MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

I was kind of skeptical about this color while I was looking at this in the store (i HATE their lighting at the MAC store). I thought it would be a decent highlight color, so I had a talk with the MUA there (she was African American) and she told me it's great for highlight when you're dark skinned like her, but it's a great lid color for fair people (like me). I ended up buying it and loving it! I'm not a fan of lustres AT ALL so I was kind of "ehh" about it at first, but I think it looks great on very fair skinned people. Would definatly purchase again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous colour! It was my first MAC eyeshadow and since then I've probably repurcashed about four times. I use Retrospeck everyday to highlight my tear duct & my brow bone. It looks so pretty on an olive skin tone. I agree with the reviews that say that it has to much fall out but paired with a primer underneath, the shimmer doesn't go anywhere. It's probably my favourite MAC eyeshadow.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this ES thinking it would pick up the gold in my eyes and make them pop more for the Holidays (2009).

ewww.. I did pop my cheeks and even my lips..lol.

It is a great color in the pan, but the mess from the glitter fallout is a pain in the arse.

Sorry MAC -- don't discontinue what works, but take these off the market. I would hate to have a speck fall in my eyes and mess up my contacts.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I agree with others who said there is just way too much fallout with this one. It's a glittery mess, IMO.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This was one of the first eyeshadows I bought, along with trax. I really didn't think I would wear it all that much at first, but it has a nice dent in it now. It looks really pretty on the lid, and I don't have problems with fallout, becuase I just make sure to pack it on the lid.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love mac and their shadows, but this is one that I'm not a big fan of. Too much fall out and you realllly have to use something under "painterly" to make it last and stay on lone. Wouldn't buy again...

I love the color of retrospeck. It's not too gold and not too frosted. As always, MAC has great blendability. I used it on my wedding day and it was a nice shimmery wash of color. I paired it with MAC's Satin Taupe in the crease and it was a really natural and classy look.

Wayyy too much fallout, it fell all over my cheeks and lashes!
Looked so pretty as a highlighter on the girl in the MAC shop so I asked her what color it was and bought it...
Would NEVER buy this again!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

In the store, Retrospeck came on really soft (easy to blend) and was this shimmery light gold color.. I bought it online (directly from MAC during the MAC "Sumo" sale)...and the one I got was very different than the one I saw at the store. The texture was very un-soft...hard to blend. The color was also darker than at the store...and had more of a pewter tint to it in the pan. The lighting at the store I bought it from must be gawdawful?? The only way I get any payoff at all with this color is to apply it with my fingers, that's how bad it is. I kept it just because I was too busy and lazy to return it right away.

This is one of the only Lustre eyeshadows I use from the MAC range. I find it is the only one that gives a colour payoff and doesn't just flake off like the others do. It is the perfect champagne colour and has great shimmer to it. It works beautifully with matte colours and also works nicely as a highlight! I'm on my second pan of this and it remains a staple in my eyeshadow collection.

Top Rated MAC Products