September 19, 2014 | 934 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by justbeinghonest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, mild rosaecean/SD prone skin, and this moisturizer has been a lifesaver! I've been using it for only two weeks, but it has caused no additional redness or irritation. No fragrance, minimal ingredients -- seemingly perfect (knock on wood).
Edited: caused breakouts, lowered rating

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After a bad experience with a very unhygienic MAC makeup artist, my skin broke out in numerous little bumps, all over my forehead, cheeks and chin. My skin was feeling itchy, tight and uncomfortable, and I pulled out one of my Avene Skin Recovery Cream samples that I picked up from work the other day. I've used this twice, once before bed and in the morning, and my skin is so so much better. This totally cleared up any itching and redness I had and helped to soothe my irritated skin. I normally have oily/combination skin and this does make my skin feel a little greasy (after all I'm used to all my mattifying face products) however I'm not complaining :) Very, very pleased with it. I don't think it would be suitable to use on a daily basis though, but for times like these it works an absolute treat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use recovery cream over my glycolic creams and diacneal at night. Gentle and while it's not the most emollient, it heals and protects against drying effects of retinols. It's not greasy or heavy so perfect for the daytime as well. Avene is affordable, gentle and effective line that has given me consistenly great results. Love the tubes that is not only hygenic but allow use to the last drop.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Everlastinad

Love this moisturiser! Very light, suitable for day and night use. This is going to be my 4th tube already. It does help if i have redness on my cheeks, blotchiness or dryness. I'll apply slightly more during the night and u can see the redness gone the next day. It has a non greasy feel after application and doesnt make my skin oily at the end of the day. I have acne prone skin, dry cheeks sometimes and oily t zone but it really did improve my skin condition after trying this cream. The only downside is that the contents in a tube is quite little for the price. But definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by isabelle7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE it !
The winter weather left me with extreme dryness and redness around my eyes and cheeks as well as eczema on my neck and chin.
I tried everything but nothing would get rid of it for 3 horrible months. Then I decided to buy this product and applied it on my face before going to sleep. The morning after I was amazed: more that half of the dryness and redness was gone.
Then for the following week I was a bit disappointed as the other half did not seem to improve at all.
3 weeks later, my skin is really soft and healthy looking and the redness and dryness have gone completely.
As for my eczema I used a specific treatment that seemed to make it go an come back all the time. Since I used Skin recovery on top of this treatment the eczema seems to never come back again.
It really works for me when I donít apply it straight after cleaning my face but after I let my skin dry for a while. My theory is that letting the skin dry allows the rough surface to separate from the healthy skin underneath. And thatís when Skin recovery can best do its job on that rough part!
Anyway I will keep buying this again and againÖ

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 4:03:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love the rich version of this cream as an eye/lip balm. Although the rest of my face is very oily, the skin around my eyes/lips is very dry, but many creams cause milia or breakouts. I bought it because of the high shea content when a Bioderma sunscreen caused severe irritation around my eyes and found it very soothing and plumping without causing puffiness. It is also the best lip balm I have found and makes a great base for lipstick, without giving me tiny pimples around the mouth area, as sometimes happens with other lip balms that I have tried. The skin on my neck is very sensitive and this caused no problems when I used it in place of an A-derma cream.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jadengai

I have really sensitive, blotchy, rough like tree bark skin, redness, itchiness and flakiness all together. I believe how I got this bad was that I used nearly-hot water to shower instead of lukewarm water, which gradually striped moisture off my skin. My skin got so sensitive because of dehydration. I didn't realize this until I start using Avene skin recovery cream.

At first, I thought my skin changes as I get older, so I turned to use a more nourishing cream which did make me feel much better, no tightness. But a week later my skin gets oily very easily, and soon pimples, zits, whiteheads all appeared. I did use hydrating masks, but still no good result. My skin could not absorb anything, all the cream and masks I used were left on my skin, leaving it oily and ruined.

So I turned to Avene recovery cream, with the Avene thermal spray. I first spray a mist of thermal water on my face, wait for it to dry up for 80%, then apply the cream and rub it into my skin with the thermal water. It absorbed right into my skin, there's no oiliness or tightness. I tried to rub it in without the thermal water, it won't absorb in. Maybe becoz my skin was too damaged that it needs the thermal water as a sponge.

After 4 days of use (day and night), my skin had such improvement (no more pimples, whiteheads) that I decide to keep using this cream as a night cream. But this is a bad decision, becoz after my skin got much better (smooth but still with tightness), this cream starts to lose its magic. It would not absorb into my skin, leaving it greasy. My cheekbone area turned red again and on top of that, white cysts start broking out all over my face. I figured out that it's the mineral oil in this cream.

So, only use this cream when your face break out badly, damaged and must stop using it after it recovers.

It's stupid that this cream can be only use as medication and thus not worth for its price. But then this is the only thing that cures burning faces, so good to keep one near you.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/16/2010 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Lils88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I used to have this as my moisturiser. I don't think it is too thick for me as I did not see an increase in my skin problems but it did not help with my existing issues either. I first started on this as my mother got this from her dermatologist when her skin reacted badly to some products, she now use this on my brother who has really irritated skin on his back.

I don't particularly like or dislike this product but I think it will work best on people either with irritated skin or very dry skin. If you have 'normal' skin, then this probably won't make much difference to you.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2010 12:17:00 PM More reviews by Breve

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this as a nightime moisturizer. I tried wearing it during the day but it was just too heavy (I think it's the mineral oil), even for my dry skin. My skin ate it up and it was very soft afterwards, but it gave me a bit of breakouts. However I find wearing this at night is perfect because your skin dries out during the night so the more emollient lotion is perfect for that. When I wake up in the morning my skin is soft but not oily and I don't need to wear a lotion during the daytime anymore. One lippie off for the price and the fact that it's too oily to wear during the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2010 2:50:00 PM More reviews by MissTrine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my absolute favorite cream for my face. I have used it nonstop since 2006 and my skin is so soft and moisturized all through. It is mild enough to use as an eyecream.

Now theres a new richer formula, I use that instead, because I love how it feels.

Would I buy this product again? I have the last 4 years, so yes.