November 22, 2014 | 1866 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why have I not written a review for this yet?! I've had it for over a year now, and because I have a lot of other foundations/base products in my routine, I still have quite a bit left (don't use it everyday). I used it today and it gives perfect light-medium coverage with just two little blobs of product. It doesn't quite do much for my undereye circles, and one time I accidentally put too close to my eyes, and they burned. So if you're sensitive to sunscreen near your eyes, don't even bother putting under. I just used a separate concealer for that. I like that it has a decent SPF of 30, and actually covers, unlike most TMs. For a decent coverage to get you out of the door, slap this on and spot conceal.

They have a rather decent shade range, and they've even added a few lighter shades to better match more people. I'm St. Moritz, and it's pretty much a perfect match. It just blends right in and looks like my skin but much better. I'm around NC40/42, Stromboli/Barcelona, tan olive skin. I like to apply it with my fingers. I feel like using a brush would kind of waste it and soak it up, so I just dot it on and pat it in with my fingertips. I'm also pleasantly surprised by how long it lasts on my combo skin. I'd say it does a full school day, of about eight hours or so. Only a bit of minor fading most likely occurs around the nose, but I think that's a common spot for fading since I usually rub my nose out of habit.

Overall I'd definitely say get a sample and try it out if you're looking to try a higher end TM with more coverage than you've probably seen from TMs. You also get 1.7 oz instead of just 1 so at least it seems like a good deal xD I used to use it a lot when I first got it last year, and I did remember seeing a minor improvement in the condition of my skin as far as the skin care benefits go. It seemed more supple and a bit clearer. I think I'm going to bust it out much more often and see if I can finish it up this winter. When I'm running super late I just use this and skip my moisturizer, and it's actually rather moisturizing enough. I quite love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so happy I found this! I have really yellow undertones and medium/olive skin. I asked on the Makeup Board for recommendations and this one of the products that was suggested. My shade is 'st. moritz'. It is a perfect match. I tried the shade one lighter than this (can't remember which) and that actually looked pretty good on me too, so i think that something about these shades make them work with wider range of skin tones than usual. The scent is citrusy but it wear off very quickly. I like how it smells but if a scent bothers you then it goes away so you don't have to worry about that. I just use a very small amount on my face (probably pea sized amount). It really evens out my skin and just gives me an overall glow. I would say this gives a light amount of coverage. It doesn't cover my acne scars but reduces how noticeable they are so they're not all in your face. I just look way better than i wear this! I believe I paid $42 for 1.7 oz, which is pretty pricey but I know it will last me a long time and it's so hard for me to find a shade with enough yellow in it. If you have strong yellow undertones, I strongly recommend that you at least go out to sample it. If you want more coverage, they make a sheer glow foundation, which i also purchased for when i want my skin to look more flawless. I would definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by betagal

Until NARS introduced the Groenland color, I couldn't find a decent match that wasn't too light. Even Groenland is a bit too yellow, so, after using it all over my face, I use a little Terre Nueve along my jaw line to make sure there is no line of demarcation. I am very pleased with the coverage which is much more than I was expecting. No breakouts and no oily breakthrough during the day. For me, this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Makeupkitty83

This is a mixed review: of terre neuve, the lightest shade of all. id classify it as a pink neutral,and much less yellow than the next two shades. I love the feel of this product due in part to the silica base. Silica in itself doesn't cause break outs, it's more how you use it. You can't touch your face while you're wearing it (avoid transplanting possible pore blocking particles) and you must not wear a heavy moisturiser underneath as I think silica can react with some moisturisers. And of course make sure your skin is absolutely clean when you apply. Pluses - beautiful colour, pale, illuminated, radiant, glowing like you've just had the best shag of your life followed by the deepest, most refreshing sleep of your life time. If you have truly pale skin it will match. Texture is ultra light but a very good coverage if you match the colour right. Cons: insanely expensive in Australia at $75-77 per bottle. While a great product it's completely over-priced for a tinted moisturiser. You still need to wear sunscreen under as I'm not convinced bb/tinted creams give adequate SPF protection. Found that it doesn't work well with under eye concealers like merinesse icon concealer or benefit concealer erase paste that both have illuminators in them. Like most silica products can clog around eye wrinkles if applied with above type concealers. Worked well though with matte concealers like it cosmetics bye bye under eye or Maybeline super stay 24 hour concealor. Also found there tends to be some mascara rub off under eye... Due to smooth sticky texture of silica based products

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Somewhat unsurprisingly, what works in Arizona does not work in Seattle.

I bought this product after having extraordinary results with my Aztec clay mask regiment in making my naturally ruddy skin ease up quite a bit. The yellow tones helped to neutralise the remaining redness and it was far lighter in feel than my (still beloved) Hourglass Immaculate. It didn't transfer noticeably and I like the light citrus scent it has when applying, which does not linger. I did break out a little bit on my chin after wearing it a couple times, but I couldn't pinpoint it down to this exact product. Regardless, when still living in dry, hot temperatures, it felt more wearable for everyday than foundation.

Until I moved back to Seattle. An hour after applying I felt greasy and sticky and it faded off my nose fairly quickly. I broke out more this time and it was sadly because of the TM. (I waited more than a week to try face makeup as I had cut my cheek while moving, so it wasn't just the weather change.) So while I did enjoy my short foray into tinted moisturiser, regrettably for my wallet, it was not meant to be, and I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 3:27:00 PM More reviews by gabriellerae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was looking for something lighter than the average liquid foundation to even out my skin tone and provide a flawless finish--without looking cakey or washed out. I was pleasantly surprised by the lightness and the level of coverage provided. I have combination skin that is more likely to be dry near my mouth (especially in winter) and oilier around my T-zone. With the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer, my skin looked dewy without delving into that sopping wet overdone drag queen look. And since it's lightweight and pretty minimal, I don't have to worry about my face coming off on anyone's shirt when we hug.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/10/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

St. Moritz. I am too pale for this. It's the only one sold by Sephora that is travel size. I live an hour and a half away from JC Penny Sephora either Savannah or Charleston. 4 yrs ago Dallas TX.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 4:30:00 AM More reviews by itsiliii

THE GOOD...
Now this is a product I really was not expecting to like so much! Radiance + oily skin = oil slick. I randomly picked up a sample of it because i've had a recent obsession with light foundation bases. Now my favorite tinted moisturizer is one whose coverage is easily notched up and down and this is really is good at that! Is really leaves me even and rather flawless looking. Texture is easy to work with and leaves a really healthy glow. I really like the packaging as well, super hygienic and easy to get the amount of product you need. Also I love that it nearly comes with 2oz, bang for your buck ladies!

THE BAD...
I still recommend concealer for really red and blotchy spots! Amount of dewyness may be too much for some oily gals to handle, but I like to set this with a light powder to offset it some! Also has a light scent to it which some people might not like!

THE UGLY...
The shades are not super well thought out, however since they are lighter in coverage technically you can get away without a perfect shade. As an NC25 Groendland, one of the new shades, comes pretty close although it leans a little pink. However, I find that the peachyness of it still works well with my skin.

Definitely a recommend!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by luineumaiel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

The texture of my skin isn't all that smooth, so using anything heavier than a tinted moisturiser makes the makeup on my skin look extremely cakey. Also I have blemish free skin, so I didn't want to put on more makeup than my skin needs to look healthy.

I bought this in Annapurna (Medium 2) and use it along with my Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick (Warm Honey/Golden) for spot concealing. It gives me a sheer, dewy coverage and that lasts and lasts and lasts. With this product, my skin is looks instantly better - glowy, golden and clear all at once. I'm extremely happy with this product and will keep repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2013 2:21:00 PM More reviews by NYSuzyq87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's like they didn't even try to match the average human's skin tone -- unless it's overly spray tanned individuals. This is the most orange cosmetic I've ever seen. Thankfully I received a sample from Sephora and did not need to pay for it. The product itself is pretty decent. I have oily skin and it made my skin look oilier (I think the color really made it stand out).