October 2, 2014 | 1345 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 3:47:00 PM More reviews by megxoxo91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Skintone/type: Very fair, sensitive skin with yellow undertones but that overall is often more red than anything else due to acne, rosacea, and dryness, but also susceptible to oiliness and shine w/ the wrong makeup. My skin is so much fun to contend with. :]

Shade: I chose the shade Buff because Ivory seemed too pink. I believe it's a match, although I expected it to be a bit darker than it is by how it looks in the jar but the color payoff is surprisingly white and makes me look sort of "blah".

Price, application and wear: Purchased at Walmart for $10.97 and I think that's sort of a lot. It is not HG-status for me so I'll be leery of that price when considering a repurchase. I admit I have only used my fingers to apply this so far because I'm usually in a hurry and don't want to risk testing it out with a brush quite yet but I will soon. I don't have the best brush application skills! I love cream foundation and the texture and blendability of this is wonderful. It isn't a heavy-feeling foundation on my skin which is a big plus. Used with the PhotoReady primer and Colorstay powder, my skin can breathe just fine. Coverage I would say is just barely hitting medium even if I build it up and generally is just so-so. It doesn't cover everything and I tend to use more concealer with this than I do other foundations. There is absolutely no discernible reason they should put a sticker on it that promises 24 hour wear... after about 3 hours it begins to melt and a touch-up is needed. The scent while it mercifully fades is not pleasant upon application, and the jar packaging is not my favorite. It weighs too much and is hard to keep clean.

Last thoughts: If I could, I would probably rate it more like a 3 1/2 and purchase again a "maybe". :) I can't say I recommend it or that I don't recommend it... just something you have to try and see for yourself. It sounds like it works really flawlessly for many, so it could just be my fickle skin.

3/25/14: Update! I repurchased but in Sand Beige, and it's FAR better than Buff. It gives my skin the right amount of color I want and seems much more corrective to all of the varying tones in it than just a pale wash of fdtn (as Buff was doing). And I've been using it w/ the Real Techniques buffing brush and am really happy with it now! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've bought probably around 4 jars of this stuff, always in the color Buff because it matches my super pale winter skin with yellow undertones better than anything I've been able to find, especially impressed since it's a drugstore product.
It gives me great full coverage, which is a must for me because of hyper-pigmentation of ugly acne scars. My skins on the normal/drier side and I usually don't use a powder because it can tend to look pretty cakey.
Recently I've started tanning again and I went out and bought the Maybelline Fit Me foundation in 230 sand or something like that, and I just mix the two together to give me the right shade as I'm getting darker each day. The two mixed together is the perfect amount of coverage and dewiness.
I apply it with an ELF powder brush and when going out wear Hard Candy primer underneath. It wears a long time.
Looooove this stuff, besides the jar packaging. Bottle + Pump would be a dream come true.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Bellinop

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about 2 weeks. I really love it! It looks better without a coverstick underneath. It lasts all day/evening. I am 55 and have acne scares. This really helps to cover them and not looked over done. This has not given me any breakouts!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ShellyB

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

3 days into use and I am really impressed by ColorStay Whipped Creme so far. I am an NW20/25 and got this in 240 Natural Beige. It's a great match for my skin tone. It glides onto skin with ease and I get great coverage with easily 12+ hours of wear. I like this better than the Colorstay Liquid because I don't feel it on my face like I do the liquid. My skin is on the sensitive side and this does not irritate it. I also have not experienced any breakouts yet. Very happy that I took a chance. This is a winner!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by l0laxc0la

This is a solid foundation!! I really like it and I'll probably buy it again! The color "110 Ivory" is literally a PERFECT match for my skin... I've never found anything better even in HE stuff. I am very pale and very neutral so I hate things that are too pink (I want to conceal some facial redness) or too yellow (Just looks fake and orangey on me). This is perfect for my N15 skin.

Also, formula-wise, my skin is SUPER sensitive and almost every liquid foundation gives me a reaction. I can't have chemical sunscreen or parabens in my foundations, and luckily, this has neither. Also, I think the formula has a bit of salicylic acid in it, and I have noticed that my blemishes seem to dry up nicely when I use this foundation regularly, which is a big bonus!!!

The texture, as others have said, is very.. unique.. but I think it gives a very nice skin-like and natural finish to the skin while providing some serious coverage. This is the closest thing to a full-coverage foundation that I have. Because of its thick texture, you can build it up quite a bit on "bad skin days" but you can also use a damp sponge to sheer it out to a really nice barely there finish.

This stuff is just so versatile. I wear it a lot and will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2014 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first foundation that I ever used up so quickly. Covers well, leaves a satin finish kinda glow from within look. Cushiony whipped medium to full coverage, I was absolutely in LOVE but one big problem is I can't find it anywhere here. Please someone tell me this has not been eliminated from the Revlon line???? I've noticed my Kroger doesn't carry it anymore and they once had a full display. Can anyone answer? Thanks.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2014 1:28:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

I would probably love this foundation if I could find a color match for my NC20-25 skin tone. Findation recommended Soft Sand, which looks OK but just a little off--it's not quite yellow enough. The shade lighter than this, Buff, is more yellow but too light.

The foundation formula itself is a dream: feels light, blends well, doesn't cake as long as you're using a light touch, and lasts. It didn't oxidize on me. It photographs pretty well too. It can be tough to remove though: I found that using the OCM helps to break it down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2014 5:21:00 PM More reviews by CammieBella

Overall I think this is a good drugstore foundation. I've been a big fan of the original revlon colorstay for a long time now and wanted to give this a try as well. I purchased it in the shade Buff which is the color I also use in the original colorstay and the colors are exactly the same, this color is a great match for light neutral skin tones and it does not oxidize at all.

To apply this foundation I either use my mac 188 stippling brush or my beauty blender. It applies smoothly and blends out nicely (and easily) but I find that some of the coverage is lost when using the beauty blender however it is very buildable so adding another layer isn't a problem. I love this finish of this foundation, it looks silky and has a slight glow to it without making skin look oily. My skin is slightly dry in the winter and I find that when I don't exfoliate before applying this foundation it will cling to even the least of my dry spots. I definitely recommend applying moisturizer and primer before applying this but if you have very dry skin I would not recommend this product.

One thing I dislike about the product is the packaging. It's heavy and bulky and deceiving about the amount of product actually inside.

I'm glad I tried this product and I'll definitely finish it but next time I think I'll stick with my tried and true original revlon colorstay.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by isabella8

I was looking for a heavier foundation to help cover some really bad breakouts I've had lately so I decided to try my luck with a whipped foundation. I've had good experiences with Revlon foundations in the past.

PROS: I love how easy it is to apply and blend. During the cooler months, I don't need powder to finish off because it dries to a powdery finish. If you moisturize really well, the result can be nice. I apply this with a foundation brush, dabbing first, then blending to prevent streaking. I also love how easy it is to build coverage.

CONS: The colours are not representative of the usual Revlon shades. I'm usually a Buff or Nude (or MAC NC25 for reference) but the Buff for this foundation is too pale on me. The next shade up Sand Beige was too dark, and Nude was way too pink. The shade order makes no sense! I ended up buying Buff and Natural Beige and blend the two. Beware--if you have dry skin, it will enhance it. I have to make sure I'm well moisturized.

Overall, if your acne is on the mend or have some discolouration, this could cover it. But for dry skin, this might not be a good match as it enhances dry spots. I tend to use this mostly in the summer when my skin is sweaty and oily--it covers like a dream!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:53:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Considering this is a drugstore foundation, this is amazing! it stays and look better throughout the day, the reason it didn't get full marks is because it doesn't photograph well... gives me white face, good for day, not night.