October 26, 2014 | 969 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by gabriellerae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something lighter than the average liquid foundation to even out my skin tone and provide a flawless finish--without looking cakey or washed out. I was pleasantly surprised by the lightness and the level of coverage provided. I have combination skin that is more likely to be dry near my mouth (especially in winter) and oilier around my T-zone. With the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, my skin looked dewy without delving into that sopping wet overdone drag queen look. And since it's lightweight and pretty minimal, I don't have to worry about my face coming off on anyone's shirt when we hug.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

St. Moritz. I am too pale for this. It's the only one sold by Sephora that is travel size. I live an hour and a half away from JC Penny Sephora either Savannah or Charleston. 4 yrs ago Dallas TX.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD...
Now this is a product I really was not expecting to like so much! Radiance + oily skin = oil slick. I randomly picked up a sample of it because i've had a recent obsession with light foundation bases. Now my favorite tinted moisturizer is one whose coverage is easily notched up and down and this is really is good at that! Is really leaves me even and rather flawless looking. Texture is easy to work with and leaves a really healthy glow. I really like the packaging as well, super hygienic and easy to get the amount of product you need. Also I love that it nearly comes with 2oz, bang for your buck ladies!

THE BAD...
I still recommend concealer for really red and blotchy spots! Amount of dewyness may be too much for some oily gals to handle, but I like to set this with a light powder to offset it some! Also has a light scent to it which some people might not like!

THE UGLY...
The shades are not super well thought out, however since they are lighter in coverage technically you can get away without a perfect shade. As an NC25 Groendland, one of the new shades, comes pretty close although it leans a little pink. However, I find that the peachyness of it still works well with my skin.

Definitely a recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of my skin isn't all that smooth, so using anything heavier than a tinted moisturiser makes the makeup on my skin look extremely cakey. Also I have blemish free skin, so I didn't want to put on more makeup than my skin needs to look healthy.

I bought this in Annapurna (Medium 2) and use it along with my Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (Warm Honey/Golden) for spot concealing. It gives me a sheer, dewy coverage and that lasts and lasts and lasts. With this product, my skin is looks instantly better - glowy, golden and clear all at once. I'm extremely happy with this product and will keep repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's like they didn't even try to match the average human's skin tone -- unless it's overly spray tanned individuals. This is the most orange cosmetic I've ever seen. Thankfully I received a sample from Sephora and did not need to pay for it. The product itself is pretty decent. I have oily skin and it made my skin look oilier (I think the color really made it stand out).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2013 1:30:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use Groenland, even though I'm a medium to fair asian so assume nothing. Colour match is perfect.
Very easy to apply, must be the silicones which I normally hate, but like here. Smells nice and fresh. Coverage is quite good esp. as it feels so light.
I wore it through the summer with no breakouts. Finish is dewy but not too much. If you really want dewy, I'd still go with becca esp in winter or if you're dry.
I don't mind the price especially when compared to similar high end *cough* mercier, becca

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2013 9:35:00 AM More reviews by sweetlyvenomous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this tinted moisturizer. The finish it gives that is, not the oil clogs that it's given me.

I'm not really sure if this is the main culprit behind the many bumps and oil clogs I have now because when I first used it everything seemed fine... Anyway I tried a sample of this and laura mercier's tinted moisturizer, and felt that the finish for this was just gorgeous. It's definitely RADIANT, kind of a healthy skin look. Like the korean natural radiant makeup look. It's really the best finish I've seen compared to other bb creams/foundations like MUFE's HD, thus the 4 lippies rating.

However, this does "settle" and separate a little on me maybe because I'm too oily. It shows my flaky areas too, so it's not very moisturizing but still gave me oil clogs.

At $60plus where I live, it's just too expensive to repurchase for the skin problems it gave. :( Perhaps when my skin condition improves and has grown more resistant, I'll try this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by katayoun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This look gorgeous on! Love it. I am St. Moritz in the summer, and Alaska in the winter. I usually have to use another moisturizer underneath, and make sure my skin is very well exfoliated. This is my everyday makeup (wear it to work), and I usually receive a lot of compliments. I haven't noticed an "benefits," and sometimes I breakout a little (very acne prone); but, it looks very pretty, and that is what I am going for. I will likely continue to purchase this product.

Downsides? The color selection is awful. Truly awful. Alaska is supposed to be neutral, but its not really. It is more yellow/ orange than beige. Thankfully, this is a light coverage, tinted moisturizer, so an exact match isn't really a deal breaker ;)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by Freydeforce

I really wanted to love this TM. The finish was perfect for me and the color match was great. I'm an NC15 skin tone and the Light 0 and Light 1 were both a good match. I actually got very generous samples of this TM from Sephora and was loving it for a while. It blends so easily and does a great job of covering redness and discoloration. Makes my pores invisible.

However, I think this is what caused my face to break out in pimples that I NEVER get. I have combo-oily skin and unfortunately I am never pimple free. I always have one or two lurking but for a while my forehead and jawline were perfect until I started using this TM (I think). The past few weeks I have been breaking out in giant under the skin cysts on my jaw and cheeks something that has never EVER happened to me. I was very unsure of what the cause was and kept using this TM every once in a while. After thinking about it, I figured this must be what it is. It has dimethicone which may be the culprit. I tried it again the other night and only had it on for a few hours and when I took it off I had a new pimple. So, this must be it.

Such a shame because it lasted well on me despite my oily t zone and the color and blending was fabulous. If Nars took out the dimethicone and other bad ingredients I bet it would work for me, but I'm too scared to keep using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by xYvettex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first tinted moisturizer I have tried. It doesn't break me out and goes on really well doesn't set fast you have plenty of time to apply and blend. It is buildable, covers my acne marks, blemishes, and redness without looking like a mask. It is natural looking.The only thing that I would say that was a negative was that I have to blot or apply my tarte smooth operator powder to set every three hours.... Not much staying power but other than that totally love:)