September 3, 2014 | 1392 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2013 2:49:00 PM More reviews by wabuaita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm in love with this product. To be fair, I've never worn foundation because I'm not a fan of heavy products on my face. This is also the very first tinted moisturizer I've ever tried. BUT WITH THAT SAID.... it's perfect in every way possible!! It has awesome coverage for something that's not a foundation. It evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look fresh and dewy. I love that it's a broad spectrum SPF. Not sure about the other skin claims it makes. That wasn't the reason I bought it anyway.

I'm also an extremely lazy person so I like that I don't have to use moisturizer in the mornings when I wear this. I'm middle eastern and the alaska shade matches my skin to a T. It looks completely natural and it washes off easily with my dove soap at the end of the day.

It is a little pricey, about $42 for 1.9 oz. But I justified buying it because it's a two-in-one deal so I stopped using my regular moisturizer in the morning. I bought it in april, and 4 months later I'm only halfway through the tube. Will definitely buy again when I run out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

NARS is one of my favorite cosmetics lines - ever. They make very high quality products, and their foundation color range is second or tied to Bobbi Brown (who I think has the best foundation colors). The color on this was great (I used Alaska), because it has a very yellow base that is flattering on my skin tone and never made me look orange or pink, which I absolutely loathe.

Another positive about this tinted moisutrizer was the fact that even though it has titanium dioxide in it, I never saw a whitish cast on my face. Add to the fact that it never made me breakout, and had a good level of coverage, this is a very good product.

But why wouldn't I repurchase? I have decided that my skin does not take well to tinted moisturizers, I'm too oily. Even after powdering, this just became far too dewy on me, and ended up separating in places. I need my foundation to stay in place longer than that.

If I were to buy a tinted moisturizer ever again, this would be it, because it is a very well done product. But with the lightweight formula foundations they have out now that offer a satin/real-skin finish (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Armani Maestro Foundation), I'd rather opt for one of those and avoid an oil slick on my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Maycup000

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product gives decent coverage, it's leaves the skin with a dewy/matte finish. It has a slight citrus scent that is daily pleasant, fairly pricey, but worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by chechi

I have this in the shade cuba. I always wear this under primer since I work 12 hour shifts (it does not last long otherwise). I really enjoy using this product since it has an spf, and is complementary to my skin tone (has a yellow base). It evens out the skin tone and is moisturizing as well and you do need a concealer for additional coverage of blemishes, etc... I prefer this over the bobbi brown TM

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by cassandrabecky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received this item in a swap. I typically stay away from tinted moisturizer because I thought I needed more coverage. I was wrong! I still use a primer with this, followed by some under eye and spot concealer and a light dusting of powder. The finish is beautiful. It is natural and perfect for day time in the summer. I have large pores and combination skin - leaning on oily but with dry patches. I have no issues with this settling into my pores, which is usually my issues - however this might be due to the primer. I have not tried it without a primer, but with it (I use Becca Ever Matte Poreless Primer) it lasts pretty much through out the day with a few touch up with powder here and there.

I might still wear something a tad heavier in the evenings / nights, but that is just preference. I don't know much about the shades but took a chance on the shade Finland and it's a perfect match for my fair, NC15ish skin tone. Although does look a tad orange when I squeeze it in my hand, it blends to a nice match on my skin.

One thing I really like about this product, which I hate to admit because I usually stray away from it, is the fragrance. It just smells really nice and fresh. I love the spf content in this and overall it's a win-win product for me.

After using this I would be curious to try Nars other foundations because I never have. It is a tad pricey, but I have never minded spending more money on face / skin products if I really like the result.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 2:17:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

despite very misleading swatches of st moritz online, it is the perfect color for nc30. alaska was a little light and I will pick it up in the winter if my skin is still behaving.

I recently tried LM tm, it was a solid product but left a little to yearn for as it was too shiny without powder, and I have combo skin. I also thought sand was too dark while nude was too pale for my current color.
so, I headed out to try another tm and fell in love with this one.
unlike LM, this does not have a weird slip and stick feeling. it is very emollient and the best all in one where I don't have to use anything else on my face, honestly. Most other tms are not lacking in coverage but require extra steps, which defeats the purpose especially for summer when I don't want to layer things on just to have it slide off or cake up.

this is the lightest and creamiest tm I have ever tried, and it covers so well. I don't have bad skin, and I can bypass concealer for dark spots with this too. I really like this for an every day look that just radiates "au naturel" even when its not. women constantly compliment how great my skin looks and how I don't even use anything...yes....indeed...*shifty eyes*....

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 2:05:00 AM More reviews by slimm

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am so in love with this product! I have been wearing mineral foundation for years because I like the natural look and light feel. However, lately as I a approached menopause, I found my skin getting a little drier. I never considered a tinted moisturizer before, but got a sample of this at Nordstrom. After trying it, I had to go back right away and buy it. It makes your skin look flawless! Plus, it softens my NL folds, so it makes me look much younger!!! Also, it really IMPROVES my skin! I notice a difference even after I wash it off. If I go a day without wearing it, I find my skin in not as luminous whether I am wearing makeup or not. For me, this is a miracle product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by snowglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

THANK YOU FRANCOIS. Best TM on the market, period, and now I can finally wear it! I loved a sample I was given of this product some months back at Sephora in Finland, which was the lightest shade available at the time. I loved the coverage and the finish, but the color match was clearly off--too yellow-orange.

Fast forward to now. Terre Neuve has been introduced as the lightest shade in the line - it's fairer and pulls less warm than Finland. I'm so glad I can now use this TM; though it's pricey, it's worth it. I find it similar to Bobbi Brown TM in terms of coverage (heavier than perhaps what one would think from typical TMs), but NARS' finish is dewier without appearing greasy. Caking appears to be impossible with this wonderful product; no matter how coverage I've built up, this product delivers. I'm so glad I have this, especially for summer months when a face full of heavy cream or liquid foundation is not desirable but I still want some coverage and sun protection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Nocturnefata

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a total HG. I've only worn this for a few days. My combo skin is a bit of a wreck: Rosecea, crater like pores, acne scars, dull, dehydrated, and lifeless. This stuff lightly blurs everything making me look like my best even toned, naturally plumped, and and glowing skin from my teens minus the acne (I'm pushing 35). From a few feet away I look stunning. Seriously. No need for highlighter and I can get away with minimal everything else looking as perfect as I can ever hope to but like I'm not wearing a stitch of product. I even look well rested as it covers up my dark circles very believably while still letting them peek through so it's a totally natural effect. Closer up (like 12 inches or less) you can see it clinging ever so slightly to dry patches or if it wasn't blended in 100%. Exfoliate and Moisturize and the glow factor goes up almost to the point of needing to powder. Speaking of powder I've only tried it with Armani loose and pressed but it's done well with both. This stuff wears like iron on me and it looks better the longer it's on up to about 12-14 hours but then I get minor wear issues on the oilier t-zone, powder doesn't affect the longevity as I've gotten the same wear every time. I've only applied with my fingers. I use it sparingly all over my whole face and have taken it down on neck and chest once. It's rather undetectable if applied sheerly there as well. The texture is awesome between a gel and a liquid. It also applied quickly though setting time is high so you can really blend this baby out. You can build the coverage where needed. I would say wait though for a few minutes as it melds with your skin you may not need as much as you think you need.

I wear Siberia in SG in the winter and I know this new shade Terra Nueve is perfect for summer and may need the slightest touch of Siberia mixed in in the winter. This formula far surpasses everything else I own for natural looking coverage while still hiding things plus high SPF that actually seems to work.

As for the skincare claims, it's too early to tell. It feels great on, almost weightless. It feels great after I wear it not like a dried out husk like I do with SG. The SPF hasn't let me down so far and it's hot/humid/sunny in my neck of the woods. Seems to be mildly sweatproof and waterproof. It's hard to remove so you may need to double cleanse. If you are extremely sensitive to scent, this might be a deal breaker. It's a fairly strong smell of Sicilian Lemons but it dissipated almost instantly for me. No SPF smell here.

All in all I'd say this would work for scores of people out there including men and at any age bracket. Remember to try it out in a sample first especially if you are sensitive to scent or new to Nars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by SpottedGiraffe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just to start off so you know this is a (long) rave.

History with it - I recieved a sample of it at Sephora last October in the color St. Moritz. Not but two weeks later during F&F did I return to purchase a full bottle of St. Moritz, and I picked up another sample with points so that I could use it for travel.
I used this daily throughout the end of December, when it started to look a little too dark for my skintone as I lost my summer glow. I retired the bottle for the winter months.
But I definitely missed this TM. I stare at it longingly in my drawer, waiting for the day when I could pull it out again. I didn't want to fork over the money for another bottle when I have half a bottle just in the wrong color. Finally, in June this year, I just went and purchased the shade "Groenland" which matches me much better now and I'm back to wearing it everyday.

My skin - mostly normal/dry, but I get breakouts and clogged pores along my cheeks, and redness around the nose. So I have a bit to cover up, but mostly I want my foundation/TM to just even everything out. I also have a long working day (12 hours, usually), so I want something that won't be gone by the afternoon.

Longevity - it DOES stay on my skin all day long. I do wear a primer and set with a powder, but that is just what I am comfortable with. And no signs of cakiness throughout the day.

Feel - it is SO light, so smooth to blend in. I hardly use a brush when I apply. And as far as feeling it throughout the day, its not heavy or sticky at all.

Smell - it smells like Fruity Pebbles. And that puts me in a good mood. No irritiation.

Finish - it's definitely more coverage than your normal tinted moisturizers. I don't normally feel like I have to wear concealer over this, it covers my redness and any blemishes or acne scars. It covers but it doesnt look heavy. It's also pretty glowy/dewy. I'm dry skinned so I don't mind glow, and this is the perfect amount for me.

SPF - I like that there is SPF 30, even though I use it with my primer with SPF. Also, I don't notice a white cast in pictures because of the SPF.

Packaging - squeeze tube in a bottle. Convenient, easy to get how much you want, not messy. Not the most fancy, but I feel like it's easier to get more product out this way. TM is slightly "runny" in consistency, so I don't feel like too much will get left behind in the bottle.

Cost - $42 for 1.9 oz is pretty steep. But overall, I told myself it was completely worth it. First, it takes a while to use up the bottle. I used mine for 3 months solid last fall and I'm nowhere near done. I don't use a ton at a time, because of the good coverage. Second - I can use this everyday. work, play, shopping, travel, dressier events - this coverage is just what I need. So I don't need to swap between other foundations and buy anything, even from the drugstore. This is my go-to product, so I don't mind the additional cost. The only time I might not wear this is for a very nice event (wedding, nice dinners out, fancier parties), just because I usually pull out something like MUFE HD for that.

And the final piece of review I have is VERY YMMV and I only list it to share my experience with this product:
I think this foundation makes my skin better. I think it evens my skintone and I have less blemishes with it.
I had a lot of breakouts last summer and fall, I was trying a lot of products (peels, night creams, toners) to stop the constant cystic acne from appearing. I think those helped a lot, and then I think adding this TM didn't further aggrevate the problem and I went pretty much pimple free for months. Maybe just a small one around my time of the month. Unheard of for me. I also feel like I have less redness around my nose and cheek area. Am I imagining this, a placebo effect for using an expensive product?

When I stopped using the TM in December, I bought a couple of drugstore foundations (Revlon Whipped, CG 3-1, Loreal Lumi) over that time. (Sidenote - those 3 probably add up to nearly $42 and I was ultimately unhappy for one reason or another with each - so there's another point for cost justification). I also think they kind of jacked up my skin. I was getting crazy, red cystic pimples popping up on my cheeks, around my nose, all over. Maybe stress, maybe summer setting in, so I became more diligent with my skincare rourtine. Still, I was attacked by the pimples for about 2 months. So the ultimate reason I went back to buy the Nars was in hopes that it would settle my skin down again. And it's been about 2 weeks and we're back to calm, non-pimpley skin that looks nice even when I take my makeup off.

Overall - I'm certainly not a makeup snob, but I think I'm done trying the next new thing at the drugstore and hoping it works. I've found something that works great, and I will stick with it. I like how it wears, the color, the finish, and what it does for my skin.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No