April 17, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Honey

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2013 5:50:00 PM More reviews by evapop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I soooooo wanted to love this product. Stains usually are so drying and unattractive. But this one - the promises! Long lasting, moisturizing, great package, cute color, pleasant mint scent. Plus, overall Revlon makes great lip products. I was really expecting holy grail.

Its not holy grail. In fact, this lipstick BETRAYED ME!

Hour 1 - The angels were singing. It looked and felt amazing. Could this really be a long wearing stain? This luscious, warm pink. It was love.
Hour 2 - What is going on? Why is it now hot pink? Its not bad, just not what I started with. Still cute. Products change, I can change with them. We can make this work
Hour 3 - You let yourself go. It feels dry. The stain is ok, but not 100% even. I think I need to starting seeing other products!

PROS:
- Goes on beautifully - lovely color, great feel, amazing minty scent
- The packaging is lovely
- It quite affordable - especially if you find it BOGO as I did
- Love that I could kiss my husband and have coffee without leaving a mark
- It does leave a stain - as promised

CONS:
- The color changes to a much darker, cooler one within an hour of wear -- not a bad color - just different
- Lasts, but only last ok, not great - some days its even, other patchy
- Leaves my lips dry when totally gone

All this said, I don't hate it. Its just not going to be an everyday/work appropriate product for me. This is great for the beach, ok for weekend errands. I will use up, I just won't repurchase.

Bottom line - long wearing sucks as a rule. Amongst them all, this sucks the least. But, ultimately, I rather reapply my Lip Butters or Neutrogena sticks or NYX glosses.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Hfritz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is wonderful!! I bought the shade honey, and couldn't wait to put it to the ultimate test. I applied at 6PM then wore it around the house for a few hours, went out with friends to dinner, drank ate you name it, came home and it was still right where I'd put it nearly 7 hours before. I'm usually quite sensitive to long wear products they make my lips dry out and peel, but although the balm part of this was long gone, my lip still looked and felt hydrated by the end of my long night. If I hadn't taken it off with remover before going to bed, I'm convinced it wouldn't still been there in the morning! Highly recommend!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by jewelmeow

this is an above-average product. moisturizing, long wearing and easy to carry around. inexpensive also. however the packaging is a bit cheapish and if you have dry lips, the color may make your lips look like they're bleeding and chapped.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Can't say anything that hasn't already been said; this is a great product. Pretty, easy, foolproof, long-wearing, moisturizing, lightweight in feel, self-sharpening. Lovely MLBB shade. This last year has brought so many good drugstore lippies!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 12:06:00 AM More reviews by vintagy

This is my favourite lipstick of all time. I have this in four shades, and my favourites are Honey, a MLBB shade that suits all skin tones and looks super natural, and Crush, a cool-toned deep red shade that brightens up my complexion. I would highly, highly recommend these to anyone who likes moisturizing, long-lasting lip colour that self-sharpens in a sensible packaging, has minimal transfer, looks beautiful, and is inexpensive. It is seriously the whole package. I don't know what else I could ask for. Before these came out, I liked the Revlon lip butters the best but these definitely top them. I hate transfer and I don't like constantly reapplying my lipstick so this is perfect for me! Lasts for 4-5 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 7:13:00 AM More reviews by AnnaSmith11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE IT! The colour looks slightly purple ish when first applied but then settles into a nice pink colour. It has a slightly minty smell, quite settle. It's very long lasting although it starts to fade a little after a few hours. It also very hydrating which is good news for me considering my lips can get dry. Also it doesn't really smudge and feels good on my lips. I will definitely purchase more colours in the future. :)

PS: If I could I would give it 4.5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2013 12:19:00 PM More reviews by lac66

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love this product! It slides on so easily and the colour is so nice. The only thing I do not like is the scent, it is peppermint and that is not a smell I like, but when your wear it you cannot smell or taste it xx

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 10:35:00 PM More reviews by lillyrowan

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

Being a pale gal (NW15) I have trouble finding nudish shades that work well for me. Usually when I try something nude/natural I look like I died 2 days ago, or that they are too brown/orangey ... whatever. This shade Honey is perfect for me. It looks natural on me, but better -- the original my lips but better. I do not find the formula drying and the color lasts 4 to 5 hours. Great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by Silverchair

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all this lip balm was so hard to find when it was released!! I've heard stories about other ppl having to hunt it down. Its a pretty brownish pink and the most natural of the kissable balm stains. This is a nude that might work for every skin tone. While its a nice color I don't like it by itself. I feel it leans too brown on me and I just don't like it. (I am mac nc 42 by the way). I also noticed its a bit drier than my other balm stains. Yesterday I placed some over my revlon lip butter in berry smoothie (HG everyone needs this MLBB shade) and the result was great! Placing it over the lip butter gave it some shine and made it pinker (as berry smoothie is a nice rosy pink). I can see myself wearing this combo everyday from now on. I only use a dab of the berry smoothie and then use the honey. Topping it off with gloss looks very nice too. I will be repurchasing when mine is finished.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2013 10:10:00 PM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

'Honey' is the perfect my lips but better colour for me. A warm mauve-pink.

Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Lip Balm Stain's come in crayon-like packaging, no need for sharpening as the product has a wind up mechanisim. They smell very strongly of mint which I personally loooove & they apply very easily. Can be applied sheer but they do develop themselves to become brighter not too long after. They aren't the most moisturising nor are they extremely drying so I would say you can definitely feel you have something on your lips but its not uncomfortable at all for me.

They last extremely well! It lasts for 5+ hours before needing to reapply for more opacity but they do leave a light colour on your lips which is great. If you immediately eat or drink after application though, colour will come off. The stain needs to develop and actually 'stain' the lips for a while, so if I do that, after eating or drinking the colour will still be about 80% there which I was impressed with.

Overall the lip stains are a great lip product for someone who hates touching up. There is also a pretty good shade range to choose from. Highly recommend!