October 25, 2014 | 1593 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Lustre - Retrospeck

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Pineapplegirlie25

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was one of the first eyeshadows I bought, along with trax. I really didn't think I would wear it all that much at first, but it has a nice dent in it now. It looks really pretty on the lid, and I don't have problems with fallout, becuase I just make sure to pack it on the lid.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2009 3:18:00 AM More reviews by ggracebasa420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love mac and their shadows, but this is one that I'm not a big fan of. Too much fall out and you realllly have to use something under "painterly" to make it last and stay on lone. Wouldn't buy again...

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2009 More reviews by graciewacie

I love the color of retrospeck. It's not too gold and not too frosted. As always, MAC has great blendability. I used it on my wedding day and it was a nice shimmery wash of color. I paired it with MAC's Satin Taupe in the crease and it was a really natural and classy look.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by valeriebelien

Wayyy too much fallout, it fell all over my cheeks and lashes!
Looked so pretty as a highlighter on the girl in the MAC shop so I asked her what color it was and bought it...
Would NEVER buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2009 3:09:00 AM More reviews by LeeleeBell

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

In the store, Retrospeck came on really soft (easy to blend) and was this shimmery light gold color.. I bought it online (directly from MAC during the MAC "Sumo" sale)...and the one I got was very different than the one I saw at the store. The texture was very un-soft...hard to blend. The color was also darker than at the store...and had more of a pewter tint to it in the pan. The lighting at the store I bought it from must be gawdawful?? The only way I get any payoff at all with this color is to apply it with my fingers, that's how bad it is. I kept it just because I was too busy and lazy to return it right away.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 2:31:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the only Lustre eyeshadows I use from the MAC range. I find it is the only one that gives a colour payoff and doesn't just flake off like the others do. It is the perfect champagne colour and has great shimmer to it. It works beautifully with matte colours and also works nicely as a highlight! I'm on my second pan of this and it remains a staple in my eyeshadow collection.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2009 12:53:00 AM More reviews by snwsnw

Bleh...I do not like this eyeshadow at all. It looks beautiful in th pan, however looks are quite deceiving in this case. Retrospeck has waaayyy to much fallout and absolutely no color payoff. I was really disappointed with this formula. I have another lustre formula eyeshadow (Gleam) and it sucks as well. Anyways, I would never buy this shade or formula for that matter again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2009 12:22:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is for now, the only gold mac shadow that I have. I really like it. I wore it today with sable in the crease, it held up and looked beautiful. The swatches on the mac site are horrible. I always look on here to see what shadows really look like, and this was what I was expected.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2009 11:51:00 AM More reviews by lmb31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wore it under the brow on my wedding day along with Honesty and Retrospect!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 2:33:00 PM More reviews by katie2009

I love this eyeshadow, had seen in the shop many times, but never bought it, then I got the chance to swap for it, and I am glad I did!
I like some ohters that have reviewed this shade also find it best to apply with my finger, goes on really nice, despite being a lustre finish which I am not usually very compatable with! the colour on me come off as a neutral type of gold with a shimmer, lasts fairly well!
Today I did a new look with it, using retrospeck and the Stila banana daiguiri trio. {not sure what the exact shades in the trio are}
Heres what I did: retrospeck on the lid, then the middle lightest shade from the stila trio on the outer v,, its like a matte beige with pink tones, then the darkest shade in the crease, i never thought I would use the dark shade, its almost like a matte dark chocolate shade, but it went absolutly perfect with this combination and looked great!
I would definatly buy retrospeck again!