddy. I was hoping for something darker but after you apply this foundation, it automatically transforms to the color of your skin. Weird. I have tried this with and without primer and got about 12-14 hours of no shine. I'm rarely ever out more that 14 hours at a time so that works. In fact, my skin dries out a little with this but I'd take that over shiney T zone anyday. I just make sure I use a creamier moisturizer underneath with SPF of course. The price is a bit steep. It was about $11 at Target. It's more like a $9 foundation especially for the amount that you get. I use clean fingers to apply this. I've tried a a brush and sponge and it didn't spread easily. At this time, I'm afraid to set it with powder because I don't want to exacerbate the dryness I get with this but I'm willing to experiment. The thing I love most the whipped is the it makes my skin look poreless and that my friends is priceless.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 2:37:00 PM More reviews by helloxkittty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like Revlon Colorstay liquid foundation (it's currently my HG), but no matter how I apply it clogs my pores and leaves my face looking cakey by the end of the day. I thought this might be a lighter, better alternative. It was not. First off it is pretty expensive for drugstore foundation (I paid $13.99 at CVS). The packaging is bulky and heavier than I would prefer cause I like to carry my makeup with me. The texture is very soft and silky and it feels great on my skin. It is difficult to apply though and when I was in natural lighting I noticed how orange the color looked even though I chose the same shade I use for liquid Colorstay. After a couple hours at work I noticed my face was pretty oily and my pores looked huge. I was very disappointed cause the original Colorstay lasts about 9 hours before doing that. I took this off as soon as I got home and returned it. I really wanted to like this product but I just couldn't. If you like Colorstay but find it is too heavy on your skin you might try this, but it definitely doesn't last as long or have the same nice matte finish.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

This foundation is amazing. First off, I got it for 12 bucks at Target which is a great price. I love the packaging, looks high end and is easy to access. The texture is pretty thick, but blends out so evenly and well. Its weird, you'll put on a little bit and next thing you know your whole face is covered. It gives nice coverage, probably medium to full. It doesn't look cakey, and works well with my combination skin (doesn't stop all oil but doesn't make it worse either). The only bummer is that you can't see the color until you buy it. I'm an NC15 in mac, well maybe NC20ish now because I've gotten darker since I wore mac. But anyway my skin is pretty light and I got the shade "buff" in the colorstay whipped and it matches perfectly. Overall, this makes my skin look really good and that is saying something because I have really weird textured skin and a lot of redness. I like this a lot and definitely suggest it

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:32:00 PM More reviews by cassiejb

I was skeptical at first considering I don't usually wear drug store foundations, but i have to say this is my HG. I've tried literally everything. MUFE, Dior, YSL, Laura Mercier, Cargo, Nars, etc. This is hands down the best one. It does everything I am looking for. I have combo skin (oily T-Zone, normal/dry cheeks) I don't have much to cover as I have been blessed with decent skin but I would say this is medium to full coverage. Even though I don't have acne I break out super easy and this has not broken me out at all and I have been wearing it for 3 weeks now. The first coat will cover my redness but still will let freckles show through. Second coat made me look "flawless." It looks better as time goes on. It doesn't accentuate dry patches. I am a waitress so I sweat and work long shifts and it still doesn't slide off my face.It doesn't necessarily control my oily T-Zone but it doesn't sit in my pores or disappear after an hour of wear. On top of it all, it will give you a flawless look but still look natural. I am a NC20 for reference and I use shade Buff.

Pros
-Doesn't sit in pores
-Doesn't accentuate dry patches
-Medium-full coverage
-Lasts around 8 hours before touch ups (no foundation will last forever)
-Doesn't wear off in patches
-Flawless yet natural coverage
-Didn't break me out

Cons
-Packaging

Application
- I used my Tom Ford creme foundation brush to apply this at first, no bueno. Then I tried my Real Techniques buffing brush, hot mess. Then I tried my Sigma F80, that was an improvement. A slightly wet stippling brush will give you the best results or use your fingers then buff it in with a flat top kabuki. I used setting powder after (applied it with a powder puff then dusted off the excess with a fan brush) then some Urban Decay setting spray and dam I looked good.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Pinki

I have North Indian skin that tends to change color depending on the day (serious) and get hyperpigmentation if anyone gives me an evil look. I also have big old pores and a tendancy to get shiney and yucky throughout the day though I start out a little parched. I am a total fan of the natural look, and hate the feeling of anything on my skin. Basically, I want perfection. There isnt a foundation that I havent tried-from CdP, La Mer, Chanticaille, Hourglass, by Terry, YSL, Dior, Clinique, LM, basically, if you can get it at Sephora, Nordstrom, Ulta or Barney's-I have tried it and found it to be just a little off. I have serious reservations about DS fndt, but have always been impressed by Revlon-from the quality, the "technology" and yet that they also let my grandma keep the same color moondrops that she used since fire was invented. I bought this fntd when I was at my new job and think I startled someone with my shiney, pale, worn face. I needed something that went on smoothly, stayed on all day, didnt show off my pores, didnt clog my SUPER clog prone face, looked natural and above all felt ok. I like that I can get this anywhere and usually for about 3 times cheaper than anything I usually buy. I use this with my Shiseido foundation brush so I dont have to dip my fingers and I am out the door in 5 minutes. I dont need powder throughout the day and I dont have to worry about staining clothing or it melting off. When I come home I wash my face as usual and havent gotten one clogged pore. I truly forget I am wearing it! I also get to look in the bathroom mirror at work and not be frightened. I know I should invest money into my foundation-and I am a sucker for beautiful packaging, smells, ideas of exclusivity....but this just works! Worth a try IMHO.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No