Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

3.5

Lauroyl Lysine, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Soil Minerals, Silica, Mica, Calcium Silicate (+/-): Zinc Oxide (CI77947), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499)

on 4/11/2011 9:07:00 AM

Just bought this little baby and I've gotta say, I'm already impressed. I have red patches, blemished and dark circles, basically I'm CURSED. This is evening me out really well. When the foundation is used in tandem with the warmth and mineral veil (they both come in the starter kit, which I just bought) I look fresh and glowy. I have the original formulation and oil control is pretty good, I suffer from an oil slick of a t-zone when it's hot outside and this foundation is keeping it right under control. The brushes that came with the kit could benefit from being a little softer, but I wouldn't call them scratchy. The concealer brush is hands down the best thing in there brush-wise, just the right firmness and size. All in all, it's working out great! I'll update this in a week or so to let you know how I get on.

on 4/2/2011 10:43:00 PM

This is my summer foundation. I live in the deep South, and liquid foundation gets all over my cell phone...it's just gross. This and my kabuki brush (I have fairly light) has worked for me. I did go to a Bare Escentuals store - not to Ulta etc... and got a really good match to my skin tone. I had this product before in the starter kit but the color was too light for my skin tone and it didn't look good. I spray Urban Decay All nighter setting spray over this instead of powder and I'm good to go. I just wish bareMinerals didn't make such a mess when I apply it -- but I guess there is really no way around that part of it. Pressed powder would just not work for me.

So I bought the starter pack, after a sales assistant gave me a make-over with the products and I fell in love with the effect.
The main thing with this product and the whole kit in general, is that, if done properly and given plenty of TIME to the task, the effect is stunning, really natural and luminous and just beautiful skin. HOWEVER, realistically I can't dedicate so much time every day to achieve this look, and if done hurriedly it looks pretty rubbish. Also if you have dry skin, it accentuates it and even after you moisturise the dry area, this foundation will make it look flaky.
I would reccommend this product to people with already good skin because it will take you less time to achieve a gorgeous look. For the rest, unless you have time to dedicate, this product is not really for you.

on 3/31/2011 10:09:00 AM

I could not achieve moderate coverage with this product as the manufacturer promised. I also didn't like the feel of wearing powder. But seriously though, Holy Mess! Blending two powders and swirling and stuff to achieve the perfect shade is just not a realistic task for me to accomplish in the morning. This product would be perfect for someone who has almost perfect skin and just wants to even it out a bit, but otherwise it's quite difficult to achieve adequate coverage. This wouldn't have garnished the product such a low rating if the manufacturer didn't adamantly promise that heavy coverage could be achieved.

on 3/30/2011 6:29:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this powder! Have used it for a few years now. I can pile it on and still look natural, whereas if I did that with any other foundation I'd look horrendous. I do, however, have to have a liquid foundation first underneath it, otherwise I find it takes too long to build up and doesn't give the coverage I want. I also love the shade as it adds warmth to my face, I don't know how but it's some kind of miracle worker.

Packaging is a bit annoying as it can spill so easily, and that whole method doesn't even work for me, so i have to do it my own special way! Which everyone else probably does aswell... but sshhh :)

To sum this foundation up - love love love love love.

on 3/23/2011 12:43:00 AM

I have acne prone skin and after researching a lot of different minerals I decided to give this a shot. I ordered the starter kit from ebay (a lot cheaper!). I normally use Physicians Formula, but thought about getting something with a little more coverage. BM does provide more coverage HOWEVER if you tend to have oily skin do not buy this product, I started breaking out almost immediately and the oil on my skin was horrendous. I think this would work well for people with normal skin, just not oily.

I have been using this foundation for years now an I can't imagine using any other foundation. It just looks so natural but at the same time it covers everything! It is also very easy to apply! Just perfect! :)

on 3/21/2011 7:36:00 PM

The powder consistency is not good for oily or dry skin. For dry skin it accentuates flakes and for oily skin it just sits on top of the skin. It does help even out my skin tone a bit. The color is just right I think too. I think I would like to try a liquid foundation after this. It has not helped my skin improve like some claim it does. Not at all. If your skin is not dry or oily AT ALL and just needs the tiniest evening out this might work for you.

on 3/17/2011 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

It's just a messy pain to apply. And it makes my face look oily, and accentuates fine lines. I'm not a fan. Love the kabuki brush, though.

on 3/17/2011 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

i am not sure if it is only me or others had the similar problem. my skin tone is nc 25, i consider myself as light to medium. i purchased the starter kit for light skin tones, it comes with 2 foundation shades and both of them are too dark for my skin, and i am not even that light for the color description of the company. coverage is good, finish is not my taste, but i always get the desired finish with my body shop vitamin e facial mist so finish of any product doesnt really matter for me. i strongly recommend you to get color match and dont get it online. i am not gonna go the bare minerals counter and try to get matched because first 2 lightest shades was way too dark for me, so i dont belive that their color scale will suit me.