Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

3.9

Dimethicone, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Water, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-19/19 Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, C13-16 Isoparaffin, Adipic Acid/Neopentyl Glycol Crosspolymer, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, C10-13 Isoparaffin, Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Tocopherol, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum (Orchid) Flower Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris (Mallow) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Silk Powder, Alumina, Polyisobutene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Cyclodextrin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Silica, Methicone, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Silica Silylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2-Hexanediol --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77019/Mica, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxide, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 6/17/2014 12:35:00 PM

As someone who has struggled with hormonal, cystic acne and oily skin on and off since the age of 13 (I'm now 25, almost 26), it has been impossible to find a foundation that does not make my face a veritable oil slick and/or a mountain range of painful acne. I have tried everything, from Bare Minerals to Clinique to high- and low-end drugstore brands. While I do have to give a shout-out to anything Clinique, it just got too expensive to buy a new $30 tube every month to month and a half. I've been on the hunt for the perfect drugstore foundation forever and finally found it in Revlon Colorstay Whipped. It is AMAZING. The texture is perfect, it is easy to apply, and the coverage is moderate to full yet not cakey. I have tried several "whipped" or "mousse" foundations and they ALL made my face incredibly greasy by the end of the day. Liquid foundations tended to melt off of my face, leaving it splotchy with little coverage, and powders always looked too makeup-y and fake. This is the only foundation I have ever (ever!) used that leaves my face non-oily all day until I take it off; there is never reason for me to reapply or touch-up throughout the day. It was easy to find a color that matched my skin tone (200 for me) and, for me, it does not oxidize to a different shade after a couple hours of wear; what you see is what you get. The tub is small and the price is a bit high for a drugstore foundation ($14.50 where I live), but it is totally worth it. A little bit goes a long way; a tub usually lasts me about a month and a half! And the best part it, it does not make me break out! It truly is my Holy Grail, miracle foundation.

on 6/13/2014 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Being in the beauty industry I love finding Drugstore brand makeup thats comparable to the prestige brands as not all of my clients can always afford the high end stuff. I myself struggle with finding foundations which meet my expectations as I'm blessed with the skin type "combo/ T-zone oily" uugh in addition to fine lines on the forehead. So I want the coverage without the weight, no settling in the lines and something that stays put for more than 3 hours! Not to much to ask I think.. So based on rave reviews and really liking Revlon ColorStay Liquid Foundation, This too needed to be tried-n-tested.
The color selections were limited so I picked up the #250, did a swatch test, it disappeared as it should..Sold! I used it this morning following my daily routine of = Cleans, tone, oil-free moisturizer, primer, then foundation Note: I do NOT set my liquid foundation with powder as this creates the cake-effect (on me) I prefer to set with setting spray. The whip went on smoothly (used fingers then blended with stippling brush) it blended very easily and oxidized into a very nice airbrush/matte finish. as it did, I noticed It also lighten up a bit, too much for my liking. So I set out to exchanged this 250 wanting a 300 or 310. Walgreens, CVS, nor Walmart had either of these! my next option was a 320. NOT happenin. It's now 6.5 hours later from time of application and it feels greasy. It doesn't look greasy but still Not the result I get from the liquid version.
In conclusion and in my humble opinion, if you live in a humid state, have combo skin this may not be your best fit. However, what this comes down to is that each of us have our own expectations and idea of our perfect foundation. These products produce different results for each person, so give it try and in worst case if you don't love it simply return it.. :)

on 6/13/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This has been my HG foundation since it came out. If you have oily skin and deal with foundation oxidizing all the time, I highly recommend this! This stays put no matter what! It's definitely a long wear foundation. It's also a heavier coverage so it covers blemishes better than anything I've tried, yet it doesn't FEEL heavy. It's a light, almost mousse like creme and blends in easily. My advice is to use a a light hand. You don't need much of this foundation. I apply is with an Eco Tools Stippling brush and an Elf small stippling brush to get around the eyes and nose, and this is my favorite way of applying this foundation. So, after using this consistently since it came out, I decided to try Bare Minerals for a while because I've always been curious about it. I completely stopped using this all together for a few months and truly forgot how much I loved it. The Bare Minerals felt thick on my skin, did NOT cover blemishes well and had little to no staying power, also showed every little dry spot and bump. When I went back to my Revlon Colorstay Whipped I was reminded of how much better it is. My skin looks airbrushed.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

i LOVE this product. i've only used it with my real techniques expert face brush. and it works really great. the coverage is a little less than the liquid version of the revlon colorstay, but can still be built to a medium or full coverage.imo this lasts longer and the finish is more natural, a kind of "my skin but better". the original colorstay foundation is fabulous too however, the finish is a little too matte looking when intially applied. the whipped colorstay foundation looks more true to skin and the oil control is fabulous. when the original foundation breaks down at the end of a 12hr day i see shine peaking through but when the whipped foundation breaks down at the 12th hr i just look slightly luminous. the only thing i'm not entirely enamored with is the large bulky packaging this comes in (not good for traveling). and the only other gripe is that it does stick to my dry patches. but its not a breaking point for me. my color is buff and i'm a nc20-25. the color match for me is also pretty spot on.

on 6/10/2014 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This product looks lovely on the skin once it first goes on but it definitely doesn't last! After about 1 to 2 hours I looked like an oily mess.

on 6/8/2014 1:45:00 AM

I love this stuff! It gives me just the right amount of coverage and applies on the skin perfectly! It's such a nice product for a drugstore foundation! I love the jar it comes in. It looks nice and expensive! This foundation will last me for a long time because a little goes a long way! I will defiantly repurchase this!!

Cream/Mousee foundations are my favourite to use as they're good coverage but not heavy. I bought this in buff, which is the lightest. The coverage is full and you don't need alot for your whole face. I'm not 100% on the packaging and don't like using a lot. Overall nice foundation :) little pricey though.

on 6/6/2014 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

After watching many reviews of this foundation on youtube,i decided to give it a try.I purchased it in buff and another one in sand beige.I applied the foundation with my fingers and was amazed.It covered very well.It is a bit pricey for a drug store foundation.I highly recommend and would buy again.

on 6/6/2014 8:31:00 AM

This makeup goes on really smooth. It is definitely not a whipped texture; more like a heavy cream. It definitely goes on thick and sets fast. I applied with clean fingers. I like this makeup for the first hour and then it goes downhill from there. I have very dry skin and this really brings out any dry spots and makes me look old and tired. It stays put all day but is almost impossible to wash off. It feels like you are literally wearing spackle on your face. Yuck!

When I first tried this foundation, I didn't care for it. That was before applying it with my fingers! It's wonderful. It does a great job of covering up, and I find that once it sets it doesn't feel to thick.

Popular Crème Foundations