August 20, 2014 | 1952 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Greensmoke

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by pisces31919

This color is more silver than green but it's still a part of my collection. I love the way it makes my brown eyes pop!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 6:06:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

GREENsmoke... I wonder why they called it that way. There's no green to it, except for a hint of green shimmer. Doesn't matter, because the color is beautiful. Blends well. Hate the fact it's a lustre though, glitter tends to fall out easily.
Tanja

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2008 8:08:00 PM More reviews by AliceF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

Greensmoke is aptly named. When you look at it, you don't think it is going to be a very versatile shadow, but it really is. I have golden olive green eyes and pale NC 15 skin, dark brown hair. I apply it wet and find that is the only way to make the lustre formulas work without having to deal with shadow fallout. I have worn it as a liner, a crease shade, but mostly and as a smoky all over shadow. Applied wet it goes on darker and opaque and the shimmer stands out more, but you will have no trouble with little bits o' lustre being strewn about your cheeks and under your eyes. When used wet, there are no lustre probs at all! Get wet girls! I cannot stress this enough. If you are using it as a crease shade however, you'll want to use it dry as blending a wet shadow can be a problem.

While it goes with a lot of my Mac shadows (Sumptious Olive, Mulch, Sable, Juxt, Ricepaper, Brule), it doesn't always suit my clothes, so I mainly wear it with black, white and brown, which it looks fab with. It is a cool grey inspired shade and I am warm skinned, but it doesn't look too cool. I disagree with those who say it is grey, not green. I have green eyes and up against my eyes this shadow is definitely green! It has grey undertones.

It doesn't go with warm shades like Arena -- too contrasting. However, a warm peachy blush adds a nice glow and is enough distance from the eyes for us warm gals. This is one of the few cool shadows I can get away with. Greys for warm skinned girls must be mixed with another colour. (Those looking for nice plum greys should see the Elizabeth Arden Plumtones Quad = perfection)

Most often I partner Greensmoke with Juxt, Mulch or Lise Watier Chocolat, a rich matte chocolate brown, smoked out at the corners. With the right brush, it makes an excellent liner too.
I will definitely repurchase when this runs out and am thinking about getting a double for my purse too! I have the pan-palette so no packaging complaints.

Terrific, unique, flattering shade.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2008 2:38:00 AM More reviews by jin1022000

LOVE IT!!! When I first tested this color on the back of my hand, i was wondering "GREENSMOKE?! where's the GREEN?!" ... it has a lil bit hint of green in it~ but it's still a very lovely color!

I've been using greensmoke everyday for the last couple of days, everybody luved it~ and asked me which brand I use, I let them guess... most of them got it right, MAC! lol (some guessed NARS night porter... XDDDDD)

the package, I think everybody already know how MAC eyeshadows' package look like~

Def. will repurchase! but I truely don't think I'd ever finish it~

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LaciP504

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Tarnished olive and a lustre. I don't have any problems w/ the lustre formula as far as application, glitter fallout, etc. This one is no exception. Love it on my hazel eyes, often pair it w/ humid now. Retails for 14.00. MAC C3/NC 20-25, 1.5 (shell) Chanel T.I.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by vickybee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, what can I say about Greensmoke? Its quite simply gorgeous. Its described as "tarnished olive" and it is pretty much that on my NC25 eyelids but it looks much better than it sounds! Its got something else to it, bits of silver or grey almost. I can only describe it as a cool-deep-olive-green-smokey-taupe. I find it so versitile because you can really smoke it out or apply it lighter for a natural taupey look. The texture is quite grainy (as with other lustres) but it is completely managable. I love to pair Greensmoke with Retrospeck (also a lustre). Its just one of those WOW colors for me. I have even gone out and purchased some olive colored clothing (didn't really have any green in my wardrobe until recently!) just so I could make Greensmoke pop! This shade is a MUST for brown-eyed girls and I would definitely purchase this color again in a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by OmToast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's like the glittery green love child of olive drab and greyi! A nice, cool-toned, silver/grey-green with moderate sparkle that looks far, far more obnoxious in the pan than it does once applied (i.e. no fairy-cheeks). It applies spurprisingly sheer, but builds nicely. Though it ultimately never gets truly dark, thanks to the silvering. Gorgeous in the crease/outer corner laid o'er Juxt. Would definitely repurchase -- it's quite versatile; like a neutral green. Yay!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2008 4:09:00 AM More reviews by hollicita

Love it! It's a perfect green-grey color, it looks awesome on brown eyes. I never have any problems with flaking, which is surprising considering it's a lustre formula. Looks gorgeous, great staying power (esp w/ UDPP). I've had this for quite some time, but never really used it till now... don't know what I was thinking! Def. will repurchase & recommend! Especially to those brown-eyed gals!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2008 10:14:00 PM More reviews by hotAsFiya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I adore this e/s. I can see it being difficult to work with because the texture is rather grainy. I love using my 224 brush to blend on outer V and give me a smokey look. Love pairing this with Juxt, Sumptuous Olive, and Femme Noir for a super sexy smokey green eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by JadziaDAx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This one redeemed MAC shadows in my eyes! I swapped for this, expecting to be disappointed, but my skepticism disappeared when I wore this, as, amazingly, the shimmer did NOT end up all over my face, the color went on true and stayed on a long time, and the product blended well with other eye shadows. The color, a beautiful, nonbright (though not muted) green, brought out my own green eyes beautifully, especially when used with a coppery color in the crease. On my cool skin, the green became a bit teal-ish, which only enhanced it. The shimmer was kind of large, similar to the size a lot of MAC pigments have in them, but it was not overly shiny as a whole. Highly recommended!