Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

3.5

on 12/1/2012 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've heard so much about these lip butters so I was really excited to try them. My very first one was Peach Parfait. I am very dissapointed in the color. It is not visible at all on my lip. I am hispanic so my skin tone is like a light brown color, so that may be why. It's like im applying sparkles to my lips. Too much sparkle in it. I can build it up to make it slightly peachy but then it looks like i covered my lips in glitter so it's not appropriate to wear to school.
The only pro was it goes on smoothly and makes my lips soft if i pair it with my Nivea a kiss of honey lip balm.
Don't buy if your skin tone is a light brown, unless you just want sparkles on your lips.

on 11/26/2012 5:47:00 AM

what i dont like about the package is that it is hard to open IF i wanna open it slowly and carefully. i find this wearable on an everyday basis because it isnt pigmented. you have to take note that this is shimmery and it is more like a lip balm if you like it.

on 11/22/2012 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

A good, neutral everyday shade that works well with everything.
Is both moisturizing like a balm and pigmented like a lipstick. Feels a bit grittier than some on the matte lip butters due to its shimmer, but isnít significant.

on 11/20/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

peach parfait is a nice color, but the glitter is a bit much. it feels kind of sandpapery on my lips and i don't like the way it looks- in my opinion, one of those lipsticks that makes you look like you're trying too hard, and i don't like that feeling.

on 11/16/2012 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I like the feel of this lip butter -- it is not heavy like a lipstick, and glides on smoothly. However, my lips are already about the color of this particular lip butter, so I end up with a "my lips but better" look that is sparkly. Keep in mind that this is more of a berry shade than a peach shade -- so if you saw the ad thinking that your lips will come out peachy/coral colored like the model's -- that is not what is going to happen.

If I put a tiny bit of concealer on my lips, and then top it with this lip butter, I end up with a really nice looking pale pink, so it kind of does double duty for me.

I may buy this again...but on my already pigmented lips, I am really craving something that will stick out instead of creating the look of my lips just glossy!

on 11/14/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I heard all the hype about Revlon Lip Butters, and i try not to fall for hype. But there was a sale at CVS, so i caved and got a few. Peach Parfait (025) was one of them
First, it has shimmer. It does not seem overboard to me. I've picked up a few cheap products with cheap glitter excess and i know what people worry about. This was not one of those horror shows. I don't mind shimmer, so it doesn't bother me - i just make sure i do not have shimmer in all the cosmetics i'm wearing - frosty lips mean matte and satin finish products on the face. But if you don't like shimmer or frosted lipsticks, you may well not like this one.
Second, it is not a pure peach or coral color. My personal description is: medium-light taupe peach. In other words, it is a muted not an intense color. This makes it more wearable than a bright peach, or coral, or orange for me.
Finally Lip Butters are NOT tinted lip balms. Nearly all of them have plenty of color. The stick is a bit soft, so don't dial it all the way up - just a tiny tad past the top of the tube should be sufficient - it's how i use all my lipsticks. It has a soothing feel going on, but it is not an all-day moisturizer. Like most lipsticks it will need to be reapplied. And because it is so soft it will wear off more quickly than some lipsticks.
This doesn't bother me at all. I've never understood the lip balm obsession - most feel unpleasant to me. I prefer a lipstick, and this one is more moisturizing than many.

Love the color itself, HATE the glitter!! I wish they had this exact color, but without the glitter. Mine also got way too soft and broke off at the bottom. I LOVE the cream shades, but this one was a flop.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I like some of the other lip butters I've tried but i REALLY don't like this one. It looks like a nice natural peachy colour in the tube, but when applied there is so much glitter that the colour is lost. It ends up looking grey. The texture isn't nearly as nice as the other colours I own. It's gritty and clumpy. So disappointing since it looked so nice in the tube and in swatches I've seen. I much prefer Tutti Frutti which is a creamy peach/coral with no glitter.

on 11/14/2012 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

lighter than nc15, asian
I had seen tons of swatches of this lip butter, and it looked like a nice peachy color. First of all these are not cheap, and you hardly get any product. Secondly, there are these glittery shimmery bits in it that look cheap. The color is this muted, rusty peachy color. I do not find it flattering on me, and makes my lips look like a dirty browny color, and I do not have very pigmented lips. i know a lot of people love this lipstick, but it was not my cup of tea.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I was dying to get this product since everyone was saying how soft a smooth it was. When i finally got it, I found that it really wasn't that buttery like it says. It's almost as if the sparkles make the whole product coarser. There is a ridiculous amount of glitter in this, and the formula is a bit drying if you don't reapply, but that is to be expected. i do like the color though, that's about it. The packaging is okay, the lid is very cute. I wouldn't buy this again, but it is more of a lipstick anyway.