November 20, 2014 | 1957 users online

Liquid - Lancome - Teint Idole Ultra 24h

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2013 2:57:00 PM More reviews by katrinaviolet

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was so grateful that I bought this product. It covered my post-acne red marks well without looking cakey, and although I wouldn't say that it lasted 24 hours, it definitely lasted through the day without needing to touch up. This held true even when I was walking about in a very humid climate when I was travelling, and I don't find it to be drying at home (I live in a very dry climate).

Although it is expensive, it has lasted me quite long. Matches really well with my skin (lots of options for both warm and cool tones), very nice coverage, easy to cover and blend with a brush or with fingers. I apply a normal coat with a foundation brush or buffing brush, and then take a small fluffy eyeshadow brush and buff in a little more over my more prominent red acne spots almost as a concealer. Then set with a bit of Lancome transparent pressed powder.

Nice matte finish so great for work or when you're being photographed. When I want a dewier look I just mix a little liquid highlighter in before buffing onto face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2013 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was using Makeup Forever Mat Velvet. I loved the coverage and finish of that foundation, but it turned into a greasy mess on the areas where I'm most oily. So I put a post on the Makeup Alley Message board asking for a recommendation. I wanted something that had coverage and finish similar to the Mat Velvet, but would do a better job of controlling oil. Someone on the board suggested I give this foundation a try. I've tried many different foundations, both drugstore and high end, but never anything from Lancome. I went to Sephora and got a sample. I told the SA that I wasn't sure what shade I needed, but that I knew my Color IQ number (which is 1Y07) She asked me what foundation, and she found it right away. She told me that the shade I needed was 230 Buff (Warm) I'm glad I asked, because I would have chosen a cool shade.

I've tried a few long-wearing foundations in the past (Estee Lauder Double Wear, MAC Pro Longwear, Immaculate Liquid to Powder Makeup, Pur Minerals, and Smashbox Studio Skin 15 hr) and haven't liked any of them. They were either too cakey or magnified the bumps on my face. So I was a little apprehensive about trying this one. I was also concerned the color would be off.

I put it on this morning around 8:45. I applied it using my fingers (which is my preferred way to apply foundation) and used my Aveeno Baby Daily Moisturizing Lotion as a primer. The color is a perfect match. This foundation is very easy to apply and blends like a dream. This foundation claims to be buildable and to never look cakey. I found both those things to be true. It also dries really fast, which I like. I usually apply my foundation in sections. It did a great job of covering my redness and small bumps on my face. I usually have a heck of time getting foundation to actually stay on my face. My nose, area around my nose, and chin are extremely oily. My cheeks and forehead aren't quite as oily. So foundations usually stays put on my cheeks and forehead, but disappears and breaks up on my nose.

This is, hands down, the best liquid foundation I've used so far. A little goes a long way, it looks natural, has great coverage. It does an excellent job of controlling oil. I've worn this for 12 plus hours, and it still looks amazing. It basically stays on until I take it off. But it doesn't feel heavy on your face, like a lot of long-wear foundations do. It doesn't disappear or break up, even on my greaseball of a nose! It makes my face look flawless (which believe me, it definitely is NOT)

I feel very confident and pretty when I wear this foundation. That is huge for me, because I've never had that with any other foundation I've tried. It's such a good feeling to know that I don't have to worry about my makeup disappearing or my flaws and redness coming through. I'm not a crier, but honestly, it makes me tear up just writing this.

At $45, this is definitely the most expensive liquid foundation I've used. But it is worth every penny. I don't regret purchasing a full-size bottle of this at all. I will definitely repurchase this foundation and will never use anything else. This is definitely HG for me. Thanks Lancome for making a foundation that actually lives up to its claims and does what it promises to do.
EDIT 12/4/13
I still really love this foundation, but it has been incredibly frustrating trying to find the right shade. The first one I purchased, based on my Color iQ number (230 Buff Warm) was too light. My mom told me she thought I wasn't feeling good because I looked more pale than mornal. But then she realized it was because my foundation was too light. So then I went back to Sephora and told an SA that Makeup Forever Mat Velvet 35 Vanilla is a good match for my skin. She squirted a bit of the Mat Velvet on her hand and then the Lancome Teint Idole next to it. She told me that shade 320 Bisque Warm was the closest match to the 35 Vanilla in Mat Velvet. I was immediately worried it was going to be too dark.

I applied it the morning of thanksgiving. I was on my way up to my aunt's house, who lives about an hour away. I happened to catch a glimpse of my reflection in the side mirror. I pulled down the visor mirror and was horrified! My face was Oompa Loompa orange! I wiped off what I could using some sterile alcohol wipes I had in my purse. The first thing I did when we got to my aunts was go into the bathroom and take off the rest of my foundation. There is no way I was going to be around my family looking like that. I decided I would rather go without foundation than wear that. I wanted to exchange it, but I lost my receipt and didn't have a state id at the time. I told the SA (a different one) that I was getting really frustrated. I told her I loved the Teint Idole Ultra, but was having a hard time finding the correct shade. She asked me which two I had already tried. I told her 230 Buff Warm and 320 Bisque warm. She asked me if I wanted to get colormatched. So she took the 3 shades in between the 230 Buff and the 320 Bisque and told me we could try them all if necessary. Another SA came over to help and said to not even try the 260 Bisque because it would be too dark. So we tried the 250 Bisque warm. It was a perfect match. It looked flawless and there was no tell-tale line on my jaw. She told me to be sure to check it at home due to the harsh lighting in the store. But when I got home, I checked it and it looked perfect. So I was FINALLY able to find my correct shade. I got a new id today and immediately went to Sephora and exchanged the 320 Bisque for 250 Bisque. I really wish it wasn't so complicated finding the right shade. But the SAs who helped me very very friendly and helpful.
EDIT #2 12/15/13
Even though, I FINALLY found the right shade, LOVE the staying power, and coverage of this foundation, in the end, I decided it was just too matte for my liking. So I switched to Lancome Teint Miracle and like that a lot better.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by Jessydphs04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used to love the old formula. I would use this in the bisque 4W but in the new formula I was matched to a 360N. Anyways I have been using luminous silk by GA ($60) and Laura Mercier's mineral powder for a couple of months....but I thought maybe I could try this again since the reviews are pretty great. Worst mistake. My skin is usually oily but this actually dried it out. So weird! The coverage is decent but I honestly prefer the old formula. I was afraid the color wouldn't match, but it actually matched me pretty well. I am NC30, 6 in GA luminous silk and Real Sand in Laura Mercier, for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Sandy01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is excellent! There are a good selection of colours and the staying power is fantastic! I work 12 hour shifts and my makeup still looks good at the end if the day! It's buildable coverage so you can go from day to night. I would definitely recommend this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by kaity1

ok so i have oily/combination skin and i bought this foundation from myer for around 50 bucks i used this foundation for the first time yesterday. i put it on before work in the morning and i loved the texture it glided on my skin really smooth and blended in really well i have fair/medium skin tone and i got the shade 010 and it was perfect. anyway by midday my skin was really oily and i had to use some powder so soak up some of the oil. It wasnt a hot day and i was in an airconditioned shop so if your skin naturally produces oil throughout the day dont use this foundation because it doesnt stop oil. I guess its only good for people with dry skin. I dont want to have to keep applying powder throughout the day so i wont be buying this product again which is a shame because the shade was perfect and i loved the texture when i first applied it. I will be going back to estee lauder double wear light as it lasts all day and my skin doesnt ever get oily even on a hot day.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2013 3:08:00 PM More reviews by beth2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FIRST OFF I WANT TO SAY I AM AN AVID MAKE-UP JUNKIE, BUYING USNIG AND REVIEWING MAKE-UP IS MY PASSION. I OWN MANY TYPES AND BRANDS. IN FOUNDATIONS (I ONLY USE HIGH END MAKEUP BTW) THIS IS FIRST AND FOREMOST THE BEST FOUNDATION, THE COLOR IM 260 BISQUE, THE TEXTURE, THE COVERAGE IS ALL THERE. IT IS GOOD FOR MY OILY SKIN, DOESNT SLIDE OFF MY FACE AN HOUR AFTER APPLICATION, AND LASTS ALL DAY AND THEN SOME. I TOP THIS OFF WITH A LITTLE BRONZER AND IM A FLAWLESS SATISFIED GIRL!

I LOVE IT MY #1 FOUNDATION.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by Melisaaaaxox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Amazing product i have to say one of my favourite foundations. i use this foundation when im on the more pale side. I have acne prone skin and as well oily skin and this foundation is defiantly full coverage, you only need about a pump and a half and the job is done, stays matt all day and literally lasts all day. Planning on buying another one of these in the color i am right now. Best applies in my opinion with the Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush #56 brush. I use this and dot the foundation all over my face then go in with this brush and use light storks, what this does is equally distributes the product all over the face without taking product away from other areas, learnt this teqnique from one of the ladies at sephora

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 5:47:00 PM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you are looking for a full coverage foundation, this is definitely one to try. Using this product, all of the acne scars on my cheek vanished.

My skin truly looked flawless without the use of any concealer. Sadly, the shade I chose, Ivoire C, was too pink for my dark skin. In addition, this foundation didn't feel comfortable.

I was very aware of the product on my face. It made my face tight and kind of stung. If you can find a shade that works for you and your skin takes to this product better than mine did, you will be pleased if full coverage is your aim.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by aipc29

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well finally a foundation that lasts and lasts. This was my first day of using Teint Idole 24hr in 310C Bisque. I've been working all day, shopped and cleaned house this evening. The makeup still looks good and that's with a moisturizer underneath. No settling in the creases or rubbing off. I believe it even kept my blush on. This makeup went on a 7am and now it's 10:30pm and still looks just as good without any touchups. Way better than that mineral crap that's gone in one hour. Too, too expensive, but I'd buy it again! Glad I used a coupon at HSN.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I really wanted to treat myself to a high-end foundation, and there were a few I had in mind, but I decided to go with the Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24Hr. It had pretty good reviews, and I like the wide range of shades to choose from. I am in love with this foundation because:
-Wide range of shades to choose from (I have it in 110 ivoire c which is a bit too dark so I would go paler when I do repurchase)
-Blends like a dream (I use the Sephora mineral powder brush)
-Amazing airbrushed finish
-Doesn't cling to dry patches
-Medium to full coverage, also buildable
-Lightweight
This foundation has a semi-matte, airbrushed finish and after a few hours of wear, I get a little shiny, but honestly, that doesn't bother me. It is a beautiful foundation and if you don't mind having your natural oils come through a bit or don't mind powdering for touch-ups, I'd say this is worth it.