April 17, 2014 | 1234 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by HollyBee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on clearance at Ulta for about $1.50. I've never tried Rimmel foundations before, but it was so cheap that I had to get it. The shade I got is a pretty good match for my skin tone, and for the price I really like this foundation. It doesn't oxidize on me, like so many other reviewers and it has pretty good staying power. It doesn't stay matte ALL day, but it does better than a lot of other foundations. If I found another one at the same price I would definitley repurchase, however I probably would not pay full price as it is pretty light coverage and I just can't get away with that everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

i got this dirt cheap from CVS when they were doing the 75% clearance. well, this foundation sucks ass because it really oxidizes like crazy on me. Besides, it doesn't mattify my face at all. I wore this to work one day and came back to notice that my face was orange compared to the rest of my body. well, i can't have that so I have it in my giveaway bin.
I do not recommend this product to anyone really... color matching is a pain in the a** and even if it matches, it will oxidize like crazy on you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I absolutely hated this foundation. Probably the worst I have tried. The coverage it provides wasn't the problem. It was how this foundation settled on my skin making me look very oily and orange!! Yes, I made sure to find a good match for my skintone, but it completely oxidized within 30 mins after applying and made me look like an oompa loompa!! Not cool. Does not make your skin "matte". I have oily skin so that could be a problem why, so girls with normal/dry skin might have better luck than I did. Settles into lines and will accentuate dry patches, so moisturize well!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the packaging...and that's about it. I got this on sale at Fred Meyers for $3 and figured, 'why not give it a try?' I have worn it for a week now. 5 days with a primer (The Present by Philosophy) that makes my other foundations look like pure heaven on my skin and 2 days without just to see how it would wear without one. Firstly, this foundation is somewhat thick. I hesitate to say that it is creamy because is more of a mousse texture. It is hard to work with as well. I tried putting it on several different ways; fingers, damp sponge, and foundation brush. Each technique posed a problem with application- this stuff dried before it could be blended and felt somewhat like dry peanut butter going onto my face. When it dried, it dried in patches, even with a moisturizer and primer underneath. It also oxidized like crazy and turned orange in a short amount of time when it had gone on in perfect color only minutes before. Lastly, the coverage is a bit of a joke. There is little to no coverage and for so thick a consistency with a product, I would expect it to cover a bit more than it did. I would not recommend this product to ANYONE. It is hard to work with and is not worth the effort, even for the sale price of $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not pick on liquid foundations for the reason that a lot of them are very thick, have a shimmer to them and with the application of any make up over them they make you look like a cake face.

My usual liquid foundation is Alamay Smart Shade. The other day at the drug store I ran across this product though while looking at eye shadows, it was on sale for 3.50 at a last chance offer. I figured I may as well save about 10$ and try this foundation out. I got it in color 200 (soft beige). I do like this product for the reason that it applies like a lotion instead of a thick concealer but I don't like it at times because it's very runny and you have to be careful to not squeeze to much out. As far as last time the bottle says it should have up to twelve hours of matte protection. I have worn this product in the blistering heat, dinner and the mall all in one day and came home and it still had the same coverage. I Really recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on super sale at CVS. If it hadn't been so cheap I probably would not have even bothered, but I figured "hey, might work". Nope, didn't work. The texture of the foundation is fine, though I am not used to working with anything that watery, and the color was okay for about 10 minutes until it oxidized on me. I tried it with 2 different primers in hopes of keeping me from looking like a pumpkin...no such luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this product may not be the very best foundation BUT for us sensitive skin/ acne prone galls its a freaking godsend!! 1. It's ingrediens are ALL natural and have NO parabens. 2. It has salicylic acid so it actually has made a few pimples go away completely while wearing it. 3. It unfortunately can look a little orange and streaky sometimes, but on days where I'm not doing anything special and I don't have many skin flaws to cover its my go to everyday foundation :3
It also does a pretty decent job of staying on~ for the price this is an awesome foundation for my uber sensitive/oily skin X3

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2011 5:18:00 PM More reviews by xoj3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased this foundation in the color 201 Classic Beige. What I first noticed with this product is that the colour I chose was completely not my shade at all -- it went on way too dark and cakey. The actual texture of the foundation is very liquidy and so I was shocked to read that it was "oil-free" .... overall, I was not satisfied with this product -- and I will be sticking to my lancome foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2011 5:55:00 PM More reviews by vickymouse

To start off with, the packaging for this is better than the Lasting Foundation from Rimmel. It doesn't leak or drip, which is great. The price for it is only about $6, making it very affordable.

However, this product is not great for combination skin at all. It showed my dry patches and brought attention to my pores. No bueno. It does blend out fairly easily and you don't need a lot. Coverage is light to medium, making it pretty natural looking (from far away). This looks good if you're 3 feet away from someone, but if they're right next to you, the makeup looks like it's just sitting on your face and kind of cakey even if u use a little bit.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone unless they just need something cheap to wear for a performance, where you are onstage, far from the crowd. It looks great in photographs too, just not in person or up close. It washes off very easily, but as soon as it is in contact with water, it turns white and drips off, so beware if you're planning on swimming or sweating a lot. Probably best for winter and if you already have flawless skin, but need it to look even.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by TMK6959

I bought this to use as a temporary foundation. I usually have nice normal-combination skin, but since getting pregnant my face is like an oil slick (hormones?), so I have found that my normal go-to foundations have been going shiny and sliding off my T-zone within a few hours of application. I highly recommend this product if you have oily skin and not much to hide as it is VERY SHEER. I have to apply a lot more of this than I would with other foundations, and dust a little bit of Maybelline Mineral Power Powder Foundation over the top to set the liquid and give me a little more coverage. This lasted all day on me without going shiny. The other thing I love about this is the color- I usually have a lot of trouble matching foundations to my skin tone, but I purchased this in the palest shade and it matched my skin EXACTLY- I didn't even have to spend a lot of time blending into my jaw and neck as I would usually have to with other brands. The squeezy tube is great too, and the price really can't be complained about. I would buy this again during pregnancy because it gives me a cheap oil slick fixer, but after I have my baby I will be returning to my other brands.