July 22, 2014 | 1935 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Stay Matte Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by cc001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I got this on clearance at Ulta (discontinued maybe?) for real cheap, so I decided to try it. It's not the best but its not the worst either. I doesn't really keep me matte longer, its just like ordinary foundations I have tried.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff sucks...

It has a thin consistency (almost like a tinted moisturizer) and therefor does nothing for coverage. I might be able to forgive that if it actually kep my face from gtting oily, but I really feel like this made my skin 2 -3x oilier than usual! I even tried setting with powder and trying a primer - no dice. I thought maybe I was being overly critical so I re-visited it a few months later and found myself just as frustrated. FAIL.

However - Rimmel has another foundation that I LOVE LOVE LOVE - the Lasting Finish stuff. That has great coverage and did a better job with oil control.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Haayleee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product had amazing packaging, very easy to use. I liked the feel of the foundation where i could just apply this with my bare hands and didn't need a brush or sponge to blend it out. BUT i HATE the actual product !!!!!!!!! in about 2 hours i looked like i dipped my face in oil. This is not a Stay Matte foundation its horrible!!!!!!!! now if you have combination dry this would be perfect for you i think it would give you a dewey finish. People with oily skin DO NOT bother wasting ur money !

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by HollyBee23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on clearance at Ulta for about $1.50. I've never tried Rimmel foundations before, but it was so cheap that I had to get it. The shade I got is a pretty good match for my skin tone, and for the price I really like this foundation. It doesn't oxidize on me, like so many other reviewers and it has pretty good staying power. It doesn't stay matte ALL day, but it does better than a lot of other foundations. If I found another one at the same price I would definitley repurchase, however I probably would not pay full price as it is pretty light coverage and I just can't get away with that everyday.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by MacAtFirstSight

i got this dirt cheap from CVS when they were doing the 75% clearance. well, this foundation sucks ass because it really oxidizes like crazy on me. Besides, it doesn't mattify my face at all. I wore this to work one day and came back to notice that my face was orange compared to the rest of my body. well, i can't have that so I have it in my giveaway bin.
I do not recommend this product to anyone really... color matching is a pain in the a** and even if it matches, it will oxidize like crazy on you.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I absolutely hated this foundation. Probably the worst I have tried. The coverage it provides wasn't the problem. It was how this foundation settled on my skin making me look very oily and orange!! Yes, I made sure to find a good match for my skintone, but it completely oxidized within 30 mins after applying and made me look like an oompa loompa!! Not cool. Does not make your skin "matte". I have oily skin so that could be a problem why, so girls with normal/dry skin might have better luck than I did. Settles into lines and will accentuate dry patches, so moisturize well!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2011 4:39:00 AM More reviews by nightinggale07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I loved the packaging...and that's about it. I got this on sale at Fred Meyers for $3 and figured, 'why not give it a try?' I have worn it for a week now. 5 days with a primer (The Present by Philosophy) that makes my other foundations look like pure heaven on my skin and 2 days without just to see how it would wear without one. Firstly, this foundation is somewhat thick. I hesitate to say that it is creamy because is more of a mousse texture. It is hard to work with as well. I tried putting it on several different ways; fingers, damp sponge, and foundation brush. Each technique posed a problem with application- this stuff dried before it could be blended and felt somewhat like dry peanut butter going onto my face. When it dried, it dried in patches, even with a moisturizer and primer underneath. It also oxidized like crazy and turned orange in a short amount of time when it had gone on in perfect color only minutes before. Lastly, the coverage is a bit of a joke. There is little to no coverage and for so thick a consistency with a product, I would expect it to cover a bit more than it did. I would not recommend this product to ANYONE. It is hard to work with and is not worth the effort, even for the sale price of $3.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2011 10:01:00 PM More reviews by barebeauty11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am not pick on liquid foundations for the reason that a lot of them are very thick, have a shimmer to them and with the application of any make up over them they make you look like a cake face.

My usual liquid foundation is Alamay Smart Shade. The other day at the drug store I ran across this product though while looking at eye shadows, it was on sale for 3.50 at a last chance offer. I figured I may as well save about 10$ and try this foundation out. I got it in color 200 (soft beige). I do like this product for the reason that it applies like a lotion instead of a thick concealer but I don't like it at times because it's very runny and you have to be careful to not squeeze to much out. As far as last time the bottle says it should have up to twelve hours of matte protection. I have worn this product in the blistering heat, dinner and the mall all in one day and came home and it still had the same coverage. I Really recommend this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2011 10:02:00 PM More reviews by carolmuncy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on super sale at CVS. If it hadn't been so cheap I probably would not have even bothered, but I figured "hey, might work". Nope, didn't work. The texture of the foundation is fine, though I am not used to working with anything that watery, and the color was okay for about 10 minutes until it oxidized on me. I tried it with 2 different primers in hopes of keeping me from looking like a pumpkin...no such luck.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Tsumaura

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

So this product may not be the very best foundation BUT for us sensitive skin/ acne prone galls its a freaking godsend!! 1. It's ingrediens are ALL natural and have NO parabens. 2. It has salicylic acid so it actually has made a few pimples go away completely while wearing it. 3. It unfortunately can look a little orange and streaky sometimes, but on days where I'm not doing anything special and I don't have many skin flaws to cover its my go to everyday foundation :3
It also does a pretty decent job of staying on~ for the price this is an awesome foundation for my uber sensitive/oily skin X3