April 17, 2014 | 2008 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Dream Lumi Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Lily580

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this after a beauty blogger on YouTube raved about it. I was hesitant at first because my under eye dark circles are very hard to cover and the concealer I was using was very thick and I thought anything thinner wouldn't work as well but I was very pleasantly surprised with this! It works by reflecting light from it so that the dark circles don't show up and it is extremely effective! I will buy this again and again. Also, if you are tossing up between 2 colors, go for the lighter one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I bought this in Ivory, which is surprisingly pale enough for me (not many drugstore products are). I really like the generous amount of coverage, I would say even more than YSL's Touche Eclat. However, there are two downsides: First, there is little to no highlighter in the formula. For me, this means I still need to apply my Benefit High Beam under my eyes also (which works out to not be a very big deal). Secondly, I go through this product so quickly. I used it every day for 2 weeks and am halfway through the pen tube. So I'm not sure how cost effective it is to use this instead of YSL's Touche Eclat, but seeing as how it's 1/4 of the price and I tend to overuse my Touche Eclat because the formula is so thin in coverage, it may work out to be the best value.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this product it's not too thick and doesn't settle as much in my fine lines under my eyes which is my main problem area.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this being raved about by a beauty guru I adore. I got it at Walmart for $6 or $7. It does nothing for me. I apply it after my Maybelline instant age rewind under eye treatment concealer. I see no radiance. No brightening. I use it because I bought it & it doesn't do anything damage so I'm gonna use it up. I won't repurchase simply because I see no difference after using. I like the click pen style & the brush tip applicator though.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Pinktop33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The Dream stick concealer (Dream Lumi) is a dream to use. It glides on nicely and you need a minimal amount of product to achieve great coverage of dark, under-eye circles. I bought the lightest shade which worked well for my fair to light skin. The Dream Lumi doesn't work quite as well when used for covering raised blemishes.
It's nice to use a concealer that covers so well while going on so smoothly without causing me to tug on the delicate skin beneath the eyes. Incidentally, the Dream Lumi stick performed much better than the "boi-ing" concealer (Benefit) and cost half as much. (Dream Lumi - approx. $10.-11; "boi-ing"/Benefit concealer - $20.)

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:52:00 PM More reviews by seacolourr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am a bit on the fence about this product. I don't really like it, but I don't dislike it all that much either. I bought this when I first heard all of the raves for this product. Those raves mainly came from people comparing it to the Touche Éclat. So I was suckered in, purchased it in the lightest color (I'm super pale) and ran home to apply it. Upon first application I was pleasantly surprised. It offered medium coverage, and brightened significantly. My excitement was short lived. A few hours later it had settled into creases that I never knew I had (I'm only 19) and it made my eyes look crepe-y and wrinkly and just all around terrible. I do think this product could work for some people. Maybe those with more oily skin, but either way in my opinion, this product is waaaaaayyyy too heavy for the under eye area. I like it for brightening a lot, and sometimes I'll use it to touch up during the day, but I have to make sure I packed on the eye cream or else my under eye will just look dry and flaky and this will do nothing but highlight the flaws it causes. I'd say it's worth a try if you think it could work for you. I don't think it's a bad product, it just didn't work for me. I've since tried the Touche Éclat, and I prefer that, just because it's a lot less heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 3:33:00 PM More reviews by lifebythedrop

Looooove this stuff so much! I have bought about 3 pens already. I use the colour radiant for under my eyes and i love it! Really brightens up my face and covers my under eye circles so well. I don't use this to cover up pimples because that's not what it's really for. I don't find it creases at all, it's not drying. It really is a great affordable drugstore product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2013 12:26:00 AM More reviews by Xaephan

A lot of people have been raving about this, but I'm pretty disappointed over it. First of all, I sat there and clicked it about 100 times just to start using it, which is supremely annoying. I don't particularly like the brush applicator either, since I don't use it to blend, so it just feels like a bacterial housing.

I realize that this is supposed to be a highlighting concealer, but it doesn't cover at all for me. My dark circles look the same after two coats of this, and I don't actually notice much highlighting either. It works decently for around my nose to cover the redness, but doesn't cover my blemishes either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by amynguyen01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I own the touché eclat and yes, this is comparable. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. First, maybelline is tons cheaper and offers more coverage. The downside, it can get cakey and is not really lightweight unlike the touché éclat which looks extremely natural no matter how much you pile on. Those are basically the only differences I see between the two, and also the pink undertone of touche eclat and yellow undertone of maybelline, but that is because I own touché eclat in radiant and maybelline in ivory. I plan on buying the touche éclat in ivory and maybelline in radiant sometime within the next few months and will update. Bottom line, they are both equivalent in their quality overall. If you want natural radiance and don't have too dark of undereye circles, then I would recommend touche éclat. If you have dark circles such as I, and would risk the possibility of cakiness and not a lightweight texture, and dont want to shell out on the touche éclat, then I recommend maybelline. Because of my dark circles, I prefer maybelline as a product by itself. However, I find the best solution for me is to apply coastal scents bright eyed first (which I love and is comparable to Armani master corrector) and layer touché éclat over top.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by Jackie7354

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

THIS IS NOT MENT TO CONCEAL BLEMISHES. This is an ILLUMINATING concealer. If you apply it to a blemish, it will illuminate it. Who wants an illuminated blemish?

This is a non-shimmery concealer with pretty decent coverage. I bought this in the shade Ivory (I'm NC 15 for reference) and it has a peachy tone to it, which makes it perfect for brightening. I apply this to my dark under eye circles or any redness around my nose or mouth. It also can be used to brighten or highlight the face, so it could be applied to the bridge of the nose, cupid's bow, cheekbones, below the brow bone or above the brow bone for a lift. I found that the easiest way to apply this was to twist it just a bit, dab the excess on the back of my hand, and then use the tip of the pen to brush it on to the desired location. I used this the day after I got back to work from having the Flu, and my face looked bright and refreshed and no one could tell I had been sick.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No